• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

tekkie

Smash Master
what we should have is a thread where people list the really good players in their region and the mains they use and their reflections on that matchup, i.e. how they play against them, what they think of the character and playstyle, all that stuff

but that would be pioneering and useful and i'm busy studying for finals and giggling to how funny "jonny jenkem" sounds

Gah777

Smash Lord
Yeah, i really like that idea as well... But I don't really know how to play against the best people in my state. I haven't played against Darklink in like months since all he does is play LoL and hang with Asian chicks. I do play against Kira fairly often, but he only uses his mains like 50% of the time, even in recent tourneys.

In other news, i've been playing around with b-reversed blasters and holy **** is it fun :awesome:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So I played Seagull Man in a 5$ MM the other day. I won 2-1 but he's pretty good. Even so I was thinking "This is it!? tedeth is waay better" :troll:
:troll:

Your Dk is one of the best I've played. I gotta stop falling for side b Dk ledge hops:awesome:.
Oh yeah, I still don't understand the Wolf vs. Yoshi matchup AT ALL. I had friendlies against Yosh on friday and his Yoshi 2 stocked my wolf, then I went Sheik and was winning until I SD'd. I'm thinking of keeping Sheik for fighting Yoshis.

:059:
Laser him till he approaches. Reflect all eggs. Bair him away. That is like all you have to do. If you can footstool him then that's a free kill too lawl.

Poltergust says Yoshi's worst matchups are Marth, Wolf, and there was one more, but I forget the third one. He alts Sheik LOL.
jonny jenkem
Oh dear lord.
:O polts really good, too bad he plays yoshi :< lol
yoshi's nose upsets me with its size xD i love yoshi's island though, the stage and the game :D
i always hear yoshi's complain about wolf being hard but i dunno why
maybe polt can help
poltergust
poltergiest
polt
polt
yoshi
You could just post a matchup export to the Yoshi boards. He'll post there for sure.
Why do people insist on trying to get people to namesearch their way in here? :(

I namesearch myself all the time.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
In other news, i've been playing around with b-reversed blasters and holy **** is it fun :awesome:
ditto :3
Feels so good being able to pull it off exactly when i'd want it to work, and perform some nice edge-guarding or combos after the bayo. hits~

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Next weekend I'll be at a Christmas party with lots of dope to smoke. Imma watch these vids all night.
Glad I'm not the lone-stone-wolf.

Oh yeah, I still don't understand the Wolf vs. Yoshi matchup AT ALL. I had friendlies against Yosh on friday and his Yoshi 2 stocked my wolf, then I went Sheik and was winning until I SD'd. I'm thinking of keeping Sheik for fighting Yoshis.
I'll post my vids against the Yoshi from my area, but I beat him pretty badly in 1 of the 2 matches we played this weekend.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
squirtles utilt is so cute, he's the only reason pokemon trainer is cool.
charizard is lame and ivysaur upsets me
WHY CAN'T I JUST BE SQUIRTLE!?

some guy came into my friends work yesterday and saw us playing brawl, he said he's fairly active in our scene but i dunno his tag, he was ROB and i actually beat him :D but i was snake cause I'm scared of ROB as wolf still ;~; that fair offstage always gets me good, but bairing him is lulzy

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
worse than ganon? ROB can fly
:awesome:

i seriously think zelda is worse than ganon, i'm tempted to say jiggs is as well just cause i like ganon more than them :glare:

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Actually, Zelda is the worst, and Wolf is the best. But not when you consider that Ganondorf is both a pimp and broken. We should all know this by now.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Gheb is the worst character in Brawl.
and Semifer da bess <3!!!!
Semifer > US Wolfs, true story
you all suck, step up your game <3<3

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
My Dazzle just came in the mail :awesome: expect videos over winter break ;D Also, this post is going to be really long. But whatever.

If you're serious...

Then sure! I'd be glad to.
i am serious. Ish give the thread to espy!
On it :3 lol @ Wolf mains always letting others take responsibility xD man we're lazy.

Shine>Ftilt?

Also, I got a few vids today. Like a lot of Zss,Mk vs Wolf. The Zss, Mk were almost all Snakeee. I got one match recorded with M2k, but it was not pretty...

I can tell my buffering isn't on par when I'm rolling when trying to bair out of shield. I need to practice consistently if I want to stay on top of my game, but I just am too lazy/don't have time.

M2k beat Adhd for the first time since like February this tourney.
You have so many vids @____@ it's good lol, just, damn, Seagull doing work :p

OKay well someone test this out...

HOW CAN FTILT BE PUNISHED IF WOLF FTILTS THEM FROM THE BACK?!?!
First off, you're not the first person to come up with this or use it lmao, it's okay imo. Second, after the first hit of ftilt, the opponent has a 20 frame advantage while still in their shield. Any decent usmash/bair OoS should be able to punish you. Hell, drop shield, turnaround jab works for every single character except for Yoshi (who doesn't have the time to turn around if I calculated things correctly lol). It works better against people who don't know what to do about a shielded ftilt, but against those that have a clue... not quite as effective, but it's better than being in front of them I guess.

*will have vids in time*

Yay vids :3

*KB is also using Wolf*
Yay more people using Wolf :3

This is actually not okay at all lmao

Next weekend I'll be at a Christmas party with lots of dope to smoke. Imma watch these vids all night.

Edit: Testing sig.

Nuuuuuuu X_________x

i kinda gayed him in pools also

he won game 1 vs my wario so i cped him to FD and went falco and just shot one laser and stood at the ledge until he approached // got grabbed XDDDD

then he took me to lylat and i just went d3 :awesome:
lol intelligent Falcos are a real pain in the butt if you let them get the lead :<

So I played Seagull Man in a 5$ MM the other day. I won 2-1 but he's pretty good. Even so I was thinking "This is it!? tedeth is waay better" :troll:
:troll:

I haven't seen or heard much from Tedeth for quite some time, how's he doing?

Supposedly, just bair wall the entire match, shine/fair if you need to, then kill with a dsmash. Idk, it works well enough for Yes!, but I don't exactly understand it either @_@

:O polts really good, too bad he plays yoshi :< lol
yoshi's nose upsets me with its size xD i love yoshi's island though, the stage and the game :D
i always hear yoshi's complain about wolf being hard but i dunno why
maybe polt can help
poltergust
poltergiest
polt
polt
yoshi
Polt is ****. YI the game is more **** though :x definitely in my top 5 favorite games :3

Why do people insist on trying to get people to namesearch their way in here? :(

Namesearching is stupid, just VM them if you have something to ask lol

what we should have is a thread where people list the really good players in their region and the mains they use and their reflections on that matchup, i.e. how they play against them, what they think of the character and playstyle, all that stuff

but that would be pioneering and useful and i'm busy studying for finals and giggling to how funny "jonny jenkem" sounds
This, but let's wait and see how the BBR matchup thread turns out first. lol Jonny Jenkem :p

Yeah, i really like that idea as well... But I don't really know how to play against the best people in my state. I haven't played against Darklink in like months since all he does is play LoL and hang with Asian chicks. I do play against Kira fairly often, but he only uses his mains like 50% of the time, even in recent tourneys.

JJ and I have something to settle with this man... :glare:

KRD, have you tried bair dancing vs yoshi? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKRm5JNOrs

If you have, have you tried cow dancing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY
... *facepalm*

squirtles utilt is so cute, he's the only reason pokemon trainer is cool.
charizard is lame and ivysaur upsets me
WHY CAN'T I JUST BE SQUIRTLE!?

some guy came into my friends work yesterday and saw us playing brawl, he said he's fairly active in our scene but i dunno his tag, he was ROB and i actually beat him :D but i was snake cause I'm scared of ROB as wolf still ;~; that fair offstage always gets me good, but bairing him is lulzy
If each pokemon was a standalone character, I'd probably co-main Ivysaur. So bamf. 3rd most bamf horrible character after Ganon and CF imo. Ganon is just too cool for competitive play. Too ****ing cool. :coolmonke

Also, yeah what Gheb said lol, except not so much, but ROB is mediocre. You'll learn how to not get gimped in time ;D

Gheb is the worst character in Brawl.
and Semifer da bess <3!!!!
Semifer > US Wolfs, true story
you all suck, step up your game <3<3
Hey, I'm working on it :< lol

As I said before, I want to see Semifer come to a large US tournament sometime in the future :3 His Wolf is pretty awesome.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
thanks to DI and intelligent use of the double jump i don't get gimped by ROB but a couple fairs offstage racks some good dmg, doesnt help that wolf is fairly easy to whack when offstage

iiiish, i have offline matches up now :< i know my friends and i suck but even noobs need help Dx lol
pit is a really fun MU imo

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I saw :3 Didn't get to watch them yet because taking care of drunk friend + studying for a final I need a 98% or above on takes priority, but in time ;D

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hey, can we start a "laugh you lose" thread? or are there too many of those already?

Bead

Smash Ace
Sil plays campy and then switches it up to super agro mid fight. Just gotta know how to handle the switch.
Rising Shine <3
Wolf has like super bair chain on ROB also

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Guys i need help on the ROB matchup lol :s I lost twice to a rob main in a tourney today, he was reading all of my stuff, and im sure i was spacing Bair correctly and i even tried to spam lasers and stuff, but he just managed to counter all my atacks... Any general advice or strategy i could use vs him? The only thing i found out is that norfair ***** ROB. Also, i didnt get gimped, just overall stage owned lmao.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
shine his projectiles, make sure you space really well, his dtilt and ftilt have really good range.
when he's recovering high look out for fast fall nairs and other tricks like that.
ROB is bulky and his butt is a really easy target for bair :D
he can't kill very well unless he gimps you or usmash but usmash shouldnt really ever connect if you're smart about it.
when offstage always save your 2nd jump and DI up after getting hit with fair. That stupid gyro of his can really hurt you offstage though so look out for that. D:
imo fair isnt a huge asset in this MU so i save it for kills along with dsmash of course.

**** the crap out of him when he's offstage, he can't airdodge out of his recovery and its hella slow. punish him when he lands on stage with usmash or a move of your choice

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
lol i saw that on kotaku, snorlax is god damn terrifying, no eyes and a creepy mouth like that o_O

mewtwo actually looks cool instead of lame in that one too :D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/Hotbutnotonfire/halolz-dot-com-pokemontvshowthemes-josephducreux.jpg
Yes <3

Hey, can we start a "laugh you lose" thread? or are there too many of those already?
Yeah, don't think we can do that on the character boards... sorry :/

@ ROB stuff: once he's in the air (fair helps), bair chain + uair juggle. A lot. Reflect stuff when you can, blaster stops the gyro, uhh laser him to be a pain since he's huge, roll away > fsmash when he's trying to land with nairs, etc. Idk, my explanations for most matchups sucks lol. Go ROB and make it ROB dittos :awesome:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah, don't think we can do that on the character boards... sorry :/
Oh poo well here is a random picture anyway :D

Apples to Apples anyone? Like the edited cards because that is how we play it. We edit anything that can be funny.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
LOL @ people thinking Zelda is the worst character.

Shut up, Yika. I beat the guy, who beat the guy, who tied with Semifer so I'm AT LEAST as good as him.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hmmm KRD's sheik is as good as polts sheik, which might be as good as polts yoshi, and i beat KRD's sheik once so i'm better than polt and the top players that polt has beaten :D

i like this logic

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I has questions for you woofs.
How do you guys punish tornado?
What percent does your uair kill mk, and zamus? Also your downsmash?

Also you turned one of my favorite peach mains into a wolf main...WHY???? D:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
lol intelligent Falcos are a real pain in the butt if you let them get the lead :<
i cped fd and he stayed, and i mained falco before mk so i know the mu

i just empty shed until he did something shot one laser
and then stood near the ledge until he approached and got a grab :awesome:
Off topic: Orion, do you play League of Legends?
no :/

i only play smash XD

Top Bottom