• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Man the weather is terrible. Also Fox is not answering his phone... is that normal? I just want to be sure this is still happening before I drive out in that storm...

C!Z

Smash Lord
Man the weather is terrible. Also Fox is not answering his phone... is that normal? I just want to be sure this is still happening before I drive out in that storm...
Well I would think it would still be happening unless he called it off no...? Yeah I can't believe how much it snowed in 4 or 5 hours. I was up around 6 still and there wasn't any snow lol

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Alright well I'm heading out, see you all there. Even if he does end up not there, we can always go somewhere else or go bug Fate at work haha.

slave1

Smash Lord
sorry i have not arrived. i have no car and marcus cant drive either. :( sorry.

C!Z sorry i couldn't make it. well if there is no smash fest being held anytime between now and when you leave. i guess this is my good by.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Some amazing melee smashes today, ggs all.

C!Z I might have to move on the 27th and the 20th I will be free for sure so my vote for now is the 20th.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well, sorry we had to leave so soon, but my bro was bored, and I wanted to get him out of there.

But both of us had fun. Sorry I couldn't give you more of a better match, Wang. I was just sucking that round. You'll have to teach me some Bowser stuff if I want to get farther than I did with Bowser today.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm itching to play some Melee. I wish I could've gone to MA today. And I also vote for the 20th for the Smash-fest.

___X___

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOO not the 20th! make it any day AFTER the 20th! (since its christmas break and no one has school)

i have to go to NEW MEXICO on the 20th!!!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Smash-fest talk should be moved to the Utah Thread.

And Minato, it's too bad you didn't come. Some high-level Street Fighter: 3rd Strike players came to the MA for a bit, so you could have played them.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I doubt it. I don't think they were happy traveling through that snow just so they could play each other and some random people (that don't stand a chance), so we didn't give them such a good first impression.

___X___

Smash Lord
I doubt it. I don't think they were happy traveling through that snow just so they could play each other and some random people (that don't stand a chance), so we didn't give them such a good first impression.
Ohh ohh!! i fought one of them and i beat them once!!

wooo hooo :colorful:

i went balls out XD

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I disagree. I already told the guy what he would be getting into if he came. Most of the fighting game scene here has been dead the whole year until I started it back up again. It was mostly an opportunity to meet the majority of the new guys. I'm sure they will come to play again sometime, especially since they missed Minato.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Ohh ohh!! i fought one of them and i beat them once!!

wooo hooo :colorful:

i went balls out XD

Maybe they were "joebagging"...
:p

I disagree. I already told the guy what he would be getting into if he came. Most of the fighting game scene here has been dead the whole year until I started it back up again. It was mostly an opportunity to meet the majority of the new guys. I'm sure they will come to play again sometime, especially since they missed Minato.
Well, I guess when one's desperate, they tend not to mind too much. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If they do come back, I'd like to play them at Street Fighter or any other fighting games.
I wonder who they used in 3rd Strike.

Back on topic, once FTS posts the results of MA 10, could the top 8 post who they used as their mains this tourney? It would also help if other people could fill in the blanks if we're missing some.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Indeed, I need the results as well. We can't really have a panel meeting without even knowing the previous tournament's results. The only thing I know is that ___ got 1st and Ken Neth got 2nd.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Wangston got third. But this week is really, really not good for me to have a panel meeting, especially if it lasts as long as the last one did.. Unless you want to do it after Friday when my finals are over.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I have 5 finals AND a ten page paper I have to take by friday lol. We should do it on sunday, cause C!Z's smashfest is on saturday, unless we wanted to have it there.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
some other places i know, i believe i got 4th, waff got 9th, and my little bro got 13th, i think C!Z was right under me, and then Dryu

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Since it could be awhile until FTS is able to post the results, could the top 8 state who they used so we can get this done quickly?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Huh? He didn't mean top-8 of the Power Rankings, if that's what you're thinking. He is talking about top-8 of MA10, which I don't think anyone except FTS knows what it exactly looks like.

And FTS has posted recently in the Utah Thread, so I wonder why he couldn't post the results.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Huh? He didn't mean top-8 of the Power Rankings, if that's what you're thinking. He is talking about top-8 of MA10, which I don't think anyone except FTS knows what it exactly looks like.

And FTS has posted recently in the Utah Thread, so I wonder why he couldn't post the results.
I was making a joke that looks like it didn't land :( and im not even in the top 8 so you should know I wasn't talking about that silly PC.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
1. X
2. KenNeth
3. Wangston
4. Rade
5. C!Z
5. ???(Could be Jelly)
7. Dryu
7. Jellyfishn

Im pretty sure this is like 90% accurate. The only thing I can't remember is the second 5th(or last 7th if jelly got 5th.)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Wait, wangston got third? But I faced him in the loser's semi-finals, or finals, or something like that...

You can't really do this without actually seeing every match, so I think it'd be better if FTS posted it than us trying to guess it.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I fought him in loser's finals. And I'm pretty sure he fought Rade right before he fought me in loser's semi finals. So you must've been earlier than that. But I'm guessing that you are still in the top 8.

wangston

Smash Lord
I think I fought Lanky, rade, and then crump in that order. I know lanky beat jelly before he fought me, there match was intense.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Metal Awesome 10 Results

Metal Awesome 10 Results

Brawl 1v1:

1: X
2: KenNeth
3: Wangston
4: Rade
5: C!Z
5: Lanky
7: Jellyfishn
7: DarkRyu
9: Waffle
9: Friar
9: Brodusman
9: Joke
13: Faja

Everyone was too busy playing friendlies and backing out of Melee to start any other tournaments.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Then that would put lanky at 5th and Jelly at 7th. I'm pretty sure Marco's list is right once you put Lanky in there at 5th.

Edit: FTS beat me to it XD

wangston

Smash Lord
The melee scene is going to fade without sexy ciz, utah is going to lose like 10% of it's melee players when ciz leaves. Is there any chance that there will be brawl doubles again. I don't care i don't like them, but everyone else wants them. Also everyone leaves once brawl singles is over :( leaves once brawl singles are over.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
:p

I'm thinking late January for the next tournament. The Neumont tournament might be around then too. Snow sucks. Finally updated first post of Utah Thread too.

C!Z isn't the first person to leave Utah. Melee and everything else will still be fine :) We can try brawl doubles next tourney...maybe. Probably either brawl doubles or just one of each.

Top Bottom