• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I get the same error. It says that the texture file has no palette, I'm going to try something really quickly...

Okay, deleting the "palette" line in my .tcs did not help. I'll try something different.

Alright... changing the type to the other kind of _9.tga texture also did not work.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Your texture is a "_9.tga" file. It must have indexed colours.

"_14.tga" files are easier (you just need to save it 32bits/pixel). Try with it first.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the .tcs for a "_14.tga" file is something like this :

file 0 = 01Collar\txt_0038_14.tga
image 0 = 0, 0, CMPR
texture 0 = 0, x

dexia

Smash Apprentice
Dexia habla español? LoL

no sabia que eras de chile

dexia, porque no haces mas hacks?
solo se hacer hacks de audio, nunca e entendido bien como hacer texturas, bueno solo le heche una mirada rapida a la guia pero por ahora no tengo tiempo para interiorizarme en el tema, almenos hasta las vacaciones.

que bueno q alguien mas hable español aqui :D

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
speaking of indexed textures. Is there another program like tpl_insert that will do _8 _9 and account for the annoying palette stuff. even whe i do those manually it comes out a little off. And texconv wont work on +2 files the (CSP) for me, i've indexed and followed the directions but i cant even get the tpl i get an error "Numtex=0" this is an old problem.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Comprendo Español y puedo hablar Español también pero prefiero hablar Inglés ! ^^
My English is not very good... My Spanish is worse.

@L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s : You're welcome !

@TheDekuNut : I've the same problem with tpl insert.. I do _8 and _9 manually...
But I don't have problem with texconv. Can you make a screen of your error ?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Disregard, I have no idea where this second page came from. O_o
Keeping up anyway.
~~~~

Image -> Mode -> Indexed Color...

Palette: Local (Perceptual) OR Exact
Colors: 256 (or less)
Forced: None
[ ] Transparency

Matte: None
Dither: None
Amount: ___%
[ ] Preserve Exact Colors

If the texture you are editing has transparency, give it a Magenta background (ff00ff in the color picker). And... yeah.

ILM

Smash Journeyman
What hex editor do you guys suggest I use? I'm trying to insert the tpls into PlMsBk, but I need something that can actually copy and paste. I'm open to commercial or freeware applications, just whatever works best.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
True.. (I don't pay)
What do you use ?
a bunch I've tried are:
Sweetscape 010 editor (30 days)
hex editor Neo (buy feature)
(anything on 10001downloads.com)

but I use HxD :(
^ I want one that highlights hex

I'm searching again though...
I've seen a few others out there :/

I'll let you know of any 100% free, no trial period hex editors if I find any...
else, O'll prbly learn GUI progging and shove these other losers into the ground :3

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s,

Dude, I saw the screenshot of your windows and stuff, and I must say, that is an AWESOME theme. What are you using to achieve it? Could you tell me how to get my comp to look like that? Windows 7 home premium (32x)

Thanks.

Sorry off topic.

GameWatching

Smash Ace

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I think I'm getting the hang of this template creation stuff :p

I got it down to the relocation table before putting it in an endless loop,
and nearly crashing my cpu <:D

^that means I messed up and have to redo everything :p

hot$

Smash Ace
I think you may just be dumb XD jk jk
^I can't be mean for crap :p

but yea,
in dolphin, set the directory of your file by clicking 'Browse'

but if you want something more "Permenant" then go to 'Settings' and 'Paths'
and set your directory in that :)

thank you, the iso is now showing up in my dolphin. but I must be a huge idiot, cause I know i read that you, use the dolphin to check the textures, but when I dump them( I guess that is what i'm supposed to do) Unless I am somehow not properly dumping them. They aren't showing up anywhere in any folder.. aghhh i'm so new to this..

im bad.

help? <3

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
thank you, the iso is now showing up in my dolphin. but I must be a huge idiot, cause I know i read that you, use the dolphin to check the textures, but when I dump them( I guess that is what i'm supposed to do) Unless I am somehow not properly dumping them. They aren't showing up anywhere in any folder.. aghhh i'm so new to this..

im bad.

help? <3
.../Dolphin/user/dump/textures :)

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
solo se hacer hacks de audio, nunca e entendido bien como hacer texturas, bueno solo le heche una mirada rapida a la guia pero por ahora no tengo tiempo para interiorizarme en el tema, almenos hasta las vacaciones.

que bueno q alguien mas hable español aqui :D
yo creo que los hacks de audio esta muy muy olvidado

sinceramente no me gustan los de 14 min

yo e empezado ahora ha hacer hacks de audio, pero aun no los subire hasta que complete la iso

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
haha, its np. i appreciate the help.. i think i am off to dreamland too.
KK now that I can think better... XD
try checking the video plugin.

in dolphin, go to 'gfx/advanced' and check 'Dump Textures'
^then look in the directory :)

unless you're using the DX plugin...
that above is the GL plugin (what I use)...
not sure exactly how the DX plugin works :/

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I got a quick problem, was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I got a new-ish Wii game, Samurai Warriors 3. When I play it, it forces an update on my Wii. After the update, my GC Backup Launcher doesn't work. To make it work, I delete the stuff off the SD card and put it all back on, reinstall it, and it works. but then SamWar will make me try and update again when I put it in.

Basically, I can only play Hack'd Melee OR SamWar, and not both without going through this BS. Any advice? Do I need to update something or can I bypass auto updates or something?

once again thanks for all your hard work... it's amazing

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
can i get those who are interesting in melee hacking to IM me or PM me or something? I'm trying to move forward with maybe (big big big maybe) getting something for you guys here on SWF. But I need your input and need it somewhat quickly. So please IM or PM me when you get a chance.

edit: this a call for those that do hacking.

Milun

Smash Ace
Well, I'd love to help, but the best I can offer is a finished site with my research on it (50% done so far).

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I got a quick problem, was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I got a new-ish Wii game, Samurai Warriors 3. When I play it, it forces an update on my Wii. After the update, my GC Backup Launcher doesn't work. To make it work, I delete the stuff off the SD card and put it all back on, reinstall it, and it works. but then SamWar will make me try and update again when I put it in.

Basically, I can only play Hack'd Melee OR SamWar, and not both without going through this BS. Any advice? Do I need to update something or can I bypass auto updates or something?

once again thanks for all your hard work... it's amazing
I believe StartPatch stops the Nintendo disc updates.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i like melee hacking but i'm pretty sure i'm underqualified. also

The Golden Gun

i found all the placements for the gun in the PlFc.dat. the slide part is a _9 and i cant figure it out. i know where the placement is located just not how to hack it. Steelia doesnt have things like the space animal guns and link's bombs and such posted with the other packages so i thought i would find it myself. Is there a place with these kinds of packages with the placements known? If not, i guess i'll find some others too.

and the package close to steelia's format (you can put this on that page if you wish Steelia) i tried to label most of the parts the best i could
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VOGKCEN0

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
awe yeah i love the peaches texture. I think i might have come across a picture of link's bombs textured to look like tp but otherwise it seems like no one has textured things like this correct me if i'm wrong. i think i want to get young link's milk jar also. And much love to Tcll. I'm no good a keeping secrets cause i love feedback. still in progress this is for the rofls.

wish we could add vertexes : /

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
awe yeah i love the peaches texture. I think i might have come across a picture of link's bombs textured to look like tp but otherwise it seems like no one has textured things like this correct me if i'm wrong. i think i want to get young link's milk jar also. And much love to Tcll. I'm no good a keeping secrets cause i love feedback. still in progress this is for the rofls.

wish we could add vertexes : /
really nice :D <3

and be patient, it'll come ;)

Milun

Smash Ace
..............................uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.............................................. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............

Top Bottom