• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath`

Smash Master
^that gave it away

And MLP is one of the greatest shows ever to come out in years. Money says you haven't even given it a proper chance. It took me like 4 episodes for me to finally like this

:phone:
Pshhhh I watch the History channel. GET YOUR EDUCATION ON!!!!!!! Also anime is good.

Anyone watch Deadliest Warrior?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Does deadliest warrior have ponies in it? If no, not interested

Also, whoever hates on Fluttershy has no soul and is probably some blood drinking emotionless monster

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
^that gave it away

And MLP is one of the greatest shows ever to come out in years. Money says you haven't even given it a proper chance. It took me like 4 episodes for me to finally like this

I almost ruined my new laptop by spitting Dr. Pepper all over it. This most made me laugh that hard!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So everybody here plays a game meant for 5 year olds to the competitive level, but there's something wrong with a show targeted at females?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
So everybody here plays a game meant for 5 year old boys to the competitive level, but there's something wrong with a show targeted at little wimpy 5 year old girls? Who wear pink dresses?

Fixed that for you bro :denzel:

Naaah but seriously I'm just giving you a hard time, Fuelbi. lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
@Zook, I know lol

But that's why makes this show great, unlike all the ol MLP cartoons where every episode is a party with giggly bimbos with hardly any plot at all aside from ruining a cake or cupcakes, this show isn't that girly. There plot in these episodes, not every episode is centered on parties, and besides Twilight Sparkle, every pony is ****ing amazing. I mean sure, this show has cupcakes and rainbows, but they don't make them the focus of each episode and that's to be expected seeing as it's MLP. The music is also damn great. Every show these days has crappy music, but you can tell they put more care into their music than other shows like Spongebob these days. The animation is also REALLY good since it's all done in flash, and the voice actors are ****ing amazing.

Like seriously, if you can manage to forget that the episode is based around making girly looking dresses for a ball, then you can tell that the show is at the very least decent

@Wrath, I meant Pokemon and SSB dammit

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is like beating a dead my little pony with a stick.
But wouldn't that be a good thing?

:troll:

You can like the show all you want, but calling it "one of the greatest shows ever to come out in years" is a stretch. (Also, I think you mean MLP: Friendship Is Magic, because MLP has been around since the '80s.)

Also I didn't watch it extensively but I watched the first two episodes after this whole craze began so I could say I gave it a shot. Wasn't good, wasn't terrible, but it was incredibly average and I was not inspired to watch any more of it.

There are a number of shows I want to watch that require me to use my computer that I have access to right now but I haven't watched because it requires me to dedicate my entire laptop and most of my attention to the show. If something doesn't interest me in the first few episodes, I'm not going to spend more time watching it.

Pshhhh I watch the History channel. GET YOUR EDUCATION ON!!!!!!! Also anime is good.
I approve of this post. History is awesome. And anime is cool.

But that's why makes this show great, unlike all the ol MLP cartoons where every episode is a party with giggly bimbos with hardly any plot at all aside from ruining a cake or cupcakes, this show isn't that girly. There plot in these episodes, not every episode is centered on parties, and besides Twilight Sparkle, every pony is ****ing amazing. I mean sure, this show has cupcakes and rainbows, but they don't make them the focus of each episode and that's to be expected seeing as it's MLP. The music is also damn great. Every show these days has crappy music, but you can tell they put more care into their music than other shows like Spongebob these days. The animation is also REALLY good since it's all done in flash, and the voice actors are ****ing amazing.

Like seriously, if you can manage to forget that the episode is based around making girly looking dresses for a ball, then you can tell that the show is at the very least decent
I'd just like to say that my problem with the show has absolutely nothing to do with how girly it is or isn't. I grew up with two sisters, so I'm completely desensitized to the whole concept of something being "too girly." Also, I have a complete lack of shame, I have gone to three anime conventions at which I've gone all-out in costume, and at the last one I went to, I went into Burger King dressed as Invader Zim (complete with green facepaint).

[inb4 someone points out irony in me disliking MLP but liking Zim because they think Zim is a terrible show]

My problem with the show is that I found it to be average, but it's blown up into this huge thing. And the majority of "bronies" find it necessary to get upset at anyone who doesn't like the show and either tell them to watch it and guarantee that they'll like it, or claim they haven't given it a try.

It's not terrible to try and get somebody to try something, but when something is constantly in my face, I generally want to set it on fire.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If you saw only the first 2 episodes, you really didn't watch any of the good ones IMO. Watch episode 25 or something because that one is way better than 1&2

And I remember my shame after admitting I like this show though :urg:

I got over it though

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My theory on why MLP is so popular is because it was a lot of people's first cartoon that they don't shrug off as "I watched it when I was 8 years old". It's sort of like a honeymoon period. Everything's great, but that doesn't necessarily last. When I first started watching anime, I thought Strike Witches and K-On! were the ****ing ****, I re-watched them quite a few times. Now that I've many other shows, I see that there's much more content, more possibilities out there. I still appreciate (and occasionally re-watch a couple episodes of) Strike Witches and K-On!, but I've also learned what those shows lack.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm not allowed to have avatars that aren't of cute anime girls

Tery knows that avatar restriction feel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom