• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
hmm, really am not into gucci, wakka, soulja

I don't think that makes me close minded, I think it just means I have different tastes.

the diversity of hip hop is what makes it amazing, I don't really see the need for this utopia where everybody likes everything.

Jane

Smash Hero
i dont think it makes you close minded either. it is all a matter of taste.

but nonetheless it is rather unfortunate to see people hate just because its "that kind of rap" (this goes both ways). because i do see two sides of hiphop, maybe not "EXTREME" sides, there is a lot of blending, but there are the people that only like that hood ****, that lil wayne style lyric, that dance ****.

then on the other side of the fence theres the people that will completely look down upon the above mentioned simply because it is what it is. and when they like a lil wayne song, or a waka song or whatever, it feels like a guilty pleasure to them. ****, me liking soulja boy STILL feels like a guilty pleasure to me, because the community REALLY looks down on him haha.

and i'm not accusing you, or anyone of that. i'm just pointing out something i've noticed over the years.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Lasers sounds decent. Just a little techno Popish on a few songs.... not his best work. But the lyrical content is still potent...

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i dont think it makes you close minded either. it is all a matter of taste.

but nonetheless it is rather unfortunate to see people hate just because its "that kind of rap" (this goes both ways). because i do see two sides of hiphop, maybe not "EXTREME" sides, there is a lot of blending, but there are the people that only like that hood ****, that lil wayne style lyric, that dance ****.

then on the other side of the fence theres the people that will completely look down upon the above mentioned simply because it is what it is. and when they like a lil wayne song, or a waka song or whatever, it feels like a guilty pleasure to them. ****, me liking soulja boy STILL feels like a guilty pleasure to me, because the community REALLY looks down on him haha.

and i'm not accusing you, or anyone of that. i'm just pointing out something i've noticed over the years.
Yeah, I agree. I actually like a lot of DJ Khaled songs just because they're really catchy. Why not? I listen to whatever the **** I want to listen to. It's all about being open-minded and not "trying" to like only certain kinds of music. I'm personally not a Waka or Soulja Boy fan, but I don't look down on people just for listening to them. I don't like Gucci for the most part either but he has a couple of nice songs (Icy) and verses (on Shine Blockers w/ Big Boi).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
pharaoh ****in monche

entire new album in one video on youtube? thanks duckdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwb2v8Mb0T8

bumpin as we speak

Duckdown is my ****. Sean Price fan for life.

Yeah, I agree. I actually like a lot of DJ Khaled songs just because they're really catchy. Why not? I listen to whatever the **** I want to listen to. It's all about being open-minded and not "trying" to like only certain kinds of music. I'm personally not a Waka or Soulja Boy fan, but I don't look down on people just for listening to them. I don't like Gucci for the most part either but he has a couple of nice songs (Icy) and verses (on Shine Blockers w/ Big Boi).
I can't see how anyone can think Icy is good in any way. I hated that ****.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I can't see how anyone can think Icy is good in any way. I hated that ****.
It was catchy. Good production. The verses didn't have good lyrics but they helped keep the song catchy. I'm sorry you hated it but I didn't. That's the beautiful thing about music: people can have completely opposite feelings on a song but neither one is wrong.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
wtffffffff lol. Was that real?

It was catchy. Good production. The verses didn't have good lyrics but they helped keep the song catchy. I'm sorry you hated it but I didn't. That's the beautiful thing about music: people can have completely opposite feelings on a song but neither one is wrong.
Idk, I just didn't like the beat or Gucci's verse (or jeezy's really, it's the only track I skip on Trap or Die).

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
^ I saw.

Listening to Rolling Papers as we speak. The first track honestly surprised. On Black and Yellow right now.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm surprised you aren't feeling Odd Future since you're an em stan....

Video was hilarious lol

Crooked I is the 2nd best in slaughterhouse =P

Rolling papers is garb

Blu tell me about this concert, cause I wanna go....

My next mixtape is dropping relatively soon, talking to different A&R's too atm =]

It's funny how diverse you think hip-hop is, until you get into other genre's and realize we barely even scrape the service of diverse...

rhan

Smash Hero
I feel the same way... wtf that **** was weird as **** tho.
I'm use to the weird **** try listening to Hopsin lmaooo but like this guy took it over so overboard but still mad a hot track. I'm gonna try to look up more stuff on Tyler.

thats because tyler is ****in nasty (in a good way)
Yeah man. Lyrically he said some crazy ish though that had me like.. damn.

Jane

Smash Hero
if you dont like wiz you probably wont like it. if you can tolerate wiz sometimes there is a chance you might like it.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Is Kush & Oj even that good? I been hearing about it but I never checked it out due to it being by Wiz... haha
With Kush and Oj Wiz was still in his wordplay phase (the thing that made him good back when he was good), so it's definitly better than his new ****. He still on the weed **** but at least he has some songs that aren't about that.

And Tyler's music makes me angry.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Lol I could do something dope/original with that beat if I really sat and gave it some thought~

Wiz's best mixtape is B.A.R, that **** really impressed me last year. Now I don't really care for him, but I still bump the hell out of B.A.R when I feel like blazing

Jane

Smash Hero
thats a good mac miller song... i love the beat.

i'll watch that interview when this suns lakers game ends. bout to start triple OT this **** is heated as ****

MBlaze

Smash Champion
From what I've seen I'm gonna probably give Kush and OJ a listen since I hear it's smooth and a relaxed listen. I would do it today but I just got my laptop working again last night and I'm having my iPod finally resync (I lost all my songs for a couple of days :[ )

Plus nothing bad has been said about it, I hate hopping on like a year late **** though. lol

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
"tyler, you are tyler the....."
"Masturbator"

LMAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i cant tell if theyre on or theyre just hellaa stupid

From what I've seen I'm gonna probably give Kush and OJ a listen since I hear it's smooth and a relaxed listen. I would do it today but I just got my laptop working again last night and I'm having my iPod finally resync (I lost all my songs for a couple of days :[ )

Plus nothing bad has been said about it, I hate hopping on like a year late **** though. lol
its pretty smooth, look out for visions, the statement, mezmerised, etc

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Finally checking Cunninlynguists Oneirology album that dropped recently.

Check it. I'm almost certain it's going to be amazing.

Top Bottom