• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tree is a TX Sheik, I've played him a few times.

I doubt its all related. In TX we had a Leaf, a Tree, a Shamrock etc. and its got nothing to do with each other.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Is there a thread, picture, or something that will show me the approximate area that each character can be footstooled?
I remembered this and took a few pictures for you. Footstool range looks pretty pathetic actually.

I did MK footstooling Snake Air to Air and Air to Ground and Snake footstooling MK Air to Air and Air to Ground just to see if height mattered much.

[COLLAPSE="Tall-Short Air to Ground"]

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Tall-Short Air to Air"]

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Short-Tall Air to Ground"]

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Short-Tall Air to Air"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Assuming someone expects you to try footstooling, it doesn't appear it would help you avoid an attack.

I didn't attempt footstooling during animations.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can someone tell me the command for wavebouncing a Neutral-B? Is it reasonably reliable without B-Sticking?

C.J.

Smash Master
>direction you're not facing
>return to neutral
>special button
>direction you were originally facing (within 4 frames iirc).

Not overly difficult imo. I use it to recover w/ Marth's SB consistently. If I can do it, I'm 100% sure everyone else can as well.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Just takes some practice, but it's not too bad since it's not as hard to hit as a one frame time window.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's just that I want to wavebounce so that I'm moving forward and facing forward beforehand, then change momentum to backward while facing forward.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, the input that CJ gave you does that. If you're going forward, simply flick back, return to neutral, press B, and then flick forward again.

BSP

Smash Legend
Bookmarking that, thanks guys.

Too bad it's somewhat useless for Sonic lol. Mario and Luigi can probably get a kick out of it though.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I really doubt it's a 4-frame window, cause it's easy. I wavebounce all the time, and I never mess up.
Not with my main, anyway.

zmx

Smash Lord
I really doubt it's a 4-frame window, cause it's easy. I wavebounce all the time, and I never mess up.
Not with my main, anyway.
This.

By wavebouncing you mean reversing b without momentum shifting right? As in you end up using your B move the other way while turning at the same time.

Yeah, that's really easy once you get it down. I can do it with the entire cast, there's no way it's a 4 frame window.

zmx

Smash Lord
It's just that I want to wavebounce so that I'm moving forward and facing forward beforehand, then change momentum to backward while facing forward.
Alright, I'm not sure what you mean now.

A video of what you're trying to do would help.

C.J.

Smash Master
That's what the smash lab says.

And 4 frames to hit a direction after hitting B is really easy.

zmx

Smash Lord
That's what the smash lab says.

And 4 frames to hit a direction after hitting B is really easy.
Hmm perhaps it's just muscle memory so we don't realize it's that small of a time frame.

Because honestly when you think about it, 4 frames is 1/15th of second and it just doesn't feel like an average player could pull off something like that consistently. It just doesn't feel like I'm doing the inputs that fast.

I'm curious now, do you know how much a typical DACUS is? For say Falco for instance?

C.J.

Smash Master
it varies between characters. The only one I know for sure is that Sheik's DACUS has a 2 frame window.

zmx

Smash Lord
Yeah, I knew Shiek's had the strictest timing but was unsure of how strict it was.

Hmmm, 2 frame window. I can actually do Sheik's DACUS but have trouble with other stuff that probably has more linear timings. I guess ultimately it just comes down to muscle memory.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Turnaround-B = change direction of attack, but momentum stays the same
B-reversal = Change both direction of attack and momentum of character
Wavebounce = Change momentum of character, direction of attack stays the same.

And I'm really surprised that it's only a 4-frame window, didn't think my fingers would be able to move that fast.
Then again people always tell me I have tech skill out the *** so I dunno lol

smashnovice

Smash Rookie
Where's the best place to see if there's a local scene where i live? I'm not aware of any, but I'm a complete beginner to the scene, so I figured I should ask here first :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Every character has the same chance of tripping, right?
Excluding the fact that some characters spend more time on the ground/run around more than others, because objectively speaking that's dependent on the player and not the character. But each time you initiate a dash, you have a 1% chance of tripping (iirc) and this applies to every character, correct?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Every character has the same chance of tripping, right?
Excluding the fact that some characters spend more time on the ground/run around more than others, because objectively speaking that's dependent on the player and not the character. But each time you initiate a dash, you have a 1% chance of tripping (iirc) and this applies to every character, correct?
luigi has 2% but otherwise u are correct

edit: allshort, instant tossing is picking up an item with an airdodge and cancelling the airdodge startup with an item toss

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
luigi has a 2% chance of tripping, everyone else is 1.

instant toss is performed with the exact same motion as a glide toss, but in the air.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I think thats the general thing everyone thought a while ago and it spread like that.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
is a soft landing only when you land with an air dodge? or is there other circumstances
and btw whats frame data for soft landings? is there lag?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think you only get soft landings if you land at a low speed and low height. You'll only really get soft landings if you short hop and slow fall, land right on platforms or ledge hop on the stage low enough. Soft landings for everyone is 2 frames. Soft landing also effects the amount of RCO lag you get which I think is 15 frames for everyone who gets RCO lag.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Hey guys;

Recently I bought a GameCube/Wii Camelion controller from GameStop. They were surprisingly 14 bucks.

Is the camelion controller just like the GameCube controller or does it work just as well? Should I return them and buy some other controller?

The R, L, and Z keys are a bit hard to press. Is this normal?

Thanks.

:phone:

dengel

Smash Cadet
I asked a question in the Luigi Q&A thread and got mixed answers so I was directed here.

Does crouching after a Jab1 (for Luigi or any other character) only give you more advantage if you're doing another Jab1, or does it also help with a grab follow-up or some other move like a f-tilt/d-smash. And is it generally the same for every character?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
crouching after Jab1 does give you more advantage because it will cancel the jab sequence earlier. When you Jab1 you will naturally Jab2 if you hit attack again. However, you can interrupt the sequence by crouching and then you can attack quicker with a different attack.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
does everyone who has a Zair land with a soft landing when they land with their zair? like toon link, lucas, link, and samus?
i heard it auto cancels, but i don't think it does because
usually i can quickdraw (arrow cancel) if a move auto cancels

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If a move autocancels, it by definition cannot force an arrow cancel (unless I'm thinking of the totally wrong tech). You must be mistaking autocancel for a move that finishes before you land.

And the soft land depends on frames spent in terminal velocity I believe. However, there is no landing animation and will put you in the default landing position (which most people refer to as an autocancel)

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
ok whats the landing called when you land with a Zair??
it seems to have no lag at all but im not sure

Top Bottom