• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Summaries

B0NK

Smash Lord
Aerials:

Fair: 4/10
Possibly Yoshi's 4th worst move. His worst aerial. It really his horrible as far as consistency goes. Its a terrible approach and it can be really dangerous for yoshi to try and go for the spike. That said, the rewards can be huge! A spike means an early kill, which yoshi really needs. It has huge combo and tech chase potential, probly more than bair. Rising fair can lead to epic looking spikes or force an airdodge which will allow you to punish with a uair. However, the move lacks range, has a lot of lag, and does not autocancel. A high risk- high reward move.
I loled so much when reading this.

His Fair is **** off stage. It has a good amount of range it has a big hitbox. It spikes and if it doesn't spike then it STILL kills off stage

step it up and use you Fairs

and almost no end lag when done right on stage and off.

BTW:

This is lil b :)

Metatitan

Smash Master
I loled so much when reading this.

His Fair is **** off stage. It has a good amount of range it has a big hitbox. It spikes and if it doesn't spike then it STILL kills off stage

step it up and use you Fairs

and almost no end lag when done right on stage and off.

BTW:

This is lil b :)
BTW:

You couldn't be more wrong :)

Fair sucks, it has low priority has huge startup time

Chaco

Never Logs In
Fair isn't bad. I'll admit, I use it to much. But I do land it quite a bit, and bait with Fair.

Metatitan

Smash Master
It's better than egg roll and dash attack and downsmash and...... nothing else lol
It really is his 4th worst move :)

Metatitan

Smash Master

Its not better then much but it ties with a lot of moves

Better:
egg roll
Dsmash

Ties:
Utilt
Egg Lay
Dair

IMO
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL OMG TOO FUNNY

Seriously, Egg lay is one of your best moves, it is so good it's not even funny. Same for uptilt, it is probly your best out of spotdodge option. Dair is better than Fair, end of story. D smash is probly better than Fair. Lol I still can't believe you put egg lay and utilt on that list, it's so stupid it's funny.

Gindler

Smash Champion
BTW:

You couldn't be more wrong :)

Fair sucks, it has low priority has huge startup time
I have no idea how much priority it has, but it doesn't matter when it goes AROUND moves. It goes around kirby's aerial hammers, peach's crown (*cough*timing*cough*), and D3's hammer. It isn't that bad, then again I LOVE spikes.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL OMG TOO FUNNY

Seriously, Egg lay is one of your best moves, it is so good it's not even funny. Same for uptilt, it is probly your best out of spotdodge option. Dair is better than Fair, end of story. D smash is probly better than Fair. Lol I still can't believe you put egg lay and utilt on that list, it's so stupid it's funny.
At least you're not a jerk with your responses (calling people, or their ideas stupid). I do like egglay though, mostly for D3 snake and bowser. You know the shield happies.

+Dsmash is pretty good, pretty much all he can do out of a roll.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I have no idea how much priority it has, but it doesn't matter when it goes AROUND moves. It goes around kirby's aerial hammers, peach's crown (*cough*timing*cough*), and D3's hammer. It isn't that bad, then again I LOVE spikes.

At least you're not a jerk with your responses (calling people, or their ideas stupid). I do like egglay though, mostly for D3 snake and bowser. You know the shield happies.

+Dsmash is pretty good, pretty much all he can do out of a roll.
;o

Egg lay is highly understood by many yoshi mains because they simply do not use it enough or correctly. Talking to the top yoshi mains (bwett, green ace, stocky), they all agree that it is definitely one of his best moves. Talk to your typical yoshi main and they think it isn't that good and that Fair is really good.

I'm not necessarily being mean with this statement right here because it is a very common pattern. Impressionable yoshi mains see say scatty's combo video and think Fair is one of the greatest moves yoshi has: it is not (not to dis on your combo video scatty, it is awzum). Fair is generally a move that will only work when your opponent has made a big mistake. If it had the lagless ending and disjoint of say peach's Fair, then by all means spam the **** out of that move, it would be your best spacing tool. However it does not and has really been nerfed from melee (where it was sex). Now it is simply an attack that just exists and doesn't really have that much of a use (comparable to samus' Nair for example, it has some uses but it really is kind of a waste of space).

The false attitude about up tilt was started with Pride by saying it was his worst move, so I blame him for that ;o. It really is yoshi's best tilt but I don't need to list the reasons because that's what the summaries are for =]

Dair is better than Fair, end of story. It actually comboes (Fair can combo but I don't see anyone consistently nailing good players with it), adds enormous shield pressure, and works perfectly as one of yoshi's tools from the ledge. The fact that it can combo into Nair, Bair, or Uair only makes it that more delicious. It isn't a good move, it is situational but people tend to underrate it because so many yoshi mains do the scrubbiest thing and directly approach with it (if you fullhop it then that's fine, the extra mixup helps and no end lag is nice).

Downsmash's reasons for use were listed in the summaries, people are turned off by it because of it's nerf.

So basically Lil B just listed Fair as being better than attacks that really aren't completely understood by many aside from the top yoshi mains. Note that a lot of top yoshi mains understand this move, the misunderstanding is just a pattern I see in average yoshi mains.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
your acting like an *******
LOLOOLOLOOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOOLOLLOLLOOLOLLOL

First off **** you

second Ftilt and jab are WAY better then utilt and Egg lay out of a spot dodge

Egg lay gets easily punished

and Pivot grab is also better out of a spot dodge then Utilit. Utilit has pretty bad range my friend

BTW: I hit lots of pros with a Fair spike LOL

Candy,Chu Esoj boss lobos Greg Forte and more

So you sound silly maybe cause you can't land it on pros doesn't mean we all suck at it like you

Metatitan

Smash Master
LOLOOLOLOOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOOLOLLOLLOOLOLLOL

First off **** you

second Ftilt and jab are WAY better then utilt and Egg lay out of a spot dodge

Egg lay gets easily punished

and Pivot grab is also better out of a spot dodge then Utilit. Utilit has pretty bad range my friend
I'm sorry, you're wrong, just ask a proshi like burntsocks about them. Egg lay isn't an approach, it is a mindgame so unless you're doing it wrong I don't see how you would get consistently punished. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of his good moves eventually ;)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, you're wrong, just ask a proshi like burntsocks about them. Egg lay isn't an approach, it is a mindgame so unless you're doing it wrong I don't see how you would get consistently punished. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of his good moves eventually ;)
Your an ******* when have you placed with Yoshi

wait do you even enter tourneys

or are you some scrub on the boards that just bases there opinions on other peoples opinion. Learn to think for your self and stop going with other people Opinions.

Gindler

Smash Champion
;o

Egg lay is highly understood by many yoshi mains because they simply do not use it enough or correctly. Talking to the top yoshi mains (bwett, green ace, stocky), they all agree that it is definitely one of his best moves. Talk to your typical yoshi main and they think it isn't that good and that Fair is really good.

I'm not necessarily being mean with this statement right here because it is a very common pattern. Impressionable yoshi mains see say scatty's combo video and think Fair is one of the greatest moves yoshi has: it is not (not to dis on your combo video scatty, it is awzum). Fair is generally a move that will only work when your opponent has made a big mistake. If it had the lagless ending and disjoint of say peach's Fair, then by all means spam the **** out of that move, it would be your best spacing tool. However it does not and has really been nerfed from melee (where it was sex). Now it is simply an attack that just exists and doesn't really have that much of a use (comparable to samus' Nair for example, it has some uses but it really is kind of a waste of space).

The false attitude about up tilt was started with Pride by saying it was his worst move, so I blame him for that ;o. It really is yoshi's best tilt but I don't need to list the reasons because that's what the summaries are for =]

Dair is better than Fair, end of story. It actually comboes (Fair can combo but I don't see anyone consistently nailing good players with it), adds enormous shield pressure, and works perfectly as one of yoshi's tools from the ledge. The fact that it can combo into Nair, Bair, or Uair only makes it that more delicious. It isn't a good move, it is situational but people tend to underrate it because so many yoshi mains do the scrubbiest thing and directly approach with it (if you fullhop it then that's fine, the extra mixup helps and no end lag is nice).

Downsmash's reasons for use were listed in the summaries, people are turned off by it because of it's nerf.

So basically Lil B just listed Fair as being better than attacks that really aren't completely understood by many aside from the top yoshi mains. Note that a lot of top yoshi mains understand this move, the misunderstanding is just a pattern I see in average yoshi mains.
I'm probably not using it right. I'll use the DJC egg lay from time to time otherwise it gets so obvious. As for Fair, it is a pretty bad move but it has it's uses. Mostly punishment (they expect a Bair/Nair and you punish their airdodge something along those lines), sometimes I poke at shields with it out of short hop (since it autocancels), kind of works out of tumble too since it looks like he's still tumbling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrcMLqFwI6M Yep somewhat useful.

I myself think ftilt is yoshi's best tilt, then utilt, then dtilt (i just don't like Dtilt except as kinda a taunt)

I do with Dsmash wasn't so amazingly nerfed. But it's still decent, and it looks adorable :)

Airborne

Smash Lord
okokokokokokok we all know each other b/c we all main yoshi... so stop ****ing acting like immature middle schoolers arguing over yugioh is a better card game than pokemon.... i see more passive **** on comment threads of Arturo Sandoval videos when theyre debating about immigration, when it's a ****ing video of a guy playing trumpet with the most amazing sounds possible. jesus ****ing christ, kids.

reach a common ground, and love it. it's getting rediculous.

D

Deleted member

Guys shut up.

Meta: Stop always referencing "proshis" in your responses. If someone has a difference of opinion so be it, you can argue against them, and not bring me, bwett, or green ace into everything thanks.

Lilb: I disagree with you, also, meta is good and does play with tournament players offline, so shush.

Everyone: Im done with these boards bye.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Everyone: Im done with these boards bye.
But... but... Your one away from 2.5K posts! XD
But if you are seriously leaving, thats a real shame... I'll see you on the chat then I guess...
Its pretty sad that this bickering is driving people away from the Yoshi boards, can't we all just try to get along?

Fair? Better than downsmash? :chuckle:

LOL
I agree.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Be lucky Shiri's more lenient than I am. I woulda closed this last night.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I don't think theres anything in specific more to talk about any of his moves, the summaries are pretty good and accurate.
Tbh though, Utilt is not 8/10. Dtilt should be 8/10 and Utilt should go down to 7 or 6/10. Not his best tilt.
And Dsmash should be much higher, 5/10 is a joke. 7/10 prob.
I MIGHT have disagreed with the Egglay at 9/10, but thinking about it... its one of my most used moves in matches and it really is a fantastic move so I think I would have to agree with the 9/10 now.

Other than that it all seems to be good and accurate summaries.

.Marik

is a social misfit
So much ****ing draaaaaaaaaama.

I agree with lil-b on most parts, except I wouldn't say Egg Lay sucks, although it's pretty situational.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I was trying so hard no to post in this thread anymore but just to let you guys know

EGG LAY HAS END LAG that is punishable. If they spot dodge they will punish you

done

.Marik

is a social misfit
Maybe "situational" wasn't the right word. My brain is dead right now, although I will agree it's a great move in the offensive aspect.

But, it can still be punished, as lil-b said.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Egg lay is an attack you use WHEN YOU KNOW the opponent will shield. It is just as useful as Bair with your offense and is supposed to be made so that they don't see it coming. We have ways of making it unpredictable so that it will almost always work: if you are being punished often from this attack you are doing it too predictable/too often. I usually do one egg lay for every 1-2 Bairs so that my opponent really doesn't know whether to shield or spotdodge. It helps your Bair (and please remember that Bair is punishable as well).

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hey, I never said I personally got punished for it, but it could happen providing your opponent totally read you or spotdodged by mere luck. :p

Metatitan

Smash Master
Which is why you use egg lay so that they can't tell whether a Bair or Egg lay is coming. It's for shield happy opponents which is why its one of your best 5 attacks.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Which is why you use egg lay so that they can't tell whether a Bair or Egg lay is coming. It's for shield happy opponents which is why its one of your best 5 attacks.
Yeah, I understand and agree.

Holy crap we actually agreed for once?!

This is surely a historical event of great proportions! D:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I need to work on using Egg Lay more. Recently I kept bairing into my opponent's shield and he just kept shield grabbing me out of it. Shoulda mixed some Egg Lays into there. >_<

Airborne

Smash Lord
i like using egg lay when they're charging a smash XD too good.

currently i'm working with ways to see if you can follow up aerials or tilts with egg lay....
but i'm seeing if the slide that the DJC egglay gives when you slide off a platform or stage can be of any use.... it's gives you momentum and you have time to do **** with your momentum right after you slide off. also gives you, you're DJ back =D

Top Bottom