• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Dude i know exactly what you mean, just be glad you werent playing with me and my pal, i was doing one with 3 people on kakariko village, you know where you have to throw the bandits into that pen, and we kept throwing the 3rd player in there, then he would die, and we would take his force gems, it was awesome
When I had the game a few years back we would do things like that. The worst was when you would get into an endless chain of hitting each other off a cliff until somone finally called a truce.
What makes you think I'm going Snake....I could end up going Diddy! Oh, or maybe Toon Link!

I should go Bowser!!

I'll let him know.
You use Toon Link? Since when? Well, I would be fine with any of them accept Diddy. I dont really like him in teams (if you use nanners a lot). Anyway, whether you use Snake or not we need an awesome name. :D
At least it's near impossible to get a game over in Four Swords Adventure. That game was fun, but it was too easy.

CC on the other hand...

Anyways, I'll see everyone at BUST.
Four Swords is really, really easy. I remember getting one game over in multiplayer, but only because we were all being idiots in the room before a boss and only had about half a heart each...

(by the way I am feeling waaaay better right now, my sore throat is almost gone)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You use Toon Link? Since when? Well, I would be fine with any of them accept Diddy. I dont really like him in teams (if you use nanners a lot). Anyway, whether you use Snake or not we need an awesome name. :D
Epic names usually don't come to me until 5 seconds before the money is handed in. Trust me.

But I haven't used Toon Link much lately, but it's a character I'm decent with in teams, rather than in singles. Although, my Diddy is what shines in teams, and it's worked so far in teams with another Snake.

We'll have to practice before we decide, cause I'm not a fan of teams with the same character. I can never tell...

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I guess FTS missed that part on how we ended up calling it bUST/BUST, and didn't want to read through the pages of posts, so I'm just going to explain (for him and anyone else that doesn't know).
I read every post, so I did see it :p I meant to ask for someone to make up something the "b" could stand for. "Brawl" was one of the last words I wanted to hear, btw.

I might post the Melee-specific rules to the OP, to emphasize that we are doing Melee for sure this time.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Epic names usually don't come to me until 5 seconds before the money is handed in. Trust me.

But I haven't used Toon Link much lately, but it's a character I'm decent with in teams, rather than in singles. Although, my Diddy is what shines in teams, and it's worked so far in teams with another Snake.

We'll have to practice before we decide, cause I'm not a fan of teams with the same character. I can never tell...
Ok we will wait and choose a name.

Also when we practice we could try other combinations. I can use Snake, Weegee, Marth, Yoshi and Jiggz well. Snake and Yoshi have been my best in teams.

Im totally getting a revelation of a banana slip into rest, though. :chuckle:

DZLE

Smash Master

I LOL'ed at "Master X". :laugh: (And there are still some grammatical mistakes in that correction of yours.)

Are you sure you'll "destroy" him? But I guess if one loses to a person playing one-handed, it'll seriously hurt one's pride. And he may not be worth their time, but his money sure is. ;) (But this is all assuming that he is all talk. We'll see how good he is in TWO DAYS!)

But wait, are you saying you can possible come and play with both hands, DZLE?
YES. BOTH HANDS. Together!
I have been given the information by my doctor that I CAN TAKE THE BRACE OFF IF I AM SITTING DOWN!
This means....
dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnn
SMASH.

But I would still fight gkirby 1 handed, because of the whole epic hurt of pride.

And yes..... bouncer..... I like that.... UT Bouncer DZLE at your service.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Hmm the B could be "Best"

Or if you want to get really deep, since it came from 'nowhere', it could be a recursive definition and the B would mean BUST:
BUST Utah Smash Tourney
What does the BUST there mean?
(BUST Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney
((BUST Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney
(((BUST Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney
((((BUST Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney) Utah Smash Tourney
:psycho::laugh:

DZLE

Smash Master
bUST+

Teehee, I like the plus idea.
Dryu changed his color from a cool orange to some Pale Tortoise color. and he just said "teehee"........ haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Uhm, I actually like bUST+ too, because its not just brawl utah state tournament, theres melee and other stuff too!!!!
But bust is fine or whatever

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Soooooo, I know I'm beating the dead horse here. But if anyone in the Provo area can give me a ride for tomorrow I would appreciate it very much. :)

I owe it to Minato to bring my Wii + Tatsunoko.

And if anyone complains about me not asking early enough, I asked two days ago :p.

Vazor offered, but sadly, I don't think he's that close to me.

Gojira

Smash Lord
This may be kinda late but...

If anyone is interested in playing SF4 or HD remix on my PS3 bring a PS3 controller.

BTW this ganstakirby kids makes me Laugh out Loud. Before you play anyone good ganstakirby MM me for 5 dollars in brawl. If you struggle with me well......you are in trouble.

PC don't even.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
My nose won't stop running ever since I woke up today... I must have caught something yesterday while at the smashfest. :ohwell:

And I love it when Gojira says something that could potentially get a comeback from me, he says, "PC don't even," at the end. (This isn't the first time.)

DZLE

Smash Master
My nose won't stop running ever since I woke up today... I must have caught something yesterday while at the smashfest. :ohwell:

And I love it when Gojira says something that could potentially get a comeback from me, he says, "PC don't even," at the end. (This isn't the first time.)
PC sick?! Noooooooo!
Wait... WAIT. PC is a robot, right? ROBOTS CAN GET SICK?!

So how lollers is gankstakirby?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
tournament was good im excited for next time ^_^

EDIT:also i im not sure about this, do dlp HDtvs cause lag? if not i think ima host a tournament soon

i got a room with about 10 dlp HDtvs ^_~
Yes they do. They, however, won't have lag if you have component cables or HDMI cables for your games.

You will have lag on older consoles like the PS2 and etc. If you want to disable lag on those, you'll need a special converter box.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Okay, so I'm going to post the results for Brawl doubles and singles, and Melee singles.

Brawl Doubles
1:
Ken Neth & Sexy Yaz
2: Dai-A & wangston
3: Rade & Waffle Can
4: lanky_gunner & spudzalot
5: Minato & Perfect Chaos
5: gangstakirby & Flying J
7: Sada & Sada's friend (I'm not sure if she has a gamer's tag, but FTS's tournament brackets didn't have one listed.)

Brawl Singles
1: Dai-A
2: Sexy Yaz
3: Ken Neth
4: CorruptFate
5: Dark Ryu
5: Rade
7: Minato
7: wangston
9: lanky_gunner
9: Sada
9: spudzalot
9: Waffle Can
13: gangstakirby
13: Hammer Time
13: Joke
13: Monkey

Melee Singles
1: Perfect Chaos
2: CREA
3: FoxTheStampede
4: Gojira
5: Minato
5: Joke
7: vazor

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Really? When I checked, it said Dai-A and wangston won. Well, I'll fix it, since there doesn't seem to be any response from wangston regarding it being otherwise.

wangston

Smash Lord
is there any way fts can upload a snap shot of the bracket so I can fill out the tio results and upload it to aib?

Yeah pc me and david lost. We were so close. We almost had it.

C!Z

Smash Lord
So I heard Fate got ***** 1st round and made a comeback in losers lol.

Why didn't Ken, Yaz, David, and Marco play Melee? =\

So I'm guessin GKirby blew balls? LOL

C!Z

Smash Lord
Wow I knew those 3 were g4y. Burr's last tourney and they don't even stay for it. What kind of ****ty mormon friends are you guys. Boo morons!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Time for character results.

Brawl Singles
1: Dai-A (Falco)
I don't know what I should put for a secondary. He used Marth on me.
2: Sexy Yaz (Meta Knight)
3: Ken Neth (Snake)
4: CorruptFate (Pit)
5: Dark Ryu (Diddy)
5: Rade (Fox)
7: Minato (Pikachu)
7: wangston (Falco)

I don't know about secondaries, so feel free to correct this.

Top Bottom