• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2012 - Apex 2013 Qualifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ah the answer all pros use

Guess I'll find someone else :<

Haha just messin I'm available if by some neko cult stops a flying asteroid you wanna team with me lemme know.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
ive been in the lab harder then ever for this tourney i hope to expose most of u =)

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Def goin to this but I havent booked a room yet. Where are most people staying?

:phone:

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I'm coming with 1-3 other people so it might be better if we got our own room but I was hoping we could crash for a night somewhere. I'm probably going to be really annoying in here till I figure this out.

Decent chance I'll be posting in a week w/ floor vacancy or something to that effect LOL

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, excited for the event?

I've got a hotel deal for all of you. It's not as cheap as I would hope, but it's a nice hotel and very close to the venue (like 2 miles away I believe), and it's a discount off of their normal price.

Here is the website of the hotel so you can check it out:

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwes...yCode=31064&cm_mmc=PTI-_-local-_-feed-_-31064

The rates I got were $80.99 for Friday night and $107.99 for Saturday night. I was lucky to get this since they said Memorial Day Weekend and the weekend after are their two busiest weekends of the year and normally don't offer discounts. I will however keep looking for more discounts at other hotels nearby, but this is the closest hotel you will find.

In order to get the discounted rate, you must reserve the room over the phone. You can call the hotel at 732-238-4900. When you call, mention "Zenith Game Tournament" to receive the discounted rate. You can choose Friday night, Saturday night, or both.

I'm assuming the rooms are supposed to be for 2 people each, but I personally don't mind if you try to pack in 5+ lol. It'll make the rooms more affordable to split with more people :) Just try to be incognito about it and not make it obvious, but don't blame me if you get caught with too many people, that's on you. Not hard though, I think almost every national tourney hotel room I've been in has had 6+ people lol.
Guys this is the hotel info please do not forget else i have to keep posting this lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we did wat we could that is a nice hotel...those cheap hotels u like are usually not the most...comfy...xD

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Dude thats gonna be less than half what apex was thats totally legit

Why is that not in the OP? Or am I blind.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
crismas didnt update it yet give her time she is hella busy.

but yea the hotel is good if u pack ppl in and its cheaper. Me I wish I was in the hyatt in richmond, VA but thats another story ROFL.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Well at least others are able to use the deal. I also hope that at the tourney I can tell people how to use my mobile recorder so that they make sure to record matches so I don't have to keep running back to it. >.>

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah, honestly that hotel deal is pretty sweet. Especially for NJ.

Just updated the OP with the info btw.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Ok so this happened sooner than I thought. Reserving a room w/ 4 people for friday and saturday. Floor space available ranging from free to expensive depending on how much swag you don't have.

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If a group is only staying at the Best Western hotel for Friday and Saturday, using the Zenith deal, then it should save $30+ compared to booking a normal room rate or other deals they have.

If a group is booking a room for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the Zenith deal is not the way to go. There are other options that save you more money for a 3 night stay.
[collapse=Best Western 3 Night Stay deals]If a group arrives at the hotel the day before the tournament (Friday), stays Saturday night, stays Sunday night, and then check out and leave Monday morning, you can get a cheaper booking by using one of the deals below compared to using the Zenith rates.

I just checked the Best Western link you had, and chose 4 people in 1 room for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They have two cheap deals already; the Internet Only rate and the 3 Night Stay Promotion. The Internet Only rate is only available if you book online, and the rate is Friday $94, Saturday $102, and Sunday $90, which is a total of $286 for 1 room with 4 people. The other rate, 3 Night Stay Promotion is cheaper and is Friday $88, Saturday $96, and Sunday, $84, which is a total of $268.

The normal cost for a room, the "Best Available Rate", is Friday $110, Saturday $120, and Sunday $105, which is $335. Given that the normal room rate for Sunday would be $105, the Zenith deal should come to about a total of $294 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
The Internet Only rate would save you $49 compared to the Best Available rate and $8 from the Zenith rate. The 3 Night Promotion rate would save you $67 compared to the Best Available rate and $26 from the Zenith rate.

Unless I messed up on my calculations, rounding, etc., the Zenith deal is not the way to go for a 3 night stay. The Internet Only or 3 Night Promotion would be a better choice. Again, this is assuming that you book 1 room for 4 people (obviously having more than 4, but choosing 4 on the site) for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. [/collapse]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Im probably bussing to this, if anyone can help me with lifts and directions that would be really helpful. I don't think I can travel around myself and get to the venue on my own lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well im thinking of leaving friday morning may 25 and arriving in the afternoon somewhere. I'm not sure where I should choose to go though.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
And then everything I expected was wrong

Lemme know if you are staying here past Zenith Kage, and take the bus to NYC.

Because then you know, like.

I can house you.

Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom