• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
toasty said:
I can't wait to see those huge oily ******* again, but in IMAX!!!!!!!!!!
Imax you say? Sounds....gynormous. Too bad in Gloucester there is only one (or if Im lucky 2) movie theaters. I need mah effing car soon. <.<

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol shoulda done so before DK, now its going to pale in comparison
also: **** them for changing Abe's voice in hellboy 2

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I never saw Hellboy 1 and I saw the second one >_> good stuff though it may pale in comparison, true. But yo CStick, can you make it to Hampton tomorrow night at 7 to see DK in IMAX [LMAO hilarious image for someone who doesn't know I meant the Dark Knight] hmmm I'm assuming you have work but I'm throwin out the invite anyway :) That goes to all of SoVa...Virginia Air and Space Center

apparently it's an amazing difference [since all the action sequences were SHOT for IMAX, instead of 35mm like the rest of the film]

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Lol I totally saw Donkey Kong in Imax running through my mind. Donkey Kong with some huge oily *******... I dont think i wanna see imax anymore. Not cool lol.

toasty

Smash Hero

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
That set was a wakeup call to the smash world.... melee will NEVER die..... especially with epic sets like that.

Edit: Slash, I would hang, but I don't have a ride....

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Lol I saw dk in my head and started to think about the king of kong that o so good but kind of sad documentary.

Hmmm. I may not be able to make it to watch the dark knight on imax BUT since it is in my town would any1 be interested in playing brawl after the movie? *looks at toasty with puppy dog eyes*
We haven't played in awhile I miss the R.O.B practice and the teams :(

D0N

Smash Ace
I want to see Dark Knight in imax, its a movie i refuse to watch on boot leg. I cant go wednesday tho, gotta work @ 7. Wish I could.

lol at all the DK confusion.

toasty

Smash Hero
I'm considering it, Kadaj. Not sure just yet. I will let you know :)

also: you can help train my Marth, if/when I show up ^_^ I was working on him tonight for a small bit at Black-G's. Seems okay so far. At least I can beat his Metaknight =D but I still need a loooot more work.

also: LUCARIO IS SOOOOO FUN TO USE @_@

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Toasty that set was too f***in good. the music in the final match made it more epic.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Toasty, I finally checked out that music stuff. Extremely cool. Let me know about the DVD.

Also, Kadaj, King of Kong is awesome. I'm sure you'll agree when I highly recommend everyone on here check that out.

And Slash, I'm going to call you in the next couple of days about playing.

The Dark Knight = best film of 2008 so far (followed by In Bruges). Ledger's Joker was amazing. Everyone else was top notch as well. Crossing fingers for posthumous Oscar.

toasty

Smash Hero
Serpent...I don't remember if you posted [and I'm too lazy to scroll]...can you see or do you want to see Dark Knight in IMAX tomorrow????

also: did you still want to make a thread on AiB for the Hi Score tourney? just use the info I posted and remove the teams part since I think we'll only have time for singles [goooooddaaaaamnit]

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4908742&postcount=6127

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Serpent...I don't remember if you posted [and I'm too lazy to scroll]...can you see or do you want to see Dark Knight in IMAX tomorrow????

also: did you still want to make a thread on AiB for the Hi Score tourney? just use the info I posted and remove the teams part since I think we'll only have time for singles [goooooddaaaaamnit]

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4908742&postcount=6127
Yes and yes. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

What show time? I'll meet you guys there. I might bring a friend. I'll let you know if something comes up. Kadaj, would you mind if I played some Smash with you guys after the film, or will it be too crowded?

D0N

Smash Ace
Depending on how late i get out of work i may show up for brawl tomorow if kadaj is cool with that, I dont mean to turn it into a mini fest if it isnt. I ussually get out at about 11 but my boss says its gonna be a short day so ill try.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
ooh....is that like...Salem? like around Lynnhaven/Indian River? If so...****. I'm not quite close to that at all :(

but you're not too far from Slash, Dobee, O-NO, and a few others...
Yup, I used to go to Salem High when I lived there. ****, your not close. But how close are the others? Because the Beach lacks a decent transportation system (HRT sucks for me) and cabs are expensive. I'll have to beg my dad for transporation. **** I wish I had my license.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
O-NO lives off of S.Independence by TCC...Slash/Dobee live by Holland/Dam Neck

I live in Norfolk by ODU :(

some Melee players live really close to you though. But they don't play Brawl much
That's awesome. I know where these places are. And I rather play Melee. It's my cousin who is the Brawl fanatic. The trouble is just getting there.

rhan

Smash Hero
Omg. Your my new bestest buddy S.R. XXVII. Anyone who prefers Melee over Brawl is a pro in my book!

toasty

Smash Hero
STARS/KF: please move to Norfolk or at least closer to me...so I can play Melee with you guys all the tiiiimmmeee ^_^

I don't know...I want to get deep into it again after the August 9th tourney...but then again: THERE'S MP-JUBILEE IN NORTH CAROLINAAAAA!!!! But I may play Melee there too :) so yeah I'm up for Melee training the week of August 11th.

speaking of which:

who from SoVa wants to/is able to go to Jubilee??? it's a ****load of fun even if you don't enter in the tourneys :)

toasty

Smash Hero
lolllll you're a dork for writing that, Riku ;)

I've seen that set like 4 times already...sooooooo good. both players also have some of the most epic vids on youtube. Shiz vs. Forward [where Forward quits after 3rd stock] and of course: M2K Vs. PC Chris @ EvoEast...

*waits for Riku to say "OHHH MANNN"*
hahahaha ^_^

oh and for those who haven't seen the DaShizWiz vs. Forward match...I believe this was after Pound 2 last year when Forward, in all his arrogant splendor, decided to just "hang around" the East Coast and crash all the tourneys he could in hopes of proving how awesome he is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhtKLht6u8E

Forward is Marth.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Lol. Thanks Rhan. I have fun in Brawl for like 2 hours. Then I put in Melee until I fall asleep. I hated re-adjusting for Brawl to Melee when it first started, now I can keep my tech skills back and forth.(what little there is to keep)

rhan

Smash Hero
toasty said:
STARS/KF: please move to Norfolk or at least closer to me...so I can play Melee with you guys all the tiiiimmmeee ^_^
HEY TOASTY! :D

How about you move out here in the country with dem corn fields like me? Not much video game players out hurr in dem corn fields....Seriously....Imma die out here....y.y

Orochi RiKu said:
Melee...... will... never... die... never......
You said a mouth full. Melee isn't dead p\or dying for that matter. It's just the begining of a new era!

S.R. XXVII said:
Lol. Thanks Rhan. I have fun in Brawl for like 2 hours. Then I put in Melee until I fall asleep. I hated re-adjusting for Brawl to Melee when it first started, now I can keep my tech skills back and forth.(what little there is to keep)
Dude....We have so much in common.

D0N

Smash Ace
Im gonna be back in college around that time so im not gonna be doing much of anything after the august 9th tourney for atleast a month or so. But then again my college is in NC so maybe. I can try to find people near my college who play. what part of NC mp-jubilee?

rhan

Smash Hero
Aug. 9th maybe? They might allow at least ONE Melee set up in the whole place. PLEEEEEEASE TOASTY? :D

Top Bottom