• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thanks for the vote, Sly_Fox. ^_^

@Sundance:
I haven't voted for you, because I was sure you would get so many votes, anyway.

Your posts in the Social Group are better, tho. ;D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wait, do you mean you DIDN'T vote for me or aren't GOING to?

Either way: :(:urg:

The social group is awesome because of the spam and stuff XD
I'm voting for you with my heart~ ;3

Sorry. As said, I know you're going to be one of the top "funniest posters", so I didn't vote for you - even tho you'd deserve it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Mendez, cheap_josh and Darkurai (who needs more love, because he posted the freaking MissingNo. Pokéball)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
A'ight, the Beast Trio is up! The first thing I notice looking at this moveset is how may times the word "aroused" is mentioned. Sounds... interesting? Repugnant? Definitely not appropriate for Brawl's target audience? Who am I to judge? Anyway, on to the moveset itself.

THE BEAST TRIO

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: All three of the Beasts seem to show off their personalities and talents in every single one of their attacks. I'm definitely getting a good feel for what each of them is like. This category is always easy for OC's. 9/10

DETAIL: Now, you don't exactly have a ton of it, but it seems to suffice, somehow. I can envisage just about everything, but... blah, blah, lag, range, priority, when to use. This section is really repetitive. 7/10

BALANCE: Stats-wise, I don't see anything really wrong here. All the individual attacks seem fairly solid; a lot of them have high rewards but tough to land. In the case of your Smashes, this is a bit exaggerated; they all have the power to do upwards of 20%, that's pretty brutal. When you add that all three have projectiles (or quasi-projectiles), you end up with three above-average characters. And, as I said for my recent Kovomaka Students review, multi characters with that are not forced to switch are too good at adapting unless they're individually average or lower. Still, no one attack jumps out as ridiculous. 6/10

ORIGINALITY: This moveset excels in this respect. Your smashes and specials in particular are very unique and quite interesting. My favourite of the trio is Jeffrey, for the way his water attacks cause the opponent to slip more often, and the genius move of using P.R. followed up by his dash attack to slide forward. Very interesting concepts abound; Reggie's sax attacks are also great. And the amount of stuff you did with a snake (well, basilisk) is pretty amazing. 9/10

PLAYSTYLE: The trio are all what you'd call "Item" characters, if they were to be classed, in the vein of Game and Watch. If used in moderation, this always adds rather then detracts from the character's feel. Eddie's good here in general; lots of similar-looking attacks and all. Jeffrey has his water, and Reggie has his clouds and wings. And all three have their individual instruments. Not bad in this category, although the lack of a playstyle section makes it hard to specifically imagine how they would individually play. 6/10

ORGANIZATION: Not bad for a three-in-one. Colour coding the three differently helps you out here quite a bit. However, your headers aren't too conspicuous, and some BBCode is definitely called for. 7/10

EXTRAS: Assist trophies, taunts and poses, icon, kirby hats, wiimote sounds, alt. costumes, very disturbing codec, music... you've got it all. Although nothing has too much detail. +2

OVERALL: Your originality really shines through as this moveset's crowning glory. Many attacks are unlike anything I've ever thought of. However, more detail is called for, to help out with how the characters actually play, and how balanced they are. All in all, though, a very nice moveset indeed.

46/60

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Thanks K.Rool for remembering my chao moveset, man it's been a while since I made it!

Just now, since I've seen the Power Kirby moveset before, I'm just thinking Mario could have a moveset involving powers he used to have, there has been a whole bunch of costumes which gave him unique power-ups, maybe someone could do a Power Mario moveset, maybe I could do a Power Mario moveset after my Tails Doll moveset, who knows?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
....Thanks for the votes Sly fox.

Maybe i can win something....

I'll have my next SSE chapter up tomorrow. The return of everyone's fan favourite: Drake and Josh........and other people of course......

And i just noticed that Sundance voted for me in funniest poster.....HOW AM I FUNNY AGAIN?!?!?!?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Thanks K.Rool for remembering my chao moveset, man it's been a while since I made it!

Just now, since I've seen the Power Kirby moveset before, I'm just thinking Mario could have a moveset involving powers he used to have, there has been a whole bunch of costumes which gave him unique power-ups, maybe someone could do a Power Mario moveset, maybe I could do a Power Mario moveset after my Tails Doll moveset, who knows?
No problem.

Powers Mario could definitely have some potential, although after remaking Kirby, I've concluded that it's better to just go with a character who isn't in Brawl, instead of trying to improve on their movesets. At least, I prefer it.

But I WOULD like to see something like that done.

And I just noticed Sly Fox's votes on the previous page; thanks for those! I'm getting way more than I would've expected!

EDIT: And what's so funny about Canadians again? I mean, aside from the fact that we're apparently made of wood.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Sooo what? Just we because we have lots and lots of syrup doesn't mean we're funny.

Also, Three Days Grace kicks *ss. Do not deny it.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
....Oh.....never mind then.

*Thanks Sundance by giving him a Canadian flag, and a bottle of syrup*

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
@ Smashbot-You haven't posted in a while. Also, you were quite serious. Now I must ask: WHY SO SERIOUS?

@TH-*accepts gifts* Now all I need is a horse and one of those funny hats...

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Though everyone says the clear winner is Dracula (which I tl;dr'd)
Lol....i'll admit....when i FIRST read it.....i just skimmed through it.

I'll most likely vote for random movesets...
Fierce Deity link? Huh? Huh?

JK....

ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!! ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!! ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!! ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!!

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Fierce Deity link? Huh? Huh?
ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!! ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!! ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!! ALSO VOTE FOR ME!!! DO IT.!!!
I might vote for FDL. If you're lucky, I'll vote for you.

Also doesn't the song of "I never thought it would be SO simple" not "too"?

PHAIL...j/k

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You rang?

First, lemme' just say that I firmly believe that no other moveset in this contest has such awesome names for it's attacks as ol' Mansex here. Really, it's worth a look-see just to see how many synonyms for "nothing" and "bad" are stuffed into this thing.

But aside from that, it's also a really awesome piece of work, especially for those familiar with the source material (which should be everyone...). This is one of a precious, precious few that have 99.9% original standard attacks, which I'm sure is something most of us here can applaud.

On a more personal note, I have a certain fondness for this 'set because my review of it actually got the author to take a second look at it. And as a result, it became waaay better.

It's like the son I never had!

Princess Mansex wants your soul.

THAT IS ALL

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I never thought that it'd be so simple but
I found a way, I found a way
I always thought that it'd be too crazy but

[Chorus:]
If you open up your mind
See what's inside
It's gonna take some time, to realign
But if you look inside, I'm sure you'll find
Over your shoulder you know that, I told you
I'll always be pickin' you up when you're down
So just turn around

Now that I know that anything's possible
No one can break what is so unbreakable

[Chorus]

No one cares
What you give
You know you gotta live like you wanna live
When it's time
To be free
You know you gotta be what you wanna be

[Chorus]

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I never thought it would be too simple, but...i found a way.... =/= I always thought that it'd be too crazy but I found a way, I found a way

I never thought it would be too simple, but...i found a way....= I never thought that it'd be so simple but
(more or less)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You know, guys, I'm thinking of maybe taking out one of my movesets of this contest, and post a revamped version of it in MYM4... But alas, I wouldn't know whom.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
THAT TEARS IT!!!!

*Says "Hug me brothah*, and then calls someone really strong to crush you by hugging.*

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
You know, guys, I'm thinking of maybe taking out one of my movesets of this contest, and post a revamped version of it in MYM4... But alas, I wouldn't know whom.
I'm planning on doing a better version of TY for MYM4...

THAT TEARS IT!!!!

*Says "Hug me brothah*, and then calls someone really strong to crush you by hugging.*

*akward silence*

Lurkmaster Tank

Smash Rookie
...I read through the ENTIRE thread, and then find out the contest has ended WHILE I WAS READING IT. Argh. My plans were to make four different scythe wielding characters who played in completely different fashions. Not as a team, just as separate characters. So, I guess I'll save them for MYM4. If you really want to know who they are...
Magus
Zasalamel
Lady Harken
Komachi
Although I notice someone who would probably kick my can all over the place already has plans for one of these. Which is why I'll probably do him last.

Also, hype for MissingNO. Pokeball is never misplaced.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Shannon or Gilius.

@MarthTrinity: That's all you've got to say about it? Man, I remember reviewing Shroob. That guy had an awesome respawn animation...

@the Three Days Grace thing: I BANISH YOU TO THE BOWELS OF THE SOCIAL GROUP

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Bah......I still win......

Drake and Josh FTW.

EDIT: *kills Mendez for insulting mt second favourite band*.....also, Austrailian rap blows.

smashbot226

Smash Master

First, lemme' just say that I firmly believe that no other moveset in this contest has such awesome names for it's attacks as ol' Mansex here. Really, it's worth a look-see just to see how many synonyms for "nothing" and "bad" are stuffed into this thing.

But aside from that, it's also a really awesome piece of work, especially for those familiar with the source material (which should be everyone...). This is one of a precious, precious few that have 99.9% original standard attacks, which I'm sure is something most of us here can applaud.

On a more personal note, I have a certain fondness for this 'set because my review of it actually got the author to take a second look at it. And as a result, it became waaay better.

It's like the son I never had!

Princess Mansex wants your soul.

THAT IS ALL
I never thought that it'd be so simple but
I always thought that it'd be too crazy but

[Chorus:]
If you open up your mind
See what's inside
It's gonna take some time, to realign
But if you look inside, I'm sure you'll find
Over your shoulder you know that, I told you
I'll always be pickin' you up when you're down
So just turn around

Now that I know that anything's possible
No one can break what is so unbreakable

[Chorus]

No one cares
What you give
You know you gotta live like you wanna live
When it's time
To be free
You know you gotta be what you wanna be

[Chorus]
I think I'm going to cry...

*Sniff*

SHAMELESS ADVERTISEMENT!

My best IMHO movesets, IN REVERSE ORDER. Or not, whatever.

If you disagree or want to know more, check out the enclosed instruction book signature.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@MarthTrinity: That's all you've got to say about it? Man, I remember reviewing Shroob. That guy had an awesome respawn animation...
Well...it's impressive for the fact that he made a moveset for a generic enemy, the special moves are all unique and based upon different Shroobs from the game, the Final Smash is Yoob for crying out loud, how awesome is that? And like Mendez said, Shroob has a totally unique respawn involving a UFO rather than the standard revival platform...so yes, deffinately check this moveset out, I posted a link in my last post : )

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=536 <--Link right here again
lolchillinz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom