• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP3 Scores and Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I usually have no problem with getting video games on opening days, but then again, I rarely do. I live in a city of 43,000, but we have a ton of stores to divide everyone. And I still had to wait 7 1/2 hours to get a Wii.

And if this contest isn't finished, can we at least start the fourth one? Didn't that happen between the 1st and 2nd WWYP?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
But with finals and a Christmas to a bucolic country in my future, a shorter contest may be more apt (for me, atleast)...

Matt

Banned via Administration
I figured we need to determine the 1st place winner before we can select the next prompt, which would require Scav's scores. That is, unless Scav had some specific prompt in mind. I don't know, I haven't talked to him in a while!

What's goin' on, Scav?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I figured we need to determine the 1st place winner before we can select the next prompt, which would require Scav's scores. That is, unless Scav had some specific prompt in mind. I don't know, I haven't talked to him in a while!

What's goin' on, Scav?
You don't need a First place winner for the prompt! Here's one right now.

(If you don't like poorly drawn Isketches of an Asexual manner, then don't click that)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
hey, would you look at that, I meant to send a private message and whaddaya know, I posted a comment here instead. Oopsie-daisy.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
The top ten reasons Scav hasn't posted his scores:

10-His charades team has yet to guess his clue for "catatonic"
9-He has been granted super powers and has been fighting crime in the inner city in caveman guise
8-Matt killed him... ?
7-He gains strength with every tear we shed
6-His mother kicked him out of the basement
5-It hurts too much to type after you've sanded off your finger tips to elude the law
4-He eloped with a girl into Amish country
3-He has been waiting to renew his license at the DMV
2-He is compiling our stories into his book "Those Fools Thought it was a Contest!"
1-Literacy takes a while :)

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Virgilijus is right with #1. Scav is not yet done judging because he is still learning how to read. Tomorrow, I will teach him the subtle differences between the letter P and the number 17. I think he's getting the hang of it, guys.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I didn't mean to punch him that hard. It's just, well, when he made those sexual comments about my father...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So says the man with 'Duke Nukem' as his avatar. How long have we been waiting for Duke Nukem Forever? 9 years now?.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Scav mentioned he was going to try and get it in during the weekend. She's probably very close to being done.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Yeah, I talked to her on AIM, and he said that there is a lot of stuff going on. But nonetheless, she should be getting it done on time. Grr, I hope that's right because I can't wait on him any more.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am still debating whether or not I should enter the next contest because I don't have microsoft word, only notepad and it ticks me off because notepad does not most of the things on Word like spell check, word count, etc. So it makes it even more difficult for things like spelling, indenting, and grammar.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Scav: The Procrastinating Mod

Because of the incredibly drawn out time making these reviews, I am now incredibly anxious to see what they actually are.

I hope my review is in Iambic Pentameter :)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
All I know is, Scav's reviews better be the best f***in reviews ever with all the time he's spending on them. I better read these reviews and think "Wow, now I've found Jesus!"
Oh, I'm sorry. My delicious caustic wit isn't epistomologic enough for you!?

Well you, sir, can just diiiiieeeeee.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I'm sorry. My delicious caustic wit isn't epistomologic enough for you!?

Well you, sir, can just diiiiieeeeee.
Don't you mean "deliciously" and "epistemological"? Epistomologic isn't even a word.

Anyway, I vote that we just start the next contest and disregard Scav's yet-to-be posted scores. So whoever got the most points between Matt and EE (either pokemonmaster or bluezaft) wins and gets to quickly pick the next prompt.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
So pretty much what you said was invalid. People can't write when they don't know what they are writing about.

I think I'll try to talk to scav again, on AIM. Maybe my persuasive skill will get her to write the reviews faster. If not I can always offer services to him.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
The problem is it's such a close race and (prepare yourself, suckuppery shall follow) zaft and poke's stories are so good it could go either way. Since the winner picks the prompt, we still need at LEAST Scav's top five-ish scores to be safe and fair.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Wow, this is getting complicated. If only Scav would actually post his scores, then we wouldn't have to discuss alternatives.

But, I also believe in "dealing with it." So, Scav hasn't posted his scores, we do something else. Maybe some kind of mini contest or something that's not another WWYP, but you guys can still give out minor prizes and stuff. It could be somthing short, like poetry or something.

I think this idea should be at least considered for future WWYP contests, if not this one. That way, there is still something for writers to do while they wait for their scores (which may or may not show up).

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Bah, I was going to suggest what Demon did.

It would be too late to do this now, but couldn't we have it where, after the main judgeing is done, the judges create a small prompt for some sort of the mini contest, where entries where around a page or two? Then, after a week, a judge could just post a poll with everyone's mini story/poem on it, and people can vote for who they think did the best. No prizes or anything, but something small for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom