• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That reminds me, I've never really seen Ike use an axe all that much. I always get Ragnell by the time he class changes and never end up using any other weapon. lol

Would love to see how he fights with them. Guess it's time for another RD playthrough. :awesome:

Also replace Eruption with an Axe attack and give it to Roy to help declone him.
Ike is not a clone just cause of they have 2 moves similiar and swords.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ike is not a clone just cause of they have 2 moves similiar and swords.
???

I wasn't talking about Ike being a clone. :/

D

Deleted member

I'm excited to see what happens to the Fire Emblem characters. The possibilities are all so good.

Our possibilities are Marth, Ike, Roy, and Krom. I think we can agree to this.

We can also agree that Marth is a shoo-in. It's the latter three that are in question at the moment. My personal prediction is that they'll keep Ike and add Roy, but Krom has just as good of a chance as Roy at this moment.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Our possibilities are Marth, Ike, Roy, and Krom. I think we can agree to this.
I would like to say Lyn would be one of those possibilities also... but that might be wishful thinking. So if not one of those, she's definitely next in line.

:phone:

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'd say the very interesting thing about our character pool is there are so many different options that could be chosen for very different reasons. I'd say we could get any of: Crom, Roy, Black Knight, Caeda, Lyn, or Micaiah.

D

Deleted member

I would like to say Lyn would be one of those possibilities also... but that might be wishful thinking. So if not one of those, she's definitely next in line.

I don't see why she would/should be in. The only semi-legitimate reason I have seen for her inclusion is the double katana, but is adding an extra katana going to be enough to convince Sakurai she is worthy of a slot? No.

D

Deleted member

I don't see why she would/should be in. The only semi-legitimate reason I have seen for her inclusion is the double katana, but is adding an extra katana going to be enough to convince Sakurai she is worthy of a slot? No.
-First major character of the first Fire Emblem to be released outside Japan.
-Assist Trophy (if she was worthy of being one over other characters, why wouldn't she be "worthy" of being playable?)
-Can provide an interesting moveset with double katana.

And yes, having a second katana CAN be enough. Afterall, it provides something different from other Fire Emblem candidates, and something that has yet to be included in Smash (unless you count Pit's bow); a dual-wielder.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
-Assist Trophy (if she was worthy of being one over other characters, why wouldn't she be "worthy" of being playable?)
I don't think it works that way; Jeff was the Mother assist trophy, and I doubt he has a chance.

Not that I dislike Lyn; dual swords sounds cool.

Anyway, I think Fire Emblem deserves two more characters, but I also think the same of Metroid. I think they'll definitely get a new character, but the main worry I have is that the new character will replace Ike, and I wouldn't like to see his manliness leave.

D

Deleted member

You're talking Assist Trophies in general; I'm talking specifically Fire Emblem.

There were a BUNCH of characters that could've been an Assist Trophy from Fire Emblems 1-10, and Lyn was the one chosen.

As for your Jeff example, it's because Ness already has references to Paula and Poo in his moves. That, and most likely because his father appears in Mother 3 as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would rather see the Pegasus Sisters as ATs. The 3 have certainly have earned it, being the most recurring playable characters in the series, bar Tiki (who would also be cool as an AT) and FE13's DLC Marth.

Could do the Triangle Attack. BD

D

Deleted member

-First major character of the first Fire Emblem to be released outside Japan.
-Can provide an interesting moveset with double katana.

And yes, having a second katana CAN be enough. Afterall, it provides something different from other Fire Emblem candidates, and something that has yet to be included in Smash (unless you count Pit's bow); a dual-wielder.
- That argument doesn't hold up anymore. If Sakurai was going to add someone based off being the first international lords (Lyn shares this title with Elliwood and Hector), one of the FE7 lords would have been made playable in Brawl.

- It could also be because Sakurai doesn't see her as worthy of anymore than Assist Trophy status. Just because someone gets Assist Trophy status doesn't mean that Sakurai is going to give thoughts on them being playable in the next game.

- Marth and Ike were swordsmen and both were completely unique. We can have swordsmen and have them be unique.

D

Deleted member

If that's how you feel about Lyn, then don't be expecting Roy back anytime soon.

Yes, he was planned for Brawl, but at the same time, he was a clone, and there's still Krom to consider. It could very well be that Sakurai considers Roy's "purpose" in Smash fufilled (promotion for Binding Blade).

Also, I find you using the Assist Trophy argument against her to be hypocritical, since you support quite a few of them.

EDIT: Also, I never said that swordsmen couldn't be unique. I said that she offered something different compared to the other candidates (who are not Marth or Ike, by the way, thanks for reading), and that it's something that has not yet been done in Smash.

Face it, she's as just as much capable of being in Smash 4 as much as Roy is. To argue against that is just being biased.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
BTW, here's DLC Ike.

Won't lie, the artwork looks kinda funny. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. :/

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
BTW, here's DLC Ike.

Won't lie, the artwork looks kinda funny. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. :/
What in the world is going on with his right arm? I haven't been very fond of all the artwork they've done for the DLC for this game.

Anyway, Lyn has quickly become my most wanted character although I think Krom will probably be the next addition. If they add her, I really hope that they make her voice actor be someone with a voice that matches the character. Her AT voice was so deep.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What in the world is going on with his right arm? I haven't been very fond of all the artwork they've done for the DLC for this game.
It's just turned away from the camera. It's just like his left arm.

He does look a little thin to me, though. Perhaps it's a younger form of him than what we're used to?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That doesn't look like Ike at all. I do kind of like his armor though

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
W- W- Wh- Who is that fiend ?!
That is not the Ike that I know.
The Ike that I know is a guy who fights for his friends and does not give sympathy to anyone, not this guy with awesome looking armor.

D

Deleted member

Well, now. Ike has finally shown his face.

Seems kind of fitting though, that Marth is the first DLC, while Ike is *apparently* the last.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh Lord what did they do to poor Ike... :c

Hopefully there will also be a FE:RD-inspired DLC Ike, much like there is Hero King Marth, and regular Marth.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Too damn skinny he is. :/ Worst art work of him yet, but he's still Ike so can't complain.

Hopefully they'll reveal Hector and Sigurd as well as DLC characters. If Ellincia made it, why can't they? Its not like there are too many Paladin or General class based Lords. Which still makes me wonder, what class is Ephraim now?

Oh and who's Paris?

D

Deleted member

Too damn skinny he is. :/ Worst art work of him yet, but he's still Ike so can't complain.

Hopefully they'll reveal Hector and Sigurd as well as DLC characters. If Ellincia made it, why can't they? Its not like there are too many Paladin or General class based Lords. Which still makes me wonder, what class is Ephraim now?

Oh and who's Paris?

a. Ike is supposedly the last DLC.
b. Paris is Ike's descendant, and is a Spotpass character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bloody pimpin ****!! Forget Ike, this guy is straight up BAD ***!

D

Deleted member

Meh for Ike's new design, but it's certainly better than what he got initially (I swear, that was horrible).
If that's how you feel about Lyn, then don't be expecting Roy back anytime soon.

Yes, he was planned for Brawl, but at the same time, he was a clone, and there's still Krom to consider. It could very well be that Sakurai considers Roy's "purpose" in Smash fufilled (promotion for Binding Blade).

Also, I find you using the Assist Trophy argument against her to be hypocritical, since you support quite a few of them.

EDIT: Also, I never said that swordsmen couldn't be unique. I said that she offered something different compared to the other candidates (who are not Marth or Ike, by the way, thanks for reading), and that it's something that has not yet been done in Smash.

Face it, she's as just as much capable of being in Smash 4 as much as Roy is. To argue against that is just being biased.
When I "support" a character, it doesn't mean I actively push for their inclusion, it only means that I want the character. It's just that there are some characters that I support actively at the moment (Mega Man, Mewtwo, Mii, Saki Amamiya, King K. Rool, and Roy/Krom are examples).

I can't be called a hypocrite for supporting Assist Trophy character because I support them because I want to see them in; Assist Trophy status has nothing to do with it. With Lyn, there was no evidence that she was even considered, so you cannot say that Sakurai considers her worthy of a playable status just because she was an Assist Trophy. It's the same reason why I don't use Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, Isaac, or Ray's Assist Trophy status as something that means anything good; because it gives us nothing to work with either way. Only Saki Amamiya can argue to be helped from having AT status because there is evidence that he was legitimately considered.

Lyn might be a dual wielder of katana's and uses a lance, but Sakurai has given no indication that he cares about the weapons that Fire Emblem characters used. Marth and Roy were swordsmen and you don't see Ike's axe into play in Brawl. Plus he considered Leaf in Melee as a potential clone, so he didn't care about his massive potentials (unfortunately). Granted, Roy does have a similar move set to Marth, but Sakurai did care for uniqueness, stating that fire properties help him stand out. Uniqueness is after all, one of Sakurai's four criteria that he uses when selecting characters, it's just that it doesn't guarantee an unique character nor does it help out the chances of different weapons used in Fire Emblem characters.

Also, I doubt Sakurai is going to pick anyone that isn't Marth, Ike, Roy, or Krom. Anyone else simply have too little going for them and too much against them to be seriously considered.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
a. Ike is supposedly the last DLC.
b. Paris is Ike's descendant, and is a Spotpass character.
Ike's not the last DLC, if it was it would have said so. Not to mention there are several more unlockable weapons based on the remaining lords: Hector, Eliwood, and Sigrud.

Paris is the last Spotpass character though. He ironically was released today as well, which kinda makes sense seeing as he's Ike's decendant.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, I see where you found that stuff out. My bad. Kinda dumb that they left all those hints to the other lords though.

D

Deleted member

[Insert long quote here]
Saki's a he, but never mind that. Also, if you want to get technical, Waluigi seems to have been briefly considered, as he's mentioned to appear anyway despite not being a playable character.

Note that NOWHERE did I mention anything about Lyn's lance, just her two swords. In fact, nowhere in my discussion was about anything other than swords, so I don't know why you're branching off into THAT.
And also note, that Marth and Ike have differing styles to each other AND the rest of swordsmen. Marth has a graceful style of fighting, and uses his sword for literally all his attacks barring grabs as compared to Link's secondary weapons, kicks, and a hack and slash style. Ike wields a two handed sword, meaning he's swinging it around like a frigging club. Ike's all about strength.
Lyn's dual wielding would be unique compared to the other candidates. Roy? Copied from Marth's style. Krom would also be similar (but not exact) to Ike.
And honestly, you give Roy too much credit, as HE has a lot going against him and little for him other than him being planned for Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
GoldenY is arguing AGAINST Roy now? Is this the end of times? :smirk:

I do consider Roy a little bit more likely than Lyn though, and I wouldn't think of Lyn as a double blade weilder. As she wasn't one in Fire Emblem 7, her original game, and neither in her Brawl AT appearance. She would've made a nice secondary newcomer along with Ike for Brawl, but now, I don't see her need.

It'll pretty much be left to Chrom as an expected 3rd Fire Emblem character, and Roy would be a nice extra. Though if I could choose, I´d pick Hector over him, and even Lyn. But I expect Roy more, cause of him being the `revival´ Lord of the series, his popularity in Japan and him having a similar moveset to both Marth and possibly Ike (a blend in between both styles) -which Chrom could easily be as well, mind you. But imo, 3 Fire Emblem characters seems most likely at this point.

Though, Paris still looks ****ing bad ***. I kinda wish he could make it in as well.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord

I believe Ephraim's DLC was a Great Knight in the end.

And from what I gather, Ike is said to be the last of the decisive battle DLC, which means that's probably it or at least there won't be anymore DLC sets like these ones. Unfortunately I think Sigurd and Hector have missed their chance if that's the case. Seems particularly odd in the case of Sigurd seeing as there's a spot pass group from FE4's first generation as well as for it's 2nd yet we only got a DLC chatacter for the 2nd gen.

And yeah, not really a huge fan of this rendition of Ike. The proportions are pretty wonky, and his sword looks like it's actually grafted onto his elbow.

Still, Ike is getting attention in some form or other if he used as the final DLC character and effectively is the ultimate prize for defeating the combined forces of Light and Darkness. Not to mention they gave him a descendant in Fire Emblem Awakening as well. The only Lord that's been given more attention in the latest game is Marth himself. Really am getting confident that the chances of Ike being cut from SSB are heavily exaggerated.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. Paris is just pure fan-service for the Ike fans. And we thought Chrom as a main character having Aether would do. At least there´s no worrying in him getting replaced no more. Which is good, as I KIND OFF worried about Ike before.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still needs bigger arms and pecs, a longer cape, either longer or shorter hair, Ragnell and a somewhat bigger shoulderpad and he'd be good. Also, a less freakish expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom