• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Does he have a sex kick? I bet it'd be great against the likes of the mother boys and Tink. :smirk:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
He felt solid, but it would be nice if his shine were toned down a bit. Michel Jackson will certainly become one of the dominant forces in the P:M Ubers metagame.

:phone:
We tried to edit his shine, but Michael just refuses to stop shining brightly. I do love the sparkle graphics on his F-tilt and F-air coupled with the "WHOO!" SFX.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I have stopped spreading misinformation. I was just trying to clarify what I meant in my post about bair and dair, since I clearly miscommunicated.

Apparently bair has been toned down considerably, though. I was totally unaware of that.
hey... you managed to get information out of the PMBR... well done=)...

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I don't think I've ever checked this thread before, but it's awesome seeing people really into this and some who have been waiting eagerly since demo 1 O.O

IMO I think there are still a lot of general mechanics that need to be implemented/transferred which would change the game A LOT but it's cool to see a lot of support still.

As a playtester, I can comment on some little things but the most important changes are really making it into melee 2.0. I give the most credit to the people actually coding this beast, and I'm sure it takes way more effort and time than what I'm doing.

metroid1117

Smash Master
IMO I think there are still a lot of general mechanics that need to be implemented/transferred which would change the game A LOT but it's cool to see a lot of support still.
What kind of mechanics are you referring to? I know edge teching, momentum from airdodges on frame 1, and momentum on techs still need to be fixed, but what else is there?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We have a really long list of stuff to do in the BR. You needn't concern yourself with what needs to be done, however.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There are several attributes that determine a moonwalk's distance.
I summon Magus420 in Attack mode.

Magus420

Smash Master
Dash initial velocity, dash acceleration A + dash acceleration B, and the initial dash animation length. Initial speed is how much you need to counteract before you start going backwards, acceleration is how fast you accelerate forward/back with stick input per frame, and the animation length determines how many frames you can accelerate back for before it ends.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well specifically Fox MU's seem to work that way. Fox puts everyone on the defensive with his 1 frame bull****....it's annoying. But really good players with pretty much every character will kill him if he slips up.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Falco and Falcon too cause they fast-fall.

Sheik falls into so many combos because of her silly physics.

Ice Climbers and Doc cause they got poor aerial options and recoveries lol

Its not what I'd call uncommon :p

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
DDD vs. Fox doesn't feel very much like Marth vs. Fox to me. It's more like Ganon vs. Fox, although I think DDD fares considerably better against Fox than Melee Ganon did for reasons that I won't go into here right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom