• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agi

Smash Lord

Enlarged to show awesome

This is the format I plan to use right now... I'm not satisfied with the text, however.

*begins the true work on character select screen*

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Been catching up such a ridiculous **** amount over the last few pages. . .The pages were starting to go faster then I was reading them. I basically had to skip a good portion of these two pages.

@Gryphon/DancingFrogman Site: How are posts on the whole relevant? Wouldn't it be a lot better if it was based on posts in the thread? Then it'd be much more limited who got left out. Still, posts are a bad way to go. If you want to do any form of ranking, I suggest just linking to our reviews if that moveset has one.

And my characters fit into so many categories it's not even funny. Cortex and Tiny. . .

Animal (Tiny), Warrior (Tiny), Machine (Cortex), Supernatural (Tiny), Human (Cortex), Villian (Both)

And to boot, they both have separate origins. Cortex in the first Crash game, Tiny in the second.

Voting:

Best Moveset Designer: Chief Mendez, Koj, KingK. Rool, HyperRidley, Junahu

Best OC Designer: Cheap Josh, Junahu

Best SSE: Chris Lionheart, Bkupa666 (His barely got off the ground, but it was more quality when it was around then Smashbot's and wasn't a joke like TwiltHero's. . .)

Best One(or Two)-Hit Wonder: Junahu, Vaul, kitsuneko345

Best Pokemon Entry: Pidgeot, Mewtwo, Delibird

Most Improved Moveset Designer: Dancingfrogman (Tough between you and TwiltHero, but I feel Frogman is now the better moveset maker)

Most Helpful MYM poster: SirKibble, Junahu

Funniest MYM poster: Chief Mendez, TheSundanceKid, Sonic the Baron (Was tough between you and WAMY, but your Darth Bean avatar did me in)

Best Moveset Rater: Chief Mendez, KingK.Rool

Top Commie: Chief Mendez, SirKibble

This Thread's Winner is: Chief Mendez, KingK.Rool

D

Deleted member

Best Moveset Designer: (choose 5)

Spadefox – lip, gilius thunderhead, rouge the bat, Stanislav ‘Spade’ Serkov, missingNo(joke), silver the hedgehog, blaze the cat, chaos, Gemini spark, shadow, numberman.EXE, sandbag, dr. eggman(done with KoJ), kovomaka students, shannon(from God Hand), After the Storm(SSE)

BKuppa666 – timon & pumbaa, Indiana jones, bowser, tiggah(OC), jack sparrow, harry potter, King K. Rool(second one), andy’s toys, harry Houdini, The Darkness Ascending(SSE), Simba, Woody, Cranky Kong, Beast Trio(OC), Samurai Panda

MasterWarlord – King K. Rool, big the cat, yoshimitsu, voldo, magikarp(joke), nightmare, Cervantes, Miserable Little Pile of Secrets(SSE), blood falcon(joke)

Iron Thorn – dry bones, nintendogs, froslass, sword/twilight Zelda, teigen kalos(OC), bear holding a shark, Erutashi Orrandey(OC), Mightyena

Chief Mendez – grey fox, phoenix wright, simon belmont, Dracula, bill rizer & lance bean, naota nandaba, Sora(the only good one)

Best OC(Original Character) Designer: (choose 2)

Iron Thorn

BKuppa666

Best SSE: (choose 2)

Smashbot226 – Days of Tabuu

Chris Lionheart – SSE: The Evil Pact

Best One(or Two)-Hit Wonder: (choose 3)

Greenstreet – Professor Oak

Kholdstare – Fierce Deity Link(the one that doesn’t suck), Chuck Norris(joke)

xX_Boezy_Xx – starkiller/the secret apprentice, inferno

Best Pokemon Entry: (choose 3)

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun

Commander Blitzkrieg(again) – team big shots

dancingfrogman – Team Rocket

Most Improved Moveset Designer: (choose 1)

Spadefox

Most Helpful MYM poster: (choose 2)

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Funniest MYM poster: (choose 3)

