• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

∫unk

Smash Master
your options are limited sticking to either ground or air... the best ddd's know how to use both, but if you're good enough you can just force one style and win anyways

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats assuming that you are a fair amount better than your opponent, and seeing as how most people are training up for apex, thats a bad assumption to make

Roller

Smash Legend
3. How many people had to quit for Roller to pull top 5 in the state...
waaaaaaaaaaaait...

But real talk. Zinoto and I have been practicing with each other hardcore the past couple weeks, and I have been playing a lot with Anther as well. We've both gotten soooo much better.

3. Look at the MUs behind and ahead of him. You'll notice a pattern.
Yoooo. Except I got there by beating the people in front of me (in bad matchups). lol, I beat #2 and #3 on our previous PR this weekend, both of whom are snake/mk players. The #2 player I 3 stocked when he took me to frigate with MK game 2 after he lost with snake game 1. Also, I only lost to lain cause of tripping in the middle of my cg on his last stock... :salt:

Here's Me vs Sparta Kick from this weekend. (Lain's ICs got 2 stocked by him in losers 30 minutes later.)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For Snake, I take the MU really slow. Like I'm approaching and pressuring, but not aggressively. I try and read grenade pulls a lot and FTilt to blow it up, and I focus a lot on ruining their shield to get lots of pokes I shouldn't.

And of course I play around my waddles.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Real talk, Roller's recent improvement has been pretty inspiring. I'm tired of being 8th on the PR <_< I've got nowhere to go but up from there! Gonna get a bunch of practice at /HOPE...and DRDN's.......no...just /HOPE lol.

I should bring my recording setup since this will have East Coast players in attendance.

Coney

Smash Master
oh okay then, i was confused cause you linked that match and not game 2 where he won and outplayed me hard. that first stock though, I AM A GENIUS

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
try something else this weekend

pick green

don't think, just do

no "well should i do this, but then he might do that, but maaaybe"

only "he WILL spotdodge because i ****ing willed it to happen and he's scared to ****ing death of me because i'm better than him"

i win when i'm the second guy

i lose when i'm the first

ZTD | TECHnology

pick green

don't think, just do

only "he WILL spotdodge because i ****ing willed it to happen and he's scared to ****ing death of me because i'm better than him"

I'll give it a go this weekend.

I plan on having vids from this weekend. :) Gonna go get some practice in now.

Xubble

Smash Ace
You gotta do Jet Hammer and position the stick the TIIIIIINIEST amount from neutral. If you do it right, D3 flies across the stage. I generally hold it straight up and slowly move it across the rim until it works.

It's incredibly hard to do, and it's useless to us since it can't be done consistently and on reaction.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace

pick green

don't think, just do

Tight, This is exactly what I need to be told every now and then.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if it still exists, but I remember there was a thread i would look at a year or two ago where I would look at for what %s kill certain characters with fresh up tilts and such which include DI and whatnot. That thread would be useful to see again, anyone know what im talking of?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
i know its a strong uptilt, but its useful to know at what %s they are guaranteed kills if they are fresh. Like i remember game and watch is like 90ish, thats an advantage to know if thats the easiest way to kill him. I can't remember at what %s kill snake tho for instance and itd be pretty helpful to find things such as that since I don't really want to use an uptilt that wouldn't kill snake.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I like titles, so sure, I'll be the official Penguin Scientist. :)

F-smash has an amusingly high amount of shield stun and shield hitlag.

Can't wait to finish this data. <3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You can have my sloppy second after im done making my penguin stew, P1.

Xubble
Tech chase
Zekey
4GOD (?)

and Seibrik/Atomsk if they still count.

ZTD | TECHnology

What D3s will be at Apex? I like free money and would like to MM any D3s here :)
Big name D3s in attendance include me, Zekey and Coney (?). Xubble may show up as well and Kaptain.

Is 4GOD going to this? I must meet this kid.

Also guys...

I recently discovered a technique that pretty much claims a stock when done correctly. The only people who can survive it are people with good recoveries and even so unless you're Metaknight you're still in a really gay spot. I tested it yesterday against my friend's Snake....LMAO. He died from it. He had to pause and stop the game and ask what happened to him because it happened so fast....lol Its stage specific but sooooooo **** when it works :)

If you guys have interest.....I'll make a thread. :awesome:

I looked at the archives and found nothing on this. I wouldnt be surprised if Beefy found this before me though.

Top Bottom