• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
EDIT - On this MYM Awards thing...I suppose it'd be sort of pointless to start advertising movesets right now, wouldn't it? When's the cut-off date for voting on them, again?
I was planning on having it go until the 7th, but I could probably end it earlier.... ok I've got it.

IMPORTANT POST!!!!

VOTING ON THE MYM AWARDS WILL END ON THE 4TH AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME. AT THAT POINT, I WILL STILL ACCEPT VOTES THAT ARE PMED TO ME UNTIL 12 NOON ON THE 6TH. RESULTS WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY AFTER THAT. THAT IS ALL :D

Agi

Smash Lord
Formal Announcement time:

I am beginning work on the character selection screen. I will include all movesets that actually have a picture of the character. If yours does not have a picture, and you still wish to be included in this, then by all means go back and add one. If you do NOT wish your moveset to be included (for whatever reason) send me a PM.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I was planning on having it go until the 7th, but I could probably end it earlier.... ok I've got it.

IMPORTANT POST!!!!

VOTING ON THE MYM AWARDS WILL END ON THE 4TH AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME. AT THAT POINT, I WILL STILL ACCEPT VOTES THAT ARE PMED TO ME UNTIL 12 NOON ON THE 6TH. RESULTS WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY AFTER THAT. THAT IS ALL :D
ARE YOU INSANE!? THAT IS THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DAY!! YOU CANT DO THAT!

jkjk

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
well, as i'm not in the mood to think of anything marvellous, I'd say we take on board any suggestions come from here, as the public normally have better ideas than what I'd have, so meh.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
well, as i'm not in the mood to think of anything marvellous, I'd say we take on board any suggestions come from here, as the public normally have better ideas than what I'd have, so meh.
Truth. i will stick with what we got. I am working on it now. but not much can be done until we start MYM 4.0. I am going to need your original archive list to put in the contestants.

EDIT: btw, half silver, check the Archive site in my sig and look in the News section.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@half_silver: Awesome. I'll probably start pulling out movesets once most people vote (which I imagine will be sometime today).

@agi: Yay! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I had actually forgotten about that until you brought it up just now. Are you still planning on fitting EVERY character in there? And are the selected characters still going to be MYM3's top 4 movesets?

@The guy who wanted to know when MYM4 starts: Eventually. There's no concrete date yet, which is partially because we don't know when MYM3 will be over by. My educated guess is "late November".

@dancingfrogman: What else would you do with it? I do think you should finish it up/make it current (unless you have already done so), though. If you can manage that, it'd serve as a nice resource for people that want to go back and relive the old days of Yestermonth.

Agi

Smash Lord
@agidius:

What will you do with multiple entries?
For multiple entries, I plan to use something that can symbolize multiple characters (e. g. the Team Rocket moveset would have James as the character)

If there are only two characters in a moveset, then I would do the split/screen thing that Zelda/Sheik currently has.

If neither of these works, I'll have to talk with the creator of the moveset about what they would want as a symbol.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I cannot see why, since you said you werent going to make updates to it anymore, but ok. For a backup, sure, but the new one should be priority, of course.
meh, I'll change it into some kind've judging thing of some sort when MYM4 starts up, just because I can. (I'm pretty sure that I said I wasn't updating it until MYM4 starts, but I said this before you started being involved with the subject, but really, I don't really care now)

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be so kind to give me a little foresight on their participation in 4.0? Like do you plan on entering in it? If you can just give a "yes", great. I need to do some exampling for myself using actual 4.0 contestants.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
For multiple entries, I plan to use something that can symbolize multiple characters (e. g. the Team Rocket moveset would have James as the character)

If there are only two characters in a moveset, then I would do the split/screen thing that Zelda/Sheik currently has.

If neither of these works, I'll have to talk with the creator of the moveset about what they would want as a symbol.
No no no... I don't mean multiple characters, I mean, for example Shadow, who has been entered three times; or Lip with 2 entries.

Edit:
@Gryphon: See sig.

Agi

Smash Lord
I will be participating in it, of course.

New Age Retro Hippie and my friend's OC are dying to be posted.

Agi

Smash Lord
No no no... I don't mean multiple characters, I mean, for example Shadow, who has been entered three times; or Lip with 2 entries.
Oh, that's what you meant...
Originally, I was planning to include them anyway. * a silence falls over the crowd *
But after much thought, I've decided only to count the first entry, and if it comes up again I will skip it and move onto the next one.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
WTF? I work my complete a*s off, and my latest SSE chapter gets COMPLETELY ignored due to some conversation.

Anyway, my picks for the awards. I'm omiting myself of course (though Halfsilver, take out Volke and the Beyblade thing from the list. i've tooken them out of the contest.)

TWILTHERO's AWESOME VOTES said:
Best Moveset Designer: (choose 5)

TWILTHERO – shinon, jeff hardy, pidgeotto, Tyson(from beyblade), Volke, drake & josh, gibari(baiten kaitos), Leonardo, Mia(fire emblem), The Eternal Darkness & Wings of Hope(SSE), Sagi(baiten kaitos)

MasterWarlord – King K. Rool, big the cat, yoshimitsu, voldo, magikarp(joke), nightmare, Cervantes, Miserable Little Pile of Secrets(SSE), blood falcon(joke)

Iron Thorn – dry bones, nintendogs, froslass, sword/twilight Zelda, teigen kalos(OC), bear holding a shark, Erutashi Orrandey(OC), Mightyena

Chief Mendez – grey fox, phoenix wright, simon belmont, Dracula, bill rizer & lance bean, naota nandaba, Sora(the only good one)

SirKibble – paper luigi, cutman, chosen one(from animator vs. animation), worm soldier, sandslash, waddle doo, crono

KingK.Rool – magikoopa, pidgeot, grim reaper, squeak squad, Kirby(redone), the headless horseman

Best OC(Original Character) Designer: (choose 2)

cheap_josh

Iron Thorn

Best SSE: (choose 2)

MasterWarlord – Miserable Little Pile of Secrets

Chris Lionheart – SSE: The Evil Pact

TWILTHERO – The Eternal Darkness & Wings of Hope

Best One(or Two)-Hit Wonder: (choose 3)

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun, delibird

Kholdstare – Fierce Deity Link(the one that doesn’t suck), Chuck Norris(joke)

InfernoRage1 – elite beat agents, king Arthur

Best Pokemon Entry: (choose 3)

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun

KingK.Rool – pidgeot

Commander Blitzkrieg(again) – team big shots

Most Improved Moveset Designer: (choose 1)

MasterWarlord

Most Helpful MYM poster: (choose 2)

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Funniest MYM poster: (choose 3)

--WAMY-- – skull kid w/ majora’s mask, fierce deity link(a.k.a. the best moveset EVAR /sarcasm)

TheSundanceKid – buzz lightyear, The Young & The Movesets, the delicious one, ty the Tasmanian tiger

Chief Mendez

Best Moveset Rater: (choose 2)

MasterWarlord

Chris Lionheart

Top Commie: (choose 2)

Chief Mendez

Chris Lionheart

THIS THREAD’S WINRAR IS: (choose 2)

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I've said this before, but just in case you all missed it, i'll be doing Dr. Robotnik and Tails Doll for now, I haven't planned too much ahead, because if people were all hyped about me doing a certain moveset, and if I fail to do it, the person would be preety pee'd of, so i'm sticking with two movesets prepared for now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh, that's what you meant...
Originally, I was planning to include them anyway. * a silence falls over the crowd *
But after much thought, I've decided only to count the first entry, and if it comes up again I will skip it and move onto the next one.
So you mean you will put the sucky Fierce Deity Link over the good one?
I mean, it's probably the best way of choice, but it still has some flaws.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
At least my MYM 4.0 characters will be so freaking obscure, that noone ever would have the idea of entering them. <.<"
A few people've already done Ray 01. Yeah yeah, I know, "but mine is multiple Robos". It's still vaguely the same thing.

Anyways.

Yeah I'll be around for MYM4, Gryphy (can I call you Gryphy?). Why exactly do you require such information?

TWILTHERO said:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
A few people've already done Ray 01. Yeah yeah, I know, "but mine is multiple Robos". It's still vaguely the same thing.
Well, I will be doing Ray Mk III (among them), not Ray 01; and my moveset will be not just some generic robot fighter.
As already announced, Custom Robo most likely will be the most detailed and descriptive of my MYM 4.0 movesets, since it will be just HUGE due to the customization.

Even if someone would post a Ray Mk III entry, I'm pretty sure that mine would eat it for breakfast, digest it, have a poo, and then eat it again.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@mendez: seriously though..........i've taken them out of the contest.

And thanks to you, my SSE chapter has been completely ignored.

But whatever.

I'll have the next chapter done on monday.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
MYM 3.0 Awards!

MasterWarlord – King K. Rool, big the cat, yoshimitsu, voldo, magikarp(joke), nightmare, Cervantes, Miserable Little Pile of Secrets(SSE), blood falcon(joke)

cheap_josh – supercultist(OC), cutlass(OC), the CEO(OC), Philip the forest bear(OC), pizzaman(OC), street performer(OC), Spaceman G(OC)

Chief Mendez – grey fox, phoenix wright, simon belmont, Dracula, bill rizer & lance bean, naota nandaba, Sora(the only good one)

SirKibble – paper luigi, cutman, chosen one(from animator vs. animation), worm soldier, sandslash, waddle doo, crono

KingK.Rool – magikoopa, pidgeot, grim reaper, squeak squad, Kirby(redone), the headless horseman

cheap_josh

Chris Lionheart

TWILTHERO – The Eternal Darkness & Wings of Hope

Pure_awesome – a rock(OC)

GreatClayMonkey – Bitey of brackenwood

HeoandReo – dan hibiki, chun-li

KingK.Rool – pidgeot

cheap_josh

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

--WAMY-- – skull kid w/ majora’s mask, fierce deity link(a.k.a. the best moveset EVAR /sarcasm)

TheSundanceKid – buzz lightyear, The Young & The Movesets, the delicious one, ty the Tasmanian tiger

Chief Mendez

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Chief Mendez

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

cheap_josh
My two cents, hope it's not too late. I find it kinda funny...I posted too much to not be included in the one/two hit wonders...but not enough for my creations to get recognized elsewhere xD Oh well, all in good fun, amazing job everyone =)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
MYM 3.0 Awards!

Junahu – Donna(OC), COMPLETE LIST OF EVERY MOVESET IN THE FREAKING THREAD, MYM 3 OC finder

cheap_josh

Iron Thorn

IvoryFlame – Battlefield Subspace: Invasion is Go!

Pure_awesome – a rock(OC)

Junahu – Donna(OC)

KingK.Rool – pidgeot

MasterWarlord

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Commander Blitzkrieg

Chief Mendez

Iron Thorn

MasterWarlord

Chief Mendez

Commander Blitzkrieg

Chief Mendez

Chris Lionheart

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

There's my votes.

In a few minutes, I am posting a preview of my opening moveset for MYM4, in the form of a character bio, as they are OCs.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm grateful that TVTMaster has voted for me as a Best OC Designer... Thanks. It'll be most likely the only vote I'll get. =P

Anyway. I will not only post my movesets in MYM 4.0, but I think I will make a whole own Subspace Emissary-Plot with these 5 (or, if there should be more in the meantime, them), with meeting up with the original Brawl crowd only in the end.
Maybe I'll add the 3 secret characters in there, as well.

Oh, and... how would you guys like a de-cloned Wolf O'Donnell...?

Agi

Smash Lord
So you mean you will put the sucky Fierce Deity Link over the good one?
I mean, it's probably the best way of choice, but it still has some flaws.
Well, the thing is, it won't be like Junahu's, how you could actually follow a link to the moveset itself. I don't have quite that technology...

They used the same picture, anyway. One picture can be used to symbolize multiple movesets- it will mean different things depending on who looks at it. I'm sorry if this isn't quite the way you had envisioned it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here is my preview:

Doggy:

A middle-aged, middle-class yellow lab, who lives in the small coastal suburban town of Oakington, Maryland. Doggy Dogsmackle enjoyed a peaceful life, until the evil Emperor Sibex and his army attacked Oakington, believing Doggy and Bear to be fulfillers of a mystical of a mystical crystal prophecy. Doggy and co. then had to venture into the great unknown and defeat the tyrant to save the world from destruction. Doggy is full of unmatched endurance, wisdom, and talent on the banjo. Although he has a strict exterior, Doggy is quite playful, and loves adventures in the great outdoors.

Bear:

An extremely wealthy college-aged overweight grizzly bear, who lives in a massive Oakington mansion, complete with a pool, luxurious dining room, and a vast rainforest basement. Bear Munchmaster also owns an expansive vacation island in the Atlantic Ocean, named Bear Island after its owner. Bear was raised by neglectful, yet rich parents, and spent most of his childhood looking up to Doggy, who he met on a treasure-hunting expedition. Alongside his canine friend, Bear saved the world from destruction at the hands of Emperor Sibex. Despite his explorers' heart, Bear is an extreme coward, and is quite dense at times. With extreme power, logic-defying body functions, and an insatiable lust for fast food, Bear is a unique force to be reckoned with.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@mendez: seriously though..........i've taken them out of the contest.
Naw, I was just poking fun at your butchering of the word "taken". I laughed out loud, man. :laugh:

ALL IN GOOD FUN THOUGH NO HARD FEELINGS

Also if it helps, I read your last chapter. I still think you need to work out a better solution for dialog, since as is, it ends up just making the already-imperfect presentation that much harder to work through...

...but otherwise it was fun stuff. :bee:

MarthTrinity said:
I find it kinda funny...I posted too much to not be included in the one/two hit wonders...but not enough for my creations to get recognized elsewhere xD
If it makes things any better (and even if it don't), yours was one of the last names I deleted from the Best Moveset Designer section (meaning you were pretty high up in the running).

If not for those big hundred-page breaks you took from this place, you'd have done much better.

EDIT -

@Spade: Wait...Wolf's a clone?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
If it makes things any better (and even if it don't), yours was one of the last names I deleted from the Best Moveset Designer section (meaning you were pretty high up in the running).

If not for those big hundred-page breaks you took from this place, you'd have done much better.
Thanks Mendez, that does make me feel better. Then again I wasn't in the competition to win really so it's all good. And yeah, those hundred+ page breaks I took were really the death of me xD

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ah, it's good to be back in this... Recognition is fun. Lulz, I got one Best Pokemon vote. Wootz. Lots of votes, can't remember who it was, but danke schon.

I am currently working on my own votes.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Similar moveset, specials only a bit modified, same Final Smash... Yes, I'd say he's a clone.

Edit: Even though he's less of a clone than Falco.
Well, either way...meh.

I think it kind of defeats the purpose here, since he's already in the game. I'd rather see you do some other character, anyway. So would most people, I assume. I mean...Leon? Panther? I'd rather read those than a character I can actually play as.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ah, well. I hate dislike Panther because of his cheesy tries to hit on Krystal, and I think Leon wouldn't fit the playstyle I'd put into Wolf, but no matter. I have enough to do, anyway, 5 is a big number if I want to make 'em quality.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I just read some of the votes......holy crap....

are people actually voting for MY SSE? Thanks to Marth Trinity and Spade fox then :bee:

I'm also happy that TVT voted for me in Best Moveset Designer. And the fact that people are also voting for me in Most improved :bee:

Hopefully i can win something lol.

Oh thanks to Mendez for commenting on my SSE chapter.

Now to get working on Savyna....

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I hate dislike Panther because of his cheesy tries to hit on Krystal
Dude, if you were Panther, you know you'd do the same. Don't lie to yourself. Search your feeling--you know it to be true!

...But yeah, just shoot for the five you've got now. It's a snap to think of a character you'd like to do...but actually making them is another matter. Hence I'm not making a big To-Do list like I did early in MYM3.

If I can finish **** ***, Deoxys, Mach Rider, and ***** I'll move onto other characters.

BKupa666 said:
logic-defying body functions
O.o

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, as long as I have someone translating my bad English into understandable English, it's all good. ^_^

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@MarthTrinity:
Hey, I loved your Light & Ryuk 'set.
Why thank you =)

I guess the only reason I have to be disappointed is because I kept saying I'd make more movesets but got distracted...oh well, I'll start typing them up now and get em in for MYM4.

Now we just need Captain Rainbow to come out in America so I have some basis for my moveset...you heard me Nintendo! If I want to win MYM4 you MUST release Captain Rainbow over here! With the amount of games I've bought from you, you OWE me one Nintendo!!

@TWILTHERO: Yeah, it was one of those SSE that had both humor and creative ideas, so I liked it =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom