• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World HOBO Results(FULL RESULTS/PICS/VIDS/STORIES ARE UP!! SOMEONE BAN METAKNIGHT!!)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to note that I think Texas's top players are all extremely good, extremely awesome, and extremely sexy. I enjoyed playing with and spending time with players like Dojo, Santi, Infinity, Hylian, etc.

Why is it that the players underneath them in skill must be so hostile and talk so much trash to me? Is it because you lack the skill to beat me while they can just take me on evenly or beat me?

I didn't find Texas overall to be really hospitable at all. Just the top players and a few others. I'm going to come back because I have family in Texas, but the atmosphere I dealt with during teams and the first day on the livestream (when I playing badly; I beat TheJerm twice in MMs the second day, twostocking him several times, for instance) was really annoying and disrespectful.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
lol

I'm indeed really cocky and confident. It's how I've been all my life.

I don't get like this unless people spew random nonsense garbage, like what Esca did. I just posted facts to **** him. Bias is gay and I'm honest. Oh well.
haha sorry but its one or the other, Cocky or Confident... and there is a fine line. And you are so far over the cocky line right now its rather annoying. Ok, so some people said some " random nonsense garbage" so what??? you have to try to justify yourself why? spare us please. Talk is cheap, and we don't want to hear about how amazing you think you are. And your facts proved nothing nor did it "**** Esca"

And to help you out, it wold probably be in your best interest to get rid of the cocky attitude. It wont take you far at all. And yes i am referring to in life, there is more than brawl out there, wether you believe it or not

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'd like to note that I think Texas's top players are all extremely good, extremely awesome, and extremely sexy. I enjoyed playing with and spending time with players like Dojo, Santi, Infinity, Hylian, etc.

Why is it that the players underneath them in skill must be so hostile and talk so much trash to me? Is it because you lack the skill to beat me while they can just take me on evenly or beat me?

I didn't find Texas overall to be really hospitable at all. Just the top players and a few others. I'm going to come back because I have family in Texas, but the atmosphere I dealt with during teams and the first day on the livestream (when I playing badly; I beat TheJerm twice in MMs the second day, twostocking him several times, for instance) was really annoying and disrespectful.
i tried to make it the best experience possible for ALL players but i guess you sliped through the cracks. I apologize. i mean that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wouldn't it be *shakes fist*? Waving your hand in the air means you would be trying to get someone's attention. or saying hi Shaking your fist means your angry or see bullcrap.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
KY>RG
RG>Kown
Esca=Sexy

There no bias in this post :)
escas pit is good but not THE best pit.
uhhh i think the rest of the Pits deserve some credit..we all are generally in the same range, and i also beat KY as well in pools. his Pit is still amazing, but Escas in TX isn't the only one out there

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Generally the amount of hospitality one receives is directly correlated with their personality. The more arrogant/cocky you are, the less well you are treated by Texans as a whole. This isn't EC or WC, where skill at the game is all that matters when trying to get respect. Next time you come down try not to trash talk, and to be nice, as hard as that may be, and you'll find your experience much more pleasurable.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Inui's just mad he got wrecked in an e-argument and thus his e-peen leveled down from 3 to 2. When your e-peen is as large as PX's, you tend to not really care about losing a level (like he's ever lost, lol) as the difference in size is nothing in comparison to the size in general.

In other words, I called him out for refusing to play me AT ALL in friendlies or money matches, and instead of saying "hey maybe we'll play next time" he calls me a nobody and gets all defensive over why he refused to bet money against a "nobody"

--a very logical indeed.

I personally found all of Texas to be cool ****. Not just "top players" but everyone there. Then again I wasn't a douche to anyone (aside from the 3 *******s I drove down there with) so I don't think I did anything that would force them to behave otherwise.

Maybe next time Inui's visiting his family he can go buy some class from one of the department stores in Texas.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I didn't play you flip.:( Wasn't avoiding you or anything, its just a lot of people wanted to play me and I just didn't have time. I'll be at HOBO16 so if you go, we can play then. :D

Same for you GreyFox, come to HOBO16. :D

Also, just throwing out my 2 cents. Inui is a really chill person (never got to play him though :() Also he does place well so he does have a reason to be cocky. The guy is mad good.:)

I'll do shoutouts later today...I promise this time >.>.

My Peach is TRASH!!! D:

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yes KOS-MOS, he places well, and isn't a terrible player. That isn't the argument though. The argument is over what kind of person the guy is.

The worth of a person can't be deduced from how he treats those he deems as his equals, but only by the way he treats those he deems his inferior.

From what I've read here, and experienced at WHOBO through several interactions with the oaf, he's pretty much a douche and a half.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Mew2King and Bum lost to dmbrandon and Malcolm, a team Atomsk and I beat.

Mew2King and Bum lost to DireVulcan and Wes, a team Atomsk and I beat four times and Bum and I beat twice.

Mew2King and PRiDE lost twice to Snakeee and Shadow.

Mew2King and Velocity dropped plenty of sets back in the day.

Pardon me for not functioning on an equal level to the best player in the world, fucktard. DSF and Tyrant were both better than me individually and I'm horrible against Snake and weak in MK dittos, so I had a lot of trouble. Did you notice the two games in grand finals set two where I outperformed everyone, including Mew2King? Especially on Brinstar. I had my moments, and most of the players, if not all of them, would have looked bad next to Mew2King in teams. I had to camp a lot and come up with strategies on the spot in order to not get wrecked because he wasn't Atomsk.
ok fine inui u can bring up facts then i can bring up facts too

1) we lost to DM and Malcom cuz Bum was getting *****. He said let me do singles matches with them and Bum got ***** by DM 3 times and I still had 2 stock low % fighting malcom the whole time when Bum was already dead. I think that was his fault

2) vs Dire/Wes the match we won was convincing then we lost from 3 0% buckets AND a 9 hammer at 20% between games 2 and 3 then bum lost a 1 on 1 to dire at the end with the stock he stole from me even though i was being aggressive the whole time. You and Atomsk were also cheering against me and bum because you knew we woulda beat you. You didn't care if your friend won you just wanted us to lose since I always beat you in teams.

3) we lost to snakeee/shadow 3-2 last stock high % both of them, I was doing great it's just pride got ***** by shadow. 2nd set they beat us by more, but I remember me and pride 3-1ing you and atomsk and still beating everyone else too

4) me and NinjaLink had a very, very, very easy time with you and Bum in teams

5) we got 2nd before and it's ONLY cuz velocity DIES SO MUCH (esp with suicides)

you're fine in teams inui but if you wanna play the game of bringing up facts then i will play that game too

edit - what was livestream saying about me? I'm curious now

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry to hear what happened to you Inui! I'm shocked because when I went to Texas everyone was extremely nice and friendly there.

Edit: Oh, just read Phantom's post :p

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ya'll are buncha babies. 'wah, wah, wah! i'm good at brawl, everyone needs to know it'

theres this mentality among most top players, where they just somehow assume everyone wants to play them. 'As long as i dont lose in friendlies, i stay on the tv'
i can't speak for everyone, but if i've beaten 3 or 4 oponents in a row, i give up my TV spot. i would feel like an ******* hogging the TV just because i'm 'better'.

back in Louisiana local tournies, i give up the TV to let scrubs play all the time. I dont understand how being better at a game = special treatment. Pros are nothing without scrubs! They're the widest part of the community and make the pot what it is.

Example with madeup names: (any resemblance is completely coincidental)
i watch some smasher called LaprasKing beat up some smasher called Saifis. If i really wanted to play Saifis instead, i'd ****ing say "i got next with Saifis" to which LaprasKing may respond, "-but i won" or perhaps "i'm practicing for my tourney bracket"...to which i'd reply, "i really dont give a ****. You may never lose, and i'd like to play Saifiss regardless if you're better, and in addition- maybe i'd like to practice for a tournament match too!"

its that 'eliteness' i can't stand. Or even that 'over-seriousness' of certain peer-skilled players. The kind where if they beat you in a random friendly, they stare at you coldly in the eyes, shake your hand and say "good game" as if they've proven themselves in some way. its like "LOL wut?" I cant' have fun if my oponents aren't having fun.

also
ShoutOuts:

nvmd i'm lazy

Rocann

Smash Lord
Just last month, I went straight Pit in grand finals against Mew2King and Omni's double MK team.

I outperformed Atomsk for the most part and we were the only team to take a game off of them.

Facts > your opinion. I proved I can still **** with that character.
yeah I edited that before you posted because I figured you must have *some* accomplishment with him recently

but taking one game off of a good team doesn't make you better than rogue pit (not saying you're saying it does)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Kinda makes me wish I could've chilled with you a little more. I'm not the type to mess with someone or trashtalk someone if I don't have a generally moderate liking of the person, so instead, I tend to just not be around them. I'm pretty sure it was the better of the two decisions, and I'm sorry people had to treat you the way they did.

However, at the same time, I'd also wish you would calm down with the "cockiness" and all. We know you're a good player, the brackets speak on that behalf. However, your character, and what you say and do when someone criticizes you is what I believe everyone focuses on, and that overall gives you a negative personality to those people. I'd suggest responding to people who attack you for whatever reason with more...class.

Just a thought.

Generally the amount of hospitality one receives is directly correlated with their personality. The more arrogant/cocky you are, the less well you are treated by Texans as a whole. This isn't EC or WC, where skill at the game is all that matters when trying to get respect. Next time you come down try not to trash talk, and to be nice, as hard as that may be, and you'll find your experience much more pleasurable.
This, this, and more of this, Inui. I know I can tell you with 150% certainty that I probably would've been more likely to talk to you during the tournament if you had a more welcoming personality. I'd like to think I'm a chill guy when I just talk about with the other players, but I'm very hesitant to meet others, and the personality they give off, both online and offline, is one of my key factors to judging whether or not I should even affiliate myself with the person in question.

Also, just throwing out my 2 cents. Inui is a really chill person (never got to play him though :() Also he does place well so he does have a reason to be cocky. The guy is mad good.:)
I'm pretty sure he's a cool guy once you get to know him, but I really don't think there's ever a legitimate reason to be cocky or arrogant to others. Doing so only makes you look bad to others who might've initially liked you.

Treating even the bad situations as something positive shows definite class and personality that people like in another person.

Sorry to hear what happened to you Inui! I'm shocked because when I went to Texas everyone was extremely nice and friendly there.

Edit: Oh, just read Phantom's post :p
Texas is amazing.

ya'll are buncha babies. 'wah, wah, wah! i'm good at brawl, everyone needs to know it'

theres this mentality among most top players, where they just somehow assume everyone wants to play them. 'As long as i dont lose in friendlies, i stay on the tv'
i can't speak for everyone, but if i've beaten 3 or 4 oponents in a row, i give up my TV spot. i would feel like an ******* hogging the TV just because i'm 'better'.

back in Louisiana local tournies, i give up the TV to let scrubs play all the time. I dont understand how being better at a game = special treatment. Pros are nothing without scrubs! They're the widest part of the community and make the pot what it is.

i watch some smasher called LaprasKing beat up some smasher called Saifis. If i really wanted to play Saifis instead, i'd ****ing say "i got next with Saifis" to which LaprasKing may respond, "-but i won" or perhaps "i'm practicing for my tourney bracket"...to which i'd reply, "i really dont give a ****. You may never lose, and i'd like to play Saifiss regardless if you're better, and in addition- maybe i'd like to practice for a tournament match too!"

its that 'eliteness' i can't stand. Or even that 'over-seriousness' of certain peer-skilled players. The kind where if they beat you in a random friendly, they stare at you coldly in the eyes, shake your hand and say "good game" as if they've proven themselves in some way. its like "LOL wut?" I cant' have fun if my oponents aren't having fun.
I wanted to respond to this, but I think I'll just pass instead.

