• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Thanks, shanus. I retract my statement, though; I'm starting to get used to it and it's actually not that different. It just seemed different at first because of the dair nerf, but it's fine now.

And yet another +1 support to skip's nipple comet suggestion.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
It'd probably be a meteor. But if anything is a spike, it HAS to be the nipples. None of this toe-spike stuff. Nipple spike or no spike.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
While talking about nipples is interesting...I'm here to say something about the Blue Bomber...err I mean Toon Link.

His new dsmash...seems kinda weird. Like you fixed the dsmash glitch altogether, both the <20% one and the sloped one, but it seems to cause TL to hit at the hilt instead of the backswing's tip like it normally would. Now this really doesn't seem like a problem since the backswing has only one hitbox, but it can lead to some weird places where the opponent pops up assuming there's no DI, perhaps even weirder with DI, don't know yet lol.

Also sometimes the opponent would be sucked in but doesn't pop up (weird weak vertical hitbox effect of the normal dsmash; which I guess by fluke prevented retaliation) anymore, it just leaves TL...exposed and ready for punishment. TL's dsmash really is rarely ever used since Usmash is better and you can rarely combo into it aside from tech chases or something, but just letting you know some quirks produced by fixing another quirk.

But you fixed what needed to be fixed Shanus, so high-five. =D

EDIT: Also seems weaker, but I didn't see any backswing hitbox mods in the code data so I'm assuming placebo effect of some sort after messing with it myself yesterday. xD

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
im not sure if its just throws but eletric pikmin dont have any hitstun (for throws) not sure if its the same with attacks

Rudra

Smash Ace
I thought Jiggs preffered the Air! was supposed to abuse her air mobility. Why would she need a better ground game? (okay, she has one, but its pretty bad lol)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I thought Jiggs preffered the Air! was supposed to abuse her air mobility. Why would she need a better ground game? (okay, she has one, but its pretty bad lol)
Seriously. If a jiggs is trying to fight on ground, she's doing it wrong, imo. :V

Anything she does on ground had either kill in a single hit, or send people up into the air.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Yes, Jigglypuff is a complete aerial character. Still, though, there are occasions where air is restricted or you just want to duke it out in good old manly fisticuffs with the opponent.

It is times like that when I look at Kirby and go "**** you and your fsmash, Kirby. **** you."

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I thought her ground game is landing that odd utilt and edgeguarding with Fsmash and occasionally doing DACUS out of nowhere and then laugh as your opponent got hit by Balloon Headbutt.

That's good enough imo (in the sense of the character; otherwise that's depressing).

Actually, A Jigglypuff with a ground game sounds like a cuter Wario. o_o

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
''Fox dair 2 dmg from 3 dmg''

The damage Nerf change the KB/Hitstun on his Dair?

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't care about her ground game. I just wish she could combo from grabs.

THOUGH A GROUND GAME WOULD STILL BE AWESOME. I want kirby fsmash.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Jiggly is already insanely good. Jiggly never had a ground game even in 64. Why give her one now? She is a complete aerial char and always have been.

I sorely mis my spammable razor leafs lol. But i feel it was for the better. It's still faster then vbrawl and that all that matters. But one thing though. Did yall reduce the knockback of ivy's up b? It feels like it and if so why? You had to time ivy's up b and he has no combos into it. No reason to nerf it.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Yeah, except she actually had something resembling a ground game in 64/melee. Usmash/Fsmash in 64 and melee weren't bad. The only good ground move Jiggs has in B+ is utilt, which has an absolutely miserable hitbox. Usmash is only good in unexpected DACUS.

I would still much rather have comboable grabs, though.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Jiggly is already insanely good. Jiggly never had a ground game even in 64. Why give her one now? She is a complete aerial char and always have been.

I sorely mis my spammable razor leafs lol. But i feel it was for the better. It's still faster then vbrawl and that all that matters. But one thing though. Did yall reduce the knockback of ivy's up b? It feels like it and if so why? You had to time ivy's up b and he has no combos into it. No reason to nerf it.
I think Up B is sped up after whatever frame so it ends faster allowing her to DI after the little hop earlier, maybe that is messing with something else?

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else having freezes after matches? I got the latest build (22-05-09) and it's freezing after 2 or so matches.

If it helps at all, I've added "Ness' bat always in his hand" and reversed Norfair to the set.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Yay to TL Fsmash Change \o/. Good Job

Now Ivy Razor Leaf is fine,nice little change ;)---The new hop on his Up-B is weird,but awesome xD.

I think Fox Utilt need to be 8%.If you look,this was 10%hb1 - 8%hb2
After the nerf,9% both hb.Now they fall to 7% both hb.Its a loot of %.
And the same question: The Dair dmg Nerf change the KB/Hitstun on his Dair?

Now some Marth aerials got a bit Nerf in dmg and KB(Now that combo better,but kill later,course)so,i like the new Uair,Fair not so much,but ok.Oh,and good job with Marth 4th down hit fix. o/

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Oh,and good job with Marth 4th down hit fix. o/
Ugh. As much as I hate it, its a weakness. If more people know about it, they might stop calling for nerfs. Let it stay, you're using a risky and unsafe move for damage building.

What I hate is the fair and how it doesnt send into tumble until 22% (tipped) 31% (untipped) which makes the move unsafe to use until those percents, imo. :/

Lack of tumble doesnt encourage combos.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Ugh. As much as I hate it, its a weakness. If more people know about it, they might stop calling for nerfs. Let it stay, you're using a risky and unsafe move for damage building.

What I hate is the fair and how it doesnt send into tumble until 22% (tipped) 31% (untipped) which makes the move unsafe to use until those percents, imo. :/

Grab set-ups maybe. lol

Yingyay

Smash Ace

Welcome to Sheik's world.
Come to think of it, I think there were a few people who agreed on making sheik's fsmash similar to Tlink's own. Whatever happened to that?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Too much cool-down on rising fair for nair to connect before the exit stun. If you commit to nair, they'll be out of stun, which wouldnt be a problem if fair could tumble before 22% (34%).

Also, take this to the Marth thread. wtf.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
It seems that ICs have a substantial dthrow chaingrab on Link. A human player couldn't get out of it, so it might be legit. Mind you, we didn't rigorously test it or anything, it just came up in a couple matches. I don't have anyone to play now to test it more thoroughly, but it seemed like it was working up to ~60%. I imagine it would do even more to Falcon and others, so it might be worth checking out to see if it really is legit if anybody feels like it.

Ness' new physics seem to be an improvement, but I still think he needs a bit more. Maybe a power boost to Fsmash, or maybe enlarging his u-air and/or u-tilt hitboxes a bit. I still think DJC would be awesome, but that is a lot more debatable I guess.

Also, coloured shields are soo cool

D

Deleted member

Why not use Unrestricted Control Editing, 3 liner Infinite Replays, and Unrestricted Replay Camera for the next build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom