• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I think the rule is he keeps the charge if he hits... If its dodged,shielded or missed he looses the charge right?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Lucas Bair is a strong killer active for two frames with almost no disjoint at all, and it is not regulated by OU (that was an idea we toyed with for a single day).
I think it's a disjoint in the same sense that Snake's vBrawl utilt was disjointed, where his leg was technically in that space for a brief period, but the mechanics of Smash's hitboxes caused the hitbox to occupy places where Snake's leg apparently wasn't. The end result being that Lucas's new bair feels much more disjointed than is warranted by its current power level, just because of the way it relates to the position of the rest of his body.

So maybe technically I'm wrong, but the way it feels to a player is that Lucas has a lot of room to work with on the move.

Dair hits frames 10-13, which is faster than demo 1's bair meteor (17ish) but slower than demo 1 dair (4ish). It is single hit, but is a meteor and not a spike.
Maybe faster is the incorrect term. The current dair does not last as long as demo one's dair overall, and the business hitbox occurs considerably earlier than the most powerful hitbox in demo 1's dair.

And like I said, it's been a while since I seriously fiddled with Lucas. When I stopped playing him, there was a start-up hitbox in front of him. Apparently it has since been removed.

All the rest of the stuff is pretty much as I remember Lucas.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think it's a disjoint in the same sense that Snake's vBrawl utilt was disjointed, where his leg was technically in that space for a brief period, but the mechanics of Smash's hitboxes caused the hitbox to occupy places where Snake's leg apparently wasn't. The end result being that Lucas's new bair feels much more disjointed than is warranted by its current power level, just because of the way it relates to the position of the rest of his body.

So maybe technically I'm wrong, but the way it feels to a player is that Lucas has a lot of room to work with on the move.

Maybe faster is the incorrect term. The current dair does not last as long as demo one's dair overall, and the business hitbox occurs considerably earlier than the most powerful hitbox in demo 1's dair.

And like I said, it's been a while since I seriously fiddled with Lucas. When I stopped playing him, there was a start-up hitbox in front of him. Apparently it has since been removed.

You're talking about an old build. The current bair doesn't do that. It doesn't stretch and it's very much not disjointed. You said yourself that you haven't played Lucas recently, and he's received a ton of changes, so please stop spreading misinformation.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only

No, I'm telling you right now as the person who coded Bair that it has zero horizontal disjoint and very minimal vertical disjoint. It lasts for two frames and his foot matches the hitbox for both of those frames.

Hitbox Pic

Yes a version from a month ago was slower, stronger, and had a substantial disjoint.

I appreciate that you're trying to help answer questions here but please let myself or another PMBR member answer these questions as we'd prefer to either give an accurate answer or deliberately respond that we don't want to divulge XYZ information right now (if move is changing, etc etc). Thanks.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
A lot of moves (especially on smaller characters) have enlarged or stretched limbs during the attack to make the animation read better or have better reach, fyi. But yes, dat boot.

leelue

Smash Lord
concerning that hitbox pic, the grey bar is the trajectory?
And I've always been curious to know what happens in the overlapping area.

Also, the link to the irc is gone now. Makes me have to go find it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@leelue

The bars in the spheres show the trajectory.

Offensive collision commands (hitboxes) in PSA are ranked in order, usually from 0 (highest priority) to a max of 4 (lowest priority). If two hitboxes overlap and the overlap hits an opponent, it will choose the one with the lower order number / higher priority and use that hitbox's data.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Completely unrelated, but SHeLL, your avatar is bothering me.. Seeing someone holding a flute wrong kills me. Lol

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
You're talking about an old build. The current bair doesn't do that. It doesn't stretch and it's very much not disjointed. You said yourself that you haven't played Lucas recently, and he's received a ton of changes, so please stop spreading misinformation.
OMG your sig has my youtube account on it.

Why personally sir, I'm honored

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have stopped spreading misinformation. I was just trying to clarify what I meant in my post about bair and dair, since I clearly miscommunicated.

Apparently bair has been toned down considerably, though. I was totally unaware of that.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hey, I never noticed that this site had account anniversaries on the home page (I never leave the Workshop forums).

Happy anniversary Sir Combee and I R MarF.

On topic: When are we getting the next 4 character updates?

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I see that you guys are still using the Demo 1 version of yoshi's story. There were a couple of things that always bothered me (the trees and pak e derm's gigantic feet), so I made some changes to it a year ago or so, but I never uploaded it because I thought someone would fix that eventually.

Anyway, IMO it looks much better now and you can include it in the demo 2 if you want.

Comparison:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?58b7ab1qxuoza8v

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The tree does indeed resemble Melee a little more. I'll show it around. I can't promise we'll use it, but who knows? Thanks for offering help.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
In order to make full use of the moonwalk mechanic, we have seen fit to confirm Michael Jackson for Demo 2 with a moveset inspired from Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. He even gets Mecha Michael as a final smash! Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom