• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
All this TI talk reminds me of that movie he starred in, ATL. My god, big boi had the best wardrobe a drug dealer has ever had in any movie ever in that movie.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I personally love the way he packs an incredible amount of information in all these quickfire lines. I've been studying the man, and he is talented to say the least.
I personally love the way he packs an incredible amount of information in all that snitchin

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol Suspect.

I listen to alot of music. Mainly Hip-Hop.

I like Punk Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Metal, and then whatever I like.

I like the bands Escape The Fate, Bless The Fall, Killswitch Engaged, Hoobastank, and I like Lupe's band they aren't too shabby.

But, yea More About Nothing is the best **** Wale has produced so far. It's much much better than anything of his I have ever heard.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Question of curiosity: What kind of non-hip-hop music do you guys listen to? Do you listen to anything but hip-hop at all?
rock/jazz
I'm also trying to get into electronic/techno, like the cool stuff you hear in **** X 2 and berserker

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Suspect snitchin'

Naw for real though, what's up some of these rappers being humble now?

Eminem, T.I., and J. Cole. J. Cole I never really thought of him as cocky mother****er until I hear "Who Dat" but I heard him in a few interviews and he is really humble like The Warm-Up and The Come-Up.

Is the only cocky mother****ers these days really only G-Unit and Young Money?

soap

Smash Hero
Question of curiosity: What kind of non-hip-hop music do you guys listen to? Do you listen to anything but hip-hop at all?
alot of indie rock, israeli stuff, reggae, and a lil classical and trance

but if i could bring one genre with me to an island..it would be hip hop. hip hop is so diverse in of itself

Jane

Smash Hero
Aside from hiphop, my main *****, i listen to a lot of death metal, various genres of electronic dance music, electronic/ambience type stuff, punk and hardcore, r&b, and jazz. Theres probably more im forgetting though

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Wale sucks?

Are you freaking kidding me? What songs or mixtapes/albums have you been listening to?

I wonder what it is that your/I'm missing.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
dude. i'm not gonna listen to wale. he sucks.
Have you even listened to any of his songs? His only bad piece of work is Attention Deficit and even that was pretty good. I just don't see how you could think that he sucks.

Kingdom Come, what's your favorite track from More About Nothing?

soap

Smash Hero
I saw wale live when he opened for k'naan.

I was not impressed.

K'naan was the **** live tho. what a great show

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Dude, ugh my fave track?

Idk I really like the entire mixtape it's that good. Probably the Waka Flaka and Rocsoe Dash on Guilty Pleasure but even then Wale goes off. Either The Problem or The MC. I don't know man this **** is just too good. I really don't like discussing abortion cause of how touchy a subject it is, so I didn't think much of that one.

Attention Deficit is the ****. I don't see why people dislike it sooooo much. Too mainstream? I thought he tried too hard to enter the feelings of a woman and try to give the female viewpoint. But, aside from that it was my fave album of 2009.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Salvation was album of 09 to me.

and I got a fluuuuucking virus. Flucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk me.

soap

Smash Hero
I listen to trance and r & b. i used to listen to rock but i've just gotten bored of it lately. but i listen to hip-hop wayyyy more.
i checked out that telefon tel aviv track that somebody recommended u

i've been like hooked on them now

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Dude, ugh my fave track?

Idk I really like the entire mixtape it's that good. Probably the Waka Flaka and Rocsoe Dash on Guilty Pleasure but even then Wale goes off. Either The Problem or The MC. I don't know man this **** is just too good. I really don't like discussing abortion cause of how touchy a subject it is, so I didn't think much of that one.

Attention Deficit is the ****. I don't see why people dislike it sooooo much. Too mainstream? I thought he tried too hard to enter the feelings of a woman and try to give the female viewpoint. But, aside from that it was my fave album of 2009.
I only liked beautiful bliss because j.cole was on it.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Dude, ugh my fave track?

i just don't like his music in general. i wasn't really feeling it at first, but then my friend said he sounded like a mix of kanye and lupe.....that right there made me hate him :). and i doubt the album was too mainstream. i mean i liked drake's album and that was the epitome of pop-rap.
i checked out that telefon tel aviv track that somebody recommended u

i've been like hooked on them now
lol yeah that track was dope. i'm gonna check out more of their stuff later.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Wale's cool.

I ****ing hate listening to CT / NY radio stations (I'm sure every big radio station is the same no matter where you go). Unnecessary DJ stuff + unnecessary noises = bad experience. I rather just listen to the **** songgg like ****. I haven't turned on the FM radio in the last two months or so because of that ****ttt.

Top Bottom