---------

I'll do shoutouts eventually, I promise :(((

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'll do shoutouts later.

Kash - Where did you come from? El Paso? You wrecked my pools dude! How come you wouldn't money match me?
Albuquerque, New Mexico my friend. You were the one that wouldn't money match me, remember?! :p It's all good. Keep doin' that voodoo that you do.

Dekar/Kash - lol NM got wrecked against us even with fogo. Maybe u need more good players next time lol. You guys are awesome thoug, sick diddy and always impressive wolf.
Yeah, we pretty much got ***** in crews. It won't happen next time because next time we'll have our good players :p. We must MM with our Pikmin.

No ab, i lost to DMG and jerm. also...i won like 7/10 MM's

ill list them.

AB-1-3, stupid SD n jump into fsmash, lol no johns.
DMG-1-3 Are you always invincible?
Jerm-1/2, someone stop the infinite cycle of projectiles, lol...

wins
kown-2/1, very close, i love tippers
seiya- 2/0, 3 stocked.
Lain-2/1, your d3 is amazing, but im too good...
Kash-2/0, japes almost gayed me out...
Hylian-3/0, IM A BEAST.
Ozz-2/0, no falco scares me, lol but good stuff.
retro- 2/0, no comment, lol.

MM that didnt happen...
mikehaze- was scared
dphat- srry we had to go
royr- didnt want to be the best marth, lol jk
dojo- idk why we didnt i 4got...

i hope to go to hobo 16...any housing? LOL, JK
Nice try. I beat you the first game. It was 2-1.

SEIYA LOVE!
33: Kashakunaki=wolf-hacky sack was fun sailor jupiter was hella hot ha, good friendlies too close matches when u took me to norfair i was like hehe thats pits best stage but i ended up getting gayed by it anyway lol
Hacky sack was the bomb, man, and yeah, she was gorgeous. I got her number, too bad she's taken :p.

Money match was too good, and so was that shirt.

Better? I just look ******** on the picture so I didn't post it. And your 14 you don't understand the bonds of friendship made at whobo :bee:
I'm never going to question your awesomeness again.

33: Kashakunaki=wolf......i hate to say it but me an royr and a few others all agree that you are better than kalo's wolf.......i didnt think that was possible. Thanks for driving all the way from New Mexico, it means alot to me.
That means a lot to me, Xyro. I appreciate it. You did an amazing job with this tournament as did DugFinn and all the players that made it so fun. This tournament gave me renewed enthusiasm for the game. I'm going to train to prove Wolf is a tournament viable character.

Kashakunaki: Why are you so gooood :confused: Hope to see you at another tourney, less than a year away this time :)
Definitely, man! You are way too cool. I love talkin' to you. I should have had you sign my shoes for ****s and giggles. You owe me a MM!

33: Kashakunaki=wolf- Fun MM bro, nice to meet you
Definitely man. We're gonna have to rematch sometime :p

33: Kashakunaki=wolf- Nice seeing you again, Come To El Paso too play with us!!
Yeah, try not to wreck us too hard in crews next time. I'm sure we'll definitely be going down there to hang out some time. Some Brawl, some hacky sack, some whatever.

Kashakunaki: Why did you bring SOOO much stuff? You had EVERYTHING lol. Fun games, you were really good. Fun car rides as well haha.
Blame my mom. I learned that **** from her, ha. Car rides = too pro
I'll need to play you again. God, I need Ice Climbers practice. By the way, way to pimp Jamal then get pimped by Lain.

Hylian wrecked Jamal's world at butt-tag. JV 4-stock at the very least.
Yeah, but then Lain came and tore Hylian a new one. He must be the master pimp.

3Stocked

Smash Rookie

also
ShoutOuts:

nvmd i'm lazy
The beard knows all.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

^Thisx100.

Seriously, I give up my spots all the time. One or two matches at a TV and then move somewhere else. Hogging a TV is just plain rude. If you see someone behind you wanting to play, let them play. Even if they don't ask, always OFFER them to go next. They may just be too shy to ask.

Top Bottom