• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ravin

Smash Lord
Brown Nite Is the coolest person in the world and i suckzors : ]
And this kid named erg is the best melee player in the history of smash

Lol.

Nite you douche. :3 He lost to bragging rights, Again.

Shoutouts later.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
buncha crap
Wow, that's your **** talk? How about $100 MM in Melee? If you're so confident in your ****ty pichu skills.

As for Brawl, I'm fine with double-blind. Worst case scenario, you win with MK/Falco, and I get the money back in Melee. I'm fine with that. Forward's just as terrible at Brawl as we are at... erm... Wait, bad analogy. He's as good at Brawl as I am at analogies.

I don't really care, honestly. ****ty game, I'll whip your *** either way. Just don't get 2-0'ed like you did against Tim. LOLOLOL

But hey, nice job with your ****ty **** talk. Come to Super Con and win from us. $500 guaranteed in Brawl pot, maybe a bonus for Melee. Maybe you can win a tournament with people that are somewhat decent. Prolly not.

EDIT: Also, lulz@ Pichu winning more tournaments than Sheik. You're funny. Have fun trying to grab her, too!

Honestly, do all people in ****ty states have this much of an overinflated ego?

DOUBLE EDIT: Hey, good job bragging about beating NorCal in Brawl. Seems like that's the same as me bragging about beating WY in Melee. So yeah, good job.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Shoutoutsssss!!!!!!!!!

Yang - It was cool you wanted me to do a tarot reading. I hope you enjoyed it. And you seem like your looking well.

Ferdi - Didnt talk to you much. :p

Meno - I still wanted to do Peach vs Samus matches but everytime I could get around to you, you were playing someone else.

Nite - Stop losing to me. Lol. I enjoyed seeing you again. We always have a good time.

Tony - Team spammus FTW. I have to work on aiming to spike you more.

Tim - Of always, the Ness i fear the most. Good to see you again. Thanks for the penny for beaing you once :p

Ryyu - Tooooo gooood. We need to do our mains in friendlies.

Flux - We need more friendlies as well. The team matches we did for fun vsing the other random people were great. Cant believe i camped that 2 vs 1 match and won it on Pirate ship :p

Munch - A Girl brawler? WTF?

Mikezore - Stop getting lost Lol.

Erg - Your too good at Melee. Stop it.

Anyone else I forgot ill reply to them if they put me in their posts :p

@NM - Stop *****ing when you lose to Flux because you cant CG him 0 to death. I personally think CG Worse then MK. At least with MK you have a chance of getting away or something to do.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Results?

The @NM thing was pointed at goyf i believe.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Most of NM complained about it, or mad gestures about it in a weird way because it was simply MK.

I hate MK as much as the next guy. But seriously, it got a little out of hand in a way.

1: dekar ($311.50)
2: Flux ($89.00)
3: goyf ($44.50)
4: Timotee
5: golden glove
5: Gamree
7: Ravin
7: R
9: Dr Maxx
9: Nite
9: Ryyudo
9: Mino
13: I
13: izzy
13: Z
13: Phil
17: Luis
17: k-DOG
17: Over9000
17: Starr
17: Munch
17: tyrin
17: Zero
17: Diad
25: Blue
25: necro
25: BEES!
25: mark 2
25: Padre
25: R2D2
25: oogie bala jerk
25: BlazingBird

Underload

Lazy
MK vs. MK is 60-40, mhm. He's his own counterpick.

I need to go to a singles tournament and place higher than 9th out of 18/20 =(

Edit: Wait, Zero and Over9000 got 17th, and Meno got 9th? Some guys who placed really high @ Gamefest got bracket *****, apparently :/

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Thanks for the results. Yeah NM is pretty biased against MK. I personally like playing vs MK after playing with Alphabravo a ton.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Im wondering if Samus is limiting my abilities in Brawl at all. Im placing higher everytime I go. But i am curious if I would do better in picking up someone else and learning to play them, would I do better. :p

Underload

Lazy
Im wondering if Samus is limiting my abilities in Brawl at all. Im placing higher everytime I go. But i am curious if I would do better in picking up someone else and learning to play them, would I do better. :p
I don't think that's the case.

I've used Snake actively for 11 months, going on 12, still haven't made any real splash. It's usually the player, not the character.

Ravin

Smash Lord
It was just a spurr of the moment. It hasnt been the first time it has crossed my mind or someone has said it to me. I have vastly improved with my Samus. Its just been a thought here and there moment.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
MK vs. MK is 60-40, mhm. He's his own counterpick.

I need to go to a singles tournament and place higher than 9th out of 18/20 =(

Edit: Wait, Zero and Over9000 got 17th, and Meno got 9th? Some guys who placed really high @ Gamefest got bracket *****, apparently :/
well i assuming ur talking about ZeroX, he wasn't there. Yeah tourney was alot of fun(due to melee) and thanks for the tarot read Ravin.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We should prolly change the results. I didn't even play. No way I got 13th.

I'd say yes, honestly. Your Samus is good, but the reason I'm able to beat you isn't because I'm beating you. I'm beating your character. Why else would I be able to beat you despite playing Melee for the past two weeks?

Neil - I DIDN'T GET TO PLAY YOOOOOOOOOU!

CF Player that I owned (I think it was Steve, but I can't remember the face for sure) - Jkjk, good matches, watch your habits. I would have given more tips, but I wasn't in the best mood today. Nice Roy. CC more, though, especially against Roy. Also, you have a REALLY bad habit of focusing only on kill moves when they're at kill percents. Fix that, and you won't have people coming back like I did almost every round.

Dekar - I only got to play you with Jiggz, and I'm sad. Nice Diddy. Play me at SuperCon. :D!

IC Maaaaaaaaaangz - Read the rules next time. They're posted on the site. Or don't get angry when I'm explaining them. Or whatever. Sorry I didn't explain things better, but I was seriously feeling terrible today.

New Mexico in general - Sorry this tournament was terrible. In general, the King of the Springs events are pretty lackluster. C3T and other Denver tournaments are leagues better. Next time you guys come, I'll be sure to get a full night's sleep so that we can have a proper tournament.

CO Brawl Players (except Flux) - Get owned.

Meno - You don't count. You're too cool.

Jamaaaaaaaaaaaal - Buy me Andre Cards. :D

CO Melee Players - Do you guys seriously want tournaments, or has everyone become Mikezor?

Mikezor - Doc v Mario is baaaaaaaaaaaaad for Mario, I think. It's like Luigi v Doc. D:

Ravin - Fun teaming with ya, dunno if I'll do spamus again. Too many problems with that team, knamean?

Yang - Random tipper bull****. I need to play your Marth a LOT more, as you're the only one that plays like a real Marth.

9000 - Play Melee.

R - GGs

Tim - I have some info for you that might help immensely with Brawl. I'll tell you in person, since I can't really describe it well over internets or phone.

Everyone else - Get owned.

The Avalanches - too good?

Is it just me, or is CO possibly the weakest four corners Brawl state? We have top-tier johns, granted, but the play with some of our "top" players has been going downhill lately. Either play the game or don't. I know that our Brawl scene has been kinda dead recently, but it's really up to you to step your game up.

This isn't to say that we're crap or anything, but CO is falling behind noticably. Our players that are growing are doing so rapidly, but our high level play is stagnating, I think.

Or maybe that's just brawl. Out-gimmick the other player. Or play MK. lololol

My thanks to Chap for producing another great album. You'll be getting the Oscar for sure this year!

Erm...

Dekar173

Justice Man
MK didn't win ;D

GGs all, you were a chill crowd, very strange people though (I'm staring at you, Kite).

Tim though, nothing wrong with that guy. Ryuudo either. They're more legit than a child not born with deformities.

Meno, beast Peach :D LM's a crazy counter-pick for her haha.

Fluxus, when will you be uploading those vids?!?! My very last kill on you was too sexy ;) Must have reminded you of a certain wifi match... =X

Crew battles, we must have them!

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
GGs Colorado. Look for a more rapetastic repeat at SuperCon.

@Fluxus: GGs, wherein the first G stands for Great instead of Good. You ought to have gone Pikachu more though. MK will be illegal soon enough. When do you think the matches you recorded will be uploaded?

@Tony: Yep, that CF player was me. Thanks for the advice and GGs. CO plays Melee strangely.

@Tim: Only played you in doubles, but good Ness from what I saw.

@Guy complaining about NM complaining about MK: We'll always complain about any MK, whether it's beating us or getting beat. This is because MK is a broken, metagame-destorying character who needs to be banned. >9000's (think it was him) MK gets a pass, because he plays with the controller upside-down like a badass.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'm pretty tired, I ended up partying and drinking late into the night, so if I forget you, yell at me, but here go shoutouts:

Erg- Get *****! (by your own side B)

Flux- Next time, Gadget! Also, we do need to friendly more

Tony- Soon I will have ALL the Andre cards in the world!

Nite- I'm sorry =( =( =( =(

Jamjamaal- ****, look at that flowchart!

GoldenGloooove- Yar, we didn't get to play singles =( Next time. Also, Street Fightah next time =D

Dekar- Pretty **** Diddy you gots goin' on thar, guess I'd better start training under a waterfall under water for the next 2 weeks.

Goyf- I'm far too lazy to type out your full name. Also, good playing you, very nice ****** rapists(ICs, they like grabbing people and they're *******) and wario. I should've wario dittoed you, for the hilarity that it is =(

Jorge- Pirate ship ness dittoes, too fun? Good playing with you sir, keep workin' on those mains as well

Mikezor- YEAH! YEAH! YEEEEEAAAAAH!

Lovo- Go play Halo more, cool kid

Ken- I <3 you

Neil- I <3 you even mores. You must train under a waterfall as well, so as to beat up the CO melee boys. But you'll have to bring some veggies or tofu, since you can't subsist on the fish that fly down the falls like I plan to =(

Ravin- My stick of gum was delicious! I think you are improving, but it might be wise to at least lock in a new main for a month or so to learn things you wouldn't normally see while playing samoose.

Over9000- Thanks for my batteries back! We didn't get to play, I are sad.

Gamry- I dunno if you read here, but good games sir!

Ferdi- How did you get your car back from near my house?

Meno- Keep on peaching it up, brotha! Also, how could you lose to that diddy in a MM?!?! >.> <.< >.>

Everyone I missed that doesn't read here- Get bent!

Everyone I missed that does read here- Sorry I forgot you, tell me!

Everyone that didn't make it- It's ok, we'll see you next time.

--------------
@Tony the Tiger knee of Justice Friends with benefits: You can come out and say that Flux and I are stagnating, instead of saying "the top". Or maybe you were including Nite too, I dunno. I can't speak for el fluxo, but yeah, I am. I haven't learned probably half the matchups in the game, I barely keep track of the new findings, and I don't play much because no one near me will play the game/I hate online. It's true, and it is something I'm gonna try to fix starting tomorrow, because I'm freaking tired right now and can barely focus attack.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

Ravin- Hope to see your more, fun team games. Thanks for being so cool, and great job with Samus. Impressive how far you got.

Tim- Friendlies we do need more I agree, another fun set as always. Lylat loves you.

Jamaal- Good games.

Over9000- Your getting better, we should have another gathering.

R- Idk if you read here, but your DDD is improving.

GoldenGlove- Sorry for spamming you, DK can't do much against nado once he's in it. Your very good, keep it up.

Goyf- Come back anytime if you want me to **** you again. You represented NM poorly.

Dekar- Great work, I'll be planning for your next arrival.

Meno- Continues to be my favorite :)

Nite- Be gayer.

Tony- Play brawl more plz plz.

Jorge- Thanks for teaming with me, you did great.

Dave- Tell your mom to let you go to tournies, otherwise I can't get revenge.

Luis?- I think that was you, how you play MK with upside down controller, I'll never know.

Everyone else who I missed- I love you.
=================================================================

Videos will be up when I can get them up.

GG's to all and I really need to start playing melee again. Lol.

Underload

Lazy
I'll be doing MMs and friendlies @ EFL next weekend. Singles, not doubles. Is anyone interested?

I'll also probably bring my hacked Wii. I have the following hacks that would prove useful:

No tripping
Infinite replay
Replay with tags
Super awesome texture hacks
Music hacks on neutrals to mix things up

And I can set up Brawl+ if there's a laptop on the premises w/ an SD card slot. Thoughts?

I'm teaming with Dave, if he gets off work on the 23rd. If he doesn't come for some reason (like the get together and CO Springs), I'm boned.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nah, it wasn't so much Flux. I think that until he starts getting beat badly, he's going to be stuck where he is. I do mean you and Nite, mainly. I'd include myself, but I place rather erratically now, and I have to be in a Brawl mood, knamean? Mainly just our vets, I guess.

If you need Brawl practice, lemme know. I love Melee, but I can at least point out habits and things to watch out for.

EDIT: I always have my SD card, Underload. Let's do it, betch.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dekar ended up winning... TWICE? How is it we let that gorgeous basdard win? We need to start playing with items-on more often.

GGs everyone. Fun tournament! I loved seeing all the new faces as well as the scraggly old ones.

Dekar!
Fun games man, I really had no idea of about half the stuff you were up to in our matches. Cool guy too - can't wait to see you and your tetris-shaped state again. Also, your eyes make me want to do cartwheels.

Flux!
You and your "winning" and "Mexican soccer shirts."

Also, I love you.

Ryyudo!
How is this not the most adorable thing you've ever seen: :001:
Bulbasaur wants to know why you don't love him.

Ravin!
Nice seeing your face once again. Shame we didn't get to play, but I wanted to play a ton of people as well - Nite kept yelling at us for doing friendlies.

Over9000!
Heh heh heh. Nice work Agent Ty... Tie. Thai? Also, Starbursts are delicious.

Tim!
I'll play Brawl! I'll essplain below.

And everyone I talked to!
Gah, I love our little Brawl community. I'm really glad to have met some of New Mexico - next time we can have the "crew battle" or whatever. :bee:

So, I'm officially out of school Monday, with my graduation this Saturday (so I'll miss the teams tourney). But I'm really aching to get some Brawl in now. I'm kinda disappointed in my showing in the Springs, so I'll start actually practicing with you guys from now on. Anyone open for doing something this week?

Also, my friend lost his gamecube controller. He left it next to mine, but then when I looked there it was gone. Anyone happen to see an extra black one after I left, or mistakenly took one? Apparently it was a somewhat droopy control stick - aka, "Gimpy."

Underload

Lazy
EDIT: I always have my SD card, Underload. Let's do it, betch.
Let'sa go!

What we really need to worry about @ the team tourney is having a few TVs. The last EFL tourney only had two, which was really disappointing. Every Brawl player can bring a Wii, but people don't think to ever bring a TV. 4 TVs would be a lot for a small community like CO. If we don't use all of them for tourney matches, we can have at least keep one open for friendlies / MMs.

I'll bring my Wii, SD card, and a copy of Melee. Hopefully Tony will bring his SD card with Brawl+ active, so I can JV 5 stock him with Falcon on Hanenbow.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So before I forget to ask again, who all is wanting to go to NM on the 30th for Barlw/Meleee? I'd really like to not be the only person, if only for the fact that my car's a/c doesn't work...

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Neil - I DIDN'T GET TO PLAY YOOOOOOOOOU!

New Mexico in general - Sorry this tournament was terrible. In general, the King of the Springs events are pretty lackluster. C3T and other Denver tournaments are leagues better. Next time you guys come, I'll be sure to get a full night's sleep so that we can have a proper tournament.

CO Melee Players - Do you guys seriously want tournaments, or has everyone become Mikezor?

Is it just me, or is CO possibly the weakest four corners Brawl state? We have top-tier johns, granted, but the play with some of our "top" players has been going downhill lately. Either play the game or don't. I know that our Brawl scene has been kinda dead recently, but it's really up to you to step your game up.

This isn't to say that we're crap or anything, but CO is falling behind noticably. Our players that are growing are doing so rapidly, but our high level play is stagnating, I think.

Too sad that we didn't get to play. It's okay, because next time I'll have a Guilty Gear setup at our tourney (not really) and you'll quickly become sexually attracted to me, forcing us to play together. And I didn't quite emphasize "what" we were playing :laugh:

NM wants melee tournaments.

CO is not possibly the weakest state, it IS the weakest state. in terms of brawl. you all jack off to melee so much that you neglect barlw (and i do that the most in my state, so much that i am characterized as notorious - I didn't enter brawl singles at the tourney even though I probably could have placed). Step up your brawl game and come down to NM on the 30th to test your new skills ;)

@Tony: Yep, that CF player was me. Thanks for the advice and GGs. CO plays Melee strangely.
QFT about CO playing melee strangely.
All right Tony, let me give you the run-down on your playstyle. I'll warn you that NM plays very aggressively in terms of its technical skill and its pressuring games, so we will be biased in our assessment of you.

We find CO very "slow." Not slow per se, as I've seen you guys work extremely fast in certain situations (just look at Ferdi's tech skill). Most of you seem to sit back and wait and sometimes even do that in your shield like its brawl. However, your patient style elicits a never-before-felt pressure on your opponent, one that somehow disables our tech skill.
Another thing is your "slowed-down combos." Bear with me here. I've seen this multiple times, where your opponent is in hitstun and you're right next to them. Normally you would continue the combo and attack, but you wait and somehow that waiting elicits an even more devastating finish.
Another thing Steven and I see is that you just "run past your opponent" when you should simply attack them on the spot. If i'm hiding in my shield, normally you would either dashgrab or predict our spot dodge and dash attack. But you guys instead run PAST our shield and "wait."

I honestly don't think you guys are pulling off mindgames that are beyond our level to comprehend, it's just a matter of the fact that we are alien to your playstyle. The strangest thing about your melee ways is that everything i've listed up there WORKS FOR YOU, and those kinds of things just SHOULDN'T work in general.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
How so? What do we do that's weird?
I dunno, you play slower and really don't throw out many attacks, but it's all so psychic that it hits. Maybe the correct sentiment is just "CO plays Melee well".

Example: Ferdi dash-attacked a Marth with Fox. Normally one would expect Fox to just utilt > aerial or whatever else. But Ferdi just stood there for a moment, then did a slow dash dance and upsmashed. It connected. Weird and sexy.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
We wait a lot cause we can/try to predict what you guys are doing. You guys are really technical but you're really predictable, like if I'm Marth against a space animal/Falcon, I just fthrow/dthrow and wait for your sidestep/tech back into another dthrow respectively. At extremely high levels of play(like against M2K and stuff) you'll feel like you get comboed by everything into everything not because they're set combos but because their prediction skills are top notch.

Only CO player to which this doesn't apply is Ergadis, because that guy's technicals is so fast that he doesn't necessarily need to play smart since he'll just shine spike you before you can do anything. Maybe this is the reason we're so bad against him? I kinda expect everyone else to use much much safer options and just wait for it(like if it was me or rafa or kenny we'd probably just hang at the ledge and edgeguard with Bairs), but no, this kid's got enough balls to just shine the hell out of you no matter where you are. This is probably due to me not having any confidence in shine spiking.

Also to people who haven't seen it, Darkrain's robocop combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jEUivOvY74

related cause Darkrain techchases you to everything

Underload

Lazy
Please judge a state's skills after more than one tourney in a 3 month period kthnx

Who used what characters in Grand Finals? I imagine Dekar used Diddy, so did Flux use...Metaknight or something?

NM should come to Cutthroat Console Tournament in June / Supercon in July and see if they're that much better than us at Brawl. Dave and ZeroX will probably both be there (they weren't at Springs). I'd also show up, seeing as both are in Denver.

I also want to play Dekar and his Diddy really badly. I know the matchup well, because I both play Diddys (Diddies?), and main him myself. He's my 2nd best. Idk who else is good in NM.

Also, Power Rankings. We need them.

Top Bottom