• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda doubles -what can team Zelda + ____ do? (Update notice, now discussing G&W!)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
This is probably because Snake is a much better character than Lucas.

On a side note, Level 9 CPU MK is the WORST TEAMMATE EVER!!!!!
Yeah that MK beat the Smash Ball out of you. lol

But yeah Snake is better and just the way his attacks are and the way he can be played compliment Zelda so well.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Since he came up, we can talk Snake next.

Does anyone still have something they want to say about Lucas before that?

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
no we don't.

now on to snake....

OMGWTFBBQHAX!!!!!! best teammate for zelda hands down.

Now let me get into detail:

1) Both zelda and snake have IMMENSE kill potential and plenty of ability to rack up damage. Thus this becomes an extremely versatile team combination.

2) Zelda has the right abilities to help keep snake alive (via din's) and snake's gameplay and disjointed tilts is perfect to protect zelda when she's trying to make a recovery with FW.

3) Both players together can operate really well in any stage and abuse the long lasting smashes of zelda and the long lasting and powerful aerials of snake (in other words, one stays in the air, and the other stays on the ground).

4) Snakes stage control skills via bombs and grenades allow zelda to play her game at the maximum, allowing her to use her high risk attacks at a much lower risk level (Fsmash, Dtilt Locks, Dair spikes) and having snake by her side, keeping away the teammate.

5) Zelda and snake have to be the two sexiest characters in the game, so that in itself is a mindgame.

6) Zelda Usmash > Snake Nair > Zelda Uair > Game

This is my current team setup and the last weekly tournament in vegas, we placed 3rd, almost beating the top team in vegas. So in other words, this team is too good. Hands down the best teammate for zelda.

n88

Smash Lord
The only reason I said Snake was a bad teammate is because I have played doubles with him, and he tends to beat the crap out of me, CPU or human. I would like to be aable to focus on the enemy without dodging all my ally's crazy projectiles. AzNfinesse, however, did come up with a good argument on his 5th point.

Maybe I just need to play w/better Snakes.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Maybe I just need to play w/better Snakes.
It's a matter of playing with better Snakes and also just.... being good at doubles, especially with your particular partner.

Yeah, he has to avoid hitting you, but you also have to avoid unintentionally jumping/getting knocked into the **** and practice keeping an eye on where all his explosives and crap are (which you hopefully already have experience with by playing the matchup).

Long story short, it's all about working on teammwork.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I said Snake was a bad teammate is because I have played doubles with him, and he tends to beat the crap out of me, CPU or human. I would like to be aable to focus on the enemy without dodging all my ally's crazy projectiles.
you should be using Snakes grenades, C4's and other crazy explosives to your advantage. If you and your teammate are in sync enough, you would be using those grenades to bait some LK's or Uairs. Snake is a master at stage control, something that Zelda desparately needs. Zelda is the queen of setting up for kills, and the help of Snake's stage control makes that job that much easier. The playstyles of these two characters, if used right, makes this team one of the most perfect combinations in the game. The only other teams I could see matching up to this is MK+Snake, G&W+ZSS, Marth+MK, G&W+Marth, and G&W+Snake (but then again, that's just my opinion).

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
First post has been updated, Snakes have been invited and I´ll start working on the summaries on Wednesday.

And most importantly:

5) Zelda and snake have to be the two sexiest characters in the game, so that in itself is a mindgame.
But what about Captain Falcon and his PAWCH!?! :(:(:(

Carry on.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Half-split you've started a thread phenomenon xD I've seen the dedede and pit boards copy this thread exactly.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
For Zelda and Snake as a team hrmm...

I say this combo works very effectively! =O
Snake and Zelda have so much going for them.
Snake has his crazy gadgets and whoretiltz which can be used to keep opponents guessing and how they should approach. Zelda has her amazing Damage Racking and Kill setups which work great in conjuntion with Snakes KO options.
Both have deadly tilts and Zelda has Dins fire which wont force her to appraoch enemies through the mines and nades and Snake has great recovery and heavy weight which can ensure his survivabillity. Zelda and Snake both can sheild pressure opponents and can flow nicely into eachothers attacks.

As for any cons there arent a lot but you should watch out for.
Zelda must becareful where she is walking or how she is appraoching since explosives and other crazy traps Snake has set up leaves Zelda just as vulnerable to be hit by as the others which can really rack up her damage / KO. Zelda might also be the prime target in this match since her recovery is shy of good and easy to knock out of the stage/edgegaurd. Snake is susceptible to any Dins fires and can easily be sucked in by her F/Usmashes and Nairs if they are not spaced properly (But at low percents thats not a problem tho and good set up for Aerial kills maybe)

But I must say. This team works very well together and if played masterfully they can be extremely hard to defeat. I recommend this team in any competitive doubles you may have. =)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Half-split you've started a thread phenomenon xD I've seen the dedede and pit boards copy this thread exactly.
Wow, they even copied my first post. Now I´m angry :mad:
LOL, not really. Actually it makes me feel proud :colorful:

Old vid, but some examples of Snake/Zelda Team work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCwcVlD0xLQ
Good reference material in that video. It also showed one of the problems in this team: it´s very easy for Zelda to hit Snake. He´s just so big and easy target to hit with LK or U-smash in accident.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes, just like it's easy for Snake to hit Zelda with one of his explosives by accident. I don't think Snake is the best team player though.

They can do crazy things though. Her din's fire can set off grenades and mines and they both have superb KO power. The main focus should be on how to rack up damage together.

Snake's 1st strike of ftilt opens a lot of doors if you are fast enough.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Most of the mistakes was just due to the fact that we had never practiced working together really. We only about an hour or so of practice teams.

Yes we hit each other but in teams mistakes do happen. Snake is still Zelda's best partner choice because of his ability to kill, tank, and double team. His attacks are also at a speed that allow Zelda to get some good follow ups. He can easily hold off one opponent or both if needed.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
Yes, just like it's easy for Snake to hit Zelda with one of his explosives by accident. I don't think Snake is the best team player though.
definitely not the case. snake is not a tank. he's a wall of beast. once you get a good setup going, snake can hold back both opponents while zelda can make a recovery/din's spam to rack up damage/distract the opponents so zelda can move in for a quick kill. snake is an excellent team player. if u get hit by snakes explosives, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or u wanted to get hit by the explosion so u can follow up with a uair.

i've been partnering with my current partner for awhile, so we are regular teammates. we decided to try the snake/zelda combo because DM said it was a beast combination, and it is probably one of the best combinations out there. the problem you're probably having is finding a snake that knows how to play teams properly. being a good snake player in singles doesn't necessarily make you a good snake player in teams. it's a whole different game.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The Snake/Zelda team is a really fun combo. The sheer power has to be taken into account, and like AzNfinesse said, Snake can literally be a wall so she can recover or spam Din's. I also like the idea of following up with aerials after being hit by an explosive (so long as you didn't kill yourself first lol) I never thought of what could happen after the first ftilt, that can be fun.

Btw, I like you sig AzNfinesse

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
The Snake/Zelda team is a really fun combo. The sheer power has to be taken into account, and like AzNfinesse said, Snake can literally be a wall so she can recover or spam Din's. I also like the idea of following up with aerials after being hit by an explosive (so long as you didn't kill yourself first lol) I never thought of what could happen after the first ftilt, that can be fun.

Btw, I like you sig AzNfinesse
lol thx. but i didn't make it. someone in vegas made it for me. u should thx vegassmash for thinking my zelda is beast (even though it's not :( ).

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I think this team is done.

There were no suggestions or hopes for next character, so I just picked one up from a hat: Pikachu! All the usual things are done, start talking!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The best teammate you could ever hope for!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jk. I've done this team in tournament before (as Zelda), and it's not that great..... no one can effectively stock tank, and although Pikachu can hold his own 1v1, Zelda and Pika are both better suited to supporting a more solid teammate.

Pros:

- Pikachu can quickly get to Zelda's aid if she's in trouble, especially if she needs help with recovery. He can drop down and uair underneath her to pop her up with minimal stun/knockback, then get back to the stage safely since his recovery is so beastly.

- Related to the above, Pika can usually take control of the ledge with thunder/tjolt, minimizing how effectively the other team can edgeguard you. As long as you don't FW into thunder, he can usually cover you long enough for you to get back safely.

- Zelda loves people being above her; similarly, Pikachu loves people being above him. Both of them have a wide range of moves that knock people into the air, and with QAC, Pikachu can teleport across the stage and thunder-snipe while they're in hitstun. Sweet.

- Similarly, Pika can set up for Zelda's uair, and there're probably ways to set up for fair/bair out of dthrow or something at mid-high percentages -- haven't personally tried the latter, though.

- Zelda's throws and strong smashes can easily send people off-stage in a good position to be edgeguarded by Pika.

- Pika's small and agile, so the chances that you'll accidentally hit him with fair/bair or another deadly move are considerably smaller than they'd be with a bulkier teammate.

- As long as you don't get sucked in with it, Pika's dsmash is good for hitting both opponents and giving you time to get into a better position if you've been backed into a corner. You'd be surprised how many times both people on the other team fall into it, even when the hitbox has already been out for a while...... x.x

- Pika can easily rack up damage and doesn't completely lack in kill moves, while Zelda carries all the KO power.

- Pikachu's adorable.

- Dtilt lock > sweetspotted thunder. It happens.

Cons:

- It's pretty easy for the two of them to stay out of each other's way, but DO NOT GET HIT BY THUNDER, especially T2 (the blast around Pika's body). You'll die. Early.

- Neither Zelda nor Pika do exceptionally well when they're double-teamed. Pikachu can quickly get to Zelda's aid in cases like this, but Zelda has a hard time doing the same for him.

- Both are hellza light, so they really need to focus on not dying early.

- Pikachu usually heavily relies on his grab game, especially his CGs in certain matchups, but they won't be as helpful in a 2v2 environment.

- Teams with MK, Marth, and G&W will wreck your day. Easily. And with the number of G&W/MK + [insert character here] teams out there, you'll frequently find yourself having a very hard time. Other characters that have the potential to give you trouble: Wario, Snake (Pika can't CG him in teams!!), Ness, and the spacies, especially Fox and Falco (without his ability to CG > death, they give Pika considerable trouble).

Overall:

Other teams are better. There are too many common teams characters that foil their plans, and both of them are more useful being backup/support for a stronger offensive teammate. (Or in Pika's case, at least someone equally offensive.) There are fancy tricks you can pull off (Zelda throw/smash > Pika edgeguard; Zelda hit > thunder, Pika hit > Zelda uair), but most of them force Pika to be the main offensive character, and it's a burden he doesn't do well with in teams.

The basic gameplan is to have Pika rack damage with Zelda helping out where she can, then have Zelda come in for the kill or edgeguard/thunder setup. Oh, and STAY ALIVE, because it's very unlikely that either character will have free stocks for share-stocking.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
The best teammate you could ever hope for!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jk. I've done this team in tournament before (as Zelda), and it's not that great..... no one can effectively stock tank, and although Pikachu can hold his own 1v1, Zelda and Pika are both better suited to supporting a more solid teammate.

Pros:

- Pikachu can quickly get to Zelda's aid if she's in trouble, especially if she needs help with recovery. He can drop down and uair underneath her to pop her up with minimal stun/knockback, then get back to the stage safely since his recovery is so beastly.

- Related to the above, Pika can usually take control of the ledge with thunder/tjolt, minimizing how effectively the other team can edgeguard you. As long as you don't FW into thunder, he can usually cover you long enough for you to get back safely.

- Zelda loves people being above her; similarly, Pikachu loves people being above him. Both of them have a wide range of moves that knock people into the air, and with QAC, Pikachu can teleport across the stage and thunder-snipe while they're in hitstun. Sweet.

- Similarly, Pika can set up for Zelda's uair, and there're probably ways to set up for fair/bair out of dthrow or something at mid-high percentages -- haven't personally tried the latter, though.

- Zelda's throws and strong smashes can easily send people off-stage in a good position to be edgeguarded by Pika.

- Pika's small and agile, so the chances that you'll accidentally hit him with fair/bair or another deadly move are considerably smaller than they'd be with a bulkier teammate.

- As long as you don't get sucked in with it, Pika's dsmash is good for hitting both opponents and giving you time to get into a better position if you've been backed into a corner. You'd be surprised how many times both people on the other team fall into it, even when the hitbox has already been out for a while...... x.x

- Pika can easily rack up damage and doesn't completely lack in kill moves, while Zelda carries all the KO power.

- Pikachu's adorable.

- Dtilt lock > sweetspotted thunder. It happens.

Cons:

- It's pretty easy for the two of them to stay out of each other's way, but DO NOT GET HIT BY THUNDER, especially T2 (the blast around Pika's body). You'll die. Early.

- Neither Zelda nor Pika do exceptionally well when they're double-teamed. Pikachu can quickly get to Zelda's aid in cases like this, but Zelda has a hard time doing the same for him.

- Both are hellza light, so they really need to focus on not dying early.

- Pikachu usually heavily relies on his grab game, especially his CGs in certain matchups, but they won't be as helpful in a 2v2 environment.

- Teams with MK, Marth, and G&W will wreck your day. Easily. And with the number of G&W/MK + [insert character here] teams out there, you'll frequently find yourself having a very hard time. Other characters that have the potential to give you trouble: Wario, Snake (Pika can't CG him in teams!!), Ness, and the spacies, especially Fox and Falco (without his ability to CG > death, they give Pika considerable trouble).

Overall:

Other teams are better. There are too many common teams characters that foil their plans, and both of them are more useful being backup/support for a stronger offensive teammate. (Or in Pika's case, at least someone equally offensive.) There are fancy tricks you can pull off (Zelda throw/smash > Pika edgeguard; Zelda hit > thunder, Pika hit > Zelda uair), but most of them force Pika to be the main offensive character, and it's a burden he doesn't do well with in teams.

The basic gameplan is to have Pika rack damage with Zelda helping out where she can, then have Zelda come in for the kill or edgeguard/thunder setup. Oh, and STAY ALIVE, because it's very unlikely that either character will have free stocks for share-stocking.
pretty much covered every base of this team combination. It's a decent team, but there are better combinations out there.

Although, I must admit, this team can be dangerous in the right hands. Pika can dish out insane amounts of damage in a short amount of time. At the same time his attacks (namely Dsmash) are great follow-ups for quick kills from zelda if both players are in sync. Also, pika's speed really helps protect zelda in many cases.

I don't agree with the above that zelda can't help pika. True, she's slow, and easily one of the most gimpable characters in the game, but, IN MY OPINION, FW and dins are a great distraction. It doesn't have to give pika a save, but the distraction is enough combined with pika's speed to save the day (ok, so it's great only in theory and i'm not saying it'll work all the time, but just throwin it out there if anyone decides to do this combo).

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
How deadly the thunder (not T2) actually is? I almost never die because of it other than being edgeguarded or at late percents and it stales faster in teams than 1V1 battles if not used sparingly.

The reason I like this team is because both of them have long lasting attacks. It´s not uncommon to get both enemies stuck at the same time for one of them, allowing followups. Basically, it doesn´t matter which one hits, Zelda or Pika, there´s often enough time for the other to position him/herself for the next attack. They both also have a good GTFO move(s) in case they get surrounded by enemies.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
How deadly the thunder (not T2) actually is? I almost never die because of it other than being edgeguarded or at late percents and it stales faster in teams than 1V1 battles if not used sparingly.
not extremely deadly unless ur really high up above the stage and close to the roof.

The reason I like this team is because both of them have long lasting attacks. It´s not uncommon to get both enemies stuck at the same time for one of them, allowing followups. Basically, it doesn´t matter which one hits, Zelda or Pika, there´s often enough time for the other to position him/herself for the next attack. They both also have a good GTFO move(s) in case they get surrounded by enemies.
there are good combos with zelda/pika in BF and SV with zelda's usmash and pika's dsmash if both players are synced. also, pika's buffer grabs can lead to a lightning kick from zelda if timed properly. although zelda isn't great at it, she can control one opponent at the edge while pika buffer grabs the other (given that the opponent is capable of being buffer grabbed by pika), and when the timing is right, zelda moves in for the lightning kick kill. now again, this requires some coordination, as if it's done wrong, pika will get hit.

this team has a lot of potential, but like stated above, there are just other combinations that are better. not to say that this team can't win. it just can't place in tournament settings.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The first summary is up, tell me what you like and what should be changed/fixed/removed/added/whatever.

Also, does somebody have a suggestion for the next character or will I just again choose one randomly?

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
i think zero suit samus should be a new one. very mysterious character. and a lot of input from the zero suit players would be great.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS and Zelda compliment each other well in terms of roles. ZSS is a powerful damage racker, and her dsmash sets up for any of Zelda's big KO moves, including b/fair. Especially b/fair.

There are a few drawbacks that I can think of, though. Primarily, both ZSS and Zelda are very light, meaning that neither one is going to be stock tanking any time soon. The team would be something of a glass cannon in this regard. Second, they might tend to get in each other's way, as can happen with characters that use a lot of long range and projectile moves. It's not a huge deal if both players avoid their long range moves, but it's somewhat limiting on both characters.

So if you're careful, and good at avoiding being hit, I think this team can be quite successful, although not as much as some other high profile teams.

Mind you, this is all theorycraft; I've never teamed with a Zelda before, so I don't know the particulars of the pairing. I hope this helps, though.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
There are a few drawbacks that I can think of, though. Primarily, both ZSS and Zelda are very light, meaning that neither one is going to be stock tanking any time soon. The team would be something of a glass cannon in this regard. Second, they might tend to get in each other's way, as can happen with characters that use a lot of long range and projectile moves. It's not a huge deal if both players avoid their long range moves, but it's somewhat limiting on both characters.
i actually decided to try this team out last night in a few friendlies...and it actually works out real well. ph00tbag's description of a "glass cannon" is probably the perfect way to say it. both characters have great setups for each others moves:

zamus dsmash > zelda bair/fair
zamus neutral b > zelda bair/fair
zamus uair > zelda uair (i LOLed hard when this happened)
zelda usmash > zamus sideb
zelda dtilt > zamus dsmash >zelda bair/fair

this is just naming a few of the combos we pulled off. as ph00tbag also said, zamus fulfills the role of damage dealing well with the items at the beginning of the match, and zelda can help set up great mindgames with those items via nayru's love. problem with this is both players must be in near perfect sync (as is any other team). but this can give the team an easy stock per opponent.

another drawback i noticed with this team is the recovery aspect. zamus has a tether recover, and probably one of the best in the game. problem is, this can cause one teammate to accidentally gimp the other if both aren't careful. as we all know, zelda's recovery is one of the worst in the game, and can easily be gimped. zamus has a tether, and although it is the best tether recovery in the game, can still be easily gimped on accident. if this team were to happen, both players need to watch out for that.

Overall, i was pleasantly surprised by this team combination. both rolls of damage dealer and finisher are filled very well, and as long as good coordination is present in the team, it's a formiddable combination.

noradseven

Smash Lord
ZSS is top tier in doubles, so she works well with most characters.

In my experience in this team d-smash lighting kick is a riot and alot of people can be f-throwed into zelda spike, if you can time it right, the big problem in the match is for the zelda player, trying to avoid hitting ZSS, we get very distorted hitboxes in a bad way that can take some time to get used to.

But if you really work as a team you can abuse your better range, and huge combos, the large hit stun zelda has on attacks leads into alot of free, d-smash's which lead into lighting kicks. Even if the d-smash hits you too, it doesn't matter grab after a d-smash and all is good.

I think this match is a bit rougher on the Zelda player than most teams, because you are far more likely to gimp us then we are you.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The free damage you get done with armor suit pieces in the beginning of the match is really nice, and since Zelda also has extremely good slide toss and not-so-good reflector she can use them well into her advantage.

What about Zamus´ Up-b? it works well in combos, so could it be used for something like Zelda U-smash => Zamus Up-b => Zelda U-smash? Also, what ways does Zamus have to utilize Zelda´s long-lasting attacks, namely her throws and smashes?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Can we reliably LK a stunned enemy? cause that's gotta be nice.

(yay for 2 characters with ****ty grabs BTW)

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
ZSS and Zelda are a pretty good team in the same. It's got some reliabillity with the tactics and pros that this team makes.

Like most of what has already been said so far. They have great offensive options when it comes to a team and they set up for eachothers moves greatly. ZSS is one of the most agile and fast characters in the game, which can make slow and steady Princess Zelda not have to worry about moving around here and their so much. Zelda has a lot of KO power on her moves which really helps out ZSS with her great racking options but poor KO power.

This team isnt without their flaws.
both are incredibly easy to send flying away from the stage and with both of them having very mediocre recovery it can cause problems for you two. At close combat Zelda's many disjoint hitbox attacks can easily hit ZSS by accident if shes not used to dodging your attacks. And just a mistake with knocking ZSS offstage can result in bad news.

Thats just a short summary of them. This team once you can bypass their few cons, can be a really good team to use if your ever presented the chance. Learn their many great combo setups and this team can have a chance. =)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Sorry for the lack of updates lately guys, I´ve tried to write up summaries but something always keeps popping up. Tomorrow I´ll post the next character and at least one new summary.

Edit: Next character is Mario. Start discussing.

Also KayLo!, I used your post as a summary for Pika + Zelda team since, quite frankly, I couldn´t explain it better myself. If you want me to remove it from the OP or change the way it´s currently presented just say and it´ll be done.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Mario is a pretty solid team mate in general...no matter who I have teamed with I have been able to adapt to whatever the circumstances required...

Zelda + Mario seems to work well...you have Mario who most of the time will be running around racking up damage and then Zelda who will run in for the kills.

The only problem I see with this pair is that both Zelda and Mario can be gimped at lower % due to their recoveries but even then Zelda and Mario can save each other just as easily so I don't know I'm sure some other Mario players will follow up my post soon enough

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Mario is really underrated in teams. He has good combos in general and with partners. He can kill with Fsmash pretty easily and rack up damage with aerials and fireballs. He can hold his own in 2v1 if you know how to do it

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Wow, Mario mains are still fast...

Mario is also one of the best spacers in the game when talking about team battles. He can use both F.L.U.D.D. and cape to mess up the attacks and spacing of the enemies (or to help Zelda´s spacing). Fludding her as she jumps to get her into a position for sweetspot lightning kick is really nice (albeit situational) example of this.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
While I don't know any good Zelda's, this seems like it could be a great team.

Generally speaking, Mario is very good at racking up damage while Zelda is very adept at getting kills.
Also, Mario is a very good gimper and tends to live a very long time unless gimped.
This team also seems like it could do some interesting tricks (like FLUDD a Zelda player as he/she charges Usmash/Fsmash to make a sliding charged smash, which could seriously mess with an opponent's spacing/punishing abilities.).

Also, both have good projectiles, and with this team makeup, Din's might even become a KO move. What I mean by this is that say Mario is fighting someone and Zelda shoots a Din's at both, if Mario capes his opponent, he will take no damage from caping the Din's Fire (if I remember correctly that's how it works) and cape increases knockback by a lot, which would allow Mario to commit 'cape ****' on the opponent by exponentially increasing Din's KB.
I hope I explained that well (and that it does in fact work like that. As I said, I haven't teamed with Zeldas before.).

On this team, I would see Zelda as the finisher/support character while Mario does the damage racking, gimping and stock holding.

Hope this helped.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
gimmicky and having now part in a serious team tournament:

have mario fireball zelda in the back repeatedly while she uses din's machine gun :D

it's fun even if it's just for messing around.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Sounds like a decent team. The only downside is Mario would have to be the stock-tank most of the time and he's not particularly heavy/doesn't have a great recovery. Mario can combo well and kill okay. Zelda can combo okay and kill well. Pretty offensive team methinks.

Also, since Zelda's Usmash allows Mario to get close enough to follow-up because of the duration, I could see cape **** working with teams that're really in sync.

Not the BEST team, but I could see this being one of the better teams for both Zelda and Mario.

Top Bottom