• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangston

Smash Lord
k cool....

remember if anyone needs doubles partner tell me :D
I'm going to need a double partner. I'm okay you can ask kenny or Dryu ;) I'm not really a big fan of double because it's just as chaotic as a ffa I just play in the double to get warmed up. So if you want a Falco/DK/Falcon on your team you need to look no further.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
What?

That's a reference to my job... Milestone build = when you make a software build that the publisher will pay you for if it's good enough; one of the major causes of crunch time. Milestone = preproduction, production, alpha, beta, etc.

If I'm missing something else here and it has to do with the tourney today let me know since I'm about to take off to go there.

-Final-

Aria♪
That was one of the funnest tourneys I've been to in a while. I think I got 5th or something like that.

Is this a monthly or one-time tourney?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I hope its monthly, because I want to go next time... It would be the perfect opportunity, too, since it is at a place like PnT and not someone's basement. I couldn't come today because my current job had me from 2-7 pm.
Luckily, my NEW job goes 8 AM to 2 PM every Saturday, except the ones I request off, so although I won't be able to make it to the team matches of any competition I will make the singles. :) Whenever my mom lets me come, anyway.
Please be monthly, please be monthly, please be monthly...

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Personally I like the fact of having it at someones basement, cuz you can sit..... Anyway, that was a real fun tourney. I did decent with my Mario and TL.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's going to be monthly. After it was over and everyone was practical gone Fate said he is going to have it on the 2nd Saturday of each month.

___X___

Smash Lord
there are tourneys every month. the next one is the 18th of october.

O RLY?

he kinda already knew that, he just wanted to know if THIS tournament has been decided to be a monthly tournament.

ALSO this tournament was effing fun! and funny!
one of the best ive been to! i say we have these every month!

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, that was a real fun tourney. I did decent with my Mario and TL.
Yeah it was really fun, especially my match with you and the friendlies with your crew.

Rade walked around the whole time pretending he was in charge.
Haha- Yaz you did good and I enjoyed our match.

me and fate are shooting for the 2nd saturday of each month for this one
As mentioned elsewhere if it's on the 11th next month that's when my brother is getting married but I'll try to make it to the ones after that.

wangston

Smash Lord
I loved how Yaz, Kenny, X, and I were all on one side and we played in the 3rd round. It would have been so much easier to have been on the other side of the bracket. Why am I always playing X so early in every tournament, it think something is up.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...with this being on the 2nd Saturday of the month, then next month, there will be a tournament three weeks in a row; October 11 (Tourny of Fate 2), October 18 (Metal Awesome 8), and October 25 (Anime Banzai).

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
My bad on the seeding I only seeded the first matches, but kenny is going to show me how to get good seeding for next time.

Wangston Every MA tourny I have been to I have played Dai-a with in my first 2-3 games and I know how you feel dai-a is just to good.

But ya lada fun i talked to everyone there and it sounded like the 2nd Sat of every month should work fine, FTS never does his tournys on the first or second Sat so it shouldn't cause problems with that. We had a decent turn out for the first time and there were alot of people who didn't show who I thought were going to so next time should be better, alot of new faces all cool guys that sounded like they wanted to come to more so MA should get alot more people this time around if they can make it.

Also sorry to the melee player I dont have a copy of it so when I said we could have melee I should have said we can have melee but you'll need to bring a copy of it, we can do it next time for sure if we have at least 3 wii's going for Brawl then if someone can bring a wii or cube for melee that would be great.

here are the results:

1 Team Smash : $40.00
2 CorruptRade : $24.00
3 Ryu's wang : $8.00
4 FinalBag
5 IDK
5 cogorasua
7 Duken and Gabby
7 Voidagainst

1 Lada : $50.00 (rob)
2 Yaz : $30.00 (MK but DK at times)
3 _ : $10.00 (Sonic)
4 Kenny (Snake)
5 Staz (? not sure who he mained this tourny)
5 Poji (?)
7 Wild Child (Marth)
7 Hunter (not sure for this one)
9 Rade
9 Wangston
9 Jellyfish
9 Barfy
13 Brian
13 Timothy
13 Vasor
13 joebag
17 Fate
17 Dsmnd
17 Nuts
17 Erin

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wished I could've come to this tourney, oh well. Things went smoothly I assume, besides the seeding that is.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
ill bring copies of both melee and brawl next time and i have some chairs i could bring in my truck

-Final-

Aria♪
My bad on the seeding I only seeded the first matches, but kenny is going to show me how to get good seeding for next time.

Wangston Every MA tourny I have been to I have played Dai-a with in my first 2-3 games and I know how you feel dai-a is just to good.

But ya lada fun i talked to everyone there and it sounded like the 2nd Sat of every month should work fine, FTS never does his tournys on the first or second Sat so it shouldn't cause problems with that. We had a decent turn out for the first time and there were alot of people who didn't show who I thought were going to so next time should be better, alot of new faces all cool guys that sounded like they wanted to come to more so MA should get alot more people this time around if they can make it.

Also sorry to the melee player I dont have a copy of it so when I said we could have melee I should have said we can have melee but you'll need to bring a copy of it, we can do it next time for sure if we have at least 3 wii's going for Brawl then if someone can bring a wii or cube for melee that would be great.

here are the results:

1 Team Smash : $40.00
2 CorruptRade : $24.00
3 Ryu's wang : $8.00
4 FinalBag
5 IDK
5 cogorasua
7 Duken and Gabby
7 Voidagainst

1 Lada : $50.00 (rob)
2 Yaz : $30.00 (MK but DK at times)
3 _ : $10.00 (Sonic)
4 Kenny (Snake)
5 Staz (? not sure who he mained this tourny)
5 Poji (?)
7 Wild Child (Marth)
7 Hunter (not sure for this one)
9 Rade
9 Wangston
9 Jellyfish
9 Barfy
13 Brian
13 Timothy
13 Vasor
13 joebag
17 Fate
17 Dsmnd
17 Nuts
17 Erin
I played Ice Climbers and R.O.B., Poji played snake , and I think Staz was DK.
I almost won something in doubles...

I can bring my wii and copies of brawl and melee to the next tourney.

wangston

Smash Lord
Fate let me know when you get those pics up. I think I'm going to make a sig that says Utah's number one smasher.... with a stache. Or something along those lines.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I played Ice Climbers and R.O.B., Poji played snake , and I think Staz was DK.
I almost won something in doubles...

I can bring my wii and copies of brawl and melee to the next tourney.
Thx ill get that change then if someone can send it in that would be nice I dont know where to send it. =P

Fate let me know when you get those pics up. I think I'm going to make a sig that says Utah's number one smasher.... with a stache. Or something along those lines.
Ya ill let you know, and I might toss my stache into the ring just to show you..... but I don't think Kalya would like it.

___X___

Smash Lord
hmmmm, we talkin bout staches over here?
ill let you know that when i don't shave... my stach is like my long hair... but ON MY FACE

wangston

Smash Lord
hmmmm, we talkin bout staches over here?
ill let you know that when i don't shave... my stach is like my long hair... but ON MY FACE
Hahaha. Yeah your stache is just as long as you hair hahaha:laugh:

Thats it we are going have a money match for staches. Who ever has the biggest stache by the next tournament wins. Winner takes all.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I loved how Yaz, Kenny, X, and I were all on one side and we played in the 3rd round. It would have been so much easier to have been on the other side of the bracket. Why am I always playing X so early in every tournament, it think something is up.
Because you are new to the tourney scene=your seeding is not so high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom