• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

∫unk

Smash Master
I fight icys with snake... I don't see snakes do this but if I have port advantage then grenade -> u-smash oos (dropping the nade at the same time) seems impossible to punish.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Something cool I'm gonna bring up that can improve our metagame is using our swallow move more effectively. I've relized that when you hit someone with a character who's into a star, its damage is character dependant (By weight). Bowser gives 18% while Puff gives 9% (Not stale & not extra damage from stale move negation). You can also do these team combo where you swallow ur opponent into a star and then have the opponent do some attack on them. Some cool combos would be Zelda's fair and bair and Wario waft.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yes. So the opponent (Or the ally in this case) can react and pull out a move (Also it has to be 14 frames or less because of air dodging).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I do that with my partners sometimes.

ill just into a group of 2/3 people and swallow, if i get an enemy, spit him at his partner, if i get my partner spit him at both of the other team.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I do that with my partners sometimes.

ill just into a group of 2/3 people and swallow, if i get an enemy, spit him at his partner, if i get my partner spit him at both of the other team.

**** is hilarious. I killed @lly's GF by spitting him into her ...he was Snake and she was MK....lmao. My partner was trying really hard not to laugh. He succeeded. I did not.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Good news everyone!

I think it's finally safe to say I have a character that's exceeded the skill level of my Metaknight.

And the best part is it's my Dedede.

ZTD | TECHnology

lol gratz Dirt.

So tomorrow is my tournament. Its going to be a large local with a an out of state showing. I'm taking Zeke's advice and just playing to have fun. I mean naturally I'm going to try my best though. I feel like I've learned quite a bit in the past few months so I'm ready to test some new stuff. I feel like I'm starting to ask the right questions now and think about the right things during a match. We shall see :) Either way folks, wish me luck.

Doc King

Smash Lord
You know I think I just found out one technique that could greatly improve our matchups. It would be planking. Our up air is fast and gives us a lot of damage, which can be good for scrooging. We have 4 jumps so stuff like edge guarding and ledge grab limit can actually help us (Lgl in the way where a majority don't have as much jumps as D3). I think this works great on Falco because he can't really find any ways to punish it and if he air attack's he will get gimped.

This should be something we should be thinking about towards our metagame improvement.

ZTD | TECHnology

You know I think I just found out one technique that could greatly improve our matchups. It would be planking. Our up air is fast and gives us a lot of damage, which can be good for scrooging. We have 4 jumps so stuff like edge guarding and ledge grab limit can actually help us (Lgl in the way where a majority don't have as much jumps as D3). I think this works great on Falco because he can't really find any ways to punish it and if he air attack's he will get gimped.

This should be something we should be thinking about towards our metagame improvement.
We aren't Metaknight.

- Up Air is a commitment. If someone sees it coming and dodges it we can easily be punished.

- Not to mention we are much larger than Metaknight so it wouldn't be hard to do so.

- Up Air is SDIable.

- If we get punished and stage spiked..even if we survive we are now forced to use our rather punishable recovery in a awkward panic like state which is reallllly bad depending on who it is.

Up-air planking is incredible situational and nothing thats going to revolutionize or MUs. We are fat, giant and slow. Most people can chase us and punish us for it easily.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
MetaKnight's Up-air covers pretty much any way you can hit him and ends MEGA FAST.

Our Upair only hits right above us, lasts a long time, and it is easy to hit our sides. If I have to drop off the ledge and attack, I prefer forward air.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
We aren't Metaknight.

- Up Air is a commitment. If someone sees it coming and dodges it we can easily be punished.

- Not to mention we are much larger than Metaknight so it wouldn't be hard to do so.

- Up Air is SDIable.

- If we get punished and stage spiked..even if we survive we are now forced to use our rather punishable recovery in a awkward panic like state which is reallllly bad depending on who it is.

Up-air planking is incredible situational and nothing thats going to revolutionize or MUs. We are fat, giant and slow. Most people can chase us and punish us for it easily.
This is not entirely true.
1. We do have the fastest fall in the game.
2 Our Up Air costs about two jumps off stage, and maybe a full Up B if we fast fall it.
3. Our U air is kinda tight for planking because can use it from under the lip(just not on a nade) And combined with Fair and Bair, its usable.

Exdeath

Smash Master
DDD's planking certainly isn't great relative to characters like G&W who are difficult to defeat in practice, however it has quite a few uses and I've been taking ledge trapping over other risks against respawning characters and characters whose risk-reward is pretty balanced against DDD's planking. An example of this would be Falco. 3 Falco Ftilts vs. reading the Ftilt with a DDD Fair at CG % and even beyond that is in DDD's favor in many situations.

In regard to Uair being SDIable, technically that makes it invalid, however practically it's hit-or-miss. I've had people run into my Uair in order to SDI out and spike me, only to fail and be stage-spiked. With that said, I would say that Uair's main use is vs. a shielding opponent who is too close to the ledge. When I use it in such a manner, it's practically improbable for someone to SDI out in time because they'll usually have a few hits to SDI that begin at a time that is difficult to predict.

DDD's planking is good, but you can't auto-pilot with it like MK/G&W/etc. can.

Doc King

Smash Lord
D3's planking looks pretty good compared to all of the cast. But it's definately not even close to comparable as to mk (Like everyone else in the game) and it's not as great as Pit, DK, and Game and Watch. Probably like the 5th best planking game.

D3's up air actually looks good for scrooging because it's start frames are very small and it's an overall pretty fast move. D3 also has 4 jumps where he can just move around and stuff. Also if characters try to attack us, we can tech or if it's a meteor, just jump or up b (Most characters will have to recover and can't punish our up b lag). Also, if someone is gonna camp us hard and make us suffer from poor approaching (Basically playing stupid), we can try to play hard to get and make them have a hard time approaching (Like revenge :awesome:).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
He plays in online tournaments, durr.

Which obviously matter.

Also UAir is not a dedicated planking move. It's a move you make your opponent learn to fear when you're offstage. It's one of the reasons I love Lylat so much. We can hit so far on the stage with it from below, and most people, in my experience, try to shield it, and then get poked.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't rely on it too much though, Dedede's hand hurtbox on the move also kinda goes through the stage, so moves with good vertical hitboxes underneath them (Snake's utilt, MK's dair, etc) can stage spike you when you do that.

ZTD | TECHnology

Placed 13th out of 40 today.

I went 2nd seed in my pool losing only to Lain. 2-0ed everyone.

Lost to Sparta Kick (#3 in MI) in Winner's (he took 2nd at this and beat Lain and Anther) in a very close, Game 3 set. He was :snake: the whole set.

Lost to Azure Kenny (#2 in MI) in a close set as well in Loser's. I went :warioc: vs him Game 1 and got him to last stock...and then took him to Frigate as D3 and lost last hit last stock. Both matches were against his :metaknight:

No regrets, I played well today..and my Wario did a good amount of work today so I'm happy :) I had a lot of fun today most of all! That's a lot considering that I had to host as well lol I'm so sleepy now.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Scrooging is moving beneath the stage from one side to the other.

Wow I played poorly that set...

I was referring to the connotation of your post.
It was negative. I dont know what you thought you cold accomplish by just getting hit by peanuts lol. But meh, I'm sure you're better than that video depicts. :p

:phone:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Good job TC I went about 3-1 in life yesterday and today.

I'm going to a large Tijuana tournament tomorrow with TKD, AC, and Waymas. And hopefully Addy will be there because I don't think he is as good as Jebus thinks he is. It will be my first tourney since Texas and I've hardly played so ima pretty excited.

ZTD | TECHnology

I know MK is pretty good on Frigate but my personal preferences lead me to really like fighting MKs on that stage. There's a lot the stage offers in my opinion. Then again it may just be a personal thing is all.

And thanks Zeke. I can definitely see myself improving now that I know what I need to do. I love this feeling.

Also what does "3-1 with life" mean...? lol

ZTD | TECHnology

^ I am so out of it. I had like one hour of sleep before the tournament and did somehow played better than I have in a long time....but now that I slept 12 hours....I still feel totally out of it lmao. Need coffee...<_<

Exdeath

Smash Master
It was negative. I dont know what you thought you cold accomplish by just getting hit by peanuts lol. But meh, I'm sure you're better than that video depicts. :p

That Diddy player usually plays aggressively and I was expecting him to run out of patience. I'd just played a Diddy who I managed to take from 30 to death while I was at 180% by planking and throwing his peanuts back at him (I've made a few notable comebacks this way), so that's why I tried it. There's actually a video of me beating the best Diddy in Florida on that same channel (from that same tournament).

Xubble

Smash Ace
Sooooo I'm taking a semester off from school.

So expect to see my name on some tournament results in 2012. Might even attend Apex! :D

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hurrah!

School was the bane of my existence when I went lol.

I forgot to go Dedede at my tournament 2 days ago.

And someone took my GC controller which puts me out of practise from brawl and frame data stuff until I paint this other one. >.> <.<

Top Bottom