• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

M@v

Subarashii!
Can you still steal from the shop owner in LA? :troll:

Best way to get items ever. My LA cartridge is the house somewhere >.>

And I've only ever been to two midnight releases: Brawl and PSP.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I only steal the bow from the shopkeep and then never go back. If you want to get the good ending you had better do it like that since he kills you when you go back in lol.

Though, it doesn't matter for me, I already died like 8 times before the 3rd dungeon.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh my god, they put up DK '94? They are going all out with the good ****. Now they need Return of Samus and Wario Land, imo.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I usually steal from the shopkeeper, but I didn't do it this time around. I saved up 980 rupees to buy the bow like a boss.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
This is why I love the military stores. The one on my base is already has them on the shelves. I got it before going to work and played it for about 30 minutes. Thet game is so beautiful and the graphics and gameplay is really great.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In all seriousness though, it's kinda amazing how OoT's gameplay can stand up to some of today's games. Though all Zelda games of late do use the same formula with new items.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, if you want the shopkeeper to murder the **** out of you.

That guy freaks me out.
Yeah then you come back to life and can just steal again :troll:. First time it ever happened to me I was a lot younger and it scared the **** out of me though LOL.

I don't like being called thief for the rest of the game anyway...lol
Doesn't bother me. :awesome:
F8AL knows what's up. :awesome: But if I ever go for the good ending, I'll do what luigitoilet said and only steal the bow.

I usually steal from the shopkeeper, but I didn't do it this time around. I saved up 980 rupees to buy the bow like an idiot.
fixed.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Is it any better than the other 3DS or just a new color? I still gotta get my 3DS; the current one is my Gfs[blue]

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
It's just a new color, nothing special. But it does look pretty hot. I would have gotten it over aqua blue had it been there on release day.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Never liked red so...meh.

Thank goodness for my friend owning a 3DS and will be getting OoT. Can't wait for my chance to play it. Does this game have any extras or is it just a remake?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Never liked red so...meh.

Thank goodness for my friend owning a 3DS and will be getting OoT. Can't wait for my chance to play it. Does this game have any extras or is it just a remake?
Changes from the classic version of Ocarina of Time

All new models, each character has a new model resembling their original artwork.
The frame rate from the original was a mere 15/20. Ocarina of Time 3DS runs at a solid 30 frames per second.
Character animations are much smoother now, Link himself has new idle animations and his rig has been cleaned up from the previous releases.

The menu is now stream lined to the touch screen, you can now equip up to 4 items instead of the original 3. The ocarina also has its own slot separate from the classic C-button items.

The Iron boots are now a streamlined item which can be switched on or off quickly without the need to pause the game.

Every area is now fully modeled and has more going on; there are no more pre-rendered areas.
Shops that were once barren now have a lot going on in them making them feel more alive and busy.

The Ocarina is now played with the XYAB Buttons and is easily accessed from the touch screen with the song lists. Faster, easier memorization of songs as the list appears when you take out your Ocarina

There is now gyroscope aiming which is optional to allow for a different experience in aiming, though you can still aim with the analog stick just as normal.

The water temple now has colored doorways which indicate where the player must change the water level at to make it less tedious to those who apparently got lost in the temple.

The Master Quest has two significant changes. First off, the entire game is now mirrored! The entire game has received a complete reflection much like Twilight Princess did for the Nintendo Wii. This means that Link will now be right-handed; the entire overworld map will be flipped, along with all of the dungeons. So Kakariko Village will now be to the West of Hyrule Castle, Lake Hylia will be to the Southeast, and the Desert Colossus at the far northeast corner of the overworld. In addition to the game being mirrored, the Master Quest is now significantly harder as difficulty adjusters have been put in, causing all enemies to do double the amount of damage each time they hit Link. Jump inside for more information on the Master Quest!

The Master Quest will not be available from the start of the game. You will need to play through and complete the main quest first. Once you’ve done so, the Master Quest will then be unlocked. At that point, once you start up your Nintendo 3DS, you will have an option to play the Main Quest or the Master Quest. Additionally, the Boss Replay Challenge has its own Master Quest version, allowing you to battle these bosses on the tougher difficulty settings.

Another new features with the remake of Ocarina of Time 3D is the inclusion of the Boss Challenge. At any point during the quest, Link can return to his tree house in Kokiri Forest. Inside his tree house this time around, Link will have the option of talking to his own bed. In doing so he’ll have choice of going to sleep, which basically allows you to rest up and fill up your hearts. However, the more interesting decision is the option to relive the various boss battles in the game. It is here that you literally can just battle with any of the bosses that you have already defeated in the game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I meant when I "review" the game. I personally try not to be so biased. I just look at it for what it is.

Besides it's fun when fanboys get all butt hurt. "OMG d00d! I can't believe you didn't give this game a 10/10! Go to hell!"

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I bought the black one. By the time a new 3DS comes out I'll have sold this older model for credit anyway if the battery life on the other one is better.

I got the game on hold for me at my Staples store. Horray associate discount ftw.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Got Oot and now im headed to Hyrule :D have never beated this game before and havnt played in like 12 ywaers but i still remember some stuff before it happens xD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Got Oot and now im headed to Hyrule :D have never beated this game before and havnt played in like 12 ywaers but i still remember some stuff before it happens xD
Lol.

Yeah, this game is freaking epic. I also got the soundtrack offer on club nintendo. :0 This coming out on my Birthday is win :D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Never go to Gamestop. They won't sell you OoT 3D unless you pre-order the game.

Bought my copy at my local Walmart instead. >.>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, I only use them for pre-orders and special offers, to be honest. Everything else they suck. On 3DS launch they ran out...Amazon/Walmart didn't. :/

Also, everyone should go to Clubnintendo and register/do survey to get their OoT soundtrack while it lasts!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Never go to Gamestop. They won't sell you OoT 3D unless you pre-order the game.

Bought my copy at my local Walmart instead. >.>

funny story. I picked mines up at gamestop and they were like did u pre order and i said no and they were liek WHY WHY DIDNT U PREORDER you would of got a discount and bonus stuff and iwas like o-o the whole time but at the end i still got ma game :D

was this morning too xD

registerd on club nintendo for the hell of it today and posted 5 games on their and my 3ds and stuff and now I have 320 coint (waiting on the 40 extra for linking my 3DS to it)

Anything specail on the coins? I cant find my other game club nintendo stuff only only could find 5 xD

I also registers Oot and got a free disc so do I have to pay for shipping or is it free?

Top Bottom