• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I main Dhalsim in SF. It's really hard to win with him but I like his playstyle! Chun-li's wicked good though, she's my backup.

And yeah Tekken! I main Anna, King and Armour King. Cannot wait for tekken 6 to come out.

RoguefanAM

Smash Rookie
:*( I know, I want Tekken 6 BR out too, but it's taking so long.

To keep this on topic: go Zelda! :chuckle:

Oh, and a question to all you Zelda mainers out there - what would you do if the next Smash Bros. had Zelda nerfed, going so far as to make her worse than her melee counterpart? On the opposite side of the coin, what would you do if they buffed her even further, to - say - MK levels?

I would still main her if they nerfed her, I had no problem playing as melee Zelda, though a secondary would now be a priorty instead of a convience. As for buffs...eh, I would still main her even if people looked down on me for picking a top tier and cheap character (Zelda <3).

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
:*( I know, I want Tekken 6 BR out too, but it's taking so long.

To keep this on topic: go Zelda! :chuckle:

Oh, and a question to all you Zelda mainers out there - what would you do if the next Smash Bros. had Zelda nerfed, going so far as to make her worse than her melee counterpart? On the opposite side of the coin, what would you do if they buffed her even further, to - say - MK levels?

I would still main her if they nerfed her, I had no problem playing as melee Zelda, though a secondary would now be a priorty instead of a convience. As for buffs...eh, I would still main her even if people looked down on me for picking a top tier and cheap character (Zelda <3).
I don't play Tekken and KoF that much...then again, I don't play SF that much either.
I never played SC before either, but I really want to. Stupid game makers didn't release SC4 on the Wii >_>
But I used to play Xiaoyu, Nina Williams (Death by Degrees!!!) and Anna Williams.
Mai for KoF =D

I would still main Zelda whatever happened to her...I just hope they don't make her broken. I hate broken characters...I don't wanna hate Zelda lmao. But it would be nice if she made it to High Tier =D

RoguefanAM

Smash Rookie
I don't play Tekken and KoF that much...then again, I don't play SF that much either.
I never played SC before either, but I really want to. Stupid game makers didn't release SC4 on the Wii >_>
But I used to play Xiaoyu, Nina Williams (Death by Degrees!!!) and Anna Williams.
Mai for KoF =D

I would still main Zelda whatever happened to her...I just hope they don't make her broken. I hate broken characters...I don't wanna hate Zelda lmao. But it would be nice if she made it to High Tier =D
Mai 's cool, she along with King (cross dressers for teh win!11!) were my secondaries. SC4 on the Wii would've been ackward to the max! But if they let you use the gamecube controllers as well...it could work. I like Nina and Anna, Xiaoyu not so much (=p).

I think mid tier is the ideal tier placement for any character. That way, people can't rag on you for being cheap, plus you don't have to work that hard! But people have different opinions, some might want more of a challenge, while others just like seeing their favorite characters pwn. :)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I like seeing who people play as in fighting games...

SC = Sophitia since the first one, I picked up Tira as a secondary since the 3rd.
Mortal Kombat = Kitana, Mileena, Frost, and Nitara when available.
Street Fighter = Chun Li for all, and C. Viper in the fourth
Tekken = Anna Williams
Virtua Fighter = Pai Chan
Dark Stalkers = Jedah
Guilty Gear = Jam

If they changed Zelda either way I would still play as her. I just pick characters I like then no matter what even if they are horrible I still play as them. Or if they are amazing for that matter as long as I don't think they will be wicked popular. I kinda like being unique.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL! I was about to close this thread thinking it was an "Zelda fans insert spam here" thread. :p

Good stuff. Add me to the tournament Zelda list. :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've always found zelda's moveset to be really unique from other characters. Whether they nerf or buff her I think her moveset is what will always make me play her.

The perfect Zelda to me would be a different dair, an almost instant FW and a din's blast that doesn't make her paralysed after using it. She would have no problems coming back off the stage that way. The rest of her moveset I absolutely love!

EDIT: Also, where would Zelda place in the next Brawl tier list? I have a feeling she'll place lower or won't budge at all because of tournament results and some bad matchups. I'm disappointed, because I feel she's a solid character that no one's picking up =(

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Zelda would be broken if Din's Fire had no lag. >_>

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Zelda would be broken if Din's Fire had no lag. >_>
Oh no, keep the lag. I just mean when she's falling in the air, din's makes her paralysed until she touches the ground. I'd love to get rid of this, so that coming back to the stage would be easier.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
think mid tier is the ideal tier placement for any character. That way, people can't rag on you for being cheap, plus you don't have to work that hard! But people have different opinions, some might want more of a challenge, while others just like seeing their favorite characters pwn. :)
Interesting...then agian, who cares about tiers!!!

Kelly freaks me out, but the vid is hilarious xD

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
A quick question: Does Zelda have to be my number 1 main in order to join this? Because Zelda's my second main, while Luigi's my number 1 main. Though I do pretty much use the two of them equally.

Here's my info anyways:

Brawl name: S.A.L (Luigi in battle)
Tournies: Uh I've only played in online tournies, there's never any tournies that I know if in my area.
Color: Green
I do NOT use Sheik, and Zelda is my second main (with Luigi being my #1 main). I use Luigi and Zelda pretty much equally.

Bandit

Smash Lord
@Buzz

Thanks for not shutting us down! The thread (as I think you've seen) is more like a glorified player finder, but I didn't want to restrict people about what they talked about. I figure it'll stay generally Zelda since this is Zelda boards, but with most of the threads talking about specific moves or matchups, sometimes players are too timid to speak up. This is where people can let loose a little bit and get to know their fellow Zeldas. I hope to keep expanding the uses of this thread as the ideas come up.

BTW, you have been added to list. Feel free to fill out any of the other information if you would like.

@ ScaryLB59

No problem man! I figure the Zeldas would start to trickle in, so I added a few people I had run into other threads. You've been added to your regional area, and thanks for the info and the compliment.

@ S.A.L.

I believe if you use Zelda in tourney, then you can be in here. It is good to hear you are playing online tourneys, and I hope you find some local tourneys in your area to join in. If you do, I will add you to the tournament players (and keep us posted on how you place!).

@ Kataefi

I usually have no problems going off the ledge to challenge people as long as I know my limits. I agree about being paralyzed after throwing a dins. I just can't see why it would cause her to reach that state unless the developers thought it would "take a lot out of her." I agree the lag is fine, but it would be a vast improvement to eliminate the paralysis. Imagine, din gliding off the stage chasing someone or using it to horizontally help get back to the stage. Her recovery would be incredibly improved (which I believe is one of the major reasons she is as low on the tier lists).

Bandit

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199931

I just wanted everyone to see a Zelda in action (and winning), so I figured I would share the thread. To be honest, I was unaware (though I suspected) there was online tournaments from smash boards.

I will take a look at the videos hopefully tomorrow because I'd like to see your Zelda in action. I don't consider online play "tournament players" because there is nothing like sitting next to your opponent and playing live, so don't take any offense that I listed you under the casuals (not saying you did, just wanted to clarify).

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the casual section is fine with me. Online can be laggy (and there was quite a bit of lag in those videos) , so yeah i understand.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I wasn't going to get into the lag discussion because I know some people can get very animated over it. If you are used to WiFi I think it would be an adjustment to make (same with playing in person all the time and playing WiFi) but all it takes is a little practice.

If you are curious as to tourneys in your area, then just head over to the Pac West thread or talk to some of the other Pac West Zeldas. I know Cali is a huge state, but they might know of some that are in your area.

Another question for you:

Do you use your Zelda or Luigi based on matches or just whatever you are feeling? This is more curiosity than anything.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If this thread stays active, up-to-date, and relatively spam-free for a couple weeks, I'll see about giving it a sticky.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I really appreciate it Buzz. I'll make sure to keep things in order on the main posts and work to keep the random spam to a minimum. Thanks again!

Update: I have added a match-up short list to the main page. It only lists the match-ups in 5 general categories and has a direct link to the match-up thread, so you can find all the detailed match-ups easily. Big thanks to Royal Blood for running the match-up thread; I'll update our reference list every time we finish a character. If you haven't, get over to that thread and help with the current match-ups because the more input we have the better our meta-game can expand.

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
He was using Adult Link.

The tourney was a Legend of Zelda tourney, so the only 4 characters that were allowed were Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. Because it was that kind of a tourney, I had to use Zelda, but outside of those types of tourneys, I use Luigi or Zelda based on what I'm feeling, regardless of who my opponent's using.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Wow... adult link. Doesn't he know Zelda wears the pants in that relationship? The only reason Link is the playable character in all the Zelda games is to actually challenge the player. If Zelda was the playable, then the games would be way too easy as she overpowers all her opponents (I am purely referencing older games fyi).

Anyway, good **** on the tourney, and I wish you luck for any other tourneys you get to play in.

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice

Kaffei

Smash Hero

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That looked like the lag was horrible, players running into charged smashes and such. I agree the Link was pretty bad.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I wasn't going to criticize as it is no one's fault what talent shows up for online tournaments. This is generally why I consider these player casual players because there is no guarantee of top players entering, and with the lag, it is very difficult to play your character at a high level.

Still, I don't judge people who play online because any smash is still good smash. And a win is a win.

Update: I am looking for ideas on how to expand on this thread. Here are a few examples.

- Beginner advice: We could have a small section where some of us give a few tips to people that want to start maining Zelda. This is not suppose to be a guide type of thing, but just a few things that you would say to someone unfamiliar with the character. (Ex. Zelda is a defensive character so try to be patient and force approaches)

- Youtube Channel Links: This may probably be better in the video thread, but I would change your name in the regional listings to a hyperlink where your youtube channel is. I know some people don't have them, but it might persuade you to get one. This wouldn't have to be smash oriented as it would just reveal some of your personality.

- Tournament Placings: We could record all our tournament placings here in the thread in its own section. You supply how many entrants, where you placed, and what characters took you out. This is not suppose to prove who is better than who or embarrass anyone; it would be a way for everyone to see the growth of the Zelda players and to see what characters we are having problems with. Sure, we have the match-up thread, but the meta-game advances when people realize there are things that did not come up in the match-up thread or if you discover something knew. Plus, I think it would be awesome to see our fellow Zeldas grow from lower placing Zeldas to threatening high placing Zeldas.

- Zelda Quotes: This is quotes you find in other threads from Zelda players that are awesome. These can be funny, in your face, or whatever as long as taking it out of context still makes it an awesome quote.

- Help Me With This Match-Up!: I think people can come in to this thread and ask for help for a specific match-up since a thread like this did exist, but it has essentially died (I was the last one to use it and I revived it from the dead then). Kaffei, you asked for help with Ganon in the match-up thread, but they try to stay on topic over there with the current character (though I saw some people still helped you out - awesome). That was just an example why people should ask for help in here until the match-up thread is through going through the cast. I will point out the message numbers in the section so people can always go back and look at the advice.

I am planning on putting these in if you guys like them, so please comment on if you do or don't want these in here. I think Tournament Placings is a must-have, but it would be nice if you willingly submitted them. Help Me! and Beginner's tips could be nice features while the other two are just plain entertaining.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Bump for Updates

I did not include the beginner advice section, but I have created the help center and the zelda quotes section. You can start submitting to them now.

Tournament Results will start for any tournaments you attend. I will go back as far as this month if you have been to a tournament in November, so you can put me on alert there. If I don't get any responses, then I will probably start searching for myself (but it would only be the active 10 I would be searching for).

Youtube Channels are definitely happening. If you have a youtube channel let me know what it is.

This is a message to the casuals and inactive Zeldas out there...
... We need more tournament Zeldas!

As it stands right now, it appears as though there are 10 active Zeldas... 10... in all of smash... 10... in tourney... 10...

I realize there are plenty of people who play her casually, and you should want to step up and increase this number. The more tourney Zeldas that are active, the more videos we will have and the better the meta-game will be.

If you are listed as inactive, but you've been to a tournament since Sept 1 then let me know. I will take the italics off and be on the look out for that tournament and any others you may be a part of. I search your name in the tournament thread, so if you go by another name you have to let me know so I can find you.

DarkMusician and SniperWorm repped top 5 finishes in Hawaii (yes Hawaii has 20% of the Zeldas in the world) last week. I would've brought that to attention earlier had I known.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Quote for fun
Originally Posted by powuh_of_PIE
In the end, though, Zelda's **** cycle offers more kill chances, so I'd give the nod to her.

And... There are only that many Zeldas? I found another one at a tourney, but when I played him I 2 or 3 stocked him and he started maining someone else... usually when people even mention they are going to main Zelda I get s little upset because I like the feeling of uniqueness she gives me.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
and another that I posted, but it was a continuation of what pie said.

Originally Posted by GodAtHand
Again to repeat what has already been said, both characters have **** cycles and Zelda is just a better rapist.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I like both, I'll work them both into the quote section.

I feel unique as well as a Zelda, and the only one in the MD/VA region. It basically means that there are only a few trying to create the meta-game for the character. I am just trying to motivate some of the casual players who might think they aren't good enough or are unsure if they should start going to tournaments. They have the opportunity to be at the leading edge of a character, and there are not many opportunities like that.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
If I see another Zelda player anywhere, online or offline, I feel no sense of rivalry whatsoever between myself and the other player, I just want her to go as far as possible, whether in tournaments or not. I always get like this with unpopular characters who are under-represented.

I was like this with diddy and Peach (my secondaries), but they are starting to get a lot more attention now, whereas Zelda's has probably decreased. I lke it that way though. I think Zelda has this sense of mystery XD

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Sorry... just wasting space, not really contributing, but I wanted to say I really like what you are doing with this thread man. It's right up there with matchups and help with moves :)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I don't know if you are keeping an on-going list, but I think ZSS might be my final official secondary. Along with Peach and Sheik... Just picked her up over the weekend and she is too fun not to play.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Dave
Calgary, AB
No tournies here apparently :/
WiFi only: G&W, Pikachu, Olimar (Don't know their smash names)
Original. If I'm doing badly, black. If I'm ****** hard, blue.

I main Sheik equally as much as Zelda.

No true secondaries. Those two keep me busy.

Thirdlies? Captain Falcon, Samus, ZSS.

If it isn't obvious, hard-core casual Zelda. :p I'd tourney if I could.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Oh gosh, how this brought back memories.
It was more than a year ago that I made a Zelda Appreciation Thread, rather similar to this one.
It makes me a bit sad.

Enough of that though. Haha.

I suppose I should join since I do main Zelda. :3

H!ppy [or HipsterKid]
El Paso, Texas, United States
I don't. Casual player.
Jesus [Ike, Snake, Kirby], Kevin [Ike, Snake, Fox], and Stippy [Zelda, ZSS, ICs]
Stippy! [Zelda]
Redddddddd.
Of course I use Sheik! She's my second main. :D
And I use Zero Suit Samus, Peach, Ganondorf, Link, Pokemon Trainer, and an occasional Falco!

Bandit

Smash Lord
@Riot

Believe it or not, I do have a master tally count of the dress colors, secondaries and teammates, so yes knowing your secondaries added to it.

@RedSnowman

Thanks! As long as you guys keep chatting it up in here and giving me a reason to keep this thing updated, then this thread will thrive!

Updated: Hipster and SinkingHigher both have been added to the list and to their regional zones. Thanks for the info!

Somehow Link has made it onto the secondaries. I know he likes Zelda, but isn't it our responsibility as a strong woman character to turn a cold shoulder to a clumsy goon like him? I'm just messing around, but I know it isn't a coincidence. People like to try and keep the "couple together" (I'd like to see a Zelda/Link team named "Man" & "Wife" with Zelda having the tag "Man" --- Seems to right to me....)

Lastly, after the holiday, I will try and steer conversation onto random topics I can think of about Zelda and smash. You don't have to stick to them or anything, but I figured I would throw out conversation starters that way so this thread stays one of the most active threads on Zelda boards.

I will be putting up my own profile soon, so everyone finally gets to know the Bandit.

Also...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ZELDAS!!

Top Bottom