• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
You could try. No guarantees, though. :laugh:

As long as you know what a MDL0 is and where to find some, you should be fine.
Well that's a double no. Haha.

I know this is the stage hacking thread, but let me be the first to say I think it would be awesome if Lighting from FFXIII could be in Brawl. I'd love to design it. :3 But that's pretty much impossible.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
That's so awesome! And it's 3D, now if only there were a way to bring back the original 12 polygons... or polygon textures.
Which brings on something that's been on my mind for a while. Would the shadow textures work as character models too, or do they glitch/freeze?

I'd probably be better off asking this in the Brawlbox thread or trying it myself. :p

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
It was a handful of posts under that one. There ya' go :D
I've played with it. This stage has no bones to modify the positions of the platforms.
The mdl file for 311vAdvCliff01 - polygon0 is the platforms. There's no bones attached so I cant move them at all :/ I guess you need to be a 3D modeler to do it, and in that case I'm useless. :(

amars464

Smash Rookie
I've played with it. This stage has no bones to modify the positions of the platforms.
The mdl file for 311vAdvCliff01 - polygon0 is the platforms. There's no bones attached so I cant move them at all :/ I guess you need to be a 3D modeler to do it, and in that case I'm useless. :(
Ah, thanks for looking at it though. I think it will be fine with just the rough collision I put around the lower platform. In the end I kind of like them there anyways, it makes it so it isn't just another Final Destination pretty much.

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
It'd still be better if the left platform was higher off the ground. It's honestly a bit annoying :p You run into it like its a wall and your character stops. they don't run through it

also, replace the item gen file from that to a regular one. **** sandbag screws with teh camera too much

amars464

Smash Rookie
also, replace the item gen file from that to a regular one. **** sandbag screws with teh camera too much
So I replaced it with the one from just the regular Onett (Melee) Stage, and it didn't fix anything. I've just been using a code to remove the sandbag.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Could explain exactly what an MDL0 is? And where to find some?
I'm not a big professional myself, but I can tell you that an MDL0 is a model format used in some Nintendo Games. I believe there was a guide to which ones had them... Also, it is illegal to distribute MDL0's, so I don't think you're gonna get any links or anything.

QUESTION TO OTHER PEOPLE: Is it illegal to rip MDL0's from the games you have?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm not a big professional myself, but I can tell you that an MDL0 is a model format used in some Nintendo Games. I believe there was a guide to which ones had them... Also, it is illegal to distribute MDL0's, so I don't think you're gonna get any links or anything.

QUESTION TO OTHER PEOPLE: Is it illegal to rip MDL0's from the games you have?
Legality is would vary by country, but its legality would be debatable assuming you're in the U.S., I'm pretty sure. However, it's not like there's absolutely any way anyone could know if you did. You'll probably need to use that one hbc app to rip it, though, since most DVD drives can't recognize Wii discs.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Legality is would vary by country, but its legality would be debatable assuming you're in the U.S., I'm pretty sure. However, it's not like there's absolutely any way anyone could know if you did. You'll probably need to use that one hbc app to rip it, though, since most DVD drives can't recognize Wii discs.
Yeah, I don't know why I really asked that. I don't really care if it's legal anyway. XD

But let me ask you this: What is the homebrew app called? I've never heard of it before.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I figured as much, dang. That would have been awesome.

But I still want to make stages too. :) I'm just nervous on how to start.
Don't be i was nervous when i was making stormy destination but it turned out great :chuckle:

Yeah, I don't know why I really asked that. I don't really care if it's legal anyway. XD

But let me ask you this: What is the homebrew app called? I've never heard of it before.
Wiiscruber i think or am i confusing it with something else?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
MDL0 resizer, I believe. Might have to hunt it down in the MDL0 thread with the search function, but searching "mdl0 resizer" should be sufficient.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
New Stage
If i did a awesome Green Hills over BF, why not over FD:
Green Hill Destination:

It has a marster esmerald too :D

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
THAT REMINDS ME! I need to finish the collisions on my Sonic stages so I can release them I almost forgot,

I did Meteor Herd, Aquatic Mine, and Bingo Highway and I was supposed to release them a while ago, ah well Ill release them tommorow I guess :p or later today Lool

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
New Stage
If i did a awesome Green Hills over BF, why not over FD:
Green Hill Destination:

It has a marster esmerald too :D
mmm' tasty! i wantznaaaaaaaaaaao!
Hey I have another Green Hill idea for you, how about green isle delfinoo isle or green eldin bridge or since you like doing neutral stages how about green hill stadium 1 and 2??

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
mmm' tasty! i wantznaaaaaaaaaaao!
Hey I have another Green Hill idea for you, how about green isle delfinoo isle or green eldin bridge or since you like doing neutral stages how about green hill stadium 1 and 2??
well you see, that is beacause i have a very good idea from isle delfino(something like a Sonic Adventure 1 world, i mean, parts from Station Square for the building ,beach from esmerald cost, etc) and about bridge of eldin i have this:

shock44

Smash Journeyman
THAT REMINDS ME! I need to finish the collisions on my Sonic stages so I can release them I almost forgot,

I did Meteor Herd, Aquatic Mine, and Bingo Highway and I was supposed to release them a while ago, ah well Ill release them tommorow I guess :p or later today Lool
ooo, I'd like to see those.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I decided to do Melee Peach's Castle instead of Melee Great Bay for now. I ripped the textures from Melee and ripped a Peach's Castle model from Mario Kart.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is my stage thread. I think I'll take Orange.

First Stage Hack:
----<Falcon Fall!!!!!>----

http://www.mediafire.com/?cjv0myumi3g

Basically what it is is Final Destination... Without the Final Destination. You're basically falling in space, because I removed the stage and moved the death boundaries WAAAAAY far down. I made it to be used with Max Onslaught Captain Falcon, who has infinite jumps and aerial specials. Technically you could use other people, but just don't go into free fall, or you're screwed until you run into the side.

Sorry no pics, but I don't know how to convert the picture files from brawl into jpegs...

Fen__

Smash Ace

Wifi Dumper or something to that effect. I'm not sure since I've never used it. It basically streams the dump to a comp from your Wii as it happens, to my understanding.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
hmm, i made a stage by taking different stage builder models, and moving the models around in BBox, but when i play the stage in-game, all of the pieces are put together into one pile. they seem to be moved just fine in the collision editor. any help?

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Meteor Herd

Can someone please help me with this stage, its fine except the textures are wrong (for some odd reason) and the main platform is not in the proper location, those are the only 2 problems and then I can release this along with Bingo Highway and another Sonic Stage, so any help would be very appreciated, I really need it Lol

Top Bottom