--WAMY-- – skull kid w/ majora’s mask, fierce deity link(a.k.a. the best moveset EVAR /sarcasm)

TheSundanceKid – buzz lightyear, The Young & The Movesets, the delicious one, ty the Tasmanian tiger

Chief Mendez

Best Moveset Rater: (choose 2)

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Top Commie: (choose 2)

Chief Mendez

SirKibble

THIS THREAD’S WINRAR IS: (choose 2)

Chief Mendez

Spadefox
My two cents. *Gives cookies to Iron Thorn, dancingfrogman, and MasterWarlord*

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*sigh* I see that my creation of Tiggah and Beast Trio have given me the reputation of making perverted jokes in my movesets. Bear only uses his mouth, tongue, eyes, stomach, and behind in an unorthodox manner.

I thank all those who have voted for me so far.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*Coughbanjokazzoieripoffcough*
You'll have to wait for the moveset to see how drastically different they are. I won't bother with the lecture now, as it may take some fun out of the moveset. I created this character before I even began video gaming, so I assure you it is not a ripoff.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Agidius, I hope you know you've got a lot of work to do if you're including everybody. I think the top 50 would be way easier, but good luck on your project either way.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Enlarged to show awesome

This is the format I plan to use right now... I'm not satisfied with the text, however.

*begins the true work on character select screen*
The font's fine, but you need to put that black/dull grey bar behind it for it to work. Also shouldn't there be a frame on each, rather than a gradient? I imagine it'd be much less confusing like that.

I'm thinking more like this...

...but it's your project, so you're free to totally ignore me if you feel like it. :chuckle:

EDIT - Also I'd like to echo cheap josh. Even just throwing together that little pic of Brom took me a good 10 minutes, all told. Multiply ten by a couple hundred, and you've got yourself one heckuva' project.

The Top 50 sounds much more reasonable (and more doable, considering space and file size).

SirKibble

Smash Champion
MYM 3.0 Awards!
Figured I'd quote that with the arrow link so maybe some people won't have to dig back through to find the original.

Now for my votes. This was hard, really. Lots of deserving people had to be cut out...

Chris Lionheart – chris lionheart(older; OC), Pelleas, zelos wilder, SSE: The Evil Pact, the third agers, aschencroft(OC), geoffery, gerik, shiro tagachi, Ashitaka & San

MasterWarlord – King K. Rool, big the cat, yoshimitsu, voldo, magikarp(joke), nightmare, Cervantes, Miserable Little Pile of Secrets(SSE), blood falcon(joke)

KoJ – dr. eggman, big daddy & little sister, Uuber man, dalek, luffy, jack torrence, zombie(OC), gecko moria, fatman

Chief Mendez – grey fox, phoenix wright, simon belmont, Dracula, bill rizer & lance bean, naota nandaba, Sora(the only good one)

KingK.Rool – magikoopa, pidgeot, grim reaper, squeak squad, Kirby(redone), the headless horseman

cheap_josh

Iron Thorn

MasterWarlord – Miserable Little Pile of Secrets

Junahu – Donna(OC)

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun, delibird

HeoandReo – dan hibiki, chun-li

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun

KingK.Rool – pidgeot

Iron Thorn – Froslass

MasterWarlord

Junahu

Chief Mendez

--WAMY-- – skull kid w/ majora’s mask, fierce deity link(a.k.a. the best moveset EVAR /sarcasm)

TheSundanceKid – buzz lightyear, The Young & The Movesets, the delicious one, ty the Tasmanian tiger

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

Chief Mendez

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

META KNIGHT
SMASHBROSMIKE
FIERCE DEITY LINK

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

Sorry if you weren't on there. I wanted to put a lot of people that I had to cut, usually by a slim margin.

Agi

Smash Lord
Agidius, I hope you know you've got a lot of work to do if you're including everybody. I think the top 50 would be way easier, but good luck on your project either way.
Yeah... I had HOPED to do all of them, but considering how long it took to make Nephenee, I'm looking at making SOME sort of qualifier...

