• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
So it turns out that wedding is tonight instead of tomorrow so I might end up making it this weekend after all. If someone is desperate for a partner I'll play doubles, but be warned that I'm super n00b and still slowly learning and getting better.

Looking forward to the Melee singles this time too. :)

I wonder if the tourney will wind down at 6 or 8 or whatever it was last time, instead of lasting until the store closed or longer...

-Final-

Aria♪
Okay, I can do teams with you. I think I saw you at one of the playntrade tourneys, but I can't remember who you are. I'll just find out tomorrow.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Jessie introduced us, calling you the biggest jerk in the world besides X. So I said, "Nice to meet you, Jerk." :p

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm going to beat Mega Man X2 tomorrow on that weird nes/snes player tomorrow and if anyone changes the game, touches it, turns it off, or does any other thing to mess with my progress I swear I will punch them in the face. Okay maybe I won't punch you in the face but I really want to beat that game, I have nothing better to do while sitting and waiting on matches and friendlies.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I'm going to beat Mega Man X2 tomorrow on that weird nes/snes player tomorrow and if anyone changes the game, touches it, turns it off, or does any other thing to mess with my progress I swear I will punch them in the face. Okay maybe I won't punch you in the face but I really want to beat that game, I have nothing better to do while sitting and waiting on matches and friendlies.
And losing money to me.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Megaman X2 is probably the best out of the entire Megaman series (except for Megaman Zero, but I'm biased).
DRyu, you aren't going to be there so Wangston's comment stands. :p
I'll probably egg you on while you play. When we were 5 my friends and I would watch one guy in particular play X2. Boy, all the good memories. :) Do the level with the Stag boss when I'm watching, I never figured out how to get past the lava. :p

@Final: Lol, he was just trying to be fun while introducing me to people. Except for those psychopathic asians sitting in the corner playing Melee... ;)

___X___

Smash Lord
whos talking about MEGAMAN X????

i **** in all the games, not only have i beat ALL of the X series, but that's the main reason why my smash name is X

and also i have beaten all of megaman zeros and megaman ZX. BESIDES ZX advent... i need to get that game *Sniffle sniffle*

lengeta

Smash Ace
I've been playing Megaman 9, the new one you can download off X-Box Live. It's old-school, and so much fun. Hard as **** though.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
ZX Advent looks good, doesn't it?

Riddle me this, _____--
Which other Utah smasher has a name that was based off of one of the rivals from a Megaman game (any series)?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
LOL. I've never found a Mega Man game to be "hard" at all. All Mega Man games just require good memorization and decent reflexes.

Fate, I'm getting off of work at 4:00 today. I'll rush to PnT as soon as I can. I don't know if that's enough time for making it to singles, but I'll do my best. Put my name down just in case.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I plan on bringing my Wii. My mom might disagree, so don't plan on having it there, but just don't be surprised if I show up with it in hand. Less waiting time, right?

X2 is the best of the X series, much better than Megaman X5 (That's the one with the count-down timer, isn't it?)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
ZX Advent looks good, doesn't it?

Riddle me this, _____--
Which other Utah smasher has a name that was based off of one of the rivals from a Megaman game (any series)?
Zero, I win go me go me go.

LOL. I've never found a Mega Man game to be "hard" at all. All Mega Man games just require good memorization and decent reflexes.

Fate, I'm getting off of work at 4:00 today. I'll rush to PnT as soon as I can. I don't know if that's enough time for making it to singles, but I'll do my best. Put my name down just in case.
I'll try and delay it for a bit, with pizza and warmups after teams.

Yaz can do any thing!! I once saw him out run the flash, then he kicked superman in the nuts and said "kryptonite toed boots you *** hole"

harpuia190

Smash Ace
*this message is directed at whoever thinks they are megamen pros*
PFFT DONT EVEN TRY TO PRETEND YOUR BETTER/MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE AT MEGAMAN THEN ME OR MINATO

i dont know about minato but i have played every single main megaman game, cept the most recent star force game

MMX1 is the greatest of the series no question, even though MMX2 was where zero made his awesome POWERED UP debut, MMX1 is still the best

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Singles:

1: Ken neth
2: X
3: Waff
4: Lada
5: Staz
5: Yammerz
7: Rade
7: Final
9: Sucha
9: Fate
9: Wangston
9: Minato
13: Anonano
13: Adalinda
13: Police
13: CREA
17: Vasor
17: C!Z

Teams:

1: Team Smash (Ken Neth + Yaz)
2: ******* (Satz + X)
3: Bagg of Burritos (Waff + Rade)
4: Team DK (C!Z + Yamer)
5: Fate's Wang (Corrupt Fate + Wangston)
5: Perfect Asians (PC + Crea)
7: I Don't Care (Anonano + Final63)
7: Adalinda (Such + Mike)
9: Bros before hoes (Lada + Dyu)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Okay, three things for me:
1) Bring back-up food in case there is no food (Otherwise I will go into the twilight zone like I did today- Minato can vouch for me. Sorry for screaming in your ear.)
2) Bring a pillow (In case I get tired even with the back-up food)
3) Start smashing with DRyu. (So I can actually play a decent Link/Lucario/Falco when I next come).

Corrupt_Fate. I never met Zero so HE DOESN'T COUNT, GOODBYE.
The person I was talking about posted above Staz. :)

DRyu, I will invite you over to my house soon! I MUST IMPROVE.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll try and delay it for a bit, with pizza and warmups after teams.
Thanks for stalling. I'm glad I made it in time.

*this message is directed at whoever thinks they are megamen pros*
PFFT DONT EVEN TRY TO PRETEND YOUR BETTER/MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE AT MEGAMAN THEN ME OR MINATO

i dont know about minato but i have played every single main megaman game, cept the most recent star force game

MMX1 is the greatest of the series no question, even though MMX2 was where zero made his awesome POWERED UP debut, MMX1 is still the best
True, true, so very true ^^. Have you ever played Rockman EXE 4.5 Real Operation, Rade? That was actually a fun battle network game. Just download it and see if there's an english patch. If not, just use a guide.

I don't know why, but the X series is my least favorite. It has more downs than ups. I love classic Mega Man and Mega Man Legends the most. 3 games for the Legends series isn't enough. Misadventures of Tron Bonne can't hold me until Legend 3.

1) Bring back-up food in case there is no food (Otherwise I will go into the twilight zone like I did today- Minato can vouch for me. Sorry for screaming in your ear.)
Either I became deaf, or that never happened. I don't remember you screaming into my ear...

I don't know where I'll end up in Brawl. I'm just not good at it. Fun tourney by the way, Fate.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
2) Bring a pillow (In case I get tired even with the back-up food)
3) Start smashing with DRyu. (So I can actually play a decent Link/Lucario/Falco when I next come).

Corrupt_Fate. I never met Zero so HE DOESN'T COUNT, GOODBYE.
The person I was talking about posted above Staz. :)

DRyu, I will invite you over to my house soon! I MUST IMPROVE.
Well for most tournies you do have to either bring your own food or go get some, thats why we had a break in the middle. the pizza bailed and im not sure why exactly i was just told that "**** hit the fan" so better luck next time. anyway it's not my job to feed everyone there its a nice little thing we do for the weeklies and I try for the bigger ones at PnT if I can.

___X___

Smash Lord
all you gotta do is watch me! and look at my sonic run at light speed! babyy feel the spin insiddeeee!!

( i love chris brown and sonic)

but anyways, eeeesh my sonic has been threw tuff times in this tournament. i even have to DI like crazy :S

o well! ill stay true blue till the end!!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

oh and i LOVE going FD. ;)

wangston

Smash Lord
I did beat X2 while there today. Though some tool reset my game when they wanted to play that ****fest of a game known as ghostbusters. UHHHHGGGG!!!!! But then I started it up again and some one beat a few levels for me but they were the ones I already beat on my first play through. I don't think I was killed but twice and then I died 3 times on purpose to leave a level. I own every mega man game except Legends 2, GB Mega Man iv, GB Mega Man V, Mega Man soccer, Mega Man 7, and Mega Man X collection. Ohhhh I forgot I don't have Mega Man 9 yet either I don't have a system with me at college. Other than those 6 Mega man games I own them all. I really enjoyed MMBN and I shededd a tear during the last one when I beat it hahahhaha, I know I'm pathetic. I also on both seasons of the Mega Man cartoon series from the 90s. It's so badass I love the episode where X shows up through a time whole and he is chasing after Vile and Spark Mandrill. It's the coolest show ever. I can't say I watched Mega Man NT warrior though I watched it a year before it came state side through downloading the Japanese episodes and watching the whole first season or how ever long it was for Lan to beat Dr Wily. Ohhhhh that Higbsy always wanting his rare chip :)

wangston

Smash Lord
:( does the next tournament have to be on the 8th??? Thats another BYU home football game and I have already missed 3. I really don't want to miss anymore games, not to mention that is the last home football game. Yes I have a season allsportspass/season ticket. So is there anyway we can have this on the 1st or 15th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom