• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No nintendo can't make there own anymore so any you will get are off brand.
They're still making them. Most stores don't carry them anymore because they don't need to. Plus it's cheaper for stores to get third party controllers in stock.

@spudzalot If you really want one, go online.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
They're still making them. Most stores don't carry them anymore because they don't need to. Plus it's cheaper for stores to get third party controllers in stock.

@spudzalot If you really want one, go online.
No they arn't, the company that created the tech for that kind of joystick sued Nintendo, Xbox, and Play station for useing it. Play station then payed for the rights to use it, X box payed them off but wouldn't say how much, nintendo said F*** you we don't need your tech and are now making there own.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/67593-Microsoft-Sony-Nintendo-Sued-Over-Joysticks

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/...-filed-against-ms-nintendo-and-sony-20070110/

serveral more sights going on about it, but I couldn't find the one explaining what nintendo ended up doing.

$35 is pricy? Pfft! That's small fry!! I spent $50 for mine...
Silly rich PC

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No they arn't.
Yes they are. I didn't state whether it was Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Japan. The ban only pertains on US soil. ;)

But yeah Fate, you are right. Seems like they aren't making any more of them in the US, they were just releasing all of their stocks.

So if anyone wants a GCN controller, import one.

$35 is pricy? Pfft! That's small fry!! I spent $50 for mine...
Is that the bluish looking one?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Is that the bluish looking one?
Why would you spend that much on one? I bought mine for $5
Yes, it is. Official name is "Emerald Green"...but anyway.

I like the color, and it's rare and unique. If I leave my controller somewhere (which I rarely do, anyway, but that's not the point) and come back to it later, I won't be wondering "is this my controller?" like I've seen soooo many others ask that, since they have a platinum one that almost everyone else has. But that fact is just a bonus, IMO. The color, along with its uniqueness, alone is worth it for me. And if the controller ever wears out, I can buy a new one of any color and replace the shell, so it's not like I have to buy a new emerald green one. (I actually have two emerald green controllers. I had to buy a second one, since the first has SephirothKen's and BombSoldier's signatures on it, so I couldn't do the shell replacement for it.)

BTW, the reason it costs so much is because it was only released in Japan and has been out of production for a couple of years, so it's extremely rare to find a brand-new one.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Me and Geek have to come later today. Somewhere around 2:30 and 3:00. We will be missing doubles. But we'll be there to rock at singles! (I will bring my Wii then)

nevermind we are on our way :)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Tourney of Fate 01/03/09

Brawl solos:
Bracket: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/CorruptFate/TOF5brawlbracket.gif?t=1231099576
1: Dai-a (?)
2: Yaz (MK)
3: X (Sonic)
4: Waff (kirby)
5: Kenny(Snake)
5: Staz (?)
7: Rade (Waff)
7: Lada (ROB I think)
9: Spuds
9: Jelly
9: Final
9: huh?
13: Faja
13: Fate
13: Joke

Teams:
Bracket: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/CorruptFate/ToF5teamsbracket.gif?t=1231099622
1: Bag of burritos (Dai-a&Lada)
2: team smash (Kenny&Yaz)
3: DK jungle Juice (X&Staz)
4: Everybody ^8 (Rade&Waff)
5: team impossable (Final&Vazor)
5: IDK (Jelly&joke)
7: Team Rocket (huh?&spuds)

Not to bad...some1 spilled pizza or somthing like that on the ground at the very least let me know or clean it up so that my boss or people don't come in and see it... 3 out of 4 of them were at the tounry today. I got a sweet open sign for my basment that I can't wait to put up. Over all it went good, there were a few time with people breaking the rules that not I but the SBR have created im sorry to anyone who had this problem and will try to fix it for future tournies. Have fun Cya laters.

Also it sounds like the next one will be at the south Jordan store (10449 So. Redwood Rd. South Jordan, UT 84095) so that there people can learn how to host tournies..there is a national CoD 4 tourny sponsered by the millitary comming up if any of you play that.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
SpudZ :D

HUH? once we use our new team name we will do much better. Or maybe we need to pop more balloons at Smashville. Either one will do.

Also, I wish I beat Yaz. I was so close. ;__;

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Brawl solos:
1: Dai-a (?)
2: Yaz (MK)
4: Waff (kirby)
5: Kenny(Snake)
5: Staz (?)
7: Rade (Waff) What?? LOL
7: Lada (ROB I think)
9: Spuds
9: Jelly
9: Final
9: huh?
13: Faja
13: Fate
13: Joke
I don't want to be listed as snake. I used Marth and Lucario.

LOL at Rade maining Waff. Staz used kirby against me and david went snake in the finals.

How much further away is the one in south jordan? I don't want to drive more than i have to..

Minato

穏やかじゃない
1: Dai-a (Snake?)
2: Yaz (Meta Knight)
4: Waff (Kirby)
5: Kenny(Marth and Lucario)
5: Staz (Kirby)
7: Rade (?)
7: Lada (ROB?)

I'll give it a week before I submit unless it's done earlier.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Man, I wasn't too pleased with the seeding in singles...(take it away Mistah Johns). Ah well. This was a fun tourney anyway.
Man, Waff, You were on fire today! Too bad I beat you last tourney. XD
Ya this was a hard 1 to seed as people keep *****ing to get it started before I had a chance to look at it, and there were so few people...but you did remind me to get the bracket up, ill go fix that in a few right now I have to go remove snow.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
pfft i picked a good time to use waff, but put me down for fox and dont mess it up minato! i looked at ankoku's list and you left out who i used even though we told you who it was!

so wait a brawl tourney is in south jordan or a CoD tourney is?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It'll be a brawl tourny, but the reason they want it is because there will be a CoD touny comming up and they want me to show the guy who will be running it how to work the program and such...along with the store is smaller and doesn't get as much people so if alot of people come it looks better for them.

Just think of it as ToF6 will be there rather then where it normally is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom