• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
but that doesnt make any sense, alta has beat bingham twice in the last 2 football seasons, but i suppose metaknight can be beat >.<

but anyway take it to the utah thread

there you go fate, see im helping

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So far you've given Rade a gold star, Vazor ten points, and DZLE five blue stickers. Is there some sort of conversion sheet?

Anyone know the reference?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
but that doesnt make any sense, alta has beat bingham twice in the last 2 football seasons, but i suppose metaknight can be beat >.<

but anyway take it to the utah thread

there you go fate, see im helping
I was just about to post that, you get a gold star Rade.
I was going to post that as well...
So far you've given Rade a gold star, Vazor ten points, and DZLE five blue stickers. Is there some sort of conversion sheet?

Anyone know the reference?
I would also like to know.
And I'd like to know the results of the tourney as well. :)

r3d d09

Smash Master
LOL And what? You don't like blue moons?

But seriously, I miss those days when Fate would post the results as soon as the tournament ends, while still at the PnT.
with results, does he post final matches? if i ever go, I could bring a capture card and a laptop and record the videos with HQ, or just a tripod with a video camera. either way. I think it'd be cool to post them and critique our locals.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nul isn't moving back to Vegas; he already moved back there. He was on his way to Vegas last Saturday afternoon.

And no, videos aren't posted with the results. Just the standings and the brackets.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Top 5

1 Ken Neth
2 Dark Ryu
3 Lada
4 X
5 Lanky
5 Rade?

I know all those are right except for Rade. Rade I'm just assuming. Then the rest I was busy fighting my matches, so I'm not sure.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
LOL And what? You don't like blue moons?

But seriously, I miss those days when Fate would post the results as soon as the tournament ends, while still at the PnT.
pc... u deserve the cookie ;_:

dude i was sooooo lookin forward to brawl + at pnt

also i came at 1:00 for this pnt Dx and noone was there X_X my dad was like wtf ******* u made me go all the out here for that!?

r3d d09

Smash Master

also i came at 1:00 for this pnt Dx and noone was there X_X my dad was like wtf ******* u made me go all the out here for that!?
I think we can all agree on this being an epic fail. haha.
about brawl + does Utah or PnT have a set codes for gameplay. If so, i'd like to start practicing B+.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
ToF 10 results

Melee
Bracket
1: NPC1
2: PC
3: NPC2
4: NPC3

Brawl teams
Bracket

1: tit's mgee (X+lada)
2: the most dangerous snake (Dryu+Ken neth)
3: team lurp (Rade+Lanky)
4: Final Ganster (Final+Ganster)
5: shaq attack (David+daniel)
5: death clock (DS4+ sepheroth)
7: the J team (Jdog+ Masta)

Brawl Singles
Bracket

1: Kenny
2: Dryu
3: Lada
4: X
5: Rade
5: Lanky
7: Sage
7: david
9: Jdog
9: Final
9: Masta
9: Gkirby
13: DS4
13: daniel
13: sepheroth

I may have gotten the players wrong in the teams "the J teams" and "shaq attack" so if I did please let me know so that we have an accurate record.

This went very smooth considering the time restrait that was put on us. For those of us that didn't come we got done around 10 or 10:30ish so it only went over by hour.

Other than that their isn't much really to say other then thx to my helpers (Kenny, and Sage) for helping this run so great. And to prove PC wrong I am posting a vid with the results. There will be brawl

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I guess I'll post the results, now that minato is gone.

Tourney of Fate 10
6/6/09
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7563626&postcount=2216
15 Entrants
$5 Entry Fee

1 Ken Neth (Wario, Snake)
2 Dark Ryu (Diddy, MK)
3 Lada (ROB, Falco)
4 X (Sonic)
5 Lanky (Snake, Diddy, Ike)
5 Rade (Fox)
7 Sage (Lucario)
7 David (Shiek/Zelda )

I'm not sure about all of these, so let me know if I need to change it.

K, I've asked everyone in the top 8 execpt for David, who I don't really know. So I just went with asking who he lost to for the characters he used. I'm going to sumbit it now.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
ROFL at the melee brackets

GKirb sorry to hear you didn't get the updated time :(
but whenever someone goes after the red balloons on smashville I'm going to say "they're after me lucky charms!" just for you XD

congrats kenny dryu lada
I guess X got lazy haha

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

LOL Wow...so did you leave then come back, or did you stay there by yourself for a few hours?

Also, I would have came if friendlies were allowed (from the way Fate said it, it seemed like there was going to be none whatsoever). I would have lent my Wii at the beginning when it's really needed for tournament play if I did come, and it's set up to have cosmetic-only mods with regular Brawl as well (i.e. with the better looking shields, the better camera, and stuff like infinite-length replays, etc., too).

but whenever someone goes after the red balloons on smashville I'm going to say "they're after me lucky charms!" just for you XD
Yeah...what was up with the Melee bracket? :laugh: What does NPC stand for, anyway?
And LMAO at the Smashville red balloon comment! :chuckle: I will make sure you say this every time now...

As for r3d d09's question regarding Brawl plus, the PnT Wii doesn't have Brawl plus. Right now, I'm the one that's currently the most involved with Brawl+ out of anyone in the Utah Smash community. The people here that currently have Brawl+ on their Wii's are CorruptFate, S@G3, and myself (I thought gangstakirby had it too, but from his comments, it doesn't seem like it anymore). I'm the only one that has an up-to-date version, though.

Speaking of which, vazor, I found out why the Fall Special code wasn't working last Thursday. The No Water Lag (NWL) code, which is an out of date code, clashed with the Conditional Action Mod (CAM) code (which governs the Fall Special), since the CAM code is relatively new, and since the NWL code is not a primary code that they used, they never bothered to make it compatible with the CAM code. But I've taken the NWL code out, the FAll Special changes are working again. Also, they finally made the necessary speed-up for the wind-down lag for Ike's side-b when he swings
by 3 times (and also made the start-up 33% faster as well). Then there's other changes like buffs to the other heavy-weights (Bowser and Ganondorf), among others

Also, I heard that the Thursday weeklies may come to an end soon. Is it still going on this upcoming Thursday? When would it be expected to no longer happen?

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...what was up with the Melee bracket? :laugh: What does NPC stand for, anyway?
And LMAO at the Smashville red balloon comment! :chuckle: I will make sure you say this every time now...

As for r3d d09's question regarding Brawl plus, the PnT Wii doesn't have Brawl plus. Right now, I'm the one that's currently the most involved with Brawl+ out of anyone in the Utah Smash community. The people here that currently have Brawl+ on their Wii's are CorruptFate, S@G3, and myself (I thought gangstakirby had it too, but from his comments, it doesn't seem like it anymore). I'm the only one that has an up-to-date version, though.

Speaking of which, vazor, I found out why the Fall Special code wasn't working last Thursday. The No Water Lag (NWL) code, which is an out of date code, clashed with the Conditional Action Mod (CAM) code (which governs the Fall Special), since the CAM code is relatively new, and since the NWL code is not a primary code that they used, they never bothered to make it compatible with the CAM code. But I've taken the NWL code out, the FAll Special changes are working again. Also, they finally made the necessary speed-up for the wind-down lag for Ike's side-b when he swings
by 3 times (and also made the start-up 33% faster as well). Then there's other changes like buffs to the other heavy-weights (Bowser and Ganondorf), among others

Also, I heard that the Thursday weeklies may come to an end soon. Is it still going on this upcoming Thursday? When would it be expected to no longer happen?

Post 2222!!! mwahahaha

Sweet, it will be nice to play with those codes in again. I can't wait to try the reduced lag.

I forgot I have a meeting at U of U Thursday so there's a chance I won't make it after all.

r3d d09

Smash Master

Post 2222!!! mwahahaha

Sweet, it will be nice to play with those codes in again. I can't wait to try the reduced lag.

I forgot I have a meeting at U of U Thursday so there's a chance I won't make it after all.
Well, I have a wii capable of playing plus, it's already homebrewed and what not. I'm sure we would rather not play with a backup disk though ;)
What's this talk about Thursday? I barely start to reach out and go to tournies and what not and a weekly/monthly thing might get canceled? It better not =P
Can i get more info on this Thursday thing?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I have a wii capable of playing plus, it's already homebrewed and what not. I'm sure we would rather not play with a backup disk though ;)
What's this talk about Thursday? I barely start to reach out and go to tournies and what not and a weekly/monthly thing might get canceled? It better not =P
Can i get more info on this Thursday thing?
Every Thursday we have a little tourney at the Draper Play N Trade on 12300 S.
The tourney starts around 5:30 PM, but people like to show up early for friendlies and whatnot.
Entry fees are 3 dollars.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Heh, Minato wasn't there.

Basically, one of Fate's "good" bosses quit, and he was the one who favored the weekly thing. Now that he's gone, the "bad" bosses want the weekly thing to be done with.

Although Fate, from what I can tell, is trying to find a better job anyway, so the tourney will end up being someplace else anyway.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Every Thursday we have a little tourney at the Draper Play N Trade on 12300 S.
The tourney starts around 5:30 PM, but people like to show up early for friendlies and whatnot.
Entry fees are 3 dollars.
ah, well is there one going to be this week still?

Heh, Minato wasn't there.

Basically, one of Fate's "good" bosses quit, and he was the one who favored the weekly thing. Now that he's gone, the "bad" bosses want the weekly thing to be done with.

Although Fate, from what I can tell, is trying to find a better job anyway, so the tourney will end up being someplace else anyway.
Well... if I applies at the Game Crazy in Riverton, I'm sure we could have some there a month. I'm pretty close with a few managers.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
ah, well is there one going to be this week still?

Well... if I applies at the Game Crazy in Riverton, I'm sure we could have some there a month. I'm pretty close with a few managers.
Ooooh, not that im going to be here much longer, but if we do find a new location it'd probably be best if we laid down some (semi) strict rules that everyone NEEDS to follow... as much as Mike/Fate's boss is a douche, a bunch of the stuff that has happened negatively for the tourney has been directly because of stupid things that the peeps who have entered have done. (Generally speaking)

r3d d09

Smash Master
Ooooh, not that im going to be here much longer, but if we do find a new location it'd probably be best if we laid down some (semi) strict rules that everyone NEEDS to follow... as much as Mike/Fate's boss is a douche, a bunch of the stuff that has happened negatively for the tourney has been directly because of stupid things that the peeps who have entered have done. (Generally speaking)
Why don't we ask Mike what needs to change, and make it happen. It's happened before to where halo tournies were thrown at this one MTG/gaming place and stuff was going down then the whole group of players changed. * in a lump some form xD*
It's just an option. haha.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

congrats kenny dryu lada
I guess X got lazy haha
lmao <(^_^<)

LOL Wow...so did you leave then come back, or did you stay there by yourself for a few hours?
i went home and imagined i was still there... apparently it worked

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
So the weeklies and tournies are still happening right? I was gone and want to make sure I didnt miss anything important.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
But yup! I should be able to go to the weekly... and probably all of them til i leave! So... hopefully they stay up.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Then five it shall be. just bring your own controller or should i try and bring my whole setup?
You can just bring your own controller.
Bringing a whole setup would be more beneficial since it gives everyone (especially you) more time for friendlies and whatnot.

Usually there are 3 Wiis set up though, I believe.

r3d d09

Smash Master
You can just bring your own controller.
Bringing a whole setup would be more beneficial since it gives everyone (especially you) more time for friendlies and whatnot.

Usually there are 3 Wiis set up though, I believe.
sweet. if I bring my setup. we will be playing on a backup disk if that bothers anyone then bring your own disk and we can make the magic happen lol

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Me and Skyray are gonna make it to this one. We can both bring Wii's too, which will bring are total to like 6 Wii's. :D

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently me and my family are going somewhere tonight. They are really bad at telling me these things in advance. -_-

Maybe next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom