• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
I feel we should have a Fire Emblem antagonist since there are already 2 Lords. We need a counterpart to either Marth or Ike. That leaves Medeus and the Black Knight. It seems that the Black Knight is more well known (and cooler:)) and would be a better choice.

Why do people want Roy back anyway?

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I feel we should have a Fire Emblem antagonist since there are already 2 Lords. We need a counterpart to either Marth or Ike. That leaves Medeus and the Black Knight. It seems that the Black Knight is more well known (and cooler:)) and would be a better choice.

Why do people want Roy back anyway?

Roy is a very popular character and most (including me) believe that he could be decloned from Marth, which is very true. But yeah, the Black Knight is the most recognizable antagonist from Fire Emblem, at least for me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, we do already have Pit, who primarily uses his twin blades that split from the bow.
yeah, forgot that for a while. but even so, would it be badass to have another character with dual swords... or dual katanas like that official art of Lyn from Awakening?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why has no one mentioned celica? I hear she's a protagonist in gaiden? And getting DLC in awakening.
Technically I did a page or so ago. Too bad she has no chance at getting in, regardless Gaiden needs a remake more than any other FE game.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Lyn in here original game should've been a Dual Wield master but the sprite didn't mirror that because in Fire Emblem you can't have two weapons at once, her swords Sol Kati and Mani Kati are sister blades....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lyn in here original game should've been a Dual Wield master but the sprite didn't mirror that because in Fire Emblem you can't have two weapons at once, her swords Sol Kati and Mani Kati are sister blades....
interesting. it would be interesting if Lyn appeared with both blades on possession as a playable character. unfortunately there isn't much space for the roster for many FE characters, because there are many with good potential.

D

Deleted member

The way I see it, the big dogs fighting for that 3rd spot are (as of recent) Krom, Roy, and Lyn.
Krom being the latest protagonist, and also from a very successful title seems to have a bit of an edge. Working against him is his similarities to Ike, but he still has a bit of a unique fighting style to offer.
Roy was in Melee and was planned for Brawl, and is among one of the most popular candidates for Smash 4. Is part of the latest game as DLC that requires Marth (his fellow Lord from Melee). Working against him is the fact he was a clone, but that can easily be changed, or be at Ganondorf and Falco levels.
Lyn was an Assist Trophy in Brawl and the only non-Sticker and non-song reference to a game other than Marth's or Ike's (with Ike's being the biggest contributors). Is part of the latest game as DLC and is given a new dual-wielding gimmick. Also represents the first Fire Emblem to leave Japan's shores. Working against her is overall popularity and her stiff competition, no innuendo intended.

Cuts are unlikely this time around unless time becomes an issue again, so it's safe to assume that both Marth and Ike will be sticking around. Especially with Marth's likeness playing a key role in the latest game, as well as being the first DLC character and Ike appearing in near every DLC Chapter in the latest game, and is possibly going to be DLC himself soon.

But who of the three is likely to make it? Would there even be a 4th character?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I do feel the chances of Ike being cut are exaggerated, I feel he has enough going for him to help him stick around. He's not quite as safe as Marth who I don't think anyone doubts will return, but his chances are still good in my eyes. Only reason why I'd see him leave is if Sakurai doesn't want more than 2 FE reps and is adamant that the newest FE gets a playable character, but I don't think 3 fire emblem characters is out of the realms of possibility.

As for the possible 3rd representative, unless Sakurai throws a curveball i think it's between Krom and Roy. I get the feeling Krom may be more likely of the two, but I can't say that with any great amount of confidence.

Not exactly what the topic is asking, but I do hope that the games in the series are more evenly represented in regards to trophies, music and the like. I was a little irritated that the Tellius games had the lion's share of trophies and music in Brawl whereas the other games just received a song and a few stickers (except for the Jugdral games that got no recognition whatsoever).

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Not exactly what the topic is asking, but I do hope that the games in the series are more evenly represented in regards to trophies, music and the like. I was a little irritated that the Tellius games had the lion's share of trophies and music in Brawl whereas the other games just received a song and a few stickers (except for the Jugdral games that got no recognition whatsoever).
That's because it was the least work.. All they had to do was take the music and the models straight from the games. So they didn't have to make new 3d models or compose new music.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's because it was the least work.. All they had to do was take the music and the models straight from the games. So they didn't have to make new 3d models or compose new music.
pretty much this explains the larger amount of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn stuff in Brawl. actually this explains much of why the more recent games (at Brawl's time) were represented in Brawl.

ShinChan92

Smash Cadet
So can other characters....but Roy is if he is coming back isn't going to use his DLC new design...that design was made to make the character fit the Class they choose for them...anyways I rather Roy's old design over that crappy new design...
How can you say it's "crappy"? Definitely looks more badass and a much more complicated design. Kinda like how Ike got all beefed up in FE10

D

Deleted member

@ShinChan
It's Ike-Sama.
It's best not to take what he says seriously.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
huh, this has to be said. Fire Emblem has so many great characters that they could make a fighting game with ONLY Fire Emblem characters... like Final Fantasy with Dissidia, see?

as in SSB4... Marth is sure to return, and judging by the previous Smash Bros. and their tendency to focus on recently released games, Krom will be added or replace Ike... I want Ike to return, though.

Honestly, I don't like when characters are cut, even if they are clones or not very popular...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
How can you say it's "crappy"? Definitely looks more badass and a much more complicated design. Kinda like how Ike got all beefed up in FE10
The new design weren't made to replace the old designs if he had a chance to comeback I'm 100% sure Sakurai will use the old design...because it's the design he used on his own game and this new one is over designed,just to sell DLC ingame he doesn't look that good you wouldn't even know if he was Roy...

Proof that it was just made to sell DLC because this design is quite misleading

GoldenYuiitusin : What's wrong with you ? do I even know you, why the hell do you say these things to people about me ? stop telling people to not take me seriously.....

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I see Krom as the most likely, possibly replacing Ike and absorbing some of his moves. Seems like he will be a more rounded version, with less emphasis on crazy strength.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Meh, since I don't know **** about FE, my hopes for the next Smash game are Marth, Ike, Roy and Lyn as they're the most requested and popular too.
And since alot of people are bringing him up, adding Krom wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Still, I highly doubt Sakurai will add this much FE reps; but who knows ?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Krom is more popular than Ike
FE:3DS has really good sales in Japan (comes out NA in 2013 :|)
The real question is how many reps Fire Emblem will have. With all the DLC for FE:3DS... I can see a very popular dlc character making it in (all dlc are main characters from previous fire emblems)

Yeah Roy didn't look good game, then again no one did except for Marth haha. But c'mon Roy looks like a bamf. Even if the redesign was just just a picture, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I can understand why Sakurai would use his own design, but why would he? His designs of the characters are based off of character that he didn't make, with the exception of Pit, but that was more of a personal project.

A redesign of Roy's new outfit is right up Sakurai's ally. He's pretty good at designing these Anime-esk characters.

Edit: Krom is ok, but he's just another generic swordsman with an anime personality, that and he has blue hair. 3 blue haired swordsman? No thanks. Atleast Ike had some personality. He's relatable since he has is a commoner who worked up the ranks.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Let's play devil's advocate right now

If Krom got in, you'd have to axe ike. Doing so would even allow an extra FE character from the franchise.

Otherwise, if ike stays the new FE rep won't be from the new Fire emblem game, kakusei. All other FE characters though are fair game

So, what's it going to be, in this hypothetical scenario. What would be your stance? The first or second option

D

Deleted member

Why do you have to get rid of Ike to add Krom?

If it's because the whole "Roy was cut for Ike" crap, that's false. Roy was cut for time constraints.

As for the similarites between Ike and Krom, yes, they are there, but as I learned, Krom is not as ridiculously strong as Ike, and even Aether, the move that he and Ike both share, is aesthetically different.

Krom has a more flashy fighting style compared to Ike's "IMA SWING MAH SWORD LIKE IT WAS A HAMMER!" style. If anything Krom would be the medium between Marth and Ike in speed and power.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Let's play devil's advocate right now

If Krom got in, you'd have to axe ike. Doing so would even allow an extra FE character from the franchise.

Otherwise, if ike stays the new FE rep won't be from the new Fire emblem game, kakusei. All other FE characters though are fair game

So, what's it going to be, in this hypothetical scenario. What would be your stance? The first or second option
With DLC it's easy to get Krom to fit Ike as a costume or the other way around, Lucina *don't look it up if you don't want to be spoiled* to fit Marth , and get a third character which either gonna be faster than Marth or stronger than Marth....

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite sure that's how the devil's advocate is played...
I believe it's made to understand opposing arguments and make counterarguments, not hypotheticals.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So it turns out that Ike's decendant is in FE13...

Wouldn't be surprised if he started in a sequel game (FE14?).

EDIT: Looks like he's also a Hero (like Ike in FE10), and can use Swords, Axes, and Lances, in addition to both Luna and Sol (which is more or less the exact same as Aether). Also seems to come with Ragnell too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whelp, Ike gonna get cut. Incoming Paris to replace Ike. Same moveset with slight adjustments and new model.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only if Marth gets cut too. :troll:

D

Deleted member

So....Ike ISN'T a DLC character....but a random original descendant of him?

Is anyone else having a bit of doubt about his return now?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So....Ike ISN'T a DLC character....but a random original descendant of him?

Is anyone else having a bit of doubt about his return now?
Wouldn't say random, seeing as what's known so far about the guy (same personality, weapon, skills, clothes) he's more or less a redesigned Ike. Either way IS certainly likes the Tellius series don't they? lol

If anything I'm having doubts about Krom. Honestly wouldn't be surprised now if him and Paris ended up as alts for Marth and Ike.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't it make more sense for Lucina to be the Marth alt, though?
EDIT: Then again, remember that Krom is the main hero of the game, while this Paris guy is just a DLC original.
Unless Paris happens to be the star of say, the FE AFTER Awakening, I don't think Paris has what it takes.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Golden: I forgot about her. lol

It's what everyone on the various FE sites have started to speculate. Either way this news could be taken in a lot of ways. I myself think that this further cements that we'll be getting Marth, Ike, and Roy.

Personally, the best part I think is that it's neat that Krom isn't the Ike clone anymore. :cool:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This character looks like Erza scarlet from Fairy Tail

I like something about this chick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom