• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World HOBO Results(FULL RESULTS/PICS/VIDS/STORIES ARE UP!! SOMEONE BAN METAKNIGHT!!)

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Generally the amount of hospitality one receives is directly correlated with their personality. The more arrogant/cocky you are, the less well you are treated by Texans as a whole. This isn't EC or WC, where skill at the game is all that matters when trying to get respect. Next time you come down try not to trash talk, and to be nice, as hard as that may be, and you'll find your experience much more pleasurable.
I am sorry but this deserves to be quoted again;)
sorry for the spam as well

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I know I didn't go to the tournament (I lacks the driving skills/money. Maybe in August I'll drive over for a HOBO), but I can add to the whole TX hospitality thing. I am from a different country and not Texas after all, so I can see it through the eyes of someone who isn't a Texan.

What Phantom said is basically dead on. You might as well think of it as a bit of a mirror: the more cocky, arrogant, and stuck up you are when first meeting people, they more they (Texans) are going to dislike you. The more polite and laid back you are, the more they like you. It's as simple as that really. Once you start to know people more around here, you can be a bit more cocky during matches and trash talk a bit; everyone will be cool about it. But if you came down here liking rather high and mighty like (which sounds as if it's the case): what did you expect to happen?

You could have the most skill at Brawl in the world when coming to Texas, but if you're flaunt it verbally and in your actions outside of yourself physically playing the game, nobody is going to like you and some people are going to target you for it. This isn't the North East, this is Texas. Different area, different rules.

Esca

Smash Champion
Inui, maybe I was wrong about you. You don't rely on Metaknight.

You did really really well with Marth apparently.

IN JUNE.

Gtfo.

Balls o' Fury.

∫unk

Smash Master
Shoutouts:
1: M2K - I was the other one that played in the Rainbow Cruise + Pokeballs + Assist Trophy + Smash ball 8 minute free for all. That was fun and good job on the win when almost everyone was cheering against you.
3: DSF - Taught me how to not care about what the other person is saying. But I think that makes you way too selfish.
4: Lee Martin - Should have talked more.
5: Co18 - Second best DDD I've seen.
5: Tyrant - Taught me how to **** talk back this trip. But you **** talk too much.
7: Melee1 - Fun friendlies.
9: RoyR - Fun friendlies I hope you learned something from SoCal Marths.
9: Ultimate razer - **** you forgot to pack your lunch.
13: error - hmm I played you in friendlies you made it really far with Oli good job
13: Hylian - sorry I sucked balls day 3 friendlies no johns though see you in tournament
13: Dphat - really good marth i hope you learned some stuff about the ditto from me :p
13: Dmg - the other top tier commentator :D
17: Fliphop - ballsy as hell "put me next to m2k round 1"
17: Inui - I made a lot of fun of you on livestream but I was just joking I think you're really good especially in teams
17: UtdZac - I got sooo lucky in pools I don't know how I won.
17: Santi - Literally could be my step brother. Thanks for showing me how much TL can ****. We should play more next time so I can figure stuff out :p I should have went to the rave I heard there were girls hiding in the middle.
17: Kosmos - I'd say #1 peach right now. Good job
17: Mike Haze - Good **** overall at the tourney. You got better as a player and as a person.
25: lain - Chillllllllllllll. Everyone knows you're going to **** at the next tourney.
25: bwett - fun playing the few friendlies. I don't think yoshi is better than marth wtf lol I almost figured it out in one game.
25: Bad news bear - It was fun playing you in the few friendlies and your marth looked pretty **** I learned stuff from it.
33: Fogo - Good mm it was sooooooooo close
33: Xyro - Many samus mains in WC are dissappointed we didn't play.
33: Cyphus - **** we didn't MM
33: burrito - **** we didn't MM
33: phantomx - good wario taught me a lot about the matchup
33: Esca - ledge hop spike lololololol. completely underrated pit.
49: Junk in the Trunk - i think i didn't do as well as i could have maybe 1-2 places higher in bracket but oh well first time out of state i was just happy to make it out of pools.
49: Sudai - fun teaming with u
49: Takeurlife - chill dude we should have played some friendlies but my opinion changed a lot about you.
65: Poptart - get 2-0'd by junk my metaknight isn't even good. next time shake my hand no matter how mad u are. and i wasn't crying about it on livestream it was funny as hell that you did 136 ledge grabs and still couldn't beat me in a game and you kept doing it even when you were winning.
71-140: pools
Furbs - Thanks so much for housing and pretty much being amazing. Top tier at Monopoly mindgames in his first game.

Pros:
Chillin - looooool

Anime Convention - All the smelly, cosplaying, slutty people made times outside of tournament pretty fun.

Monopoly - That was too much fun.

SoCal ppl - teaching me how to ****talk. I don't like doing it but against people who are just annoying as **** I'll do it.

Texas ppl - Honestly, cooler than CA people. They don't make fun of something every second and the extreme generosity is refreshing.

Livestream - Good times with me and the livestream peeps I think I did pretty good :D

No Pros:
Tying for 1st then getting 3rd Seed - But if I just won a game against a fox it wouldn't matter so I brought it upon myself.

Me - I suck if I don't know the matchup and I'm inconsistent.

Sleeping on the floor 2 nights in a row, listening to SoCal whine like 5 year old girls about getting the middle seat in a 10 minute-30 minute car drive, etc. - nothing really to say here

The rave - I only saw dudes

I probably forgot a lot of people and forgetting a few things sorry remind me or if I remember I'll edit this post

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Inui, maybe I was wrong about you. You don't rely on Metaknight.

You did really really well with Marth apparently.

IN JUNE.

Gtfo.

Balls o' Fury.
I actually went back to check out the results Inui put up. They are all from May-July of last year.

Perhaps, maybe, results from a later time, say, January-Present would suffice as evidence?

Those results just prove that you did really, really well with Marth/Snake/Pit/Falco...in the very beginning of the metagame.

Esca

Smash Champion
And so noone gets offended, when I said most notable Pit, I meant KY_Des. Kyle has an amazing Pit, and has actually proved it.

SEVERAL people from down here have said that Ky is better than Rogue, and that he's over-rated.

Inui, your really a joke man. I feel sorry for you.

@Junk- Dude, your Marth is amazing. I'm not so sure of how rated you are, but I've seen you on Marth boards a little, and Take is always pissy about it, but you're really chill, and excellent at this game. Stick to Marth though. No meta. <3

Santi

Smash Lord
LMAOO!!!!! the whobo video im making is SOOO FUNNY!!!
dmg-" its yo boy Van Jones"

im uploading it to my youtube channel like now :)

LEE!!! :( I pointed the camera down on the last 3 seconds of your match against Co18 :( im sorry i just had to see it with my own eyes

you can still hear 3...2..1.. GAME! and everyone gets crunk :)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
metametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametameta

go brawl results

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I didn't find Texas overall to be really hospitable at all. Just the top players and a few others. I'm going to come back because I have family in Texas, but the atmosphere I dealt with during teams and the first day on the livestream (when I playing badly; I beat TheJerm twice in MMs the second day, twostocking him several times, for instance) was really annoying and disrespectful.
the cheering wasn't meant to be taken that seriously, and i apologize for that. It's just friendly **** talk between regions, we were cheering for west coast, and you just happened to be on the other team.

no hate little buddy

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
hylian u probably were watching m2k vs dojo grand finals why didint u say anything when u saw him extend his dimentional cape for a few seconds? did he not break the rule?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sure Dojo winning because of a technicality is something neither Dojo or M2K wanted.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No one cared. I noticed it, but I thought it was only banned for stalling. Getting a win from that is a ***** move anyway, lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
the cheering wasn't meant to be taken that seriously, and i apologize for that. It's just friendly **** talk between regions, we were cheering for west coast, and you just happened to be on the other team.

no hate little buddy
This.

I was ranting so hard.

"COME ON JASON, YOU GOT THIS!"

"BE CAREFUL JASON!!"

LMAO.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Inui, you're honestly surprised that Texas wasn't all smiles and hugs after all of the **** you talked leading up to WHOBO? I mean, seriously, what did you expect?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kawaii... Hi :)

Man I love commentating. I wanna do that again at Apex.

CY

Smash Ace
beaumont trash talk is top tier!

esca was cheering for m2k during dojo match for no reason(joking of course)

then we started the loud cheer for when dojo picked a stage. everyone went crazy for no reason.

i didn't really pack any lunch though ;\

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
i think im in that! i remember looking straight into a camera that was held by mr. santi.

and yea inui's attitude is extremely annoying. he's cocky, and when he loses, he johns. not a good mix at all.

also im not so sure why your so confident in your pit inui. i let you use D3 or pit against my falco in our MM, and you picked D3, who has a MUCH harder time fighting falco than pit. honestly, i think you take your words a BIT too far. your pit isnt better than esca/cha0tic/kown/seiyas pits here in texas. ill **** that ****

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
dmg-" its yo boy Van Jones"

im uploading it to my youtube channel like now :)

LEE!!! :( I pointed the camera down on the last 3 seconds of your match against Co18 :( im sorry i just had to see it with my own eyes

you can still hear 3...2..1.. GAME! and everyone gets crunk :)
I wanna see this.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I didn't get many shoutouts. It's ok, I still haven't done mine. I promise I'll post them soon enough, maybe after midnight tonight when I don't have a project due anymore.

<3 everyone.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok wow, I just read 10 pages of Inui's arrogant trash talking? I wasn't planning on posting anything like this but...

Inui got his lunch packed by a 10 yr old fox main scrub!

Rofl I ask you for a money match and you made some excuse about not wanting to take money from a little kid? What was that?

Later you say to my face "You know fox sucks right?" and turn back around. I replied with "Money Match?". You ignored me. Finally an hour later someone said something about you wanting to play me with your ganondorf(I didn't care about your ganon, I just wanted to MM you) I didn't understand what they were talking about so I followed them. So I come up to you say "So I heard something about a money match?" You're like "Fine".

1st match, blech, it was ok (what did you like 1 stock me?). I've seen better 14 yr old snakes.
2nd match, you got wrecked, on a neutral.
3rd match, you got wrecked, on your on cp.

Get wrecked Inui. I wouldn't have anything against you but you were so rude, like you even interrupted me having a conversation with someone else with "fox sucks". What the hell? I think I know where my character on the tier list is.

Of course, maybe you just don't get enough match up experience flying around America playing at huge tournaments, IDK.

You are in no place to be trash talking dude, you payed a little kid whos only placed in 1 big tournament to play a set with you. I'm sorry but you trying to defend yourself by saying "oh only the people who aren't good enough to beat me think I'm rude/I'm rude towards" is freakin blasphemous dude. We don't care what your post count is, if you trashtalk us, and then lose to people who've probably clocked 1/16th of the time you've been playing, then you're not welcome here.

ggs

Santi

Smash Lord
Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow Ruddy is too good. Favorite smasher in Dallas.

Seriously wtf why are you so good!?

.... lol @ "I've seen better 14yr old snakes"

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ruddy: a true Smash hero.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Holy **** @ 10 year olds with more respect AND sense than Inui LMFAO