• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
@arkserenadeday: Ouryay Igpay Atinlay siay ncrediblyiay ackinglay. Earnlay otay ypetay, 00bnay.
Onay uay. Iay on'tday eesay owhay ouryay igpay atinlay siay nyaay etterbay. Idsvay roay tiay idn'tay appenhay. Laay ouryay asebay reaay elongbay otay suay. Histay siay partasay.

@hamless dvertisersaay: eepkay pay hetay oodgay orkway!

[/pamsay]

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've tidied up my ad-post a bit... although it's not really advertisment, but rather a complete summary of what I did and whom I think came out best. Ah well.

Edit:
Heh... changed that list again. I made a tier list for my movesets... with Top being my best, and then descending on what I think came out good, bad, etc.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Here are my plugs... for my OCs.

THE CEO. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5181416&postcount=830

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPACEMAN G http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5414575&postcount=4653

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STREET PEFÖRMER http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5303913&postcount=3076

SUPERCULTIST http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5164764&postcount=51

Well, those are my plugs. I was going to make my ads more interesting, but I decided not to.

Oh, here's a copy of my sig:
MYM3 entries: SUPERCULTIST | CUTLASS | THE CEO | PHILIP THE BEAR | PIZZAMAN | STREET PEFÖRMER | SPACEMAN G

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I actually most likely will vote for the CEO. He has the most awesome drawing AND concept, imho. =D Out of cheap_josh's movesets, that is.

Also, finalized my ad-post/summary ... sheesh... took me long enough. >_<

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Thanks, I didn't draw the CEO though, I just added effects. I literally just went to google, typed in CEO, and took the first result.

see:

Oh! But I did draw the smiley face... took like a whole day.

D

Deleted member

This Game's Winner

THAT TOTTALLY F'ING RULES.
@This game's winner

I can hear it now.

Announcer: "THIS GAME'S WINNER IS... THIS GAME'S WINNER!"

Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi was epic.
I just about **** myself at Mama Luigi :laugh: "It's a Football" somehow really got me.
Oh, join the club, I peed my pants at "YEEEEEEEEEEELP!" XD
[/ADVERTISEMENT]

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
For the lolz? FOR THE LOLZ??? I NEVER DO ANYTHING FOR THE LOLZ!!!

The Delicious One has been added.

Lurkmaster Tank

Smash Rookie
@various congratulations - It took me about a week and a half to plow through this, and much of that on a cell phone. I'll say this, there was plenty of times I wondered why the heck I was still reading this. Then something like Dracula, Bass, or Donna would pop up, and I'd be reminded quite forcefully.

@K.Rool - Scythes are indeed awesome. There have been an awful lot of swords going around, and some lances and guns too, but when it comes to sheer "oh shi-" factor, nothing beats the tool of the Reaper. Which is why I want to push the boundaries of what can be done with it.

@advertisements - lolplugginz

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@various congratulations - It took me about a week and a half to plow through this, and much of that on a cell phone. I'll say this, there was plenty of times I wondered why the heck I was still reading this. Then something like Dracula, Bass, or Donna would pop up, and I'd be reminded quite forcefully.
If you say something like that I'm bound to expect much of you in the next version of this contest.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Okay, I really am going to advertise some of my favorites of others' movesets, but in the meantime, it's a lot easier to advertise your own, so how about just one for now? One I'm quite proud of:

PKSkyler said:
Sandslash is great! hes always been my second favorite pokemon (behind Hitmonlee, of course.)

original and cool, brought a lot of pokemon moves into it! Final smash is sweet too.
LUVTOY77-ROGUE-WIREFRAME said:
I like the Sandslash moveset. I like it a lot. I love how you used actual pokemon moves for the standard attacks, that's kick ***! Nice moveset, andyou make Sandslash seem like a better candidate than Lucario. (don't kill me luc. fans)
MasterWarlord’s review said:
This really jumped out at me how well the moveset fit the character, what with every attack being named after a Pokemon move. You don't exactly make all the moves true to the game, such as Spikes, but that's excusable for the most part when there are only so many Pokemon moves to choose from. I also love the fact that his play style is completely ground oriented, and he's a ground type Pokemon. Great job.
Sandslash being my favorite Pokemon through all the generations, I had to make a moveset for him. Every single attack is a real Pokemon move, which is something I'm very proud of. I feel like I really made Sandslash seem like a viable Smash character, which is something I've found that most Pokemon movesets fail to do. That aside, this was possibly the moveset I had the most fun making this contest, and I imagine it's at least an entertaining read, especially if you're a Pokefan.

smashbot226

Smash Master
WHAT DO PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT:

YODA?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME said:
I couldn't help but laught at the end of the Yoda moveset's codec....
Nice work though!
MasterWarlord said:
Wow, that set is amazing. You have just made Yoda 40,000 times more awesome.
Iron Thorn said:
I'm really surprised you can actually make this character balanced. Good work.
cheap_josh said:
That codec is EPIC WIN.

