• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
So....Ike ISN'T a DLC character....but a random original descendant of him?

Is anyone else having a bit of doubt about his return now?
Well just to clarify, Paris is a different kind of DLC from the likes of Marth, Lyn, Ephraim and the others. He's acquired through a sidequest map that you get through spotpass, of which previous ones have involved key characters in the game that aren't recruit-able through the main story. Paris is a bit different in that regard seeing as this is the first time he's been seen, but I feel he's meant to tie the Tellius games into the same world as Akaenia's.

Ike will probably still be a DLC character later on, there's at least one more DLC chapter expected to come out and the speculation is that it's going to give Ike. Oddly, we usually hear of the next DLC chapter soon after the new sidequest map is released, but they seem to have held off on it for the moment.

If anything I think this strengthens Ike's chances, as it's giving him a special kind of attention to be able to play as his descendant in the newest Fire Emblem game. Having Marth's descendants fight alongside Ike's is a pretty interesting concept.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Needs maybe a slightly shorter face and a smaller bandana. Or maybe just non-dumb hair? Not sure how exactly to fix his ugliness.

How can Ike have a descendant anyway. Maybe Soren used some dark magic to turn himself into a woman I guess.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Needs maybe a slightly shorter face and a smaller bandana. Or maybe just non-dumb hair? Not sure how exactly to fix his ugliness.

How can Ike have a descendant anyway. Maybe Soren used some dark magic to turn himself into a woman I guess.
You are plagued with that yaoi fangirls crap? Gay society is a minority if you couldn't prove a person gay he is naturally Heterosexual...and no one proved Ike's gay so why the hell you still believe this crap....and now with his descendent around, that looks and acts like him ,he is definitely not gay, and you can have his descendent Paris marry the female MU which shows Paris aint gay to....

D

Deleted member

What the Hell is with this IkeXSoren thing I keep seeing people say?

Well just to clarify, Paris is a different kind of DLC from the likes of Marth, Lyn, Ephraim and the others. He's acquired through a sidequest map that you get through spotpass, of which previous ones have involved key characters in the game that aren't recruit-able through the main story. Paris is a bit different in that regard seeing as this is the first time he's been seen, but I feel he's meant to tie the Tellius games into the same world as Akaenia's.

Ike will probably still be a DLC character later on, there's at least one more DLC chapter expected to come out and the speculation is that it's going to give Ike. Oddly, we usually hear of the next DLC chapter soon after the new sidequest map is released, but they seem to have held off on it for the moment.

If anything I think this strengthens Ike's chances, as it's giving him a special kind of attention to be able to play as his descendant in the newest Fire Emblem game. Having Marth's descendants fight alongside Ike's is a pretty interesting concept.
Ah, so Paris isn't the same vein of DLC as the other ones? That gives me a little relief.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

this post is bad, and you should feel bad for this nonsense.

anyway, back to the topic. they could put Marth, Roy and Ike, and have their relatives as alternate costumes, Krom, Eliwood and Paris respectively, complete with voice and name swap, but keeping the same movesets. I think it wouldn't be a stretch.

of course, Krom, Eliwood and Paris can obviously have distinct movesets. but if they don't add new FE characters in SSB4, at least they could give the possibility of costumes.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
this post is bad, and you should feel bad for this nonsense.

anyway, back to the topic. they could put Marth, Roy and Ike, and have their relatives as alternate costumes, Krom, Eliwood and Paris respectively, complete with voice and name swap, but keeping the same movesets. I think it wouldn't be a stretch.

of course, Krom, Eliwood and Paris can obviously have distinct movesets. but if they don't add new FE characters in SSB4, at least they could give the possibility of costumes.
Lucina is closer to Marth....

(This link is a spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled don't touch it)

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0601/lucina.jpg

Edit : Forstwraith the more I read your post the more I respect you, your posts are great and straight at the point, people should learn from you.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lucina is closer to Marth....

(This link is a spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled don't touch it)

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0601/lucina.jpg

Edit : Forstwraith the more I read your post the more I respect you, your posts are great and straight at the point, people should learn from you.
why, thanks. that's who I am, anyway. whenever I post on these boards, I like to express my thoughts with honesty, considering all kinds of possibilities regarding the subject, without trolling or going off-topic.

why the possibility of adding Krom and Paris as Marth and Ike swaps isn't a stretch is because they're descendants of them and thus, the sword skills of Marth and Ike could pass through the generations.

a good example of this is Ike himself, who learned the sword from his father Greil, and it's easy to assume that his son or daughter learned from Ike and passed the same style like a bloodline to Paris, his descendant.

considering the rest of the FE franchise, I'm sure that Anna could be a new character. Anna has appeared in all Fire Emblem games, except Gaiden. she's also playable in Awakening. considering her class set she can be Thief, Archer or Mage, which means promotions to: Assassin, Trickster, Sniper, Bow Knight, Sage or Dark Knight. adding the fact that she also appeared as a Pegasus Knight in Path of Radiance's tutorials, she has a vast kind of weapons she can use: Swords, Lances, Bows, Magic and Staffs, making her moveset potential great.

of course, we could also have a playable antagonist, which I prefer the Black Knight.

D

Deleted member

Shipping is ******** and non-canon homosexual shipping is even worse.

The IkeXSoren jokes get older than Chuck Norris jokes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
They're video game characters--They can have whatever preference they want.

That said, this isn't the place to talk about pairings. Keep it to talk related to the games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In order of preference of FE reps I'd choose, they would be picked from my most wanted to least wanted. Krom, Roy, Lyn, Ephraim/Eirika, Micaiah, Black Knight, Anna, Liz.

:phone:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Right now with Paris on the loose. (Hinting a possible next protagonist), things are going crazy but hey, if he truly is the next protagonist, first the game has to come out. He's not getting my vote yet because despite being Ike's descendant, his current contribution to Fire Emblem is very minor.

My current top candidates for Fire Emblem representatives are:

1. Marth (with an Alt. outfit to look like Masked!Marth)
  2. Krom
  3. Third Character (Roy or Ike)
But being absolutely realistic, i'd only see Fire Emblem with two reps. If by luck we get 3, it'd be awesome.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Roy got in before he even did anything, so we can't knock down Paris because of that reasoning.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
If Paris = the protagonist of the next game in the series which possibly announced at the end of this year or the beginning of next year....than we should say goodbye to Ike chances of coming back because Paris perfectly fits Ike character....and we might see Krom as a third character or replacing Marth ( you'll never know) but hopefully we get the alternate outfits....either way Sakurai will preserve the moves of the characters but will change the characters skins.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
To be fair, Roy got in before he even did anything, so we can't knock down Paris because of that reasoning.
Point taken. But I still said that considering that he's hinting a game with him as the Lord. If he is, then i'll de damned, if not, being a descendant of a previous Lord yet gives him chances.

If Paris = the protagonist of the next game in the series which possibly announced at the end of this year or the beginning of next year....than we should say goodbye to Ike chances of coming back because Paris perfectly fits Ike character....and we might see Krom as a third character or replacing Marth ( you'll never know) but hopefully we get the alternate outfits....either way Sakurai will preserve the moves of the characters but will change the characters skins.
Since Smash Bros already began development, the one Lord that would have the best chances of being in now as replacement for Ike is Krom. Back when Brawl was being developed (2005), Path of Radiance was already released, and Ike was the latest Lord, and right now that situation applies to Krom. Hurray, more blue-haired heroes!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Replacement is a funny way of wording things seeing as it's never happened in the series. lol

Sakurai liked Roy, and Sakurai asked IS for a FE character that would be good for Smash, we got Ike. Being from the lastest/upcoming games is just a coincidence. If Krom is added it'll be because he got the attention of Sakurai, who then saw something interesting in him that could be put to good use in Smash.

Just my personal opinion here, but seeing as FE13 is the previously hinted FE All Stars game as well as Krom taking from previously lords in the series, as well as having to share the spot light with Lucina and My Unit, he's not looking too good. Has both Ike's and Roy's popularity and being in previous Smashes to deal with too.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, I bet a lot of people would be happy just with all four of them in.

It's more of just a question of how much Sakurai hates happiness.

D

Deleted member

Replacement is a funny way of wording things seeing as it's never happened in the series. lol
*sigh* :younglinkmelee: to :toonlink:

Even if you consider Toon Link to just be Young Link under a different name, it's STILL a replacement.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Did you not see the popularity of Krom in Japan? He's more popular than Ike!
Yeah, but seeing as Ike and Marth were up that high years after their games came out while Krom's up their while in the spotlight I'm not making too much of it for now. A fanbase for him in Smash is still quite small at the moment in comparison to even Roy's.

*sigh* :younglinkmelee: to :toonlink:

Even if you consider Toon Link to just be Young Link under a different name, it's STILL a replacement.
*sigh* I do and therefore don't see it as a replacement.

Starting to think you all obsessing over my personal opinions of Krom and are missing the main point I was trying to make:

If Krom is added it'll be because he got the attention of Sakurai, who then saw something interesting in him that could be put to good use in Smash.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
Ephriam ftw he's the only Fire emblem protagonist that doesn't use a sword xD

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Krom has the ability to wield lances doesn't he? Give him a taunt to change weapons; & give Ike an axe taunt.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Micaiah doesn't either.
She doesn't even use a weapon; she's a mage.
Books are lethal weapons, have you seen what they do to stupid people?
Bartre

Give Ike an alternate costume to use an axe. (like the Ike axe texture) lance is different cause range and using a lance the same as a sword..

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Krom has the ability to wield lances doesn't he? Give him a taunt to change weapons; & give Ike an axe taunt.
That reminds me, I've never really seen Ike use an axe all that much. I always get Ragnell by the time he class changes and never end up using any other weapon. lol

Would love to see how he fights with them. Guess it's time for another RD playthrough. :awesome:

Also replace Eruption with an Axe attack and give it to Roy to help declone him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom