• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Xubble

Smash Ace
Whoever it is, I bet they'll never replace the joy and happiness you get from playing as Dedede.

Unless you're picking up Sheik. Gawd, I LOOOOOVE Sheik. <3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Personally there are a few characters I would drop Dedede for in an instant. Most of them are really, really bad though.

Off the top of my head, Ganondorf, Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, Link, Zelda, and Yoshi. Maybe Mario or Sheik, but they're just more characters I play when I need a break. Though Wario is quickly filling that.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Personally my favourite thing is DACUSing.

Need to kill? DACUS!
Move around the stage? DACUS!
Crossup a shield? DACUS!
Taunt? DAAAACUUUUUUSSSS!!!!!

Xubble

Smash Ace
The only thing is that I enjoy having tap jump on, so I have to use the claw method of DACUSing to do it.

Such a pain. ._.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There undoubtedly will be. I don't buy all the "last major brawl tournament" talk. Lots of players quitting, so what? There will be new top players to rise and fill in the void.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I've planked a Falco before and It actually worked. I think that our planking is so legit on Falco. He doesn't have many options out of our planking.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I've planked a Falco before and It actually worked. I think that our planking is so legit on Falco. He doesn't have many options out of our planking.
Except he can grab the edge and spike/punish us on his invincibility frames like almost all of the rest of the cast can because our planking isn't that good.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
theres also the little thing where EVERYBODYS planking is good against falco. because his offstage options are trash tier.

I plank falcos with sonic, dude. Just because you do something semi smart every once in a while doesnt mean that its some brand new DDD only thing that you were the first one to think of. And the fact that youre talking as if it is, is kind of pretentious.

Doc King

Smash Lord
theres also the little thing where EVERYBODYS planking is good against falco. because his offstage options are trash tier.

I plank falcos with sonic, dude. Just because you do something semi smart every once in a while doesnt mean that its some brand new DDD only thing that you were the first one to think of. And the fact that youre talking as if it is, is kind of pretentious.
That's true and it does make sense. Although this can help us with one of D3's worst matchups.

I think the same thing can be applied to Olimar like the Rich Brown vs. Will tourney set.

Also for a cool fact that will probably make TC happy is that I was able to do a jump cancelled up smash out of a d throw on Snake and I know why PS2 is such a good stage on Snake.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Doc King, your font colour is almost impossible to read. It's destroying my eyes.

Mind changing it to something a bit easier on the eyes plox?

:phone:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Blue is like one of the closest colors to blend in with black, that's the reason why it was so hard to see.

Aero, just curious, but can you do the Yoshi infinite that I made or the buffered pivot grab infinite or the d throw to buffered up smash?

Edit: Does this look like something we can adapt to for more followups out of our d throw? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNUN170ok

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I probably should. I think the main problem is that it's too dark, so I should brighten the color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEtCn_kXu4A

TC actually won a game by air camping a Snake and timing him out. lol

Too bad he lost though. We should probably relearn the matchup as D3 mains.
Maaan this video frustrates me so much wtf. I think you guys should just focusing on learning how to play DDD more. Ugh.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I played sooooo passively. It was my downfall in the last 2 games. Like watching this set on video made me feel pretty stupid because I was just way too passive in this. And I didn't pay attention to his landings half the time to re grab him. <_< I thought it would work again but SK caught on to me pretty quickly. Then again we play each other all the time.

*sighs*

Advice Zekey? Or someone experienced.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I pretty much just said that, but I only mentioned the Snake matchup.

I don't really get the buffered pivot grab infinite. Can someone please give me a good explanation of this technique?

Doc King

Smash Lord
I pretty much just said that, but I only mentioned the Snake matchup.

I don't really get the buffered pivot grab infinite. Can someone please give me a good explanation of this technique?

Edit: Thing glitched up again.

ZTD | TECHnology

I feel like I am improving but...SK told me before my passive style will screw me over in end because I miss out on so many opportunities and that's exactly what happened here. Back to the drawing board. Very happy this set got uploaded though.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Sorry, that was how I felt after watching the first minute and a half. It got a little better after that though and I only watched game one.

Well you didn't maximize your options at all. You did play pretty well defensively but you didn't use F tilt like at all, you didn't spot dodge any grenades or even use them offensively, and you didn't even follow up when they were close to him. I saw at least twice where you could have just CGed over a nade before it exploded.

I'll probably critique the video later cause you did a few cool things, and it seems like there's a lot to show you. But I have paper to write atm. lol

ZTD | TECHnology

^ Thanks, I look forward to your critique. Good luck with your paper!

Also....let me know if I leveled up any. Trying to obtain Blastoise-hood.

<3

Doc King

Smash Lord
I would agree with Zeke, you probably should have done stuff like thrown the grenades back. Was Ps2 banned from the tourney?

ZTD | TECHnology

I was afraid to throw Grenades back because he'd just strip them because he kept grenades in play constantly.

Also PS2 was banned. It was Apex Stagelist.

allshort17

Smash Ace
Something I just thought was funny idea to try, does anyone pick up one of Snake's grenades and just run at him to scare him. Not even throw it but shield or SHAD at the last minute to get some reaction. It's just seemed funny and maybe it could have a use.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
*pick up grenade*

*run to snake*

*buffer spotdodge*

But seriously, buffered spotdodge from a run is amazing. Dedede should approach with it more.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
TC, don't ever approach snake from the Air. That's just dumb. Air camping doesn't work against snake, we are better just staying grounded.

C.J.

Smash Master
Aero, just curious, but can you do the Yoshi infinite that I made or the buffered pivot grab infinite or the d throw to buffered up smash?

Edit: Does this look like something we can adapt to for more followups out of our d throw? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNUN170ok
Congrats on finding obscure techniques and stuff, and they might be helpful. But things like this, your infinite on Yoshi, etc shouldn't be tried to incorporate for 97% of DDDs. Watching most DDD vids there are still a lot of things with your fundamentals you need to get better at. I'm not saying that anyone is bad at their fundamentals, but you're not perfect at them. Brawl isn't a "tech skill heavy" game in the sense that Melee was. However, it does require you to have essentially perfect tech skill. It's not difficult to exactly, however needing to perform really simple aspects of your game with, literally, 100% success ratio is one of the most important things in the game to be able to do. Buffered pivot grab infinite on Snake is awesome. However, trying to do anything like that, even an easier version (dash dance pivot grab oh which ever characters, etc) should be so far in the back of most players minds still. Until you can get to the point where you can the really basic parts of your game for hours on end without messing up (E.g. Go CG Marth back and forth YI:B an hour straight without messing up once), trying to force yourself to learn advanced things won't help you. You can't seize the opportunity to do something you spent 4 hours practicing if it never occurs because your opponent is running circles around you and your fundamentals can't keep up. You can't pick up melee and start wavedashing and expect your game to improve immediately. You have to know how to wavedash and how it affects
your gave in a way to aid your fundamentals.

*Note- not directed at Doc King or anyone else in particular. Just something that is true for everyone other than like... Ally/M2K/9B

I played sooooo passively. It was my downfall in the last 2 games. Like watching this set on video made me feel pretty stupid because I was just way too passive in this. And I didn't pay attention to his landings half the time to re grab him. <_< I thought it would work again but SK caught on to me pretty quickly. Then again we play each other all the time.

*sighs*

Advice Zekey? Or someone experienced.
I agree with Coney on this point. 9B took passive DDD to his absolute limits. Unless you honestly think you're smarter than and more patient than 9B, you should take the Coney approach to DDD. Pressure and reads. Patience has its place during a game, this is true- especially for characters like DDD- however you need to start playing like Coney and being more aggressive. That's not to say go full out Europe and just bumrush everyone, but smart aggression and pressure is one of the most important things EVERYONE needs to learn and get better. 9B/@lly/M2K/TC/Me/Neo/DEHF EVERYONE needs to work on their pressure games. I'd venture even to say that people like Daigo, Combofiend, and Justin Wong need to work on it to. The best players have the best pressure games, but even theirs isn't perfect.
In fact, here's a video about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSspTn3yeXY
This is the number 1 thing I'm working on right now other than just constantly improving my fundamentals.

I was afraid to throw Grenades back because he'd just strip them because he kept grenades in play constantly.

Also PS2 was banned. It was Apex Stagelist.
Keep a count on the nades timer. 2.5ish seconds out or less? Stripping posts no threat. After that, I'd advice against it. However, something else that is just as important; unless the nade is almost perfectly cooked, instant throwing nades is SUPER safe. Unless Snake is REALLY far away from you, you can instant throw the nade back at Snake and Snake can't strip it quickly enough.

Something I just thought was funny idea to try, does anyone pick up one of Snake's grenades and just run at him to scare him. Not even throw it but shield or SHAD at the last minute to get some reaction. It's just seemed funny and maybe it could have a use.
Snake players do it a LOT. I don't know why other characters don't do it back to them, lol.

*Disclaimer, I didn't actually watch the match yet. Just posting responses.*
/goes to watch

Top Bottom