The font's fine, but you need to put that black/dull grey bar behind it for it to work. Also shouldn't there be a frame on each, rather than a gradient? I imagine it'd be much less confusing like that.

I'm thinking more like this...

What you have looks good, but I was trying to emulate what already exists, so it looks like a genuine selection screen, not a fan-made one. ;) That's why I was concerned about the font, I had hoped for it to look exactly how it does in-game. Maybe I'm TOO much of a perfectionist. :ohwell:

I'll remember both suggestions, but when it comes down to it...

...but it's your project, so you're free to totally ignore me if you feel like it. :chuckle:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
^ yeah that might end up being a bit of a problem. I've put a link to it in my sig, but since I don't post that much, it might not help that much. & in case anyone missed it:

LINK TO MYM AWARDS IS IN MY SIG!!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Now here is a preview of Savyna my friends.....

~HUGE NOTICED ABOUT SAVYNA'S PLAYSTYLE!!!!~
Savyna will use a lot of fire and water attacks in her moveset. Though note, if you decide to use both of them, the same time in a row, the second attack will be cancelled out. For example, if Savyna uses her forward smash, "Inferno cannon," which is a fire based attack, and then follows it up with her down smash, "Freezing axe kick," which is a water based move, all the damage in Savyna's down smash will be cancelled out, or otherwise known as 0% damage. This goes the same way the other way around, only it's the fiery forward smash that's being cancelled. Therefore, you mustn't use fire and water attacks at the same time. Water attacks will be labelled up in blue, where fire attacks will be labelled up in red to make sure. You must wait in between 10 seconds to do the other elemental attack without it being cancelled. For example, if Savyna does a fire based attack; she must wait 10 seconds before doing a water based attack before it being cancelled. If you continuously do fire based attacks for example, the counter will be reset. Any other attack that doesn’t do either of the element will be labelled in gray. Make note of this......

~Side Smash: Inferno Cannon~
Savyna will have fire to the palm of her hands at her disposal. Then, with great force, she'll throw her arm forward, release the power of fire forward in front of her. This is a projectile smash attack. The fire blast doesn't partically travel far (like 1 quarter of the stage "Battlefield.") The speed that it travels is Toon Link's boomerang. The fire attack projectile smash itself will do a total of 10-12% damage with ok knockback properties if this attack is uncharged. If this attack is fully charged, it will do 14-16% damage with nice knockback. It suffers from a bit of lag at the beginning (like 0.8 seconds) and ends with a considerable amount of lag (0.8 seconds.) thus making it one of Savyna's slower attacks. This attack can kill at around 140% damage uncharged and 120% damage fully charged.

Notice: If Savyna does this attack right after a water based attack, the damage that this attack does will drop all the way down to 0% damage. This smash attack should only be used when the 10 second wait is over, or you don't use water attacks at all. Though the knockback doesn't change though.

~Down Smash: Freezing Axe kick~
Savyna will lift her leg up for this attack. The power of ice (though this considered as a water attack) will be right at her heels. She'll then swing it downwards, crushing anyone with the axe kick. This doesn't partically reach far (like only 1 and half pokeballs.) This is a very fast attack however, as it has no lag at the beginning. Now Savyna MUST hit the opponent in order to get this attack's full effect, because if Savyna does not hit anyone with this attack, she'll swing her leg too fast, causing her to TRIP (therefore, you must only use this attack if you can get a clear hit with opponent.) If she does hit someone with this attack however, it will do 6% damage, but no knockback other than causing the opponent to flinch. As soon as that kick is gone, a huge block of ice in the form of an axe will be right above the opponent after 0.6 seconds. It will not cause any damage until it crashes to the ground. As soon as the block of ice hits the floor (which takes about 0.5 seconds), it can deal 4% damage and nice knockback uncharged, and 6% damage with good knockback fully charged. The range for this icy attack covers all around where Savyna hit her opponent from, but only extends about 1 pokeball. This smash attack ends with Savyna suffering from a 0.8 second lag.

Notice: If Savyna does this attack right after a fire based attack, the damage that this attack does will drop all the way down to 0% damage. This smash attack should only be used when the 10 second wait is over, or you don't use fire attacks at all. Though the knockback doesn't change though.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What you have looks good, but I was trying to emulate what already exists, so it looks like a genuine selection screen, not a fan-made one. ;) That's why I was concerned about the font, I had hoped for it to look exactly how it does in-game. Maybe I'm TOO much of a perfectionist. :ohwell:
In that case, you're definitely going to need the gray, semi-transparent bar behind the text (speaking of, I believe "Myriad Web Bold" is an almost-perfect replica of the actual in-game font).

@TWILTY: You've already got that "Huge" notice about her playstyle, so why do you need to have those little notes at the bottom of each attack? Just say somewhere at the top of the attack section that "moves colored red are fire attacks, and ones in blue are water-based", and refer back to the explanation about that mechanic.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
^ yeah that might end up being a bit of a problem. I've put a link to it in my sig, but since I don't post that much, it might not help that much. & in case anyone missed it:

LINK TO MYM AWARDS IS IN MY SIG!!
I got your back. I post in this thread way too much, people are bound to notice it. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ah well, at least 2 people have mentioned me. *hands cookies to TVTMaster and Sonic the Baron, doesn't expect much more votes* :p

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
Call me a blockhead if you will but I am a little confused about the result making. There is a panel of judges forming the final winner yes? Is there going to be a list of Top 50 like before and will we get to vote with our lists?:urg:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Whoa, five new pages... thanks to everyone who voted for me! Geez, Pidgeot's got a ton of votes... and for that matter... quite a few votes for me as moveset designer, too. CANDY CORN FOR EVERYONE!

*doesn't conform to cookie giving*

Spadefox: This post will updated with Students review very soon. Sorry about the delay.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
You know what, I have quite a few votes on Team Rocket.... which is bloody surprising, as imo it's the worst character i've made in this contest... but whatever, only 1 person (thanks Warlord) has voted for me in a different category.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Smashbot226 – xemnas, astaroth, smashbot226(OC), xigbar, shadowrunner, sol badguy, kite(from .hack universe), godtier(joke… kind of), sauron, ‘new’ toon link, yoda, Days of Tabuu(SSE), bioshock jack

Iron Thorn – dry bones, nintendogs, froslass, sword/twilight Zelda, teigen kalos(OC), bear holding a shark, Erutashi Orrandey(OC), Mightyena

Commander Blitzkrieg – baz, team big shots, mystery men, gigan, hippowdon, master hand(joke… well sort of), grown-up Bowser Jr. & Nina cortex

cheap_josh

Junahu

MasterWarlord – Miserable Little Pile of Secrets

Junahu – Donna(OC)

Kholdstare – Fierce Deity Link(the one that doesn’t suck), Chuck Norris(joke)

kitsuneko345(again) – delibird

KingK.Rool – pidgeot

Greenstreet – Professor Oak (alright it’s weakening, finish it professor oak!!!)

TWILTHERO

SirKibble

KingK. Rool

Sonic the Baron – chosen one, teen girl squad, this game’s winner(OC), lucky day, mama luigi, master betty, shapeshifter strong bad, pikafan8269297(joke), arwing, Chieftain Tuoli

TWILTHERO

MasterWarlord

KingK. Rool

Commander Blitzkrieg

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord
Well, there's my vote. I kind of came in late, so i missed the early stuff oh well.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Call me a blockhead if you will but I am a little confused about the result making. There is a panel of judges forming the final winner yes? Is there going to be a list of Top 50 like before and will we get to vote with our lists?:urg:
Blockhead.

Not...quite. Everyone gets to vote, and the results of that "Popular Vote" will basically determine who the C.O.M.M.I.E.S. look at when forming the List of Top 50. So if a moveset gets no votes at all, then no matter what we (the C.O.M.M.I.E.S.) think of it, it won't be getting into the Top 50.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
KOVOMAKA STUDENTS

Alrighty, then. Spadefox claims this to be his best moveset, but let us see how it holds up under careful examination...

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: Looks all tidy here. Each character uses their own specific brand of magic, but mix it up with physical attacks that are (apparently) pulled straight from the game. When you say Mokka has little magical power, you stick to it, giving him less elemental attacks than the rest. Everything checks out here. Although it seems to me that Lassi the Windmage should be able to glide, either by carrying herself on a breeze (she's light, right?) or by summoning a glowing green bird. 9/10

DETAIL: It seems to me that this is the moveset's biggest flaw. I mean, in your defense, you had a LOT of attacks to describe, but most of them could definitely use some information abou how they look, along with lag, range, and priority on most of them. Some attacks have enough of this - specials in particular - but most could use some more detail. 6/10

BALANCE: Hmm, hmm. The individual characters all seem okay, none of them being anything too warped. I'm assuming here that Mokka's attacks have lots of lag, even if you didn't mention it. Pico doesn't have really have any below average stats, but then, neither does Mario. Lassi's Wind Talon is spammable, I think, and way too powerful for a projectile. Sorbet has a bunch of below-average stats, and her attacks aren't anything fantastic; I don't think anyone would really use her. And that's really the problem with a five-in-one that doesn't force to you to switch and that has slightly above average characters. It seems to easy to adapt to any match-up, switching between them and all. Stuck in a projectile war? Go Lassi. Need muscle to KO? Mokka. Want good range? Chai. And so on and so on. Still, the learning curve involved with mastering all of them is enough to make the character at least a bit more balanced. 6/10

ORIGINALITY: Some attacks are really fun and unique, I must say. Just about all of your Smashes are fantastic - my personal favourite being Lassi's strange Down Smash. Most of your specials and even your Aerials are also great. Tilts and standard attacks, not so much. They all seem to be generic kicks and punches. However, since you say that these are pulled directly from the game, I can excuse for that. On the whole, the five-elements-in-one things is very unique indeed, and this moveset is very nice in this category. 8/10

PLAYSTYLE: Reading this moveset, I wish I could use each and every one of these characters. You tell us a bit about their strengths and weaknesses, but it's the five-elements thing that really makes it shine here. All five are completely unique, and have playstyles that perfectly suit their element. My personal favourite is Chai; tail attacks mixed in with various plants used innovatingly is a winner in my book. Great job on giving them all a clear identity. 9/10

ORGANIZATION: Having a multiple character is always hard to sort, especially when there's this many, but you use colours and picture to ably split up the characters. There are no unnecessary spacings, and plenty of underlines and bolded headers. Truly a joy to read through. 9/10

EXTRAS: Just because you have them for each of the five individually (as opposed to the why I copped out with the Squeak Squad, you get pointage here. Although Snake gets a bit out of character on most of them... +2

OVERALL: I really enjoyed reading the Students. It may not have the detail of some of the more recent sets, but its fantastic colour-coded organization alone is worth a lot. Then there's how well you adhere to character, and the way you make all five of them completely unique, with elemental attacks and great smashes. Your best, most assuredly. Those who haven't yet read it should do so.

49/60

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
:D

Thank you, K.Rool ^_^

I know - to create balance in a More-in-One-Moveset is insanely hard. I guess the fact all 5 of them are so different in all senses makes them a pretty unbalanced character. However, as you said, there's the learning curve, and there's also the tactics in whom to use against whom, as well.
In the Detail-section I fully agree.
In the Relevance section - some of the attack names (mainly Specials, but others, as well) are pulled out of the game, too.

I also like Chai best out of the moveset, and Sorbet, as well. ^_^

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Blockhead.

Not...quite. Everyone gets to vote, and the results of that "Popular Vote" will basically determine who the C.O.M.M.I.E.S. look at when forming the List of Top 50. So if a moveset gets no votes at all, then no matter what we (the C.O.M.M.I.E.S.) think of it, it won't be getting into the Top 50.
So do we vote for 50 move sets or something? Becuase what if only, say, 25 move sets get any votes at all?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
So do we vote for 50 move sets or something? Becuase what if only, say, 25 move sets get any votes at all?
Honestly I don't know for sure. What I am sure of is that you won't be voting for 50, but rather somewhere around 10.

Also, don't expect to be voting for yourself, or to be able to vote for a specific moveset more than once. Hopefully you and me both will know more of the specifics next time 'Blitzkrieg comes around--I may be a C.O.M.M.I.E., but as far as I know this technical stuff hasn't been outlined in full yet.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't know for sure. What I am sure of is that you won't be voting for 50, but rather somewhere around 10.

Also, don't expect to be voting for yourself, or to be able to vote for a specific moveset more than once. Hopefully you and me both will know more of the specifics next time 'Blitzkrieg comes around--I may be a C.O.M.M.I.E., but as far as I know this technical stuff hasn't been outlined in full yet.

OK then.

And thanks to those who voted for me. I'll try to post up my votes by the end of today, I've only just noticed the awards and I have to leave now.

Smady

Smash Master
No one replied to my sulk? :chuckle:

So... for MYM4.

Garland, Quina, Vivi re-do - FFIX
Saren, Wrex - Mass Effect
Solidus, Raiden - MGS2
Auron, Seymour - FFX

I'm not aiming high, but I'm a frigging seed right now in this thread, which isn't right. Garland is still coming along well and I can imagine completing six or seven more over a couple of months.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
:D

Thank you, K.Rool ^_^

I know - to create balance in a More-in-One-Moveset is insanely hard. I guess the fact all 5 of them are so different in all senses makes them a pretty unbalanced character. However, as you said, there's the learning curve, and there's also the tactics in whom to use against whom, as well.
In the Detail-section I fully agree.
In the Relevance section - some of the attack names (mainly Specials, but others, as well) are pulled out of the game, too.

I also like Chai best out of the moveset, and Sorbet, as well. ^_^
Glad you agreed with most of the review. It really is a good moveset. Perhaps I'll be voting for it.

Speaking of voting, let's get some advertising going! I'll have a post later today quoting compliments and reviews for Pidgeot, just to get this whole thing moving forward. I'll also have something about another moveset that I feel deserves more recognition, like we said we'd encourage. Which one? You'll have to wait and see!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Told ya' I'm not advertising my own stuff!

This is basically my definition of a "diamond in the rough". It got woefully little attention when it was first posted, and unfortunately PKSkyler isn't the most active poster here, so most of the time there was nobody around to give it due props. It also probably doesn't help that Servbot is a (strangely) obscure character from a Mega Man spin-off game/series.

For that last one, I curse every user's name who doesn't click the above link simply because they don't know what they're seeing.

Which is a shame, since it's really funking good. Not only is it really original and creative (I guarantee you'll never see an Utilt like this one anywhere else), but it's also quite hilarious. Seriously, this is up there with cheap josh's CEO in terms of laugh-out-loud funny factor.

Servbot is awesome.

THAT IS ALL

EDIT -

@Smash Daddy: ...you're seriously doing Raiden? And like, a serious one, right?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@TWILTY: You've already got that "Huge" notice about her playstyle, so why do you need to have those little notes at the bottom of each attack? Just say somewhere at the top of the attack section that "moves colored red are fire attacks, and ones in blue are water-based", and refer back to the explanation about that mechanic.
Good point. When i finish my Savyna moveset, i won't include those notes. Thanks Mendez. Though i could use more critism.

lol @pensfan728 voting me for "funniest poster." How am i funny again? What did i do to deserve this? WHat i tell you? WHAT?!?!?!?