CEL LINK?

KingK.Rool said:
Toon Link's moveset is really creative, smashbot, as a moveset around that character deserves to be (the Grab is ingenious). I feel that you have the right amount of detail without going overboard. However, the FAir seems a bit out of place and this kind of character. I also think you could have done more with the Final Smash. Maybe making the player input four buttons to use the Windwaker instead of it happening automatically?

Other than that, good job, a really fun moveset to read though.
TWILTHERO said:
Lol, at the sakurai moveset. And smashbot, your Toon Link moveset was awesome.
cheap_josh said:
Wow Toon Link's one of the best movesets ever. If he was in the real game I'd main him...

A vote for these two is a vote for survival- YOURS.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I know this is the advertisment part, I'm thinkin bout making a Noba (Bleach) moveset as he is my fav. character, any thoughts?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Spadefox said:
The quotes generally look like they've never been actually spoken - considering that they're lacking the small blue arrow-boxes linking to them.
That shouldn't be an indicator, though, as that's an easy thing to remove / not include.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The quotes generally look like they've never been actually spoken - considering that they're lacking the small blue arrow-boxes linking to them.
In my case at least, I have no idea to do that for multiple quotes. But I can assure you that every quote for Bass.EXE and Shaman is 100% legit.

@Smashbot: You forgot my comment on Yoda! I said something along the lines of "His force and force pull are good for mind-games." I was the first person to comment on it too, so I'm surprised you didn't include it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yes, they may be easy to remove, but honestly - what would be the benefit out of it?
They're also easy to not include, though. My advertisement didn't have them, because I just copied and pasted the text, rather than directly quoting it. So... Yeah. I'm just saying, you shouldn't use the lack of blue arrow as a justification for thinking it's not a real quote.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oh.

Well, I certainly feel stupid. After all this time on this and other forums, I have finally realized the purpose of the "Multiquote" button. Hehehe. Eeesh...

That's probably the reason others don't include the arrow.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh.

Well, I certainly feel stupid. After all this time on this and other forums, I have finally realized the purpose of the "Multiquote" button. Hehehe. Eeesh...

That's probably the reason others don't include the arrow.
Do you remember you said what Smashbot quoted there?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Smashbot:

1) I don't remember saying that......did i? 0.o

2) No offense, but you didn't even add the detail to the B attacks/aerials.....

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Has everyone voted on the MYM awards?? Once again, it's linked in my sig, & remember that you can pm me ur votes if u'd rather no one else see ur votes.

& while ur at it, u can check out my linked movesets as well... :chuckle:

/shameless advertising

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Say, I've only got one review left on my queue! If anyone wants some post-contest thoughts on one of their movesets (since all the actual judges have stopped taking reviews), I'm up for it. Preferably from someone whose stuff I haven't reviewed.
How about Drizzt? I already got a review from Mendez, but i was thinking about reposting him in MYM4, with new standard attacks and more use of a certain black panther... So yeah i wanted another person's input.

The link is in my sig.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
How about Drizzt? I already got a review from Mendez, but i was thinking about reposting him in MYM4, with new standard attacks and more use of a certain black panther... So yeah i wanted another person's input.

The link is in my sig.
Sure, why not? But let's stop it there, because I now have five movesets on my queue again. So, yeah. No more.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Kirby friends are finally finished. Phew that was a lot of work! i plan on doing more advertising stuff 2moro and later this week too

[advertising]

Look at all my movesets in my sigg!!!

[/ advertising]

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
I know iz ******** but, MYM 3.0 has a cool name, so why dont we cont. this tradation, and since pokemon seems to be the biggest series here, how about MYM 4ever?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Oh my! I totally forgot to vote on the MYM 3.0 Awards. Better get it out of the way now before I forget again.
-------------------------------------------
Best Moveset Designer:
BKuppa666
MasterWarlord
KoJ
KingK.Rool
Cheap_Josh

Best OC Designer:
Cheap_Josh
BKuppa666

Best SSE:
SmashBot226
MasterWarlord

Best One Hit Wonder:
Vaul
Mardyke
Kiki52

Best Pokemon Entry:
KingK.Rool: Pidgeot
Iron Thorn: Froslass
LUVTOY77-ROGUEWIREFRAME: Mewtwo

Most Improved Moveset Designer:
MasterWarlord

Most Helpful MYM Poster:
KingK.Rool
Chief Mendez

Funniest MYM Poster:
Sonic the Baron
Darkurai
SirKibble

Best Moveset Rater:
Chief Mendez
KingK.Rool

Top Commie:
MasterWarlord
SirKibble

This Thread's WINRAR is:
SpadeFox
SirKibble

... The next person who says "Shameless Advertising" is getting a swift kick to the crotch.

Edit: I'd prefer "MakeYourMove4" or "MYM4" as names for the next contest. Simple is best, and it sounds much more authentic when you don't embellish it with silly subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom