• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
YAYYYY OPETTTHHH!! <3

Hope Leaves and Window Pane and Coil were some of my favourites.

I never really got too into Metallica or metal in general for that matter, but maybe in another life megadeth and in flames would be my favourite bands.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I like:
Bedlight for Blue Eyes.
Paramore
Gackt
Atreyu (Old stuff is better than there new crappppppp)
Coheed and Cambria (My all time fav band)
Saosin
Chiodos
HORSE the Band
Powerglove
Cobra Starship
The Matches
The Sounds
From First to Last
He is Legend (again old stuff not their new stuff)

I used to be really into the music scene... I used to go to a concert at least once a month. Now that I started college there just isn't enough time or money for me to be doing that. Although I did go to a gigantic free concert in boston square last weekend. That was cool.

gm jack

Smash Lord
YAYYYY OPETTTHHH!! <3

Hope Leaves and Window Pane and Coil were some of my favourites.

I never really got too into Metallica or metal in general for that matter, but maybe in another life megadeth and in flames would be my favourite bands.
Metallica, Megadeth and In Flames are good to listen to, but they have just never caught my attention in a way bands like Opeth, Cynic, Blind Guardian and Iron Maiden have. That said, I don't listen to Maiden all that much any more, but they are still the best band I have even seen live.

I do go on and off metal, I wonder why I listen to death metal. Then I will find a new band, or simply pay more attention to a song I already have and my jaw will drop. The intro to this song is a perfect example. Fantastic riff, and then a pissed off demon bgin growling at you. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8oC86jQB5Q

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Haha GodAtHand, I had almost the exact same taste in music as you when I was about 15 or 16, band for band.

I kinda abandoned the emo and then metal scenes around that age. Makes me kinda wonder who long it'll be before I change again.

jack, I forgot about Iron Maiden. They are indeed quite special. The other two I do not know. I never got into people like Cannibal Corpse though. They always just seemed a little... redundant to me. I just didn't feel they had anything to say.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Cobra Starship
And I came here to make you dance tonight . . .

Anyhow, I listen primarily to

Pop (Including J-Pop and K-Pop on occasion)
Dance (including techno)
Latin (of wide varieties)
Hip-Hop and R&B
and assorted other songs, especially those with impressive vocals . . . and, yes, that includes some show tunes

I ADORE Xtina Aguilera, Michael Buble, Michael Jackson, P!nk, Kelly Clarkson, the Black Eyed Peas, La Quinta Estacion, Julieta Venegas, Juanes, Faith Hill, Reik and Shaniah Twain, among others.

Bandit

Smash Lord
My true musical tastes are extremely diverse but the majority of what I like is southern rock, classic rock, and I am just starting to get into the blues.

I've seen several bands in concert: .38 special, Molly Hatchet, Styx, The Speaks (DC Band), Ted Nugent, Blackfoot, Bon Jovi, & Big & Rich (best country group out there).

:sniper: :bandit: :uzi:

Bandit

Smash Lord
I hang out with a girl who can perfect the vocals on any Evanescence song on Rock Band. It's insane because I actually feel like the real lead singer is right next to me while playing.

:bandit:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'm wearing a head automatica shirt today and forgot to put them on my list lol.

Congratz to hedgedawg for picking out one of my favorites by Cobra, such a **** catchy song... I saw them in concert like... a year ago and the song was stuck in my head for 2 weeks.
The only musicals with tunes I enjoy are the Evil Dead Musical, Dr. Horribles Singalong Blog, and The Buffy Musical episode... Which I could sing without the episode playing or music lol... but no one would want that, trust me!

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I hang out with a girl who can perfect the vocals on any Evanescence song on Rock Band. It's insane because I actually feel like the real lead singer is right next to me while playing.

She sounds like Amy Lee? Danm, she must be pretty good then. I had no idea Rock Band had Evanescence songs. :laugh:

Bandit

Smash Lord
She sounds like Amy Lee? Danm, she must be pretty good then. I had no idea Rock Band had Evanescence songs. :laugh:
She claims she sucks then perfects a song turns around and goes "I hate you for making me do that." Yeah... sure... you just showed up everyone in the room and you hated it... I believe ya...

Evanescence has a download track pack.

Snakeee

Smash Master
oo I like talking about music. :)
My favorite bands include Eyes Set to Kill, Avenged Sevenfold, Silverstein, Nightwish, Within Temptation, and Bullet for my Valentine.

Bandit

Smash Lord
As for me, I play merengue on the guitar and the only type of music I like on it.
I don't think they have any of that on Rock Band, but very cool none-the-less. I'm just starting to learn the guitar which is why I got into the blues. Odd how a hobby can steer your interests.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I enjoy merengue.

The merengue version of Bandolero by Olga Tanon is hott..... minus her terrible english.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't think they have any of that on Rock Band, but very cool none-the-less. I'm just starting to learn the guitar which is why I got into the blues. Odd how a hobby can steer your interests.

SWEET

I enjoy merengue.

The merengue version of Bandolero by Olga Tanon is hott..... minus her terrible english.
This is the merengue I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVM4zFnf8o4&feature=channel_page

Not that weak stuff. This right here is hardcore, how he broke his string and still killed it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I would put out for Tanon if she wanted me to :)

edit:

unless, of course, michael Buble was in the imediate vicinity, in which case, I'd need to immediately melt at his feet.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I can't really talk about my tastes, either, because I like waaaaay too many things and not enough stand out. I can basically stand any kind of music except a bit of country and most rap.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Ok music! Yes like so many of the people on here, my taste are also extremely diverse.

Here's a list just to give you an idea:

Killswitch Engage
Caliban
The Rescues
Shakira
Armor for Sleep
Rachel Yamagata
As I Lay Dying
Moenia
Insite
Panda
Basshunger
Nightmare of You
Bullet for my Valentine
RBD
Breaking Benjamin
Tegan and Sara
Nightwish
Wintersun
Deftones
Avenged Sevenfold
All that Remains
From Autumn to Ashes
KaiserCartel
Circa Survive
Blink 182
Underoath
FrankMusik

Just some of my favorites. I like a little bit of everything.

Oh and I suggest this band Sinking and anyone else who's looking for something new to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp1Dk7nzs7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cmLfceGpJA

The band is called Passion Pit. Their first song is pretty catchy and I Love it! The second song is one of their slower and calmer songs. It's real relaxing. It's some good stuff in my opinion.

Just thought I would put it out there since we are in the subject of music and well if anyone cares. :p

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I listen to pretty much anything. My least favorite are probably rap and heavy metal, but I like some songs from those genres too.

As for my latest favorites: I just downloaded the overclocked remix of FFIV soundtrack which is awesome. Soundtrack music from animes/games/movies has in general risen in my books lately. I also found this japanese band Maximum the Hormone which makes very... interesting music.

oo I like talking about music. :)
My favorite bands include Eyes Set to Kill, Avenged Sevenfold, Silverstein, Nightwish, Within Temptation, and Bullet for my Valentine.
Nightwish
Nice! Which one do you prefer as the singer, Anette Olzon or Tarja Turunen?

Now for something unrelated: why isn't my picture in the front page already? (People also seem to have named their Zeldas so I baptised mine Queen Punishment)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yep I'll put in their very soon half-split. I can't do it right now but if you can link me to your profile post again that would be great because this thread seems to move sooo fast.

I'll do this music thing later on as well.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'll just pick out things from my Ipod:

Aphex Twin
Benny Blanko
Black Eyed Peas
Boards of Canada
Bob Marley
Calvin Harris
Chemical Brothers
Daft Punk
DJ Luck and MC Neat
Fatboy Slim
Florence and the Machine
The Go! Team
Gorillaz
Groove Armada
Incubus
Justice
The Knife
La Roux
M.I.A
Massive Attack
Morgan Geist
Nightmares on Wax
Norah Jones
Prince
Prodigy
Scott Matthews
Sigúr Ross
Snow Patrol
Thomas Newman <-- best film composer ever
Tricky

Yeah - I guess you can say I'm into electro stuff. I'm on the videogame music bandwagon as well like Okami, Ico, Genesis Sonic, Spyro, FF, Zelda and others that I've forgotten. This is my current guilty pleasure song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQdC7h609k8 I seriously CANNOT get it out of my head AT ALL >.<

edit: :mad:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The band is called Passion Pit. Their first song is pretty catchy and I Love it! The second song is one of their slower and calmer songs. It's real relaxing. It's some good stuff in my opinion.
They played in boston last week. I saw them! They were actually pretty **** good!

sasook

Smash Champion
Time to multiquote because since I check this thread once a day, I read about 3-4 pages per day. And firstly..

I swear too much happens in this thread while I'm gone.

I can't keep up with it. x_x
This. like 1000000000000000000000000000x this. X_X

Can you guys imagine if the chat were as active as this thread?

I'm not sure if this applies to anyone else, but when people were posting pics of themselves, did anyone else find that they didn't look anything like you expected them too? See, I usually form a mental image of what a person looks like, and seeing some of the pictures actually quite surprised me of how wrong my presumptions of them were.
Yeah, this has happened to me. xD

Among other things, I thought that Sucessor of Raphael was a girl. :embarrass
Lol

I assumed most people here and in the link chat and in the zelda chat and on the internet were white.

I think there are two white people here and in the link chat and in the zelda chat and on the internet.
Lol, like when you found out about me?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I can't really talk about my tastes, either, because I like waaaaay too many things and not enough stand out. I can basically stand any kind of music except a bit of country and most rap.
same here I suppose, though I can not take metal.

Top Bottom