• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just reposting this to get some reaction:

Hey guys, I put together a complete SSB4 stage list using my stage concepts and future stage concepts. Along with the Brawl stages I believe will be returning, tell me what you think?

*An existing stage concept
**Future stage concept
***Tentative stage for game unreleased
****Guest stage concept

Super Smash Bros:
Battlefield
Final Destination

Mario:

Mushroomy Kingdom
Starship Mario*
Toad Town*
Bowser's Castle*
Luigi's Greater Mansion***

Yoshi:
Yoshi's Island

Wario:
Warioware Inc.
Diamond City**

Donkey Kong:
75m
Sunset Shore*

The Legend of Zelda:
Pirate Ship
Siren World***
Hyrule Temple (Interior)*

Pokémon:
Pokémon Stadium 2
N's Castle*
Burned Tower**

Metroid:
Norfair
Skytwon Elysia*
Geothermal Power Plant*

Star Fox:
Space Armada
Sector Z*

Fire Emblem:
Castle Siege
Dragon's Altar****

Kid Icarus:
Skyworld
The Underworld***

Kirby:
The Halberd
Dream Space***
Kirby's Yarn**

F-Zero:
Port Town: Aero Dive
Red Canyon*

Pikmin:
Distant Planet
New Planet***

Single Stage - Returning:

Saturn Valley* (Earthbound)
The Summit (Ice Climbers)
Flat Zone 2 (Game and Watch)

Single Stage - New Series:
Gluglug Lagoon* (Legendary Starfy)
Ruinous City* (Sin and Punishment)
WuHu Island* (Wii series/Pilotwings Resort)
Gaur Plains* (Xenoblade)
Cyber Holloseum* (Custom Robo)
Smashville (Animal Crossing)
The Ring** (Punch Out!!)
Elemental Lighthouse** (Golden Sun)

Other:
Nintendo*

Total=46 (About the right amount for a roster of 42-45)

Optional 3rd party stages:
Robot Museum* (Megaman)
Zenithia* (Dragon Quest)
London* (Professor Layton)
World's End* (Final Fantasy)
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
Tetris** (Tetris)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I just found out something while just browsing.

The Wii U discs are 25GB regular and 50GB dual-layer.

D

Deleted member

I'll be back later. Anyway...

In terms of character roster, I expect only 37 due to universal roster. If it is confirmed otherwise, my expectations will rise to 44.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
which is suddenly making me worried about the differences between this and the 3DS version content-wise
Well Sakurai wants to make the 3DS more personalized to what he wants. The Wii U version is supposed to be the mother of all Smash Bros. content-wise.

It also lets you know the developers won't have to scrap out their ideas because of space issues.

I'll be back later. Anyway...

In terms of character roster, I expect only 37 due to universal roster. If it is confirmed otherwise, my expectations will rise to 44.
Sakurai wants at least 50. Yes, we know this can change but I'm doubting he won't change his mind.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sammer's Kingdom

I'm back, and as for this one, it comes from Sammer's Kingdom. The thing that makes it epic is that the kingdom is the closest to being engulfed by the void, and it only gets bigger as you go through the 100 man challenge, and looks so scary, getting bigger every few men until...

Remember(concerning the current argument): An idea is easier to make than it is to destroy.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Isn't that the same amount of characters with the brawl roster?
There's 35 in Brawl.

I just don't understand people. 40 characters on the Wii U? 50 stages? While the discs allow up to 25-50GB?! What a waste of space. The 3DS version isn't going to be an exact copy of the Wii U version, people. All Sakurai said is that it will be connected in some way.

Also note that the 3DS cards are 8GB maximum.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Princess Aisya

A: Punch. 5%
AA: Kick. 4%
AAA: Cut with the tip of the rifle. 8%
Side Smash A: Attack with the tip of the rifle. 15%
Down Smash A: Similar to Zelda. 11%
Up Smash A: Similar to Toon Link, however, stronger. 18%

'A' in the Air: Punch spinning in the air. 9%
Side 'A' in the air: Attack with the base of rifle, with the effect of "smash meteor." 12%
Other Side 'A' in the air: Similar to Gannondorf. 8%
Down 'A' in the air: Similar to C. Falcon. 9%
Up 'A' in the air: Cut-up, with the tip of the rifle. 10%

Standard Special Move: Reflector A shield that reflects projectiles with 150% of original power.

Up Special Move: A high-heeled, simple, made for the recovery, without causing damage.
Down Special Move: A beam of concentrated energy, similar to Rob. Will cause 25% damage.
Side Special Move: It's the same shield of the "standard special move", but instead of reflecting projectiles, it will cause a push effect, which will throw any opponent to get in touch with such a shield, by a certain distance, which will ally according to the damage of the opponent. cause 20% damage.

Final Smash: She will rise to the top of the stage, as does Lucario, and will launch 15 spears of energy that will move randomly. Each will cause 30% damage, and will be 2x more difficult the escape of this final smash, than escape of PK Starmstorm.

What do you think?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Princess Aisya

Side 'A' in the air: Attack with the base of rifle, with the effect of "smash meteor." 12%

Standard Special Move: Reflector A shield that reflects projectiles with 150% of original power.

Up Special Move: A high-heeled, simple, made for the recovery, without causing damage.
Down Special Move: A beam of concentrated energy, similar to Rob. Will cause 25% damage.
Side Special Move: It's the same shield of the "standard special move", but instead of reflecting projectiles, it will cause a push effect, which will throw any opponent to get in touch with such a shield, by a certain distance, which will ally according to the damage of the opponent. cause 20% damage.

Final Smash: She will rise to the top of the stage, as does Lucario, and will launch 15 spears of energy that will move randomly. Each will cause 30% damage, and will be 2x more difficult the escape of this final smash, than escape of PK Starmstorm.

What do you think?
I've never heard of her, what game is she from?

There's 35 in Brawl.

I just don't understand people. 40 characters on the Wii U? 50 stages? While the discs allow up to 25-50GB?! What a waste of space. The 3DS version isn't going to be an exact copy of the Wii U version, people. All Sakurai said is that it will be connected in some way.

Also note that the 3DS cards are 8GB maximum.
Including transformations.

Ahhh..... They're just pessimistic. Guys face it. Like it or not, it's gonna be more than 45 characters.
[COLOR="#CD5C5C "]Princess Aisya[/COLOR]

What do you think?
Wait a minute....

Who's Aisya?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
For the moveset i think the standard spec. move should be switched with the down spec. move(because i've noticed down specs are usually defensive moves: Starfox trio's shine shields, PSI boys PSI Magnet, FE warrior's Counterstrike, Lucario's Counterstrike, etc etc.)

Off for now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope Sakurai makes Rest kill at 25% like in Melee. I like it having vertical trajectory though so that she has time to wake up.

Jiggs could be in like F or E tier if Rest wasn't nerfed and she got a few changes. Her moveset itself is fine as-is.
Rest deserved to be nerfed. Besides, Jigglypuff should know better than to take Kirby's spot at the top.

This guy in Smash 4= HYPE!!!

:phone:
An impossible wish, however.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
For the moveset i think the standard spec. move should be switched with the down spec. move(because i've noticed down specs are usually defensive moves: Starfox trio's shine shields, PSI boys PSI Magnet, FE warrior's Counterstrike, Lucario's Counterstrike, etc etc.)

Off for now.
Right, basically a defensive moveset!

Damn the doubting. I don't know what Sakurai will do. He'll probably do something unexpected like adding Dry Bones or Daisy.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Uhhh...... Sorry but I didn't understand the trailer or what was going on in it.
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat is a tactical role-playing game developed by Mistwalker and Racjin and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS. It was released on October 4, 2007 in Japan. It was the first DS game released on a 2 gigabit game card.Gameplay is displayed on the bottom screen, while the top screen contains a full motion video depicting the battle.ASH features pre-rendered videos and backgrounds.The crown princess of Milinear, and the main character. After her parents were killed 12 years ago, she was raised by Bullnequ. She was to be crowned the Queen of Milinear when she turned 17, but the ceremony was interrupted when the capital was attacked and burned by the Flame Snake, at the start of the game. She is trusting and naïve, but can be decisive. She has the ability to take other people's hatred, sorrow, and regret into her heart and carry them with her. She is the only hero of the game to survive to the end without being turned into ash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whoa, that's a lot. Of course, I doubt that Sakurai would go THAT far with the memory usage.
Especially if both games are to have a similar roster and/or stage count (nobody wants to comment on my stage list?).

But I wouldn't say they couldn't use a dual layered disc, especially if they want to fill the game with as much as they can as far as graphical and other details.

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat is a tactical role-playing game developed by Mistwalker and Racjin and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS. It was released on October 4, 2007 in Japan. It was the first DS game released on a 2 gigabit game card.Gameplay is displayed on the bottom screen, while the top screen contains a full motion video depicting the battle.ASH features pre-rendered videos and backgrounds.The crown princess of Milinear, and the main character. After her parents were killed 12 years ago, she was raised by Bullnequ. She was to be crowned the Queen of Milinear when she turned 17, but the ceremony was interrupted when the capital was attacked and burned by the Flame Snake, at the start of the game. She is trusting and naïve, but can be decisive. She has the ability to take other people's hatred, sorrow, and regret into her heart and carry them with her. She is the only hero of the game to survive to the end without being turned into ash.
Now that sounds interesting.

Unfortunately, I never played the game so I can't speak much about her.

Who would be the most shocking character to appear in the trailer?

Who would act as the "Snake" for the trailer. I wouldn't scream in awe if Mega Man is revealed.

For those who are puzzled how Wright will fit in UMvC 3, you might as well ask me why.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

Who would act as the "Snake" for the trailer. I wouldn't scream in awe if Mega Man is revealed.
I think it would ... whatever! I scream (figuratively, of course) if someone of resident evil will enter!

Have a nice day!

I'm of for Now!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

For those who are puzzled how Wright will fit in UMvC 3, you might as well ask me why.
Uhm... probably Travis Touchdown or maybe even Black Mage I think it would be Travis Touchdown though because not many people know him.

Mega Man = Yeahhh!!! He's finally in a fighting game after all these years!

Slime and Chocobo = ljafjdlspv,d;k,aksdka;sj;sj,c;ak;sckc,sk;skc

Layton = hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly @#$%

Some other Capcom character = Okay.

Cloud = wut

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

In a negative way, I would say Ryu from Street Fighter, because a lot of Street Fighter elitists would have a reason to hate Smash Bros. more than they already do and people who requested Mega Man to be in SSB4 would be angered at this decision, as well.

But in a positive way? I dunno, maybe Professor Layton or Geno?

I would consider Mega Man more of a Sonic-type reveal than a Snake one, BTW.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

READ THIS, I MEAN IT:

It's E3, Reggie is up on the stage showcasing the Wii U and 3DS's lineup. They approach the end of the conference:

"Today, we have given you a taste of what is to come with the Wii U and 3DS. But that's not all. Masahiro Sakurai and his team Project Sora have begun working on new title in the Super Smash Bros. series. Each for the Wii U and the 3DS. Masahiro Sakurai hopes to bring a brand new experience to the Smash Bros. world. By bringing both the Wii U and 3DS, together..."

*rooms lighting dims*

*Screen lights up...*

*A cinematic begins much as it did in Melee and Brawl, with Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby meeting each other to face off*

*The characters begin fighting in grand cinematic display until Kirby is star KO'd. He hits the screen, prompting a laugh from the audience. But when he does the screen begins to crack... He falls forward, outside of a 3DS... Kirby looks around in amazement. The others stop fighting and decide to look out in the open too. Soon every character is outside of the console in a bare white room, looking around. Lying behind them as they walk away will be a 3DS and Wii U tablet on the ground*

*Then the logo will display, Super Smash Bros. Royale. Personally would have preferred Strife, but I guess it has that whimsical, action oriented sound about it?*

*We finally get to a mixture of gameplay mechanics and animation as shown with Brawl. The gameplay will take place in Hyrule Castle, Geothermal Power Plant, Starship Mario and Battlefield. You will come to a point where there will be an animated segment that takes place in the Geothermal Power Plant. Mario and the other three will be fighting until something emerges from the lava below. The characters turn to face the emerging foe... Ridley is then seen! A bar with the word "Newcomer" is seen, the audience reaction is exstaticism. He flies down to the field and the animation transitions to aa small gameplay clip. Showing him sweep at his foes and grab Mario, dragging him across the ground and launching him forward.*

*It switches back to animation and the character are struggling to fight Ridley as he pushes them towards the lava. Until a large blast is shot at Ridley, causing him to reel. Out of the air emerges and landing on the stage is familiar face to some, Saki Amamiya. He pulls his head up and the word "Newcomer" is displayed once again, transitioning to gameplay of Saki beating the crap out of Ridley.*

*Once over Ridley grabs all of the five characters and starts flying towards the ceiling, crashing through and emerging from the ground into the air (it's not canon, remember?) Knocking over a certain familiar face... Once the characters break free and are upon the crowd, cowering behind them is Toad. Confused and scared he shivers a bit, "Newcomer" is displayed. In a scared panic he screams and actually runs TOWARDS Ridley, prompting a gameplay clip where he isn't so scared.*

*Ridley is seen gasping, exhausted from battle until reinforcement arrives... As the characters move forward the skies begin to grow dark and a figure materializes itself. With the image of snakes snapping in the air and a staff in hand, Medusa presents herself with our much expected "Newcomer" label and gameplay clip.*

*Afterwards the two villains and six heroes will be set on opposing sides, Medusa will then dissapear with Ridley in hand. The heroes will look around, confused as much of the audience. Then the camera zooms out from the characters to the logo displayed once again with jingle in tune... The screen goes dark... For about a few seconds the screen is dark and nothing is heard... Until this song begins to play:*

http://youtu.be/u_Ft2niUeCU

*Megaman X has arrived! He warps onto stage, throwing his arms out. The audience goes wild! A short trailer for Megaman X is shown displaying his gameplay, spanning across a couple of the stages already seen. Then at a point in the video Mario and Megaman X come together and begin an almost fighting, symbolic of two of the platform greats going head to head!*

*People are in both shock and confusion, it is Megaman alright. Just not Classic. Many questions are mumbled from the audience. "YES!!!!!!!" "I thought we'd get Classic for sure?" "Who cares, at least Megaman X is finally in a fighting game!" "Will we see anything from Classic Megaman?"*

*But most people will be buzzed from what they just saw*
_____

This is just a silly little idea. Don't take it too seriously. More then likely Smash Bros 4's reveal will be less formulaic than mine. I expect something more emphasizing the relationship between the two titles.

D

Deleted member

@MechaWave: Show me where Sakurai said he wanted at least 50 characters. Even if you do, remember that Sakurai always takes into account transformations. So the correct term is "46 character slots".

You also fail to take into account the possibility of universal roster which not might, but WILL limit the roster. It is for this reason that if we get universal roster that I have absolutely no faith in the man to give us 40+ slots for SSB4.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Good grief this place moves fast... Getting ready to post a new blog. =D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Good grief this place moves fast... Getting ready to post a new blog. =D
I know. Then when I come in and post something that took a little bit of time everyone up and leaves. :|

By the way, I've decided to revise one of my stages because I have sudden;y thought of the most amazing thing to do with it. So I'll post it alongside my new concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom