• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Heels yea it does :3

Cant wait to get it. Anyone got DoA? I might buy it after Oot and heard it was a good game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Limited Edition 3DS... are they even going to make one? :( Does anyone know?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I wish we would find out sooner. I'm kinda hoping there is one, but at the same time there isn't. If there is one, I'll buy it and sell my 3DS. If not, then whatever.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Lately I can't even play the 3DS for probably 20+ minutes without having to give my eyes a break. I still wish they'd make the screen a tad bit bigger. That probably would help a little.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I just saw the recent trailer for Snake Eater 3D and I THINK that the Yoshis might replace the Keros.

I think they could also replace the monkeys from the mini-game, but it's hard to get hyped when an HD version is coming to the PS3. :/

Deiyn

Smash Rookie
I just saw the recent trailer for Snake Eater 3D and I THINK that the Yoshis might replace the Keros.

I think they could also replace the monkeys from the mini-game, but it's hard to get hyped when an HD version is coming to the PS3. :/
Thats news to me, a HD version for PS3? Damn, and I thought I didn't have to buy that system -_\/... I know i'll get it for the 3DS anyways, because I am NOT passing up 3DS due to Link's Awakening and OoT remakes.

Is it just me, or is anyone else disappointed that 3DS shows up a year after the super glossy and fabulous DSI XL was released? I payed nice money for that thing and they have to make this mini 64 object/thing WITH A SMALLER SCREEN. I know that it sort of gives the XL some value as to having the largest screen, but what am I going to do with it now that 3DS obviously will have far better games and graphics? I just feel cheated somehow.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Thats news to me, a HD version for PS3? Damn, and I thought I didn't have to buy that system -_\/... I know i'll get it for the 3DS anyways, because I am NOT passing up 3DS due to Link's Awakening and OoT remakes.

Is it just me, or is anyone else disappointed that 3DS shows up a year after the super glossy and fabulous DSI XL was released? I payed nice money for that thing and they have to make this mini 64 object/thing WITH A SMALLER SCREEN. I know that it sort of gives the XL some value as to having the largest screen, but what am I going to do with it now that 3DS obviously will have far better games and graphics? I just feel cheated somehow.
Welcome to Nintendo's handheld market.

I would be pissed too, but the 3DS is the first handheld system I bought since Game Boy Color.

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
I think that it was probablly sort of testing for the 3DS.When the DSi XL was released I thought "What the crap?!?! Why is Nintenddo doing this?!"
When the 3DS was announced I reallized that the DSi XL with its sound recording and camera was sort of testing what nintendo could do to make a better hand-held. 3DS didn't need to be "XL" because it was just supposed to be a new normal sized hand-held. I got it when it was released and it's really good. Pretty soon there will a game explosion for this hand held and when that happens the system will fly off the shelfs. BTW I'm deffinately going to get LoZ OoT.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I saw the DSi and DSi XBL as scams. DS Lite FTW!

Looking forward to all the new games Nintendo and third-party developers will show off at E3!

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I got my first streetpass tag yesterday when I was at the airport. I didn't notice until 5 hours later, though. lol. Feels good, man.

Edit: I've been getting random errors lately when playing a game for seemingly no reason. :/ It doesn't even give me an error code, just "An error has occurred, please hold down the power button to restart". Anybody want to help/explain? D:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got my first streetpass tag yesterday when I was at the airport. I didn't notice until 5 hours later, though. lol. Feels good, man.

Edit: I've been getting random errors lately when playing a game for seemingly no reason. :/ It doesn't even give me an error code, just "An error has occurred, please hold down the power button to restart". Anybody want to help/explain? D:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ts_system.jsp

What to do:

1. Hold down the POWER button to power off the system.
2. Continue to use the system to see if the error reoccurs.
3. General system stability can be improved by applying the System Update that was made available on March 24th, 2011. Try applying this System Update and see if the issue improves.

Still Not Resolved:

If the system is still producing the error after resetting, the system will need to be repaired. To start the repair process, click here.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I realize that I should have just gone to Nintendo's support site in the first place, but thank you F8AL <3

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lol. Well, you can't blame Nintendo. Their patterns are pretty obvious.

I broke my DS a couple of years ago. Back then I decided that I wouldn't bother getting a new one until the next generation handheld came out. I knew that it would come out, be everything the DSi is and better and now here it is.

So for me it's hard to believe that there are people who actually bought the DS 'rehashes'. I was doing just fine with my original DS until I broke it.

F8AL said:
I saw the DSi and DSi XBL as scams. DS Lite FTW!
Psh... The DS Lite was also a 'scam'.

Original Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS FTW!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Psh... The DS Lite was also a 'scam'.

Original Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS FTW!
Nah, it actually improved some things from the DSphat. (I.e. Backlight and battery life.). The DSi/XL really didn't do anything special.

Hence, why alot of ppl consider the DS Lite to be the 'best' DS.

Looking forward to the inevitable 3DS Lite in a few years.

:phone:

Deiyn

Smash Rookie
Reason why I was a bit ticked was that my DS Lite (it was awesome) screen had broke. I hadn't been following Nintendo's E3 stuff or anything and the XL looked crazy awesome when it came out. So when the 3DS was officially announced, I was like "Aww man, I shoulda' saved my money! ><".

I'm keeping my DSi. I have the 3DS as well but I found one thing useful for having both is when it came to trading Pokemon.
You have a point. I think I will use the XL particularly for pokemon trading and mp3 player. The visualizations on music look fantastic on it.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Not for just easy trading but I learned to keep all my consoles because back in the past I regretted getting rid of them and when I have the urge to play them I don't have them and they aren't on Wii store or anywhere else.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nah, it actually improved some things from the DSphat. (I.e. Backlight and battery life.). The DSi/XL really didn't do anything special.

:phone:
You mean aside from the store that the DSi(s) added and stuff?

My Nintendo DS was doing just fine for five whole years. It only broke because I accidentally stepped on it (long story -_-). I didn't need what the DS Lite offered because the DS was perfectly fine itself.

The DS Lite is no different from the DSi or the DSi XL, it's just another rehash that you should ignore unless it would be your first of the whole generation.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno...I could not stand the original DS. It was stupid looking and fat to me. Got the DS Lite, and just wasn't impressed enough by the next two renditions to put in more cash.

Probably won't be buying a 3DS until I know I can "acquire" games for less >_>

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The update lets you use the web browser and eShop

When u get the update, make sure you DL the free NES game called "excite bike." Its only free for 30 days.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Also pick up the 3D Pokedex since it's also free. New Stadium game on the way plz? Maybe they'll reveal it today during E3 ;D

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Enjoying the eShop. Excitebike 3D is a cute gift to us, can't comment on Pokédex 3D yet since I am waiting for Pokémon Gray.

Haven't seen much DSiWare games listed yet though, aren't there like a hundred of them available? I suppose it takes time.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Anyone get Link's Awakening? I'm loving it so much since I lost my actual game years ago.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll be getting a 3DS when they release the second, better version that Nintendo always releases a year later, or so.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I'll be getting a 3DS when they release the second, better version that Nintendo always releases a year later, or so.
I highly doubt that is going to happen this time around. You will be waiting at least 2 years and miss out on all of the great software heading our way.

Bought my black 3DS today!

Jumpman, i am planning on getting it, i never beat it, but the portion i did play was really fun!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So what all games are for virtual download? :o

Edit: Nvm. Mario and Zelda are tempting, but... I've got like.. way to many games atm + getting a few DS/Wii/ps3 games on my bday. (and maybe OoT 3DS)

Stupid Welcome back program+MK+infamous2 has me uber busy.

3D Pokedex is lame. It'd work if I had a lot of friends irl to share Pokes with, but meh. Hopefully when Grey comes out, they'll make them link up.

On that note, it does show how awesome a 3DS Pokemon game could be.

On a break from Pokemon 'till then.

Top Bottom