• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's a PT ditto, so it's going to be PT. The guy is already a decent pika player and I can tell he's grown so much in skill overall. So I'm sure his PT will have a nice punch.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have little PT ditto experience.

Dittos:
Ganon dittos are weird but can be fun if you have the lead.
^Same with Zelda.
Link can be fun in a rock/paper/scissors battle of wits but royally suck in lag.
Bowser is okay.
PT fun but I need more experience.
Wolf fun but become annoying smash spam-fests in lag.
G&W I hate these. Higher side aerial spacing and grab contest.
MK meh.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My PT ditto experience:

3 stocks reduced to 0 in less than a minute twice. Got owned by Reflex. It happened so quick, I don't think I got the chance to make any inputs to move lol. It was still a good experience though, I didn't think PT could do crazy things.

$10 very well lost. Paid for that lesson on PT. xD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I may be a god, but the first time you experience those tricks tends to be the worst by a longshot. I'm sure you'd do much better in another set.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Right now I can't say I'd do any better. I'm soooo out of practice. The best I can do right now is train on lvl 9s, which in itself isn't that bad.

It's kinda weird saying this but, I played a friend after playing lvl 9s for hours. I did things that I wouldn't normally be able to do against cpus. It's like I got so used to having everything I did blocked and countered, when I played against an actual person, those restraints were lifted and anything risky I wanted to do, I was able to pull off without a hitch.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have little PT ditto experience.

Dittos:
Ganon dittos are weird but can be fun if you have the lead.
^Same with Zelda.
Link can be fun in a rock/paper/scissors battle of wits but royally suck in lag.
Bowser is okay.
PT fun but I need more experience.
Wolf fun but become annoying smash spam-fests in lag.
G&W I hate these. Higher side aerial spacing and grab contest.
MK meh.
No, Bowser dittos are terrible.

You just grab release infinite each other for days.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh, I didn't know that. That would suck :[

What's with the title 'will fly for food'?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Couldn't think of anything Pokémon-related in the 30 seconds I thought the old title has run its course.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Rest is for Pokemon who are full of hot air.

The BS Thread: Featured Pokemon Ivysaur!
Hot Thread: Featured Pokemon Charizard!
We Shell it Out: Featured Pokemon Squrtle!

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I just came here to say hi since I haven't posted for like almost a month. :troll:

Oh and Shaky was in France a week ago, I only played 1 match with him with PT though (during our tournament set).

I lost even though my Zard did well (GR shenaningans!), my Ivysaur and Squirtle got bodied lol (I was fishing for the grab with Squirtle, I shouldn't have done this).

Then I counterpicked Frigate with MK ( :troll: ) and managed to win, but he destroyed me on SV after... Oh well, I'm too bad LOL :troll:

:phone:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't.... feel any different.

Edit: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. It feels weird that another game is coming out so soon, but I'm actually excited for this new release. It does look weird graphically. I only say this because like many of you, I'm used to the old pixel art (which I still love). I applaud Nintendo for trying to try something new. It looks like the Miis becoming pokemon trainers (in some retrospect). Pretty boss. I'm totally going to get me that water type.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I got 9 of 25 in the state tourney Summit 6 on the 27th going all Link.:glare:

$ kind of sucks lately:urg:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, Coontail was given some screen time.... as a commentator. CoonTail, fight for your right to more screen time!

Reflex may have a vid or two if they put him on a set-up that was recording. Other than that, no clue.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I really need to remind myself to come back here more often, this is probably like my 1st post here in like 4 months...

Anyway, I'm gonna talk about my Apex experience with my PT, even though I did terrible and I mean terrible. First off in my pools, my opponent didn't even show up so I got a bye. I then had to fight UltimateRazer (A really good Snake player) He ended up 2-0 me pretty bad. Next player I fought was W.C.N. (or something along those letters, he played Random) First match was my Falcon against his DK, he won. 2nd match was my PT against a Luigi. This match made me really upset because one of my best friends plays Luigi so I've had lots of experience fighting him. For whatever reason I just couldn't seem to play right against him and screwed up. I'm not sure whether I was too used to my friend's style of Luigi, or if I just didn't get enough practice in. So yeah I lost in our last stocks because apparently my Charizard lost his extra jump and I couldn't make it back. :(

I also entered the Pokemon tournament there at Apex, and made a new friend through it. I got wrecked, but I knew I was going to when I entered it. I literally entered it just for fun. Even though I didn't know we were playing doubles and I got my singles team out, I won a match which made me feel good. The guy I won against was the one I became friends with, and we had mulitple battles the next day :)

Also Reflex I didn't know that you entered the tournament as well, I only found out when my friend told me that his first opponent was going to be you. You must have been too busy with Smash since you never battled him.

Also, I got interviewed for the Pokemon tournament since before it started, I was doing some last minute trading, and was decked out in my full getup of PT stuff, including my 3 pokeballs with PT's Pokemon. Unfortunatly, I chocked in the interview and said stuff out of my butt since I was my first interview and I'm not really used to answering questions on the fly like that. It was still cool though :)

TL;DR = Went to Apex and had lots of fun, wished I would have done better in Smash. Got interviewed for the Pokemon tournament, but goofed it up. Wished I could have met the other Pt's (I knew Reflex was there but had no idea Coontail was there)

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
So I think I'm going to start playing again, I took a break but I think after APEX it sparked a lot of people to play. I definitely want to hit my prime with PT and feel really well playing him. Definitely will take some work! I believe a tourney is on feb 9th...so I have to practice up till then!

Top Bottom