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
MYM 3.0 Awards!

cheap_josh – supercultist(OC), cutlass(OC), the CEO(OC), Philip the forest bear(OC), pizzaman(OC), street performer(OC), Spaceman G(OC)

SirKibble – paper luigi, cutman, chosen one(from animator vs. animation), worm soldier, sandslash, waddle doo, crono

Agi- :D

cheap_josh

Iron Thorn

Junahu – Donna(OC)

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun, delibird

SirKibble – sandslash

dancingfrogman – Team Rocket

Iron Thorn – Froslass

TWILTHERO

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Commander Blitzkrieg

SirKibble

TWILTHERO

MasterWarlord

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Chief Mendez

SirKibble

SirKibble
Mendez

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Man, when I make my movesets I'm always nervous I'm "Overpowering" them but..... I finally just practiced as Snake to see why people think he is so godly.... I mean WTF....... 20% tilt!?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
TWILTHERO said:
VERY, very nice. It makes my Pidgeotto........even more pathetic.......but bah....it was one of my first movesets before the standards for good movesets went up >.>

Good Job.
MasterWarlord said:
This is another surprisingly awesome moveset. Check it out.
And even from before my major updates:

KoJ said:
Pidgeot: Very nice.
Delta_BP26 said:
Seriously though, the moveset was very well done.
Iron Thorn said:
And that's a sweet Pidgeot moveset.
Yeah, that's right. Vote Pidgeot.

And why, besides the fact that it got some praise? Well, because it uses two interesting additions that most movesets do NOT.

1) Many attacks use the wind element to the extreme. Pidgeot is weak at dealing out damage, and doesn't really have KO moves, but it has a ridiculous gimping games because all it needs to do is shoot a gust of wind at the foe from afar. See Toku and Enril (which I may advertise later) for another example of this being done excellently.

2) FIVE GLIDE ATTACKS. Pidgeot is largely based around its glide game, which is much more advanced than most characters'. It doesn't even have to dash; gliding gives it so many more options for how to approach. What's more, its Up B puts it into a special glide that allows it to pull shuttle loops, vertical ascents, and whatever else you can think of, while still wielding its glide attacks! CHECK IT OUT NOW!

And if you need more conviction, just go ahead and check out MasterWarlord's review of it. Very positive, if I do say so myself. ESPECIALLY for the stricted reviewer out there, our own resident Simon Cowell.

Now that the shameless plugging is out of the way, I'd like to (much more humbly) suggest you check out the following:

VECTORMAN by truendymion

Great detail, nicely laid out in a fantastic organization, pictures interspersed throughout, and is really true to character while remaining full of interesting, unique attacks. That's as much praise as I could give anyone. truendymion is no longer in this thread, but that's no reason for this moveset to fall into obscurity. Check it out now!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Wow.. Servbot IS awsome! That up tilt is crazy, in a crazy way!

I'd like to steal a leaf from Cheif Mendez's book and advertise some movesets too (both in sig)

1)Egoraptor; One of the potentially greatest specials of all time went mostly ignored due to the sudden influx of movesets. That special is 'Katamari', of course. Who wouldn't want to roll that ball around in Free-for-all, selfishly sweeping up all the items (and projectiles too, presumeably) and adding them to that ever increasing ball of doom? The moveset itself is critically lacking in detail, but is filled with absolutely every possible nod and reference to Egoraptor's work, and it's genuinely amusing in places.

2)DS-Tan; Almost no detail at all and a lot of generic sounding attacks, but there was a lot of innovation that even the creator may not have realised was there. The ability to hide one of the twins inside an enemy while the other one soldiers on with a reduced moveset was ingenius. It's such a high risk manouver since the enemy could simply suicide and take half of DS Tan with them (if one twin is KO'd, they both are), or alternatively they could overpower the remaining twin.
All three smashes, sound exceedingly fun too (Moe Wario ftw!)

And it looks like I have that 'One hit wonder' award in the bag. 'Best OC designer' is going to be pretty close though

Edit: VECTORMAN! WOO!
It was a terrible game, but I still hold to high esteem, along with MCDONALD'S GLOBAL GLADIATORS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom