• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Virgman & Artic Fox should be on the fox list. But I'm not sure if they play anymore. You Florida players will have to answer that for me.

Also they spelled Mata's name wrong, LOL. Theres no "e"

I need to rep my IC more..... -_-;

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont think virg plays anymore

man...looking at this list makes me miss not going to any OOS tourneys even more. July is so far away :(

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
you are on it
What? No offense to MX, but he really hasn't done enough to be put on this list yet. As of right now, Firefly, Hades, Slush, and Z'zgashi have more results than him. It doesn't seem right for him to be on this list now.

And why is my name still not fixed? :glare:

:069:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I love my man MX, but it's a crime not to put Hades ahead of him. IMO, MX would be #5 if one was generous. He needs signature wins in his own state. Hades has beaten PR Midwest players. No offense to you Mike, but we've spoken about this before.

For Mario, Vato may or may not be #3 and if he is, XeroXen is #4. Maybe Kanzaki (supatony) at 5.

I'd put Cr4sh up at 4 for weegee but he's quit and iirc, Hilt has finished as well.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It matters a lot to me, though. I don't want to be remembered as "Poltergeist." That's why I always get angry whenever my name is spelled/pronounced wrongly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wrongly isnt a word polt... >.>

And dont worry, I'll always remember you as the phantom filled vacuum.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
And all the other Yoshi mains will remember you as he who doesn't shower. <3

I would've thought MX to be a top 5 Yoshi candidate myself TBH. He doesn't have a lot of results, but the ones he does have are pretty good IIRC. Didn't he get 5th at a tournament a few months ago with some pretty decent players? =s

:005:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, but for a player to be on this list he should have many results and place consistently high. At the very least, you and Hades should be above him. The 5th spot is a toss-up between everyone else, really.

And wrongly is a word, Z'zgashi. =)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
And all the other Yoshi mains will remember you as he who doesn't shower. <3
:005:
Polt doesn't shower because he's afraid of getting exposed in the dorm showers again.

You guys have no idea how much Polt is raging right now at the mere thought of being called "Poltergeist."

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I doubt I have to BE there, to know how hard he's raging.

In other news annoying our character boards mod over Skype worked, we might possibly make a Top 5 Yoshi PR.

bigman40

Smash Master
If it that's much of a problem, then don't list a top 5 for Yoshis. Besides, I said MX as I believe he's the best candidate for someone who's been tettering on inactive/active. He's placed good enough to claim 5th in a fairly good region, so I don't see the problem in doing that.

And before you even think about it, don't you dare say I should be up on the list.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'd like to challenge this fifth placing.
Be my guest

Reason I didn't put you in the top 5 is because Tsuteto had recent results.
Really?! Where!?!

Tsuteto still plays? Last I heard of him was back in mid '08.
Yo.

Yea, he still goes out to tourneys and gets pretty nice results.
>>See your first quoted text<<

I honestly dunno what to do with spots 4 & 5 but I think they're deserving for now lol.
>>See first half of your first quoted text<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All joking aside, I'm not really one to be considered right now in a top 5 position. I'm honored to be thought of in such a manner, truly I am. But my Zelda nowadays is nowhere as good as it was in '08, having left in June of '08 (LDS Mission). I've got a bit to improve upon, and that's only IF I wish to right now. My life is moving forward, and while I might try to make a tourney here and there, I'm in no way making it a priority of my life as of this moment (debt kind of does that to ya).

If I am fully active once again (I've only participated in two tournaments since I've gotten back in June of '10), then I'll be honored to be considered once again. But as of this moment, I do not belong on such a list that carries the prestige along with it.

And, in my defense, yes, I did online matches, but I was participating monthly in our tournaments, having averaged 5th, IIRC in the three I attended before I left. So, that's five tournaments in three years, our players only really having gotten recognition within the last year if you're (might I add in "childishly") adding in the fact of well known players, being the primary way, to get on such a list.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. But, once again, I'm just requesting to be removed from this list for the time being.

And <3s to Scary for giving me the main humor of my quote-replies. No offense to you at all, and I'm also honored for you defending me ^^

Wrongly isnt a word polt... >.>
*jumps on the bandwagon*

That correction would be wrongly done.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
vids of this K9. I demand them.

Also I can name several Links on the spot with more offline experience than X.
Like seriously, who gives a **** about how many scrubs' "best of lists" someone is on rofl
Blubba, Lawz, Pulse, M4ge, Tempest and so on. Some of them lacks activity lately, but it's not like it matters much anyways. The level of accomplishments drops pretty far after ALSM

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, Im not a top 5 yoshi. As much as I'd love to be that good (and <3 Polt for mentioning me), im really not. I lack a lot of experience having only played the people in my area, and the only reason I place well is because ive learned the MUs for the characters played around here. If I were to fight any character Im not familiar with, I'd get owned. Besides, I dont have any wins over notable players except that one time a long time ago where I beat X, but I lost to him the second time we played in the bracket 2-0 anyway. :p

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
vids of this K9. I demand them.

Also I can name several Links on the spot with more offline experience than X.
Like seriously, who gives a **** about how many scrubs' "best of lists" someone is on rofl
Blubba, Lawz, Pulse, M4ge, Tempest and so on. Some of them lacks activity lately, but it's not like it matters much anyways. The level of accomplishments drops pretty far after ALSM
None of them are active enough in tourneys. Besides Tempest who came back but hasn't been using Link.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
going by results (wins/losses) -- me and t0mmy are about tied for first (hard to tell though since he doesnt post his results and "sandbags" most of the time anyway)

going by skill id say t0mmy and stingers should be tied for 1st considering i havnt used rob seriously since mlgdc (4 months?), take me off the list.

1/2 - t0mmy/stingers
3 - chibo
4 - mister eric
5 - no idea lol

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I still feel 8bitman should be considered for five on ROB. He's placing in top 10 in South Florida and he goes toe to toe with PR'd players down here.(8/10 of which is SFL).

:rosalina:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
None of them are active enough in tourneys. Besides Tempest who came back but hasn't been using Link.
Everyone still likes to give X hell, but he's made an effort to go offline, and he's done well. X is, in my opinion, a top 5 Link, and I've played Tempest, Mage, Legan, Kirin, Blubba, Chris, etc. He's got rough edges, but he's more than capable with a little polish and some more experience.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
uh well he gets top 2 @ those san antonio tourneys and beat Espy. is there anything else? he may be the closest thing to another notable active pika.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Soooo.... "Best Zeldas" goes like this?

1st:Riot
3rd out of 28 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289323

17th out of 43 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284708

64th out of 266 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374

3rd:DM
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287858 ( :falco: and :zelda:)
1st out of 17 singles

4th:Fujin
49th out of 112 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295362

33rd out of 117 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286292

17th out of 25 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291326

13th out of 42 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288635

(I never threw you in Ed because of the 50/50 thing when everyone else "claims" to use Primarily Zelda.)
So Miles this makes sense to you?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I still feel 8bitman should be considered for five on ROB. He's placing in top 10 in South Florida and he goes toe to toe with PR'd players down here.(8/10 of which is SFL).

:rosalina:
This, 8bitman is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom