• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Interview Thread - Y.b.M. Interview!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you'd pick out one thing that you feel you do better than all other ZSSs, what would it be?
Predict groundjumps and shielddrops.
Would you do Sakurai if he promised he'd make the next SSB extremely balanced?
Like every MU was like 50:50 (or 55:45 / 45:55).
No. If he'd let Kalas in the next game I probably would though.

Who could say no to this anyway?
This guy.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I don't think anyone asked you but...Why'd you pick ZSS in the first place? Also, why am I not on your list of favorite smashers? /gasps I'm def. awesome psh

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You're awesome as a person, but I just love their playstyles : (

Why I picked ZSS... Well, I guess I'll just give a rundown of all my characters.
In melee I played Link, Sheik and Fox. Trying out Link, he was way to slow, Sheik was weird and I've always continued to secondary Fox throughout Brawl.
So, as any typical newbie, I started out playing TL, Pit and MK. I always play with Chair, and he had a school club thingy of gamers, and brawl was (temporarily) played over there, and he wanted to play with some Falco, of course, for this he wanted Falco experience, so I decided to pick up Falco to help him, and he played pretty suweeet, so I sticked with him. (Eventually I learned that he's boring, which is the reason that I'm dropping him now)
After a while, I learned of Zero Suit, and to be quite frank, I've always liked characters like ZSS. The "alternate" playstyles, harder characters and stuff, so naturally, I was drawn to ZSS. I never really got into her until fairly recently though.
Afterwards, I picked up MK for his great amount of options. I'm probably not really getting into him though, because I found a new passion in POKEMON TRAINER. Everyone loves Pokemon. I'm probably going for a PT/ZSS team, or at least build towards it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Xonar interview over, currently editing it for the main post, nominations begin once again!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Why did you guys pay m2k to take your money?

What is Australia like?

Have you ever fought a kangaroo?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Are we gonna have an epic party/zss meetup when you come to the US?

Fave anime of ALL TIME?

Fave song of all time AND at the moment?

Why did you decide to main ZSS?

Why don't more people party with us on IRC? :C

zApollo

Smash Ace
Zero, just what happened to you at 'This is It'? Are you still that good?

Browny

Smash Hater
Do you feel proud living in the Mardi Gras capital of the world?

How do I add a highlight to text on mirc?

Whats your favourite ZSS custom texture?

When are you going to change your name back to zero?

Whats more important, opening ones mind or freeing their inhibitions?

Zero

Smash Hero
Why did you guys pay m2k to take your money?
The original idea with that was that we would sponsor his flight to Australia, through player donations, and he would play in our tournament, but not win any prize money. This is because many Australians felt that allowing him access to the prize pot would seem unjust to the placing Australians who would otherwise have a shot at the money.

I can't remember how it went, but as I recall it, M2K accepted that deal, then proceeded to go back on it and negotiated the deal to allow him access to the prize. To counter this, M2K had prize restrictions of 30% in each event that he placed 1st in.

Also I can't stress enough that it was player donations. There was quite a bit of dissent in the community about this sponsorship, especially contention about the prize money and the detracted hype. People did retract their donations. But on the other hand, we had 2 or 3 sponsors who gave $300-$400 each, which was really quite amazing.

Anyway, there's a bit of context. As to why, the prevailing motivation was to let Australia taste what American Smash had to offer. The majority of us will never go to America to play Smash and so we wanted to experience just how different our players really were. Playing against M2K and watching our top players crumble against him was quite sobering really. Many players become disheartened after playing him, which I think was the opposite reaction that was intended.

But while M2K is too good, our top players proved that we're not absolute trash, as one managed to bring Hall, another American who attended this tournament, to the last game.

tl;dr: We want to get better and we need an international benchmark for improvement and some inspiration.

What is Australia like?
It's like the satisfying feeling you get when you see a cute girl walk past, followed by the disappointment that you felt when you realised you are not capable to pursue her.

You can apply this to almost every aspect of Australian life.

"We're pretty economically well off, generally food and resource-secure and have access to all the resources a modern state could provide." :)

"But quite a large minority of the indigenous population live in poverty, with a terrible standard of living and quite a lower life expectancy, education rate and a much higher crime and abuse rate than the rest of the country." :(

"We're officially a multicultural society!" :)

"But a large majority of the population exhibit racist and xenophobic babble about immigrants, asylum seekers and non-whites. These people still have a major influence over the politics of this country, as proven by the most recent election." :(

"Our Communications Minister is a braindead dropkick who can't take a loss and will adamantly and frivolously fight for his unfeasible internet filter." :(

"We will never have fast internet." :(

so on and so forth.

Have you ever fought a kangaroo?
If you see a kangaroo, you do what we do; run.

Are we gonna have an epic party/zss meetup when you come to the US?
Hella yeah! I can't wait. :D

Fave anime of ALL TIME?
Simoun, without a question. No, it's not because of the shouju-ai element, although I'll admit that was originally why I watched it. >.>

Second place is Code Geass R1.

Fave song of all time AND at the moment?
THIS IS SUCH A TOUGH QUESTION!

While I can't lie, I listened to this song for a good 5-6 hours today, so I guess I'll post that.

f(x) - Chu~♡

I've really been feeling God Knows... lately though. Argh so many good songs!

All time though...

Jpop: KOTOKO - Face of Fact
Western: Alexisonfire - Control

Why did you decide to main ZSS?
I've been a hardcore Metroid fanatic since I was 10 or 11 when I first played Metroid Fusion. I played Samus in Melee for the whole 7 years before Brawl came out, albeit in casuals with my friends and family. I discovered there was a competitive Melee scene approximately a year before Brawl came out, when I discovered the "Advanced How to Play" series by Wak. I decided to wait until Brawl came out before getting into the competitive scene. (That was actually a good decision since in 2007, there was no Smash scene in my region!)

Out came Brawl and I had already decided to main Samus/Zero Suit Samus combo. Playing with Samus though, was absolutely garbage. I could not get over how bad she was. So I dropped Samus for Zero Suit Samus solo and I've never looked back. Maybe left and right, but not back. :D

<3 ZSS

Why don't more people party with us on IRC? :C
I think they're just intimidated by us. We're quite ferocious, you know? /rawr

Zero IYHO, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being especially and 10 being epically, how sucky is your new name?
1 :(

I like it...

Zero, just what happened to you at 'This is It'? Are you still that good?
I practiced a lot of Smash during that time period; I was really really hyped and pumped for Robocop. While my placing in the bracket at Robocop was really disappointing to me, I made it up (to me) by 2-stocking Corpse's Toon Link and only barely losing to his Snake. I also made it up to my state by being the MVP in our crew battle vs. VIC, by taking 5 stocks.

Watch out for me in the next few months, I'm really feeling the drive to improve now and I think I could make 3rd on our PR in that time.

To actually answer your question, no, I'm not as good as I was at TII2. I'm better. :)

Do you feel proud living in the Mardi Gras capital of the world?
feels liberating man :bee:

How do I add a highlight to text on mirc?
Tools > Address Book > Click on the Highlights tab > Check the "Enable Highlights" box.

You're welcome. :D

Whats your favourite ZSS custom texture?
Believe it or not, I dislike the dominatrix one. I'm not a fan of that particular branch of BDSM... As for the others, let's leave them out of this. :p

As for my favourite...

oh my goodness, was searching Kitty Corps for this one I was playing as at one tournament...

My favourite one that I have is Yoko -

oh my gosh the miku <333333

When are you going to change your name back to zero?
I messaged Virgiligdajsd-whatever-his-name-is about it yesterday. Get excited. :p

Whats more important, opening ones mind or freeing their inhibitions?
On one hand, opening your mind can make you more comfortable with yourself. It makes you more willing to explore and think. Through this reflection, it can make it easier to free yourself from inhibition. On the other hand, freeing your inhibition is often the first step in opening your mind. I think neither one is more important than the other and that they are both necessary.

Why does it feel like I'm writing for HS English again...? >.>

M O A R !

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Why are you the worst?
Why are you so bad?
When are you going to host a MBAA day?
$5 MBAA MM?
Bwork dungeon tomorrow?

Top Bottom