• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree, there's always stuff that we can improve upon. However, I feel that if we change the reason for doing LH game nights, then what's the point?

/hippie 2.0

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
as much as i want to find more ppl that play the same game as me

i would also like to discover new games

i never really played shooters until i tried l4d2 which i found really fun compared to other shooters

BSP

Smash Legend
Racing has pretty much been the life of the Mario Universe board, and we made a pretty nice community from it as well.

We just had another MKW tournament today, and I forgot how much fun they are. 12 man room is so chaotic, it's great.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I agree with the above. How do people feel about a set schedule, though? If it repeated on a cycle other than 7 days, the specific day of the week that each one happened on would be different each week, but it would still be in order and predictable. I think that would be more fair for balancing whats played instead of throwing whatever into the week's list.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
MKW tourney for Race night on Sunday, which was yesterday. ;p

Host:
Gatlin

Participants:
Shök
Gatlin
Thino
Aria (insert music note)
SuperMetroid44
Z'zgashi
BSP
Airgemini
Yoshi8984
Ulises3000
Camerino1
Vinyl.

Also, what's this I'm hearing about New management? Can someone fill me in?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Oh, I have no idea how F8AL was keeping track of games. Unless someone knows, I will have to restart all the counts on who played what.

D

Deleted member

iirc tery kep track and it's probably just an excel sheet with usernames and total amount of nights they participated

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I had a Excel spreadsheet with every participant, the number of events they participated in, and whether or not they had hosted an event. However, I've long since deleted the document.

That is all. F8AL only has the outdated versions from before he passed them over to me, but those were a mess.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yes. You will need to start from zero if you're going to remanage this. I can check my Recycle Bin but it's been over a month and I usually clear my trash every two weeks or so but maybe it's still there.

Edit--Yeah it's gone.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So were starting over from scratch?

edit- sorry was on an outdated thread. If were starting from scratch, that gives us more freedom to improve the system.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why does it matter if tallies start over? It's literally impossible to recover / recreate the tallies prior to when I stopped keeping track. Not only is starting a fresh new set of tallies simple, but makes the most sense under a brand new system.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, I'm all for resetting the points.

If the games nights are going to be significantly less frequent, maybe the postbit requirements should be lowered?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
The idea was that the previous system made it too easy to get the points necessary, those already with the really good postbits will have gotten them at "a time it was easier to do so."

I'm not personally opposed to the idea, it's probably better not to cause people to feel like they've lost their progress. I'm not opposed to resetting the points, either. I'm just trying to add a bit of input.

I'll leave it to Crimson. And Crimson, feel free to PM if you want any of my input or help with this thread.

yani

Smash Lord
Maybe a bit easy, but still. It's essentially the same postbit with a different color, is that such a big deal? If people kept every single postbit as they advanced, then I would understand. But they do not.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How is it easy? This has been going on for at least 6 months and people have just started to get the 50 points thing. What other post bit on the site takes that much work? Even if its just an hour each session, thats 50 hours into the postbit (though I would say its generally a few hours each time)

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I agree on that. Easier...then there would be much more people at the 50 mark. It is just peoples availability is all. That is why I felt the system is fine as it is but heck, if it changes then it is fine.

:phone:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
To clarify, it being easier was not my opinion. It's what I assumed other people might think - hence the quotes.

Starting everyone off at their current postbit sounds like a good idea though. I hope this all works out, I'd like to see the game nights back on track. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im actually surprised I don't have the 20 one... If i didn't have it i know I was really close... gonna suck going back to 5 :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
There are only two options: reset all points and postbits or reset to the last postbit you have.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I know, im just complaining :p

in any case, we should get something rolling. How close are you on deciding a new system CK?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Have at it. I don't really care that much.

I won't be awarding the host postbits anymore. I will probably also do away with the lower ones. So, I'd say 25 and 50 stay. The rest seem superfluous.

As for when we start: Anyone who wants to host official games should create a sign up by Friday. I'll update the OP with the sign ups. For next week, I want 3 gaming nights to start off. Feel free to play on the other nights, but only sign up ones count towards postbits. I think this will maximize people's abilities to try new games; you have a lot fewer opportunities to earn credit, so you have to step out of your comfort zone.

D

Deleted member

So, I'd say 25 and 50 stay. The rest seem superfluous.
how about we give people who currently have the higher 2 the ones that would be removed, and then use the higher ones for like 100 and 250 or something really high

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
RIP Light House. Won't be bothering here anymore
For someone who only has the very first post bit, it seems like you care far too much about this game night thing.

If these postbits are the only reason that you're coming in here, then you're coming in here for the wrong reasons. Game nights are meant to encourage having fun with other members, and the rest of the board is for discussion of games in general. If you're not here for either of those, then I see no reason why you should even be participating in game nights, to be perfectly honest.

Top Bottom