• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Z'zgasi Congratz! How good was the tech skill of the ICs?

@Shiri Good analysis. I like how you highlighted how Yoshi had preset limitations in mind.

He only dropped one CG and I got grabbed to death a total of 4 times in the set lol.

Depster

Smash Champion
I have no internet till at least midway through next month =/ we moved from small town Kansas to rural Kansas while i was at college...

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Well since we're talkin about stuff, last Thursday I decided to go to the movies for my Birthday. I went into the arcade cuz they have two stations to play brawl in there. To my surprise, I saw Esam and some others practicing Brawl. Didn't know he lived down in South Florida too.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Wow, chances! Did you guys get many games in?

While I think of it, is there any point in contributing tournament results or posting vids of matches since both threads are dead?

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Naw I didn't get any games with Esam. Buuut I did get to play with a guy that was with him(didnt recognize him). He was a sonic main though. A really, really good sonic main. I'm also sad to say that sonic is my worst match up in terms of experience and MU knowledge as well.

So like, first match I went Yoshi and got him to last stock. I felt I did kinda badly first game so second game I went DDD(a horrible decision on my part), and got annihilated. I switched back to Yoshi last game and got him to second stock. Haha yea I did pretty bad but I enjoyed the games, and was good experience.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Do you have homebrew so you can save matches longer than 3 mins? If so there's bound to be heaps of people on SWF who'd be happy to record and upload them for you.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Been extremely busy over the past few weeks. I haven't been able to do much of anything as of late.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Bigz, I made a matchup post for one of Yoshi's more unwinnable matchups in Melee over in the Melee Yoshi board.

I forgot how hard it is to deal with ******* sometimes. Miss the old Yoshi boards with you and Bringer and D1. D:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Haha, I just read that. There's a bunch of "if this, then that" crap going on. It's not a great way to finding out how characters can manage each others options. Not only that, but it gets crazy when trying to explain different zones that characters excel at in relation to each other.

Honestly, I don't like explaining too much to people that can't understand detailed explanations. Or at least won't try to understand. Stick with the new games honestly. At least the group can be built up from scratch.

Sharky

Smash Master
graduated from boot camp yesterday, but on temporary hold waiting for a medical signature so I don't get to fly to forida yet. Paying $6 an hour for internet cause I'm deprived as **** lmao. anything new over the past two months?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Just had a read of it, it sounds really cool and worth it! Hope you get a lot out of it dude.

On a separate note, if I were to post a recent vid of my Yoshi would anyone be able to critique? Reason I'm asking is everyone's been busy lately and the video thread's really quiet...and I've got a major coming up in a couple of weeks. ($500 for 1st O_O )

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I guess I'd be able to look at it and tell ya what I think. I'm definitely not the best Yoshi around but everything/anything helps I guess.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I can do requests as long as I know how long I have before it's too late. Since people are busy, you kinda have to find the best way to communicate to people and have them critique it. Skype is a good way since it's been getting active lately.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Come to Utah, we have the one and only Great SALT Lake.

We also have a copper mine you can see from space :D

Scatz

Smash Champion
Well, you're be closer to me this time! I assume you're going to be in the extreme South of FL? That's most likely no different than being up north since it's still around 9-10 hours to get to places like Miami.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Oh sweet! You're much closer than I thought! Only a 5-6 hour drive. Then there's a few tournaments people go to at Auburn, so that's a 3 hour drive from Pensacola. I think there is a small scene of players where you'll be, but I'm not sure anymore since I haven't been keeping up with regions.

Top Bottom