• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Lurkmaster Tank: I see your username is both a pun and an accurate descriptor of your message board behavior. Interesting.

Also since you brought up Spade's MissingNo., I think I'll just refer you all back to my totally cerious review of it:

Chief Mendez the Magnificent said:

@smashbot: And here I was, all set to make an ad for Sauron. OH WELL NOT GONNA' HAPPEN NOW I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY YOU GREEDY PIG

Sonic the Baron said:
Um, Mendez, you misspelled "Xemnas."
Hmm, lemme' see here...

X, E, M, N, A, S

M, A, N, S, E, X

...Nope, pretty sure it's spelled "Mansex". :bee:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...So now that you can no longer submit entries.....its now OKAY to spam? .....=D
Technically this is the "advertising" period, as well as the MYM Awards voting period...

...but yeah, spamming's probably less of a crime now. You don't have any favorite movesets you could show some love for though (that aren't yours)? :(

D

Deleted member

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

*Pants*

+1 post count

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Actually....yes i do!!!
Mendez....i'll pay you 50 fake dollars for YOU to advertise ME.

WARNING! Challenger Approaching!

Peter Griffin
!
Hey mantlecore77, loved the Adam west assist trophy. The peter griffin moveset is brilliant.
OHMIGAWSH.

Peter Griffin was HILARIOUS. Makes me wish I'd done an Irish barmaid alt for Eru.
And you're Catholic too? Groovy.
Peter's move set is epic
That's right. Peter Griffin.

It was absolutely fun to read the moveset. mantlecore sure has done his hopework when he made this. Absolutely fun to read.

One of my favourite movesets.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@Lurkmaster: You read the ENTIRE thread??? Wow... Pretty sure you deserve some kind of medal or award or something for that... Let me see what I can whip up...

@talk o' spam: Yeah, this is basically what the advertising's gonna be like. Seriously, though, it's much less spammy if you actually look at the movesets and start making a list of the ones you really like.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
KWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lurkmaster, reading the entire thread is indeed a feat. Congrats. And I'm looking forward to your movesets; scythe-based characters are underrepresented. That's why I so enjoyed making my Grim Reaper set.

Generic enemies, you say? Pity I had to take Magikoopa out of my sig on account of it being too big.

Say, I've only got one review left on my queue! If anyone wants some post-contest thoughts on one of their movesets (since all the actual judges have stopped taking reviews), I'm up for it. Preferably from someone whose stuff I haven't reviewed.

And, if not, I'm going to start reviewing arbitrary movesets that grab my attention instead of just advertising them.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I'm probly gonna start advertising here pretty soon too. I've been making some improvements to Kirby friends like adding my attack stats thing to them! Im almost done with them i just have 2 more to go

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Phew, I was having a hard time thinking of what Badniks could be used in some of Dr. Robotniks Tilts and Smashes for MYM4, but I found some badniks which could be used well, heres the collection of images I have in the moveset so far (not re-posting the preview pictures). Try to think "How could it be used like", or something like that. Well anyway, here they are:

anyway, the certificate of greatness is presented by the one and only SirKibble. I love it

oh, and if you don't care about the above, heres some advertisment
Team Rocket

Chao

Dry Bowser

Nights

Death Adder

Bean

Metal knuckles

Captain Syrup

Froggy

Miles "Tails" Prower

The Characters with a bigger name are the ones which I think are my best movesets, you might not agree, but this is my opinion!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
BTW guys, i finished tuning up my Drake and Josh moveset on Halloween (except for the grabs.)

Can you checks it out?

Also, vote for Sagi, Leonardo, Mia, and Drake and Josh.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Say, I've only got one review left on my queue! If anyone wants some post-contest thoughts on one of their movesets (since all the actual judges have stopped taking reviews), I'm up for it. Preferably from someone whose stuff I haven't reviewed.
Hmm...

@dancingfrogman: ...are they actually called ''Badniks', or is that just a pet-name?

@TWILTY: I'm sorry. I actually started reading through your Drake & Josh 'set, with the intent of probably making an ad for it...but Lord...I just can't do it.

I just hate that show so much. :mad: Maybe--MAYBE I'll do one for Leonardo.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
well, each machine have their own name, but, just like a speices of animal, they are all grouped in what is called Badniks, I'm pretty sure thats correct.
Wow, I learn something new everyday! Muchos gracias, senor! :bee:

EDIT -

@Spade: They're advertising their own stuff because they're selfish jerks! :bee:

Veggi

Smash Champion
I was trying to avoid doing this because I wasn't sure if it was alowwed, but in the last Make Your Move I entered this moveset incomplete and finished it long later. I just decided I might as well post it again.

TOAD

Please note that his name is in all caps. This means he is important.

Bio: Toad is a character from Mario, he protects Princess Peach, well at least he's supposed to. Similiar to Yoshi's situation, Toad shares the same name as the generic term for his race that looks similair to him. Toad has been featured in lots of Mario games, but is most noted for his first playable appearance in Mario Bros. 2, where he had the fastest pull speed and run speed in the game. His most recent appearance may have possibly been as the leader of the Toad Brigade, where he had the highest authority of them, however he acted less like the rest of the Toad Brigade because he was the most afraid of all the toads, as well as being the highest ranked and looked the most like Toad, leading people to believe that it was actually him. Which seems likely. The Toad Brigade, while not looking as individualized as the new Toad Brigade, was also featured in Super Mario Sunshine, although didn't play as important of a role. The Toad Brigade travels the galaxies in their ship the Starshroom.

Stats

Strength: 5/5
Speed: 5/5
Jump: 1/5
2nd Jump 1/5
Weight: 1/5

I sort of just ripped these stats from Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart. He isn't exactly a balanced character.

Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes (he runs up walls in Wario's Woods, so I thought this seemed fitting or something)
Crawl: No

Specials (because no one cares about the rest)

Neutral: Eats a mushroom, it heals ten percent, he only has 4 of them because that's how many he gave Mario in Mario RPG, he gets them back when he loses a stock and it takes him about 5 seconds to eat it, good luck getting 5 seconds.

Forward: Throws a bomb like in Wario's Woods. 17%

Up: He gets on a star and flys in the direction you hold like what he rides on when he asks you those questions in that one Mario Party game, remember how Baby Bowser had the black one? It does no damage and he falls off after a little bit. After he uses it, it takes a couple seconds to come back, sort of like ROB's up b.

Down: You have to be above the person and press down b, then Toad picks them up and holds them above his head, where he can can run around and throw them they would have a lot of stun afterwards. He had the fastest pull speed in Mario Bros. 2. 10%

A Combo

Toad takes out a spear and smacks people with it, the Royal Toad Guards have them at the end of Galaxy. 10%
^^^^^
SPOILER

Dash Attack

Toad's slide attack from Mario Strikers, it makes people trip. 8%

Smashes
Forward: Toad's special goal-scoring ability in Strikers where he charges up by holding his leg back and then kicks the ball, making it catch on fire. Why it catches on fire, I really don't know. Max 25%

Up: Smacks people with his head like in Mario Strikers. 18%

Down: Toad spins around on his head. Like the taunt when he scores a goal. 15%

Tilts

Forward: High knock-back, very low damage. He darts a very short distance and runs into someone. Like in Mario RPG, Toad runs into you and does 1 damage. 1%

Up: Takes out star and holds it above his head, you know how he gives you the stars in Mario 64? Stars are pointy. Yeah, I'm a genius, you don't need to tell me. 12%

Down: Has more lag than other tilts, he jumps forward and hits them with his head, same thing like in Strikers, as his tackle. 16%

Aerials

Neutral: Flails his arms around crying, I think he does this in Luigi's Mansion when you find him, but I'm not sure. Fits his character anyway. 15%

Forward: Toad hits them with a tennis racket, it's difficult to connect with, but powerful and has a bubble effect. 20%

Backward: Holds a koopa shell out behind him, like you could in Mario Kart when you didn't want to drop something, but just hold it behind you so people could run into it. 15%

Up: Toad does a head ram like when he shoots for a goal from the air in Mario Strikers, at least I think he does this. The knock-back is similiar to Mario's uair, but this one doesn't cover as much space, and this one has more knock back. 15%

Down: Kicks with foot, having a forwardish knockback. 15%

Throws

Initial Catch: With hands.

Bash: Hit with head. 2%

Forward: Do a deke with them in your feet and crash them on the ground. (deke = dodge from Mario Strikers) 10%

Backward: Backwards deke. 10%

Up: Bounce them up with Toad's head. 6%

Down: Punt. 12%

Final Smash

Golden Mushroom

Toad can rocket himself forward everytime he presses b, it does lots of damage and knock-back. Toad has gold sparks that fly out behind him after every use. It can function as a recovery as well.

Taunts

Up: Toad spins on head
Side: Toad puts on his head lamp and flashes it on, then off.
Down: Toad jumps up and down throwing one of his hands up in the air, switching per jump.

Costumes

You get the idea.

Misc.

Standing Animation: Toad looks around

Standing for too long: Toad goes to sleep or sits down.

Shielding Animation: Toad puts his Royal Guard Shield in front of him.

Rolling Animation: Toad Bounces back as if scared.

Spot Dodge Animation: Toad jumps away, Toad actually faces away from the fight rather than torward during spot dodge.

Sleeping Animation: See the Yellow Toad?

Toad's side taunt stuns for one second, but it's hard to make it of any use.

Winning/Losing

Win 1: Toad is sleeping.

Win 2: Toad runs off-screen and the sound of wood being hit can be heard, then Toad falls over back on screen.

Win 3: Toad spins around on his head.

Lose: Toad crys instead of clapping, what a jerk.

Story Mode Intro.

After your characters are selected the first character you choose starts the match a cut scene happens. Toad comes running and crashes into you, he then decides to join your team. Afterwards, you humorously start the match with 1% as a reference to Super Mario RPG.

Codec Conversation

Snake: There's a fungi infecting this child's head and he's trying to kill me.
Otacon: That's Toad, Snake.
Snake: No, it's a child.
Otacon: That's not what I mean, the creatures name is Toad and it comes from a species called Toad.
Snake: Your not making any sense.
Otacon: Just do it, Snake.

Rosalina's Observatory

Style: Aerial, no-hazards

The Starshroom would be floating off stage and it would have the gravity effect like when it appeared on a stage, so you could run around it. The ship would also have a Toad visible inside it. The main area would be like from where the Green Lumas first started gathering, with the steps added into it. It would stretch from there to the main map and Rosalina and Polari would be standing around it as a bunch of Lumas flew around and they could be bounced on. Any where further and you would fall off. A couple of Toads including the leader of the Toad Brigade as well as Mail Toad would be there to be bounced on too.

The backround would include many Lumas flying around as well as everything that was visible from the spot I mentioned facing torwards the rest of the observatory. It's fair, and yet fun at the same time.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Ah, my bad. I only read two pages back and assumed it was just early advertising because someone suggested someone else make another moveset. I should have checked in on the thread more.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, I haven't been able to come and visit this thread much at all lately...my computer broke down and I didn't have any access to the internet whatsoever (Router + Modem broke...), so I'm posting this on my friend's laptop.

Anyways, thanks for the review, MasterWarlord. I haven't read it yet, but the fact that you reviewed it has surely made me a bit happier today.

After skimming through the last couple of pages, I could see that the voting for the best '___' has started, as well as MYM 3.0 closing. I wanted to add and possibly finish Goombella before Halloween, but I guess it's too late for that now. And thank you very much for anyone that's voted for me, I wish I'd have enough time to compile a list of my own, but...I can't.

I'll probably be able to come back sometime this or next week, but I doubt my disappearance has been noticed at all actually, due to the fact I rarely post here, and doesn't leave much of an impact.

With all that said : Happy Belated Halloween.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Veggi, you're a little late for reposting that moveset (I actually remember reading through that the first time...)

If you want to spruce it up a bit more, you could always enter Toad in MYM4, once we get it started.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like enough people beat me to it already.

But I still remember that 'set from the first time you posted it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'll try that, but then it would be the third time I've posted it. XD

How was the moveset though?
Looks fine, but it's lacking in detail. Things have gotten pretty crazy since MYM2. Most people expect a paragraph or so about each attack, describing damage, range, lag, etc. for everything.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Veggi, you're a little late for reposting that moveset (I actually remember reading through that the first time...)

If you want to spruce it up a bit more, you could always enter Toad in MYM4, once we get it started.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like enough people beat me to it already.

But I still remember that 'set from the first time you posted it.
I would, but I actually had to delete some stuff to keep it in one post earlier. So I think I'll take the lazy way out; maybe I'll take a more active role in the next one. From the first time you saw it, was it the full version?

Looks fine, but it's lacking in detail. Things have gotten pretty crazy since MYM2. Most people expect a paragraph or so about each attack, describing damage, range, lag, etc. for everything.
Oh, looks like people have gotten far.

*clicks a random page to see*

Agi

Smash Lord
SHAMELESS ADVERTISING FOR MALLOW!

@Mallow

*raises hand* Can you eatz it?
I'm back. Mallow looks decently good, eager to see it finished.
Chief Mendez's Review said:
So it’s innovative. It’s also very nice looking/easy and even a little fun to read. It’s also a very good moveset.

Awesome job, man.

28/40
Mallow was my final submission to MYM 3.0, and the most fun for me to write. A unique feature of the moveset was "Timed Hits", the ability to tap the A button during a certain part of the attack for extra damage or an additional effect. Although it went ignored for the most part, Mendez's review gave me the satisfaction I needed.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I'm not on halfsilvers list at all... I made 3 movesets...
1 guy with 3 movesets got posted! Why am I not on the list?

Anyway ADVERTISING TIME

GOOMBA

Goomba was a very hard moveset to make. He doesnt even have arms!
But I made it, and Goomba has never been better.
With a small spiked helmet, a bouncing shoe, a pair of wings, and complete spirit of destruction, Goomba is back...

Shy Guy

Shy Guy has hidden all these years but for a reason...HE WANTS TO KICK A**!!!
Shy Guy is able to use tons of incredible contraptions like a giant mace, a propeller, a Bullet Bill, Bob-ombs, and more!
And no one will ever know whats behind that mask....

SIR KIBBLE

He has stopped being a common generic Kirby enemy...
He has tuned his blade to perfection...
He rides a cart, and has a big cannon...
ITS SIR KIBBLE!!!
His blade can now be used for both throwing and close ranges sword slashes. Also he has tons of possible ranged attacks! ALL HAIL KIBBLE!

And now, for only $39,99, you can have your very own shirt with either of the three!
Buy it! NOW.

-------------------------------------------------

And thus ends my noobish advertising. Links of the movesets in the sig.

........:laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Bah. That's another favorite to cross off my list, agi...

@arkserenadeday: Ouryay Igpay Atinlay siay ncrediblyiay ackinglay. Earnlay otay ypetay, 00bnay.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Big pimpin' time!

Dry Bones!
Not much in comparison to the mountains of awesome of the later contest, but Dry Bones was the first S-rated moveset and started MYM with a bang.

Froslass

My favorite 4th-gen Pokemon, this little lady's been voted multiple times for Best Pokemon Entry.

And since I just got an attack of the lazies:

Teigen Kalos
Erutashi Orrandey (Every artist has a muse. Eru's mine.)
Nintendogs

Ugh, I spent all effing day helping do the laundry. *headdesk* The smell of clothes fresh out of the dryer has become quite odious to me.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And there we go with the ads for my movesets... all in all it has become 14. Wow.

As an explanation: Those "tiers" actually state on whom I think has come out best (Top), good (High) and oh well, better luck next time (Mid).

Top Tier:

High Tier:

Mid Tier:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom