• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC - May 2/3 - *NEED BRAWL DISCS*

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
My Bets on Adam, $1 bet, anyone wanna do a little betting booth on who will win Melee singles or something? :p I'm jk btw

Btw Meta, you should release a list on who allowed to go to the friday smashfest or else.... well yea.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
kk i'll come day 1. i'll have fun getting *****. I really enjoy watching pros play it's amazing what they can do XP

btw Woof and Eclipse are coming on day 2

lol make sure people bring their memory cards with their melees :p

Metà

Smash Master
NOTICE:

If you are planning on coming to the smashfest on Friday, do NOT show up at SFU until 5:30. I said 4 pm before, but I got the time wrong. It'll be open until probably 11 pm.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
wtf, no roby or WA? ): Suckkks

I might want housing. Only requirement really is melee.

Talking C, when should we have our 3rd Strike and GG? Any more room at Jack's?

Jugfingers and I are taking doubles btw.

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
uhhhh so it says registration begins for everything at9:00 saturday, but i can only go on sunday for brawl singles. You're talking about giving you the money and junk, right? could i just do it when i go on sunday?

also, it said it would be in a different room than the weeklies. Will there be lots of signs and yakal yelling "facial!" or will i need directions to find the room?

Thanks.

Sion

Island of Horizon
wtf, no roby or WA? ): Suckkks

I might want housing. Only requirement really is melee.

Talking C, when should we have our 3rd Strike and GG? Any more room at Jack's?

Jugfingers and I are taking doubles btw.
SF 3rd strike and guilty gear?

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
r u saying u want to hosue people at ur place, or want to stay over night at my place? lol.

Carl's in!! and R0b too
I want to house people, but I'm an hour away and I'm only around for the Saturday, so I wouldn't be able to do much, otherwise I'd be housing Victoria myself. Sorry, guys. :p

I can take care of myself. I'll see you guys Saturday.

As for the 3rd strike + stuff, it wouldn't be till after the tournament is over for the day. As for when after the tournament. I don't know. I'm kinda playin' in by ear here and I still wanna play a bunch of 64, too. :p

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sion. You play? I'm bringing the games, hopefully Talking C is brinigng the PS2, and it's byoc rules from there. From what I gather, Talking c even has a stick.

I just want some practice in those games a bit. Doesn't matter when.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sion. You play? I'm bringing the games, hopefully Talking C is brinigng the PS2, and it's byoc rules from there. From what I gather, Talking c even has a stick.

Wow, are you stalking our facebook group or something? Or did Rob tell you? :p

Yeah, I'm working on something. Technically, I have a stick, but it's in many pieces right now and I'm been putting them together since last Sunday. :p I don't know if it'll be ready by this Saturday, but I'm working on it. I have the parts together, I need to pick up last minute stuff (just nuts and bolts... literally) and I have to get a bunch of soldering and wiring done. I'm trying to get it done in the next two days, though.

Whether it's by this Saturday or not, though, it will get done. I've spent way too much money and too much time on this for me to give up on it. It's also going to be ridiculously awesome when it's done. :D

And, because I've never really confirmed it with you, yeah, I'm bringing a PS2 for sure and a controller (which other people are free to use). If people are nice, I'll let them use the stick if I finish it by then. :p

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Jack can you PM me your contact info and address?
I'd like to leave it so my parents know how to reach where I'm staying

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
uhhhh so it says registration begins for everything at9:00 saturday, but i can only go on sunday for brawl singles. You're talking about giving you the money and junk, right? could i just do it when i go on sunday?

also, it said it would be in a different room than the weeklies. Will there be lots of signs and yakal yelling "facial!" or will i need directions to find the room?

Thanks.
^Bump

10bumps

Metà

Smash Master
@ Gannonspetmoblin: You only need to pay before registration closes for each event. 9:00 is just the soonest people can start registering for Saturday's events. Also, the room is by the spiral staircase, like Clouderz said. The room number is ASB 9896, so it's on the floor below the room we usually play in. We'll set up signs leading to it.

Metà

Smash Master
Double post because this is important:

Important: please read this!

No one is allowed to sleep on the couches overnight at SFU for this tournament.

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I'm not going to be allowing people to stay overnight in either of the two lounges, for security reasons. I apologize to those who were planning on doing this, but there is alternative housing available. Several people have offered to house traveling players, including myself, Blunted_object10, Hitsugaya, StarWaffle, and a friend of mine that lives on campus. Please let me know if you need a place to stay, and I can work something out.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I really wish I could have let everyone know sooner about this.

Sanu

Smash Champion
So Blunted isn't coming to Starfurry then? And here he said he'd come if Quebec came too, kinda disappointing.

Tell him not to get our hopes up next time, annoying!! lol

Clouderz

Smash Ace
AIGHHHTTTT PAT0000TY ( i keep forgetting your name) i think its like tiut or tuit idk
we'll win for sure, ez money
since superboom obviously doesnt wanna win
;)jjkjkjkjkj;glkjhfdg

Sion

Island of Horizon

Yeah, I play both games. If Talking C allows, I'll use his controller. I don't have a controller of my own for a ps2 anymore =\

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Evan PM me your cell phone number and junk so I can phone you when I land.

The best doubles character ever. Making people tech everything and Fairing the **** out of them until they're offstage to only get Faired again.

weegee

:p
lol so mindgames. It looked like jiggs and then you're like "weegee."

mad hype
who will win? eric? carl? tony?
OR ADAM!?
or THE OTHER ERIC!!! :D

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
umm so, i cant make it on day 1 D: my friend invited me to playland at 9:30 am so i'll prolly be there all day. but i can drop by on friday to drop off my t.v :o would that be okay?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Double post because this is important:

Important: please read this!

No one is allowed to sleep on the couches overnight at SFU for this tournament.

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I'm not going to be allowing people to stay overnight in either of the two lounges, for security reasons. I apologize to those who were planning on doing this, but there is alternative housing available. Several people have offered to house traveling players, including myself, Blunted_object10, Hitsugaya, StarWaffle, and a friend of mine that lives on campus. Please let me know if you need a place to stay, and I can work something out.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I really wish I could have let everyone know sooner about this.
Actually I'd say you've said multiple times that people can't sleep on the couches at school. I'm not sure why people continued to think they could. The only people who can sleep on the couch are those who want this tournament to be cancelled and are okay with security hauling their ***** off and barring them from re-entry at any point in the future.

Metà

Smash Master
Everyone, PLEASE bring whatever set-ups you're able to bring. Even if you don't think it's necessary. If we don't have more than 8 WORKING set-ups, I may cap the big events at 32-man bracket, no pools. Let that be a warning, bring ANY equipment you can.

@ starwaffle: Yes, drop it off on friday, but remember, don't come earlier than 5:30

@ superboom: : /

@ jel: is kefit still coming?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Tim mentioned it to me when he was playing with me. He's all, "Ugh," towards those games haha. But that sounds great. Hopefully it's ready, and if it is, and it's good, would I be able to commission a stick from you? As much as a HRAP2 would be nice, they're super expensive. Speaking of cost, considering I do commission you, what would be the $$$ would you think? As long as it's Sanwa, Seismitsu, or Happ, and able to play on ps2, I wouldn't mind what parts you'd use.

Sound sick though. Perhaps Friday or Saturday night at Jack's or something? I'm just gonna get housed by whatever options and places I have.

Haha, that's awesome Sion. Perhaps you can give me some tips, I'm rather new to both games, only really played 3S in arcades and such. Bringing Capcom vs SNK 2 and KoF 98, but they're more games I play for fun as opposed to melee, 3s, and ac.

Top Bottom