• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Er. I dunno if saying this will amount to much, and maybe it's not my place to suggest this, but maybe a change in BBR members might help. As in, whoever you guys consider worthy of being there.

Just a random thought... I don't mind the current BBR members... But, you know.

Yeah. Shuting up now.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah. I'd honestly prefer MK over D3. But if MK was banned, I can't even begin to imagine the advancement of the metagame. But even as much as I hate the ****er, he isn't banworthy... yet, anyway.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
The game also takes us to Sudden Death when there's a tie, that doesn't seem to stop you from changing that.

You're using a (dumb) criteria in selective scenarios instead of globally.
:laugh:
10counterhits

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Read this post (Mindgames son)

I'm gonna actually try to get videos of people playing on these stages... what i get from the stages is what my stance will be in the end.
This is an abridged version of a thread MetalMusicMan put together in the BBR.
I've posted this outside the BBR before, and it's not particularly alarming of anything. It's merely a research project MMM undertook himself.

Youtube playlist link: http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMusicMan04#grid/user/4C844C810AE48743

They're all uploaded, 32 in total.

I'm posting this so that people can watch these and take what they want from them as research or fun or whatever. Please don't take anything I list here as me thinking that I have "the best empirical evidence" for any of my opinions. These are simply for whatever information that people can learn from watching them.

Specific matches that seemed to have significantly "interesting" things happen (TLDR folks look here):

FAE vs TP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENq8nURoFc

Legan vs Nicole 1.1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1oVChrcIS4#t=3m38s

MetalMusicMan vs Legan 1.1 & 1.2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXxVVq1TFE

MetalMusicMan vs Legan 1.3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OdAA17IcJg
Up to MMM if he wants to post the rest.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
If MK gets banned, this'll likely happen:
- Everyone jumps Marth
- Some people jump Dedede cuz he counters Marth; Falco for even MUs
- People decide to use ICs, Olimar, and Falco to combat Dedede
- Others pick up Snake and Diddy to beat ICs, Peach and Luigi to beat Olimar, and Pikachu plus some more Marth to beat Falco
- Influxes of Snake, Diddy, Marth, Peach, Luigi, Marth, and Pikachu's counters are suddenly used
- Influxes of said counter's counters are used to combat the aforementioned counters

HOLY **** LOOK AT THAT METAGAME

With MK not banned, this happens:
- Player 1 mains a bunch of high tier characters
- Player 2 uses MK
- Player 1 uses MK too

With MK out of the picture, I think Marth's gonna take that number 1 spot, but we WILL very likely see a very healthy, diverse metagame.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
- Everyone jumps Marth
- Others pick up Snake and Marth to beat ICs, Peach and Luigi to beat Olimar, and Pikachu plus some more Marth to beat Falco
- Influxes of Snake, Marth, Peach, Luigi, Marth, and Pikachu's coutners are suddenly used
- Influxes of said counter's counters are used to combat the aforementioned counters

- Player 2 uses MK
- Player 1 uses MK too

With MK out of the picture, I think Marth's gonna take that number 1 spot, but we WILL very likely see a very healthy, diverse metagame.
This sounds like wut happened in SSF4 with the nerfed Sagat.

edit: then again, maaad characters got nerfed... self-nullification.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
- Everyone jumps Marth
- Others pick up Snake and Diddy to beat ICs, Peach and Luigi to beat Olimar, and Pikachu plus some more Marth to beat Falco
- Influxes of Snake, Diddy, Marth, Peach, Luigi, Marth, and Pikachu's counters are suddenly used

- Player 2 uses MK
- Player 1 uses MK too

This times 1000

.AC.

Smash Lord
- Everyone jumps Marth

- Player 2 uses MK
- Player 1 uses MK too

snake doesn't have any bad matchups, why would marth be over him?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
As Vyse posted, anyone who wants to is welcome to view the videos of my "gay stages test tourney" or slope chaingrab tests. They are public on my youtube channel.

www.youtube.com/metalmusicman04
K.

D3 has a harder time getting a grab but if he does it's a free stock on most characters. Falco can 0-death many characters with dthrow (repeat) -> fsmash. And IIRC Yoshi can GR CG just about anyone to the blast zone. Pikachu has a fun here, too.

Sounds like a completely fair CP to me.

Edit: I'm pretty sure all you have to do is dashgrab and you won't have such a hard time grabbing them.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
LOL snake isn't anywhere close to losing to olimar, as for ddd the matchup is arguably even.
lolwut

Pretty sure it's common knowledge that D3 beats Snake. As for Oli, *****es don't know about my man L_Cancel.

Aka Oli does well against Snake.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
what notable snakes have any of the olimar mains beaten in tournament?

other than fatal and candy because those dudes have lost to everyone

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I don't see why PS2 is even arguably not a counterpick stage. Everything else seems reasonably up for debate but the only real problem with PS2 is like Marth's dancing blade glitch lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
haha the brawl backroom is such a joke

no one's gonna use this ruleset anyway, so why worry about it? those of you who are actual players shouldn't worry about it, let the theoryheads accumulate their post counts and go back to having fun with your game

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I don't see why PS2 is even arguably not a counterpick stage. Everything else seems reasonably up for debate but the only real problem with PS2 is like Marth's dancing blade glitch lol
At the air mode part, if there is a MK on the screen he should kill you.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ugh, time to post my opinions >_>

pirate ship is dumb overall because in an intense match it can be hard to see a hazard, and the floaty part+water camping just isn't fair

PS2's physics changes are way to drastic, often changing entire characters and MUs because of how much the stage effects the game

norfair is norfair, gay but people too stubborn to get rid of it

even though my character benefits way too much from luigi's mansion, i still would wanna see it banned, the fact that entire MUs will be played around abusing the stage is way too much

im happy to see PTAD

japes is japes, lol, dumb stage, hate it but can't find a good reason to say its ban-able

distant planet=dumb in general, basically in some MUs a character literally can only play on the middle of the stage otherwise they will get instant death by CG, also the bottom of the slope is a very broken camping spot for a lot of characters

i have only played green greens in a serious set once and my character can't really be abused by it, no opinion

yoshi's island melee...ugh, its probably not going to ever be seen in tourney sets anyway

I thought stages were supposed to give advantages to characters but not over-centralize meta-games, apparently i have been wrong this whole time

new suicide rules are meh

and finally, mk has no ledge grab limit...wtf

sunshade

Smash Ace
There is a very large misconception going on right now.

Its the idea that adding stages which are slightly better than average for Metaknight makes him better in some way. They don't in fact they make him worse. I can explain this using logic and reason and its actually very simple to understand.

Lets say we are in the typical 3 game set. Player 1 is Metaknight and player 2 is anyone else.

Now its Metaknight's turn to counterpick. Player 2 now must ban a stage, in this scenario he bans Rainbow Cruise (Metaknight's best stage).

Metaknight now needs to pick a stage he wants to go to. He can only pick one stage so he wants to pick the best possible stage for him. Due to Rainbow Cruise being banned however he must go to his second best stage instead. So Metaknight is going to head on over to Brinstar or depending on the match-up norfair (but more often than not brinstar).

Now Metaknight as you may notice tried to pick his absolute best stage. But because he could not he had to pick his second best. All of the stages added are irrelevant due to them not being better than his best or second best stage and as a result they don't actually buff him (since he will only pick his best or second best stage assuming he is playing as optimal as possible).

Other characters however gain strong advantages from these stages which do not aid Metaknight more than his best or second best. For example Falco now may pick Jungle Japes which is his best stage. This will get banned and he will now be able to fight Metaknight on his former best stage Final Destination thus buffing Falco in the match-up.

Other characters like Donkey kong who preform well on luigi's mansion now may take Metaknight to their preferred stage of choice due to metaknight most likely banning the mansion thus boosting DK.

Diddy kong and pictochat. I am sure you get the idea by now.

This applies to many characters and as a result strengthens many characters by allowing them to fight on a stronger stage than normal when fighting Metaknight. Metaknight however still has his two strongest stages unchanged and as a result is not buffed.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
It was good the first time, but move on M3. It's not wombo combo material.
I posted a profile link so they could look at the videos pertaining to these stages from my tests with them. They're in their own playlist.

That tech video is just what shows up on the main profile page.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
There is a very large misconception going on right now.

Its the idea that adding stages which are slightly better than average for Metaknight makes him better in some way. They don't in fact they make him worse. I can explain this using logic and reason and its actually very simple to understand.

Lets say we are in the typical 3 game set. Player 1 is Metaknight and player 2 is anyone else.

Now its Metaknight's turn to counterpick. Player 2 now must ban a stage, in this scenario he bans Rainbow Cruise (Metaknight's best stage).

Metaknight now needs to pick a stage he wants to go to. He can only pick one stage so he wants to pick the best possible stage for him. Due to Rainbow Cruise being banned however he must go to his second best stage instead. So Metaknight is going to head on over to Brinstar or depending on the match-up norfair (but more often than not brinstar).

Now Metaknight as you may notice tried to pick his absolute best stage. But because he could not he had to pick his second best. All of the stages added are irrelevant due to them not being better than his best or second best stage and as a result they don't actually buff him (since he will only pick his best or second best stage assuming he is playing as optimal as possible).

Other characters however gain strong advantages from these stages which do not aid Metaknight more than his best or second best. For example Falco now may pick Jungle Japes which is his best stage. This will get banned and he will now be able to fight Metaknight on his former best stage Final Destination thus buffing Falco in the match-up.

Other characters like Donkey kong who preform well on luigi's mansion now may take Metaknight to their preferred stage of choice due to metaknight most likely banning the mansion thus boosting DK.

Diddy kong and pictochat. I am sure you get the idea by now.

This applies to many characters and as a result strengthens many characters by allowing them to fight on a stronger stage than normal when fighting Metaknight. Metaknight however still has his two strongest stages unchanged and as a result is not buffed.
****, i was waiting for the whole "MK is godly" argument to come up again before posting something like this, but you said it pretty **** well anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom