• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Summaries

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Honestly, I think you should take all of those descriptions down until we can come upon a general consensus for each move.

You just started the discussion threads. Give them some time to shape.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Honestly, I think you should take all of those descriptions down until we can come upon a general consensus for each move.

You just started the discussion threads. Give them some time to shape.
Well I don't see that much of a problem with them since most of them are correct now. It sounds personal so that people don't get bored when reading it. But if u feel they should be taken down, then i'll erase them and then YOU can spend your time writing them. After all, what do i know? I didn't copy the best ideas in the moveset discussions or anything. Oh and of course I'm not going to change them, who wants progress? You're right we should totally just delete them :)

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
They'll change overtime as the need arises, everyone stop being touchy.
I personally agree that the dash attack is underrated here, i like it quite a bit for what its good for, even if its still not that great.
I also disagree with the fact that the getupattacks are unimportant, their lengths at the least are crucial to know for things like snakes downthrow techchasing, and the difference between <100 and >= 100 is huge, especially for the roll from the edge, and can also matter for when edgehogging would help

Metatitan

Smash Master
ur better off using get up attack as a mix in with ur techs. its relatively unimportant to understand how to play yoshi. its important to know how to play the game in general. this is character specific, not gameplay specific

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well I don't see that much of a problem with them since most of them are correct now. It sounds personal so that people don't get bored when reading it. But if u feel they should be taken down, then i'll erase them and then YOU can spend your time writing them. After all, what do i know? I didn't copy the best ideas in the moveset discussions or anything. Oh and of course I'm not going to change them, who wants progress? You're right we should totally just delete them :)
That's not what I mean. We just started the moveset discussions, so we shouldn't really have a synopsis of any of the moves yet. And I'd like to know how you determine which idea in a discussion that you determine to be the "best." Unless almost everyone agrees with an idea, then a "best" idea is indeterminable. That's like trying to put up a summary of a character you've barely discussed, but basing the whole thing on just one person's opinion. It just doesn't feel right. :ohwell:

Metatitan

Smash Master
the summaries are up for changing remember. give specific examples of what needs to be changed and why and i gladly change them. just look at scatty with his suggestions. i changed them according to what he said and whether he said was true or not. he said what needed to be changed, why it works/doesnt work and i changed it in accordance

bigman40

Smash Master
the summaries are up for changing remember. give specific examples of what needs to be changed and why and i gladly change them. just look at scatty with his suggestions. i changed them according to what he said and whether he said was true or not. he said what needed to be changed, why it works/doesnt work and i changed it in accordance
You put in some stuff that I mentioned in the list. Not all. Everything I listed in those recommendations were fairly important to know so that people can know what the moves have (special attributes) during what happens.

Metatitan

Smash Master
im not gonna state invincibility or invulnerability frames for each and every attack. the point of this thread was supposed to have a link to each move discussion and then write a summary on how you can use each move: not what specific frames do what.

Airborne

Smash Lord
"i love egg roll, but for primarily only one reason. say your opponent has just knocked you into the air and is attempting to predict your next move. they've mentally calculated how long it will take you to land or to get in their range. well, egg roll stops all of your momentum for just a second and gives you super armor or invincibility (don't remember which one... =\), but will also knock your opponent into the air a little for 4%, giving you enough time to get away and reset your stage position with the opponent. it helps if your facing a tether grabbing opponent, seeing as that they can easily grab you if you try to airdodge right above the ground. =P"

^ was talking about that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Egg roll should be rated a 3. And, put that at full speed it can go over naners. Which it can.

And egg breaking, and Ledge Egg Roll is meh I guess.

Metatitan

Smash Master
for exactly which reasons should egg roll be rated 3? its not better than dash attack (which is pretty much good at a 2) so what makes it a 3?

bigman40

Smash Master
No changing should be done unless there's new discussion for it that shows it has a use (I don't give a **** if there's another option better. Knowing that the option is there is at least worth mentioning in the discussions). Until that happens, then the numbers can stay the same.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Egg roll should be rated a 3. And, put that at full speed it can go over naners. Which it can.

And egg breaking, and Ledge Egg Roll is meh I guess.
egg roll is good if you can use it, it's just that it is so hard to control and falling of with it is insta-death:(

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WOW LIL' B

You know, whenever I go to Virginia next, you are buying my poor @$$ a CBR since you seem to be having them so often.

Also Edrees, the Yoshi boards have this effect on you. I make it a habit to have my refrigerator door open while I'm browsing Smashboards. I also may or may not be watching Food Network at the moment.

Airborne

Smash Lord
:yoshi: WOW LIL' B

You know, whenever I go to Virginia next, you are buying my poor @$$ a CBR since you seem to be having them so often.

Also Edrees, the Yoshi boards have this effect on you. I make it a habit to have my refrigerator door open while I'm browsing Smashboards. I also may or may not be watching Food Network at the moment.
i can't keep my fridge open b/c it is all the way downstairs and it likes to beep loudly if it is kept open for more than 30 seconds at a time... -.-

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I don't know how you can be a whole floor away from your icebox.

I would sleep in my refrigerator if I could.

Metatitan

Smash Master
aaaaaanyways lets get back on topic. whats everyone's thoughts on the egg toss approach karamity uses? also any thoughts on using double jump cancel to do edge canceled eggs?

Airborne

Smash Lord
i think i have an idea with some egg tossing.... ok, everyone that has yoshi experience knows to shield when yoshi is approaching *** first. instead of the wonderful egg lay, what if we egg tossed over them instead, baiting a spotdodge and then egg-laying as we fall behind them? it's a whole bunch of trixies that are funfunfun ^.^

Top Bottom