• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP XI- The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm actually thinking about not entering this one because there's another competition here in Australia I want to focus on called the 'John Marsden' prize.

: /

We'll see.
I've pulled random stories from my *** before.

Mewter

Smash Master
Ack. This prompt got me thinking about my WWYP X entry.
I'm trying hard to think of something completely different from that. :laugh:

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I think I found my story! Came to me in the shower!

*Whips out parasol*[littlegirl]"If that's what it takes"[/littlegirl]

*EDIT*

I finished my story! So now, I agree with Nick. Extensions are for little girls. Now it's time to go do manly things like lift weights and grunt.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I changed my mind and am beginning to write my entry.
I think I need to do a bit of research though :O

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Okay so I posted my story but it still isn't complete. In fact, the pinnacle drama that actually makes the story worth its weight hasn't been fleshed out yet because I didn't like the way I wrote it before. But besides that part in the middle and fleshing out the ending, it's basically done... if anyone would like to give me some constructive criticism, I would appreciate it. I promise its not empty even though its missing the turning point, and I think you can tell what happened by the note I left.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I don't want to sound pushy (as, looking back at previous contests, I've noticed some stories that haven't been reviewed (outside of judging) at all), but would anyone like to review my story? It's been up for over a month, and I'm kind of anxious as to whether there's anything I should do with it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You should just hard ban my name by putting a sensor on it.
Not like the softban on he who must not be named.

I have a few hours free. Now to research zero gravity lol.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
a couple more days might be nice to take some of the pressure off and give me some more time to edit my story once i finish it, but i can also definitely finish my story by the 8th, too, if nobody else needs an extension.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
My story is a little over 1/3rd done, the Aug 8th deadline is fine as it'll push me to work my *** off.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm getting there with my story.

I think my story is really bad though and today I considered just dumping it and focusing on another story that I want to begin writing ASAP because the deadline for it is the 28th (And it has to be snail mailed).

I dunno. I think I'm gonna try and make something of it though.
We'll see.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Super for an extension. This month has basically been a repeated kick-EE-in-the-balls-fest, and thus I've had almost no time to write at all.

Smash Journeyman
Wow I just came back here to see what was going on and this competition is stacked with good writers. Wel since there's an extension I might as well be a part of this epicness.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Oh I was just about to update my story last minute and there is an extension. Oh well, I guess it will be super-de-duper revised.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm rather upset that there's an extension. It takes away from my chances of winning.

...As if I had a chance at all. :laugh:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I think I'm going to join this :O

EDIT: LOL, I'm too late now I have to wait another 6 months till I forget about the next WWYP. :mad:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Gf2tw: This is the last one! Join quickly!

Also, I posted my story, but I feel it's a terribly written story and quite a few times have considered abandoning the trainwreck it became, but I decided 'What the heck' and posted it anyway. I'm not sure when and what constitutes as the deadline because of different time zone johns so I posted it to be safe.

I wanna do ALOT more editing/rewriting, but it'll have to wait til tomorrow because I'm barely awake as it is =_=
Plus I might be going to the football tommorrow night with a couple of mates, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to work on it :mad:

Ah well, we'll see.

EDIT: Ahmigod, I just realised that I left in places to be filled in later. LOL.

EDIT: FIXED!

EDIT:
Does it finish 11:59pm on the 14th?
Or is it 11:59pm on the 15th?

Pleeeeeeeease make it 11:59 on the 15th

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
What, this is the last WWYP there will be? Naaah, I'm not even gonna write anything close to being decent then. I don't get home to start writing till sunday. I guess I'll have to pass.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, even in the middle of a smash meet, I managed to edit and finish my entry.

Well, not finished, but ah well, we'll see how it goes.

I had another idea that was going to involve portraying a long distance relationship between someone on earth and somebody far out in space, but I didn't think I'd be able to contain it well enough to make it a good story.

We'll see how this goes.

EDIT: Whart? I thought it was said this'd be the last one.
YOU ALL LIED TO ME :mad:

Mewter

Smash Master
Coooolio. My story isn't locked yet!
Time to start on the editing and revision, then, I guess.
That is, if it isn't locked by then. :laugh:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Can't find whether that deadline is central or eastern.

Since you didn't specify I think it should be pacific as that allows the longest amount of time for us uninformed entrants! :bee:

(Central would be fine too)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Once again, time restraints and business has caught up to me. You know what, next time, story finished day 1.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Since they didn't specify I stand by my "it should be pacific to allow us the maximum amount of time" statement :)

Especially now that I'm not the only person that'd be helped by it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Since they didn't specify I stand by my "it should be pacific to allow us the maximum amount of time" statement :)

Especially now that I'm not the only person that'd be helped by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom