• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol that's like the third time that has been posted.

Nardwuar didn't cross the line. He just did his thing he always does. The whole point of that is to push people's buttons and it's a good indication of what each celebrity is like based on how they react. Nas pretty much responded exactly like I'd expect him to hahaha. out of all the NArdwuar videos, I think Lil B and Odd Future have the best reactions to him (as far as rappers go).

also Pharrell highly praises the dude in his interview, saying "this is one of the most impressive interviews I've ever been in"

some people get it, some don't. it's entertaining either way. Nardwuar is the best.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Usually when Albums come out... they are on sale for $9.99 at Target or Best Buy unless they are the Deluxe version...so that's not anything out of the ordinary...
Just copped that TM:103 although I already downloaded it... that's my dude, his album go sooo hard

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Usually when Albums come out... they are on sale for $9.99 at Target or Best Buy unless they are the Deluxe version...so that's not anything out of the ordinary...
Just copped that TM:103 although I already downloaded it... that's my dude, his album go sooo hard
damn, I always buy from other cd stores and they were $14 and up, I rarely see $10 new releases

:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
9.99 albums are the only type I buy at Best Buy...

got Cole World, Charity Starts at Home, Cats and Dogs, Undun, 9.99 a piece

I also recently picked up Common's Be album, used for $3, and Fishscale for 2

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The local place near me is awesome. They have a pretty terrible rap selection (Recovery is still filed under "New Hip Hop") but if you ask the guy he will basically order any record/CD ever if the store doesn't have it. They ordered Revolutionary Vol. 1 and 2 specifically for me. There need to be more stores like that one.

soap

Smash Hero
why don't you guys go to local record stores and actually support the musicians, and local music businesses? you might as well be stealing the **** if you go to Best Buy and Wal-Mart to buy CDs lol
What is the breakdown behind this? They don't get a cut of the sales from major retailers?

The local place near me is awesome. They have a pretty terrible rap selection (Recovery is still filed under "New Hip Hop") but if you ask the guy he will basically order any record/CD ever if the store doesn't have it. They ordered Revolutionary Vol. 1 and 2 specifically for me. There need to be more stores like that one.
dope

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
What is the breakdown behind this? They don't get a cut of the sales from major retailers?
That's what I'm wondering, and I just said I always go to other cd shops, fye I go to sometimes but they aren't the cheapest..

:phone:

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I need to start buying physical copies... maybe I'll make Kendrick Lamar my first one as a special first idk if the albums dope to the degree of what I'm anticipating lol

Savon

Smash Ace
My friend showed me that Xmas parody earlier today and I died laughing.

Also, does anybody else ever feel like ATLiens and Aquemini are just one big album together. The style does not really change. I felt like with Aquemini they just made all of the songs they did not have time to put on ATLiens. I love those two albums so ****ing much. Can't decide which I like more.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Merry Christmas to all my Smashboards fam one and all. May you all have a blessed day whatever you do. God bless.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
My friend showed me that Xmas parody earlier today and I died laughing.

Also, does anybody else ever feel like ATLiens and Aquemini are just one big album together. The style does not really change. I felt like with Aquemini they just made all of the songs they did not have time to put on ATLiens. I love those two albums so ****ing much. Can't decide which I like more.
Nah. ATLiens gets mad boring after the first half of the album. I can listen to Aquemini all the way through, though, and not get tired of it. I mean, yeah, some of the vibes of the tracks are very similar, exp. West Savannah does sound like a track that was recorded during ATLiens but that's really it. They were way more creative on Aquemini, experimenting with voice changers and different sounds.

Personally, I like ATLiens more. Much more.

I like Skew it on the Bar-B best on Aquemini though.
Nicca, whut? Listen to Aquemini again.

Merry Christmas to all mah Christians and Happy Holidays to anyone that doesn't celebrate it.

Top Bottom